is the emphasis on teaching the word damming our souls?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ
Justin Mangonel said:
Dear V,

I have not even heard of the things you are talking about.

What I speak is just plain scripture. You know...when you seek God and He starts to show you things from His perspective scriptures come alive and questions you have had start to clear up. You cannot see, not because you cannot understand, but because your eyes are closed to His Spirit. .
What you speak is in contradiction to scripture.
And in turn we never hear you testify or use scripture to support your fell good experience.

I will refer to the thread title you started, one of many
is the emphasis on teaching the word damming our souls?
Your focus isn't on false or bad teaching it's about stepping outside the word as well.

Justin Mangonel

Nov 7, 2012
Dear V,

Unfortunately, the judgment you have made really is not very well founded. From what you write I can tell you have do not really have a very good idea of where I am coming from. Perhaps for some just generally looking like something they object to is good enough.

However, this is par for the course. Most of the time people do not really perform due diligence before the object to something. A lot of judgments are merely knee jerk reactions. This is to be expected given the state of the church and the people who are championing various doctrines that they really do not understand either.

The important thing is that the truth is being shared and that the revelation is available for those who are blessed with ears to hear and eyes to see.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Justin Mangonel said:
Dear V,

Unfortunately, the judgment you have made really is not very well founded. From what you write I can tell you have do not really have a very good idea of where I am coming from. Perhaps for some just generally looking like something they object to is good enough.

However, this is par for the course. Most of the time people do not really perform due diligence before the object to something. A lot of judgments are merely knee jerk reactions. This is to be expected given the state of the church and the people who are championing various doctrines that they really do not understand either.

The important thing is that the truth is being shared and that the revelation is available for those who are blessed with ears to hear and eyes to see.
I have not made any judgment of anyone on this matter (nor other matters), I chose which side I am going to be on. It's our Lord Jesus Christ that will be The Judge on these things. And though I do not condemn you, I am able to say that you are at present in grave danger because of your views of separating His Holy Writ from service in Him.

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ
Justin Mangonel said:
So lets look at your explanation about where this truth is found

And by your own words its based on your experiences instead of the experiences of those we find in the bible.
So your offering the revelation based on your observation that the OT offers little in the way of teaching.
Your revelation is based on your horse experience then add the cart latter--->> "cart" being the word of God

Justin Mangonel said:
I am in favor of a balanced approach but with the greater emphasis place upon experience. Mine you, I am not saying there should be no teaching...but if the ship is not moving there is no need to steer it.

I wonder why people distain feeling God so much. I would like to feel God any day of the week. It is like those who think they are “word” people judge those who they think feel too much. I have hardly ever met a really happy “word” person. But bless God they are busy grinding it out while looking narrowly at all those touchy feely people. To those who distain feeling I would say that God is not an intellectual endeavor but rather an experience. There is very little direct teaching in the whole of the Old Testament but rather it is a collection of divinely inspired stories of people’s experience. Given the choice I would take experience over dogma any day. However, it is not necessary to choose one or the other…it is just necessary to put the horse (experience) before the cart (teaching.)

BTW Justin you did know that every verse that Jesus and the Apostles quoted was from the OT don't you?

Axehead

May 9, 2012
The only thing that will damn our souls are the choices we make. We will not be able to stand before God and blame others. Whatever teaching comes your way, you are responsible for bringing it before the Lord and asking Him if it is from Him.

Jesus and His disciples warned us many times about false teachers. False teaching is meant to draw one away from Christ and that will damn your soul. "Annointed teachers" of God must still be carefully listened to and their words weighed against the scriptures and inquired of by the Spirit. The Bereans were a great example as they even tested Paul's words against the Scriptures.

Don't ever receive any teaching (ingest it and make it a part of you) until the Lord confirms it to you in your heart.

Justin Mangonel

Nov 7, 2012
Dear A,

Well Said.

Dear V,

Well, of course you were making value judgements on what I was saying. You judged where "it" was coming from. However this is ok because we all do the same. At least you are civil about it.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Justin Mangonel said:
Dear A,

Well Said.

Dear V,

Well, of course you were making value judgements on what I was saying. You judged where "it" was coming from. However this is ok because we all do the same. At least you are civil about it.
Glad you recognize that, because at present we have no authority to judge another to condemnation to the lake of fire. That is Christ's authority only, given Him by The Father.

However, that does not mean we aren't to judge each others beliefs and deeds, and give warning when necessary. Likewise per Rom.13, Christ has given some today authority to judge a person and execute the death penalty, which is the destruction of the flesh, but not their spirit with soul.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
An explanation of the word of God.

If God was to retract His word right now, nothing would exist but Him. Now if you took all the bibles in the world today and destroyed them all, life would still go on, Gods word will still exist and the Holy Spirit will still be teaching those who are wiling to listen. Funny thing, if everyone was led by the spirit, there would be no need for "mans church" and all would walk in agreement as we would all be in the truth, not mens wisdom, doctrines and understanding.

JM you comfound me, as most of what you write is true, but I am unsure of your motivation, re other topics,

In All His Love

Justin Mangonel

Nov 7, 2012
Dear M,

That was a good word.

My basic motivation is this. I have tasted of the promised land (the Tabernacles experience) but I cannot posses it fully until my brethren are ready to cross over jordan and take it with me.

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
on the contrary. there needs to be more teaching of the word of God. and many of these experiences people say is the holy spirit is actually another spirit.
How do you know. Were you there or are you making an assessment on the basis of what you have been told?

if it smells like a fish it's a fish. and marksman, the manifestations veteran was describing sounds like Satan. open your eyes.
I do not find your argument convincing as it seems to be "I am of the opinion" rather than the "word of God says this." I usually shy away from "It is my opinion" to build a case for anything.

And it depends on which eyes you are referring to. The ones in the head or the ones in the heart.

teamventure

Sep 6, 2011
marksman said:
How do you know. Were you there or are you making an assessment on the basis of what you have been told?

I do not find your argument convincing as it seems to be "I am of the opinion" rather than the "word of God says this." I usually shy away from "It is my opinion" to build a case for anything.

And it depends on which eyes you are referring to. The ones in the head or the ones in the heart.
a lot of these manifestations described sound identical and the same as manifestations in occultic rituals. i gave some verses in the leadership of the church thread for you.

now do you believe that thrashing around like a demon possesed person is from the holy spirit?

in matt 24:24 we are warned that in the last days there will be many false prophets who perform many signs and wonders. so if these false signs and wonders aren't you're movement then what and where are they? who is decieving even the very elect with false signs and wonders if your movement and others like it aren't part of the deception?

oh and how do you know were you there is a terrible defence. because if Satan can appear as an angel of light, then being there really holds no proof because you could have been decieved. back yourself up with scripture instead of i know cause i was there. you're the one asking for scripture so let's see some in your reply.

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
a lot of these manifestations described sound identical and the same as manifestations in occultic rituals. i gave some verses in the leadership of the church thread for you.
The sorcerers of the day emulated Moses miracles. That did not invalidate them.

now do you believe that thrashing around like a demon possesed person is from the holy spirit?
How do demon possessed persons "thrash around?" My experience is that they do not thrash around as the power of God is greater that the power of satan.

in matt 24:24 we are warned that in the last days there will be many false prophets who perform many signs and wonders. so if these false signs and wonders aren't you're movement then what and where are they?
I don't know so why don't you tell me as you seem to have a handle on all this.

who is decieving even the very elect with false signs and wonders if your movement and others like it aren't part of the deception?
I was led to believe from scripture that it is not possible to deceive the elect.

oh and how do you know were you there is a terrible defence.
it is not a defence. It is a question resulting from the claims that you have made.

because if Satan can appear as an angel of light, then being there really holds no proof because you could have been decieved.
It says the elect cannot be deceived.

back yourself up with scripture instead of i know cause i was there. you're the one asking for scripture so let's see some in your reply.
I have. The elect cannot be deceived.

teamventure

Sep 6, 2011
marksman said:
The sorcerers of the day emulated Moses miracles. That did not invalidate them.

How do demon possessed persons "thrash around?" My experience is that they do not thrash around as the power of God is greater that the power of satan.

I don't know so why don't you tell me as you seem to have a handle on all this.

I was led to believe from scripture that it is not possible to deceive the elect.

it is not a defence. It is a question resulting from the claims that you have made.

It says the elect cannot be deceived.

I have. The elect cannot be deceived.
i'm going to reply to the first two because they are the most important to me:
so any manifestation that is evil is simply copying a manifestation of the holy spirit? ludicris.

so what about these church services where people have thrashed around? is that of God or Satan?
i'm not going any further until you address that question because if you believe that's the holy spirit then well, i guess you'd believe anything.

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
so any manifestation that is evil is simply copying a manifestation of the holy spirit? ludicris.
If that is what you believe, be my guest. And the word is ludicrous.

so what about these church services where people have thrashed around? is that of God or Satan?
I don't know as I was not there.

i'm not going any further until you address that question because if you believe that's the holy spirit then well, i guess you'd believe anything.
You seem to have a problem with anyone who disagrees with you as your response tends to be sarcastic and childish.

You see, I have been around for a long time and have seen the good, the bad and the downright ugly. Which means I have seen and heard plenty to determine what I do or don't believe and I have had mentors that have kept watch over me to keep me on the straight and narrow and who took the time to teach me everything they know. In all this they allowed me to make mistakes and learn on the job.

Now here is the bottom line. I would not exchange any one of them for you because their most endearing characteristics were humility and grace, neither of which you seem to have. I learnt as much from their quality of life as I did from their teaching.

So if you cannot stomach someone who is not going to bow at your altar of spiritual correctness, that is your problem, not mine.

whitestone

Apr 3, 2011
Gold Beach Oregon
If one's teaching does not lead another person into repentance, righteousness and sinlessness, so that they can now begin to enjoy righteousness joy and peace in the Kingdom of God, then yes, that is nothing but vain jangling. And there is a ton of that jangling from the pulpit.

teamventure

Sep 6, 2011
marksman said:
If that is what you believe, be my guest. And the word is ludicrous.

I don't know as I was not there.

You seem to have a problem with anyone who disagrees with you as your response tends to be sarcastic and childish.

You see, I have been around for a long time and have seen the good, the bad and the downright ugly. Which means I have seen and heard plenty to determine what I do or don't believe and I have had mentors that have kept watch over me to keep me on the straight and narrow and who took the time to teach me everything they know. In all this they allowed me to make mistakes and learn on the job.

Now here is the bottom line. I would not exchange any one of them for you because their most endearing characteristics were humility and grace, neither of which you seem to have. I learnt as much from their quality of life as I did from their teaching.

So if you cannot stomach someone who is not going to bow at your altar of spiritual correctness, that is your problem, not mine.
well with all due respect throwing insults isn't un-childish either. but anyway, back on topic.
i guess it is spiritual correctness when someone hates Satan more and is more likely to stay clear of his manifestations.

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
well with all due respect throwing insults isn't un-childish either.
Then why do you do it?

i guess it is spiritual correctness when someone hates Satan more and is more likely to stay clear of his manifestations.
Once again, what you hate is people who disagree with you, especially as you can't see that you have put yourself up as the total authority on the ministrations of the Holy Spirit, but judging by your comments, all you are an authority on is putting people down if they do not agree with you.

The fact is, for every believer who agrees with you, there are 10 that don't, especially in countries like Africa and Latin America where the supernatural happenings of the HOLY SPIRIT are commonplace.

I have several books in my library that tell their stories by people who have seen it all, but according to you, they are all deceived by Satan.

If I was to take your claims at face value, we would have to remove the supernatural workings of the Holy Spirit from our lives completely as we are not spiritually mature enough to determine what is of God and what isn't.

Mind you, having said that, it is obvious that you and many others have chosen this path, preferring to live in fear of everything going wrong and nothing going right. In other words, the Holy Spirit is a bit of a buffoon because he is not able to show people the truth.

What is that scripture that says the unforgivable sin is to call the work of the Holy Spirit the work of Satan?