Is the Good News actual news? - No longer news to most

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Phil .

Nov 1, 2022
Midwest.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's not that I'm not listening. I just can't understand the concept.
that's funny..lol
Nevermind
I appreciate your effort.
Hugs
No one’s suggesting understanding or concepts. With deflection it’s enough to notice.
That there isn’t something like unicorns for example, isn’t a concept, it’s just the truth.

You are a foreigner to me Phil....:no reply:
....and there is no one to interpret....
If you say so.

If you have questions about anything said, feel free. That’s how ‘things’ become easily understood as it were.

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
A waiter says ‘chicken or steak’. The thought arises and is vocalized, ‘steak’. Then a second thought arises, ‘I chose steak’. That second thought is like a clown taking a bow after a show it wasn’t present for. The chooser is assumed in hindsight, but wasn’t there when the “choice was made” (it wasn’t). Communication happens apparently, there’s just no one doing it.

The thought arises, “I can’t get my mind….” and is believed. Where is it though?
Same for “my head” - where exactly is that?

The thought arises “you have to believe”, and is believed. Where is a you which has to believe though?

It’s the I which is conceptual.

“I been here before” is a thought, not how you feel.
:IDK:Hmmmm...makes no sense at all....what planet are you from? Does anyone speak your language here?

Beam me up Scotty..... :ummm:

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So the question is I?

Who what where when is I, and where is the origination of thought.

There is a thread about that here in the forum about were we alive before we were born.
Meaning does our origen origininate in what we call God. That our I is just an extension of God, the original mind.

Where does ego come from?

well unicorns are real, just not the way they are portrayed in fairytales.
And it comes from the bible and if you look up the original meaning of the word it means wild ox or aurochs.

Aurochs

Species of mammal, the aurochs (+ cattle, including zebus)
The aurochs is an extinct cattle species, considered to be the wild ancestor of modern domestic cattle. With a shoulder height of up to 180 cm in bulls and 155 cm in cows, it was one of the largest herbivores in the Holocene; it had massive elongated and broad horns that reached 80 cm in length. The aurochs was part of the Pleistocene megafauna. Wikipedia

What is truth?
Hugs

Phil .

Nov 1, 2022
Midwest.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
:IDK:Hmmmm...makes no sense at all....what planet are you from? Does anyone speak your language here?

Beam me up Scotty..... :ummm:
Thank you for sharing you’re thoughts about me.

If you have any questions about what was said, feel free.

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Thank you for sharing you’re thoughts about me.

If you have any questions about what was said, feel free.
To be honest...I wouldn't know where to start....its so way out of anything the Bible teaches that none of it makes any sense to me although I can see it makes perfect sense to you....maybe in a sci-fi movie but not in Christianity.....sorry.

Phil .

Nov 1, 2022
Midwest.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To be honest...I wouldn't know where to start....its so way out of anything the Bible teaches that none of it makes any sense to me although I can see it makes perfect sense to you....maybe in a sci-fi movie but not in Christianity.....sorry.
That would be more thoughts about me.
Mockery and belittling is really just reactionary deflection.
You could start with a question about what was said, if interested.

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Actually,
The "good news" for many people is to do EXACTLY what Jesus said to do...

"Tell what God has done for you".

Meaning YOUR personal testimony of what God has done. Not what you have done, not what God has done for others...but exactly what God has done for YOU.

Again, not what other Christians have done for you...just what God, Himself has done.

And that's difficult for many. It's either too personal, embarrassing, revealing or absolutely nothing at all.

Telling the truth doesn't have to be flashy or sensational. It's the truth. But it's real and genuine. And that makes all the difference in the world.

Reactions: Spyder and Ziggy

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I wrote this recently on a topic.

St. SteVen said:
For the most part, the Good News is no longer news.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In areas where the gospel has not been preached before, or is unknown, the Gospel is indeed Good News.
With the emphasis on NEWS.

But does the gospel lose its newsworthiness if known by the hearer?

- To whom is the Gospel not news at all?
- Is there good news for those already familiar?
- Can the Gospel be attractive to those who are SICK of hearing it?
- Is the Gospel a general message, or can it be personalized?

/ @ChristisGod @quietthinker
I've been appreciating the excellency of the Gospel as I read God's Word.

2 Corinthians 4:7 Amplified Bible
7 But we have this precious treasure [the good news about salvation] in [unworthy] earthen vessels [of human frailty], so that the grandeur and surpassing greatness of the power will be [shown to be] from God [His sufficiency] and not from ourselves.

Reactions: Ziggy

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Actually,
The "good news" for many people is to do EXACTLY what Jesus said to do...
We first of all have to know what Jesus said and did....sadly most only know snippets.

Luke 4:43....
"But he [Jesus] said to them: “I must also declare the good news of the Kingdom of God to other cities, because for this I was sent.”

Luke 8:1...
"Shortly afterward he [Jesus] traveled from city to city and from village to village, preaching and declaring the good news of the Kingdom of God. And the Twelve were with him".

Acts 28:22-23....when Paul was under house arrest, the principle men of the Jews requested an interview with him concerning these Christians....
"But we think it proper to hear from you what your thoughts are, for truly as regards this sect, we know that it is spoken against everywhere.”
23 They now arranged for a day to meet with him, and they came in even greater numbers to him in his lodging place. And from morning to evening, he explained the matter to them by bearing thorough witness concerning the Kingdom of God, to persuade them about Jesus from both the Law of Moses and the Prophets."

After admonishing the Jews he said...
"So let it be known to you that this salvation from God has been sent out to the nations; they will certainly listen to it.” 29
30 So he remained there for an entire two years in his own rented house, and he would kindly receive all those who came to him, 31 preaching the Kingdom of God to them and teaching about the Lord Jesus Christ with the greatest freeness of speech, without hindrance."

Do we see the same theme repeated there...? What were Jesus and the apostles preaching about? "The good news the Kingdom of God".

So is that what you said Jesus told us to do?
In my own experience, asking "Christians" exactly what "the Kingdom of God" is, results in many different answers, and sometimes even blank stares and 'crickets'. How can a Christian not know something so basic and fundamental?...a key teaching of Christ and his apostles....

So unless we know exactly what this "good news" is...how can we preach it?

"Tell what God has done for you".

Meaning YOUR personal testimony of what God has done. Not what you have done, not what God has done for others...but exactly what God has done for YOU.
Which is very faith strengthening no doubt.....but it isn't "the good news of the Kingdom of God"....is it?
Again, not what other Christians have done for you...just what God, Himself has done.
And I am sure that people have many uplifting stories to tell.....but we still need to know what it was that Jesus taught his disciples about "God's Kingdom" that was "good news".
And that's difficult for many. It's either too personal, embarrassing, revealing or absolutely nothing at all.

Telling the truth doesn't have to be flashy or sensational. It's the truth. But it's real and genuine. And that makes all the difference in the world.
Fulfilling the great commission is what being a "Christian" is all about....it is what Jesus left as his last instruction....

"Go, therefore, and make disciples of people of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the holy spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all the things I have commanded you. And look! I am with you all the days until the conclusion of the system of things.” (Matt 28:19-20)

And what did Jesus and the apostles have to teach these new disciples?...."ALL" that he had commanded them, which was about the coming of the Kingdom.

The Lord's Prayer for example is well known in church circles, but Jesus never taught us to pray that prayer......he said "pray this way", not the words by rote, but the things he spoke of in order of importance....our prayers were to be modeled after this one.
He also told us not to repeat the same words over and over but it seems as if most of Christendom only knows how to pray one way.

First was the sanctification of God's name...how many in Christendom know that God's name is not Jesus? (Psalm 83:18 KJV)

Can you tell me what is involved in the 'coming' of God's kingdom? How does it "come" and what is the good news about that?
How is God's will "done on earth as it is in heaven"?.....because the world is far from that now and we are almost 2000 years from when Christ offered his life for us? Why has such a long time elapsed in the outworking of God's purpose?

People need answers to those questions......how would you answer them?

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We could recite the parables Jesus gave the people to think about.
:D

The Sermon on the Mount.

Thing is we don't live in that world anymore and it's harder to relate with it today.
I mean, what does a mustard seed look like? just sayin..
Half the kids today don't know how to plant a tomato.
How do you explain the process of gardening and weeding out the thorns.
Maybe that's when you know the time of the end is near, no one knows what anybody is talking about.
I can't keep up with the new lingo and slangs today and I'm only 58.
These next couple generations coming up like weeds have no idea what we're talking about.

AI is going to end everything as we know it.
And it will create it's own gospel truth and the world will follow it.

Time is short.
Hugs

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I wrote this recently on a topic.

St. SteVen said:
For the most part, the Good News is no longer news.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In areas where the gospel has not been preached before, or is unknown, the Gospel is indeed Good News.
With the emphasis on NEWS.

But does the gospel lose its newsworthiness if known by the hearer?

- To whom is the Gospel not news at all?
- Is there good news for those already familiar?
- Can the Gospel be attractive to those who are SICK of hearing it?
- Is the Gospel a general message, or can it be personalized?

/ @ChristisGod @quietthinker
Those who are sick of it either have never heard it or don't want to hear it.
The heart of the Gospel cannot be rationalised or discovered using the parameters of men.

New birth is not something one can generate by trying; by engaging some formula. Consider Paul's story.
Scripture repeatedly speaks of blind eyes and deaf ears.....and it is not a condition foisted upon anyone. It is the result of prolonged and determined resistance to God's Spirit through the course of a lifetime.......subsequently Jesus says, 'they have their reward already.

Last edited:

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
AI is going to end everything as we know it.
And it will create it's own gospel truth and the world will follow it.
I should use AI to create my topics.
What a time saver.

Or better yet, get AI to answer my post quotes.
It could guess what I would say. I'm pretty predictable, right? - LOL

/

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We first of all have to know what Jesus said and did....sadly most only know snippets.

Luke 4:43....
"But he [Jesus] said to them: “I must also declare the good news of the Kingdom of God to other cities, because for this I was sent.”

Luke 8:1...
"Shortly afterward he [Jesus] traveled from city to city and from village to village, preaching and declaring the good news of the Kingdom of God. And the Twelve were with him".

Acts 28:22-23....when Paul was under house arrest, the principle men of the Jews requested an interview with him concerning these Christians....
"But we think it proper to hear from you what your thoughts are, for truly as regards this sect, we know that it is spoken against everywhere.”
23 They now arranged for a day to meet with him, and they came in even greater numbers to him in his lodging place. And from morning to evening, he explained the matter to them by bearing thorough witness concerning the Kingdom of God, to persuade them about Jesus from both the Law of Moses and the Prophets."

After admonishing the Jews he said...
"So let it be known to you that this salvation from God has been sent out to the nations; they will certainly listen to it.” 29
30 So he remained there for an entire two years in his own rented house, and he would kindly receive all those who came to him, 31 preaching the Kingdom of God to them and teaching about the Lord Jesus Christ with the greatest freeness of speech, without hindrance."

Do we see the same theme repeated there...? What were Jesus and the apostles preaching about? "The good news the Kingdom of God".

So is that what you said Jesus told us to do?
In my own experience, asking "Christians" exactly what "the Kingdom of God" is, results in many different answers, and sometimes even blank stares and 'crickets'. How can a Christian not know something so basic and fundamental?...a key teaching of Christ and his apostles....

So unless we know exactly what this "good news" is...how can we preach it?

Which is very faith strengthening no doubt.....but it isn't "the good news of the Kingdom of God"....is it?

And I am sure that people have many uplifting stories to tell.....but we still need to know what it was that Jesus taught his disciples about "God's Kingdom" that was "good news".

Fulfilling the great commission is what being a "Christian" is all about....it is what Jesus left as his last instruction....

"Go, therefore, and make disciples of people of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the holy spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all the things I have commanded you. And look! I am with you all the days until the conclusion of the system of things.” (Matt 28:19-20)

And what did Jesus and the apostles have to teach these new disciples?...."ALL" that he had commanded them, which was about the coming of the Kingdom.

The Lord's Prayer for example is well known in church circles, but Jesus never taught us to pray that prayer......he said "pray this way", not the words by rote, but the things he spoke of in order of importance....our prayers were to be modeled after this one.
He also told us not to repeat the same words over and over but it seems as if most of Christendom only knows how to pray one way.

First was the sanctification of God's name...how many in Christendom know that God's name is not Jesus? (Psalm 83:18 KJV)

Can you tell me what is involved in the 'coming' of God's kingdom? How does it "come" and what is the good news about that?
How is God's will "done on earth as it is in heaven"?.....because the world is far from that now and we are almost 2000 years from when Christ offered his life for us? Why has such a long time elapsed in the outworking of God's purpose?

People need answers to those questions......how would you answer them?
Those were the names of sermons that Jesus taught. They were poems that were earworms...they stuck in your head if you understood Aramaic. And Jesus was talking to his Apostles. Not to his disciples....there's a difference.

But the man at Gadarenes....not a disciple but wanted to be.
And the "Good News" at the time was that God, the Messiah was here among them and listening to everyone on an individual basis.

Most people (that fear God) consider gaining God's attention to be a positive thing. Especially when He is handing out miracles as if they were simply candy in his pocket.
That's "Good News". That God is always as good and kind as we have heard all our lives. No, He doesn't play footsie with sin. But God is GOOD!

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Those were the names of sermons that Jesus taught. They were poems that were earworms...they stuck in your head if you understood Aramaic. And Jesus was talking to his Apostles. Not to his disciples....there's a difference.
Jesus didn’t preach poetry…he preached the truth, and by his many illustrations, he got his message across to the few who were really touched by his simple teachings.

The apostles were to spearhead the work the Master assigned to them….to continue what he started and to make more and more disciples. But preaching was to be engaged in by all his followers who heard it and responded….then offering the same opportunity to others. (Rev 22:17)

Luke 10:1-2…
”After these things the Lord designated 70 others and sent them out by twos ahead of him into every city and place where he himself was to go. 2 Then he said to them: “Yes, the harvest is great, but the workers are few. Therefore, beg the Master of the harvest to send out workers into his harvest.”

So not just the apostles….Christ’s disciples were to go out and make more disciples…this is how Christianity was to be spread.

But the man at Gadarenes....not a disciple but wanted to be.
And the "Good News" at the time was that God, the Messiah was here among them and listening to everyone on an individual basis.
No…..at no time did the Messiah identify himself as “God”. He identified himself as "the son of God".....not the same.

And “the good news of the kingdom” never changed…..what was “good news“ about it then, is still good news to this day.
But you didn’t answer my questions, which is nothing new in my experience…..those who subscribe to the teachings of Christendom have no idea what the kingdom is, how it comes, or what it will do for redeemed humanity….they are too busy trying to get to heaven, when that was never a destination for the majority of humans in the first place.

Only a chosen few would get that privilege and God would be doing the choosing.
These have a specific role…..as “kings and priests”, ruling with Christ. (Rev 20:6) But kings need subjects and priests needs sinners for whom to perform their priestly duties. They will have these on earth where the kingdom will rule saved humanity. (Rev 21:2-4)

You see, that is the good news! That, what we lost in Eden, is given back to us at the end of the Kingdom’s 1000 year rule.…when Jesus hands back rightful rulership to his Sovereign, God and Father, having accomplished what he was “sent” to do……to restore everlasting life in paradise on earth for those who are humble and obedient to the Creator, in spite of the devil's trickery.
Most people (that fear God) consider gaining God's attention to be a positive thing. Especially when He is handing out miracles as if they were simply candy in his pocket.
In the first century, miracles were a common thing and this demonstrated that God had turned his attention away from the corrupt Pharisees and the continuing disobedient nation they led, and was blessing the apostles who received the holy spirit from Jesus after his departure. Before then, miracles could still be performed by the mention of Jesus’ name. Now it was their own possession, a token of their heavenly inheritance and the means by which many would come to Christ. But it was not to last….
Paul wrote….
”But if there are gifts of prophecy, they will be done away with; if there are tongues, they will cease; if there is knowledge, it will be done away with. 9 For we have partial knowledge and we prophesy partially, 10 but when what is complete comes, what is partial will be done away with. 11 When I was a child, I used to speak as a child, to think as a child, to reason as a child; but now that I have become a man, I have done away with the traits of a child.. . . .Now, however, these three remain: faith, hope, love; but the greatest of these is love.” (1 Cor13:8-13)

Christians had to grow up and move on to maturity, so the identifying traits of a mature Christian now, was not the witnessing of miracles, but the qualities of “faith, hope and love”…….so the gifts died with the apostles who were the only ones who could pass them on to others by the laying on of hands. After the death of the apostles, an apostasy was foretold….but Christendom pretends that it never happened. (Acts 20:29; 1 Tim 4:1-3; 2 Pet 2:1-3)

There are no miracles now as there was in the first century, otherwise there would be no hospitals or doctors or surgeries that we have to pay large sums of money to "fix" us. The miracles were only performed on unbelievers to bring them to Christ….they were never used on themselves or their fellow Christians and there were no failures. But the devil is a mimic and he will prey on the ignorance that is promoted in the church system to see these less than perfect “miracles” as coming from God, when it is really the work of the one whom Paul said can transform himself into “an angel of light”. (2 Cor 11:13-15) The devil has power too....but nothing like God's power.
That's "Good News". That God is always as good and kind as we have heard all our lives. No, He doesn't play footsie with sin. But God is GOOD!
No, that is not, ”the good news of the Kingdom”, which has to be based on what that “kingdom” is…..and how it “comes”, so that God’s will is “done on earth as it is in heaven”…...what it will do for those redeemed by Christ’s sacrifice.

You have done what most do when confronted with these specific questions…you skirted around them by referring to peripheral things connected with that “good news”…..but unless you understand “WHAT” the kingdom of God is, you will never be part of it, or enjoy its rulership because you are preaching the wrong message, with a false Christ, and false expectations for the majority.

You are trying to unify something that is not of God, so it will never come together as much as your intentions are noble. Christendom is a disunited, bickering mess…..and Christ has never set foot in its many divided churches because they have accepted a counterfeit Christianity that was sown by the devil so long ago, that no one even notices that it is failing because of perpetuating the same corrupt teachings with which it began.

When Jesus says at the judgment….”I never knew you”….he means “never”….which is ”not ever”. (Matt 7 :21-23)

Last edited:

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus didn’t preach poetry…he preached the truth, and by his many illustrations, he got his message across to the few who were really touched by his simple teachings.

The apostles were to spearhead the work the Master assigned to them….to continue what he started and to make more more disciples. But preaching was to be engaged in by all his followers who heard it and responded….then offering the same opportunity to others. (Rev 22:17)

Luke 10:1-2…
”After these things the Lord designated 70 others and sent them out by twos ahead of him into every city and place where he himself was to go. 2 Then he said to them: “Yes, the harvest is great, but the workers are few. Therefore, beg the Master of the harvest to send out workers into his harvest.”

So not just the apostles….Christ’s disciples were to go out and make more disciples…this is how Christianity was to be spread.

No…..at no time did the Messiah identify himself as “God”. He identified himself as "the son of God".....not the same.

And “the good news of the kingdom” never changed…..what was “good news“ about it then, is still good news to this day.
But you didn’t answer my questions, which is nothing new in my experience…..those who subscribe to the teachings of Christendom have no idea what the kingdom is, how it comes, or what it will do for redeemed humanity….they are too busy trying to get to heaven, when that was never a destination for the majority of humans in the first place.

Only a chosen few would get that privilege and God would be doing the choosing.
These have a specific role…..as “kings and priests”, ruling with Christ. (Rev 20:6) But kings need subjects and priests needs sinners for whom to perform their priestly duties. They will have these on earth where the kingdom will rule saved humanity. (Rev 21:2-4)

You see, that is the good news! That, what we lost in Eden, is given back to us at the end of the Kingdom’s 1000 year rule.…when Jesus hands back rightful rulership to his Sovereign, God and Father, having accomplished what he was “sent” to do……to restore everlasting life in paradise on earth for those who are humble and obedient to the Creator, in spite of the devil's trickery.

In the first century, miracles were a common thing and this demonstrated that God had turned his attention away from the corrupt Pharisees and the continuing disobedient nation they led, and was blessing the apostles who received the holy spirit from Jesus after his departure. Before then, miracles could still be performed by the mention of Jesus’ name. Now it was their own possession, a token of their heavenly inheritance and the means by which many would come to Christ. But it was not to last….
Paul wrote….
”But if there are gifts of prophecy, they will be done away with; if there are tongues, they will cease; if there is knowledge, it will be done away with. 9 For we have partial knowledge and we prophesy partially, 10 but when what is complete comes, what is partial will be done away with. 11 When I was a child, I used to speak as a child, to think as a child, to reason as a child; but now that I have become a man, I have done away with the traits of a child.. . . .Now, however, these three remain: faith, hope, love; but the greatest of these is love.” (1 Cor13:8-13)

Christians had to grow up and move on to maturity, so the identifying traits of a mature Christian now, was not the witnessing of miracles, but the qualities of “faith, hope and love”…….so the gifts died with the apostles who were the only ones who could pass them on to others by the laying on of hands. After the death of the apostles, an apostasy was foretold….but Christendom pretends that it never happened. (Acts 20:29; 1 Tim 4:1-3; 2 Pet 2:1-3)

There are no miracles now as there was in the first century, otherwise there would be no hospitals or doctors or surgeries that we have to pay large sums of money to "fix" us. The miracles were only performed on unbelievers to bring them to Christ….they were never used on themselves or their fellow Christians and there were no failures. But the devil is a mimic and he will prey on the ignorance that is promoted in the church system to see these less than perfect “miracles” as coming from God, when it is really the work of the one whom Paul said can transform himself into “an angel of light”. (2 Cor 11:13-15) The devil has power too....but nothing like God's power.

No, that is not, ”the good news of the Kingdom”, which has to be based on what that “kingdom” is…..and how it “comes”, so that God’s will is “done on earth as it is in heaven”…...what it will do for those redeemed by Christ’s sacrifice.

You have done what most do when confronted with these specific questions…you skirted around them by referring to peripheral things connected with that “good news”…..but unless you understand “WHAT” the kingdom of God is, you will never be part of it, or enjoy its rulership because you are preaching the wrong message, with a false Christ, and false expectations for the majority.

You are trying to unify something that is not of God, so it will never come together as much as your intentions are noble. Christendom is a disunited, bickering mess…..and Christ has never set foot in its many divided churches because they have accepted a counterfeit Christianity that was sown by the devil so long ago, that no one even notices that it is failing because of perpetuating the same corrupt teachings with which it began.

When Jesus says at the judgment….”I never knew you”….he means “never”….which is ”not ever”. (Matt 7 :21-23)

So you are the only one going to Heaven then eh? Everyone else is not gonna make it?

Gonna be awful lonely there all by yourself and not know anyone.

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
So you are the only one going to Heaven then eh? Everyone else is not gonna make it?
Is that what I said? Please don't misquote me, or make my words say what I never did.

I have no hope of going to heaven because God designed us humans to live here on the earth. He lovingly prepared this planet to teem with life and gave humans, made in his image, the assignment of spreading the boundaries of their paradise home until the whole world looked like the garden of Eden. I for one look forward to that....to be ruled by the best government that the world has ever had.

Those chosen by God.....the ones with "the heavenly calling"...."saints/elect", (Hebrews 3:1) will be taken to heaven to rule with Christ....I hope to be among their subjects here on an earth transformed into what God intended at the beginning.

Please show me where God ever told Adam that he was going to either "heaven or hell".
Gonna be awful lonely there all by yourself and not know anyone.
On the contrary.....I already belong to an international brotherhood who all have the same hope as I do.....very few of the elect now remain on earth as this is the "time of the end"...the time when Jesus was to come back for them and take them 'home' to be where he 'prepared a place for them'.

As we meet together regularly for Bible instruction, worship and training for the ministry that Jesus instructed his disciples to carry out, the great commission has been in operation all through these "last days". (Matt 28:19-20; Matt 24:14)
Jesus said he would be "with" his disciples, guiding and directing this work throughout the whole period, right up to "the end", which is rapidly approaching. Jesus is not "coming"...he is already here and has been taking care of his own all this time, blessing their efforts in the search and rescue mission he commanded.

You guys can continue to muddle through, carrying the burden of Christendom's false teachings...or you can stop and ask yourselves how certain you are that God is actually blessing your efforts to unite the hopelessly divided church system? If God's spirit was among you, you would be united, but you are all more divided than ever.

Your short, curt reply indicates to me that you have no answers, even to the most simple questions. If only you would stop and listen....

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is that what I said? Please don't misquote me, or make my words say what I never did.

I have no hope of going to heaven because God designed us humans to live here on the earth. He lovingly prepared this planet to teem with life and gave humans, made in his image, the assignment of spreading the boundaries of their paradise home until the whole world looked like the garden of Eden. I for one look forward to that....to be ruled by the best government that the world has ever had.

Those chosen by God.....the ones with "the heavenly calling"...."saints/elect", (Hebrews 3:1) will be taken to heaven to rule with Christ....I hope to be among their subjects here on an earth transformed into what God intended at the beginning.

Please show me where God ever told Adam that he was going to either "heaven or hell".

On the contrary.....I already belong to an international brotherhood who all have the same hope as I do.....very few of the elect now remain on earth as this is the "time of the end"...the time when Jesus was to come back for them and take them 'home' to be where he 'prepared a place for them'.

As we meet together regularly for Bible instruction, worship and training for the ministry that Jesus instructed his disciples to carry out, the great commission has been in operation all through these "last days". (Matt 28:19-20; Matt 24:14)
Jesus said he would be "with" his disciples, guiding and directing this work throughout the whole period, right up to "the end", which is rapidly approaching. Jesus is not "coming"...he is already here and has been taking care of his own all this time, blessing their efforts in the search and rescue mission he commanded.

You guys can continue to muddle through, carrying the burden of Christendom's false teachings...or you can stop and ask yourselves how certain you are that God is actually blessing your efforts to unite the hopelessly divided church system? If God's spirit was among you, you would be united, but you are all more divided than ever.

Your short, curt reply indicates to me that you have no answers, even to the most simple questions. If only you would stop and listen....
Your theologies are anything but mainstream. Very different from non-denominational or conservative theologies....just saying.

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Your theologies are anything but mainstream. Very different from non-denominational or conservative theologies....just saying.
My beliefs do not come from mainstream "theology" because 1) God has never been "mainstream.....and 2) theology is not Bible study....it is the work of men interpreting the Bible to suit their own long held beliefs.

How far back do we have to go to see that "the church" fell into apostasy very early in its history. What passes today for "Christianity" is nothing even close to what Jesus and his apostles taught.

"Christendom" with its central core of beliefs, was born in 4th century Roman Catholicism, long after the death of Christ and his apostles and in accord with Jesus' warning about the "wheat and the weeds"...long enough for those "weeds", sown by the devil, to sprout and take over the world, like weeds take over a garden.

Anything that Christendom accepts as 'gospel truth', does not find its origins in God's word without a lot of forcing their beliefs into ambiguous scripture. All of their doctrines are really only suggestions, made often enough, and long enough for people to accept them as truth.

Why would the devil sow seeds of counterfeit Christianity? What better way to derail the Christian faith than to fill it with false doctrines that have no basis sin scripture and that go against everything that Christ taught.....leading people to believe what is not true.....from the original liar and deceiver who never stops trying to lead people astray.

Have you never done a study on the origins of the trinity....the immortal soul....and hellfire? Their history will help you to ascertain where they came from? I assure you that the ancient Jews had none of those teachings in their scripture. Remember that Jesus was Jewish and so were all of his apostles, so why would they teach what was contrary to their only "scripture" at the time? (2 Tim 3:16-1)
All of those teaching will take you back to original Babylon.

The deceiver never sleeps, but Jesus said that this apostasy was born "while men were sleeping"...there is no sleep like spiritual sleep....not awake to the devil's activity which he used to advantage on the Jewish Leaders in Jesus' day.....Judaism and Christendom are mirror images of one another......the same creator of both is rubbing his grubby hands together, happy with his victory over both.

The "mainstream" were never going to make it to salvation because they too were lured into spiritual drowsiness, taken in by a religious system corrupted by the traditions and teachings of men. (Matt 15:7-9) Jesus said that this made their worship (no doubt held sacred by the majority) as "in vain" or invalid. Christ sees Christendom's members in exactly the same way.....which explains why, when his judgment is delivered upon them, he rejects the majority as those he "NEVER KNEW". (Matt 7:21-23) They are shocked at his rejection because, in their own eyes they were genuine "Christians", doing all the things they believed were "Christian" works.

People need to step back and see that history is repeating....it can only do so if we fail to learn from the lessons of the past. We have proven time and again that we are not good at this. Take some time to reevaluate what you accept as truth.....it could be just the opposite, dressed up to look like it. That is what deception is.