Is the holy spirit a living being Equal to God?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All your bibles are translated from Catholicism translating. Its all that remained of the NT when the protestants translated.
Which Bible do you recommend? They ALL teach that Jesus is God and Hell is eternal.

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you referring to God of the Bible Who drowned all on Earth but 8, making them an example?
It took Noah 40 years to build the ark, word spread of the warning God gave. Instead of heeding the warning, mortals came from all over to laugh at Noah. Those back then were very violent it says, immoral. Wicked thinking all the time. God has the right to say what occurs on his earth. Possibly he saw eventually it could effect the only 8 who were righteous. Plus the fallen angel children=Nephlim were around as well-very violent. God rid the earth of them and the wicked.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It took Noah 40 years to build the ark, word spread of the warning God gave. Instead of heeding the warning, mortals came from all over to laugh at Noah. Those back then were very violent it says, immoral. Wicked thinking all the time. God has the right to say what occurs on his earth. Possibly he saw eventually it could effect the only 8 who were righteous. Plus the fallen angel children=Nephlim were around as well-very violent. God rid the earth of them and the wicked.
You changed the subject! lol

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Which Bible do you recommend? They ALL teach that Jesus is God and Hell is eternal.
20 other translations in history has a god in the last line at John 1:1-3 had was divine. The NWT fixed the errors that contradict Gods truth. And put Gods name back where he wants it. Condemned by those who are wicked and fear taking the name in vain.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
20 other translations in history has a god in the last line at John 1:1-3 had was divine. The NWT fixed the errors that contradict Gods truth. And put Gods name back where he wants it. Condemned by those who are wicked and fear taking the name in vain.
Name ONE that doesn't teach that Jesus is God. You can't. Jesus is God!

Col 1 By Jesus ALL things were created!

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lol. What rules of comprehension do you apply to God’s word? Jesus is not God but a man who died.
Soon you will stand before Jesus the Judge Who knows ALL THINGS and answer to Him.

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My post clearly shows there is 0 equality between the Father, son and holy spirit.
Well that cannot be if the Bible clearly shows the opposite. Apparently you've collected a couple verses out of context to try and make a feeble case, but they don't prove anything when the entirety of Scripture makes a different case.

Fact--Every living being has a personal name-The HS does not.
The Bible says that the Holy Spirit is God. John 4:24; John 14:21-23; Romans 8:9-11

That means the Holy Spirit's Name is Jesus Christ.

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lol. What rules of comprehension do you apply to God’s word? Jesus is not God but a man who died.
Simple. I read exactly what it says and compare it to everything else it says.

Done and done.

Jesus the man, died. Jesus' flesh, died.

The animating Spirit within that man from Divine Conception, which was the source of the Eternal Life that He freely gave out to all He chose to during His lifetime (John 6:63, 68), cannot possibly die. You can't get Eternal Spiritual Life, quickening Life, from a source that is not made up of it - from a source that is capable of death.

Jesus IS LIFE. (John 14:6) The very essence of Life.

That doesn't die.

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
As a side point...not an imaginary super natural being just plain man did these things. Aunty Jane tried ever so hard to prove her fiery being existed but failed in every attempt...in the end she retreated into the abyss. That was a sad day when she claimed her community held no such understanding and even though she could see "a truth" she fell on her 8.5 million believers. A warning Keiw - don't ever think your community has a hold on truth! They dont. The JW's walked away from natural Jewry into error and they will be shown their forefather Charles was 100% right on that subject.
F2F
What “fiery being” would that be....since I don’t have one....? (Unless of course you mean the one who obliterated Sodom and Gomorrah)

And as for the rest of that post, please provide details of when and where I supposedly did this? I retreat from no false accusations...... but I will “shake the dust off” when it is clear that my accusers are not open to agreement no matter what evidence is presented to them. They know who they are.....

I see all these unsubstantiated accusations but no evidence that any of them are true.....in the name of a fair hearing, how about providing the evidence for your accusations, instead of the cowardly, ignorant shots fired from behind a tree.....if you are Christians, present your evidence in a Christian manner and work through the scriptures to see who has the truth backed up by what the whole Bible says, not just tired old cherry picked verses.

A warning to you too F2F......don’t ever think that Jesus backs those who deny the truth of God’s word and who teach what is not truth......Jesus knows those who belong to him, and those who are misled will find out very soon that he does not tolerate those who misrepresent him and his Father.
I worship the same God that Jesus worshipped....the one he still worships in heaven. (Revelation 3:12)

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Name ONE that doesn't teach that Jesus is God. You can't. Jesus is God!

Col 1 By Jesus ALL things were created!
JW,s Jewish, Muslims, unitarians

Prov 8=Gods master worker speaking= the one whom God created all other things through, the one by Gods side during the creation process, tells all at Prov 8 God created it all. Tells all he was created.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
JW,s Jewish, Muslims, unitarians

Prov 8=Gods master worker speaking= the one whom God created all other things through, the one by Gods side during the creation process, tells all at Prov 8 God created it all. Tells all he was created.
You are so desperate! Name on Bible. You can't!

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Simple. I read exactly what it says and compare it to everything else it says.

Done and done.

Jesus the man, died. Jesus' flesh, died.
Then you ADD to God's word as nowhere is says merely a part of Jesus died. This shows you're willing to distort God's word to protect your IDOL.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It takes knowing the real Jesus, by believing him over errors.
You can't even name ONE Bible! Who told you that your opinions overrule our Bible? Kingdom Hall maybe?

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then you ADD to God's word as nowhere is says merely a part of Jesus died. This shows you're willing to distort God's word to protect your IDOL.
Such irony indeed! No Scripture? Of course you don't have any.

John 20 Thomas said to Jesus, "My Lord and MY GOD"!

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lets look at the facts:
1) The Father has a name-YHWH(Jehovah) - The son has a name-Jesus--Holy spirit-0
2) The Father sits on a throne-- The son sits on a throne-- Holy spirit-0
3) The Father shares things with the son-Holy spirit-0
4) The Father teaches the son- Holy spirit-0
5)Many important passages mention God and the son-Holy spirit-maybe 2-- The important one = John 17:3--One must know the Father-THE ONLY TRUE GOD and the one he sent forth-Jesus to get eternal life- Holy spirit-0

The answer i believe is no the Holy spirit is not a being, but Gods active force according to all that bible evidence.
The New Catholic encyclopedia 1967-Vol XIII page 575-- The majority of New testament texts reveals Gods spirit as something, not someone.

Some religions teach it is a living being, what do you think seeing all the real evidence?

What I would like to know is why would somebody or something want Christians to believe the Holy Spirit is a person. Who does it benefit? What does it produce? I have the same question with why make Jesus God. If there is no Trinity. Then who does it benefit to believe there is? Certainly not the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is God (who is Spirit), God's Word, and then the holy spirit of God (which would be God who is Spirit - Spirit).

Status
Not open for further replies.