Is the nation of Israel really of the devil, fooling Christians?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Our God is a promise keeper.
He will most certainly return before national Israel and save them all from the least to the greatest.
It is impossible for our God to lie to the fathers.
Agree.....There are many scriptures that pertain to God restoring Israel after their rebellion against Him and because of it He caused them to be defeated as a nation and scattered until the time of restoration.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Agree.....There are many scriptures that pertain to God restoring Israel after their rebellion against Him and because of it He caused them to be defeated as a nation and scattered until the time of restoration.
Amen, the Apostles even asked Jesus about the restoration in Acts 1.
He told them it is none of their business and not their time.
God is honest.

Reactions: Heart2Soul

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Great question.
But to answer, I ask a question.....
What is an unrepented sinner doing in the water being baptized?
Was the person paid?
I never saw that before.
I have seen uncommitted types, but not unrepented.
When people repent and then commit by following through as God directs, how well do they already know their own heart? When we are very young we may believe we know about everything. I recall at the age of 12 thinking I was already smarter/wiser than my parents and all of the adults around me. Of course, I was wrong, but it was not until I really was walking with God that I gained enough wisdom to realize how little I really understood. Now at 76 my greatest understanding is the realization of how little I still understand, not so much about people anymore, but about God. A lot of people, even on this forum, who act as if they had all of the answers about God. I really doubt that.

What is an unrepentant sinner doing in the water of baptism? God provided through the sacrifice of Jesus and the outpouring of the Holy Ghost everything a man would need. But man often riding too close to, or even on, a lukewarm fence looks where he should not and seeing something he wants rather than needs goes for it. Therein often lays the problem of followers of Jesus. They take their eyes off Him and lay them on something else for too long a period of time.

So then maybe it is not that he was unrepentant for likely most people in that situation in the water really are... at least of the many things that might come to their mind, but were any of their doors unconsidered closed to God, or did any of their doors get closed later when they gave a second thought?

I was not expecting from you a startling revelation, but just some considering perhaps similar or better than what I have done.

On the other question I asked about David, how many of us go to face our giants "in the name of the Lord of Hosts" or as we might say, in Jesus name? I might be able to answer it already but I keep on seeking and God does keep on providing more.

We know or believe now that anyone can come to God with repentant heart and receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. In the OT I would say that most people could not do that. They had to go through the sons of Aaron [priests] or to one of God's prophets in order to receive God's direction. Where would you say that puts David, the shepherd boy, who slew Goliath?

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When people repent and then commit by following through as God directs, how well do they already know their own heart? When we are very young we may believe we know about everything. I recall at the age of 12 thinking I was already smarter/wiser than my parents and all of the adults around me. Of course, I was wrong, but it was not until I really was walking with God that I gained enough wisdom to realize how little I really understood. Now at 76 my greatest understanding is the realization of how little I still understand, not so much about people anymore, but about God. A lot of people, even on this forum, who act as if they had all of the answers about God. I really doubt that.

What is an unrepentant sinner doing in the water of baptism? God provided through the sacrifice of Jesus and the outpouring of the Holy Ghost everything a man would need. But man often riding too close to, or even on, a lukewarm fence looks where he should not and seeing something he wants rather than needs goes for it. Therein often lays the problem of followers of Jesus. They take their eyes off Him and lay them on something else for too long a period of time.

So then maybe it is not that he was unrepentant for likely most people in that situation in the water really are... at least of the many things that might come to their mind, but were any of their doors unconsidered closed to God, or did any of their doors get closed later when they gave a second thought?

I was not expecting from you a startling revelation, but just some considering perhaps similar or better than what I have done.

On the other question I asked about David, how many of us go to face our giants "in the name of the Lord of Hosts" or as we might say, in Jesus name? I might be able to answer it already but I keep on seeking and God does keep on providing more.

We know or believe now that anyone can come to God with repentant heart and receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. In the OT I would say that most people could not do that. They had to go through the sons of Aaron [priests] or to one of God's prophets in order to receive God's direction. Where would you say that puts David, the shepherd boy, who slew Goliath?
In my view, everyone that get's willing baptized.... repents.
All of them/us have no idea what obstacles lie in front of us.
When we cave to them, as Jesus spoke of per stony or thorny grounds, folks judge them as never repenting in the first place.
In my view after 58 years of living and 40 years as a born again man, I think everyone is vulnerable to falling.

God help us all and deliver us from evil.

Reactions: amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In my view, everyone that get's willing baptized.... repents.
All of them/us have no idea what obstacles lie in front of us.
When we cave to them, as Jesus spoke of per stony or thorny grounds, folks judge them as never repenting in the first place.
In my view after 58 years of living and 40 years as a born again man, I think everyone is vulnerable to falling.

God help us all and deliver us from evil.
I agree that every person willingly baptized does repent, but would it be a repentance, that is a turning around, from things not understood? I think not. I believe that is the process of growth toward God a person will necessarily repent again along the way as he realizes there things within still in the way of being as much like Him as we can:

"He must increase, but I must decrease." John 3:30

I also agree that everyone is vulnerable to falling. If we have the power of the Holy Ghost within, we need not, but the choice is ours until and if we have overcome all of the world as did Jesus!

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree that every person willingly baptized does repent, but would it be a repentance, that is a turning around, from things not understood? I think not. I believe that is the process of growth toward God a person will necessarily repent again along the way as he realizes there things within still in the way of being as much like Him as we can:

"He must increase, but I must decrease." John 3:30

I also agree that everyone is vulnerable to falling. If we have the power of the Holy Ghost within, we need not, but the choice is ours until and if we have overcome all of the world as did Jesus!
Amen. It seems repentance merely begins at baptism, then becomes a lifestyle for us.
The longer we live the more sins we commit.
Grace makes more sense as we age, huh?

Reactions: amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen. It seems repentance merely begins at baptism, then becomes a lifestyle for us.
The longer we live the more sins we commit.
Hopefully our sins will diminish in number as He is increased in us. This would be the right kind of growth. He does understand our frailty, but He wants us to grow closer to Him and certainly has provided the means by the sacrifice of Jesus and the outpouring of the Holy Ghost.
Grace makes more sense as we age, huh?
Amen!

Reactions: Truther