Is the three year old Child that dies?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I died spiritually somewhere around the ninth grade. But I didn't hear the Good News of God's forgiveness and became saved until I was 23 years old.

In hindsight, I, too, realized that God was there all along, knowing that I was ground that the word of God would grow in.

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I died spiritually somewhere around the ninth grade. But I didn't hear the Good News of God's forgiveness and became saved until I was 23 years old.

In hindsight, I, too, realized that God was there all along, knowing that I was ground that the word of God would grow in.

Just as appoint of interest, I once heard J. Vernon Mc Gee Preach That the Age Of Accountability May be as high as 30 years of age.....Jesus did not start His Ministry until he was 30 and McGee tied that in somehow....I don’t remember the details, and I don’t agree.....just thought that it was interesting...

Reactions: Ferris Bueller

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't think I even knew what sin was at age eight.

All I knew is when I would get upset and hateful sometimes I would pray and ask God to forgive me and I’ll never do it again. But I always end up doing whatever it was again.

It was around the age of 16: still never knowing Jesus even when calling out to God as mentioned before I started to hate him, and everyone else.

I think I was 10 when I first 'asked Jesus into my heart' but without nurturing and support it would be another 25 years before I really understood and became truly born again but I know that God had his hand on me all the while.

Your right about the time it takes to grow in the Lord it is not an overnight process it’s a long protracted process.

Praise God.

Just as appoint of interest, I once heard J. Vernon Mc Gee Preach That the Age Of Accountability May be as high as 30 years of age.....Jesus did not start His Ministry until he was 30 and McGee tied that in somehow....I don’t remember the details, and I don’t agree.....just thought that it was interesting...

It’s a blessing to know regardless if someone becomes into the acknowledgment of their sin. It was paid for on the cross and God still loves the person… God desires for us to come to know the Son so that we can have freedom from bondage of sin and death. Jesus has overcame death, even spiritual death for all.

The thing is if one hears the word of God then desires to know more and become part of the heavenly kingdom right?

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think I was 10 when I first 'asked Jesus into my heart' but without nurturing and support it would be another 25 years before I really understood and became truly born again but I know that God had his hand on me all the while.
"I die daily."

Reactions: Pearl

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think the term: "Age Of Accountability" is a misleading label theologians attached to a concept that, as a result of said label, is actually a subject we should all understand a lot better than we do. Theologians are like politics: They ruin everything. :mad:

:D

Reactions: bbyrd009

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We all sin. But the merciful will obtain mercy on Judgment Day. Those who vote to kill people will not receive mercy!

James 2:13 (NKJV)
13 For judgment is without mercy to the one who has shown no mercy. Mercy triumphs over judgment.

Last edited:

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’m firmly of the belief that sin cannot happen until the person is of age to realize that ___ is wrong and against God’s ways. There must be that maturity for accountability.

A young kid below that age is not of accountability and has no sin. The are saved by the grace of God, for He does not have the innocent parish.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Does the three year old child who never called out the name Jesus saved by never knowing who He was?

Is the child dammed to hell forever by God?

In my understanding Jesus saved the child having paid for the sin of the Child. Even more so Jesus has had victory over sin, and defeated, sin, death, hell/Sheol, and separation from God. Which was for all people!

God is good, God love, God is just, God is merciful… to suggest that child goes to hell damned forever is simply just not biblical to me.

Thoughts comments?

For those who have lost children my heart goes out to you, and just know God is good and God has resurrected them! God is not like Man!
There are two possibilities:
  1. God has pronounced such a person without sin by the blood of Christ by election, by bringing them to the End (whom is Christ) shortening their days of tribulation.
  2. Such a person is not part of the Elect, and only receives the gift of life in this world for so long as serves His purpose...perhaps for someone else.

EloyCraft

Mar 17, 2022
Az
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God does what God wills. I trust that whatever God does it is good. I personally believe He has worked them into his plan of salvation.