Is the three year old Child that dies?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Does the three year old child who never called out the name Jesus saved by never knowing who He was?

Is the child dammed to hell forever by God?

In my understanding Jesus saved the child having paid for the sin of the Child. Even more so Jesus has had victory over sin, and defeated, sin, death, hell/Sheol, and separation from God. Which was for all people!

God is good, God love, God is just, God is merciful… to suggest that child goes to hell damned forever is simply just not biblical to me.

Thoughts comments?

For those who have lost children my heart goes out to you, and just know God is good and God has resurrected them! God is not like Man!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Does the three year old child who never called out the name Jesus saved by never knowing who He was?

In my understanding Jesus saved the child having paid for the sin of the Child. Even more so Jesus has had victory over sin, and defeated, sin, death, hell/Sheol, and separation from God. Which was for all people!

God is good, God love, God is just, God is merciful… to suggest that child goes to hell damned forever is simply just not biblical to me.

Thoughts comments?

For those who have lost children my heart goes out to you, and just know God is good and God has resurrected them! God is not like Man!
Where do I find the age of accountability in the Bible ...

Thirteen is the most common age suggested for the age of accountability, based on the Jewish custom that a child becomes an adult at the age of 13. However, the Bible gives no direct support to the age of 13 always being the age of accountability.

Where do I find the age of accountability in the Bible? | GotQuestions.org

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Interesting also that in Hebrews 9.14 it speaks of the blood of Christ Who through the eternal Spirit offered Himself without spot to God purging the conscience.

In the end, the Lord knows the conscience.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Does the blood shed of Jesus cover the 13 year old who never knew Jesus and was killed?

Reactions: Nancy

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What about people who have be maligned by Religious abuse from possibly either Christian churches or in the other offshoots of Christianity?

Does Jesus blood cover them? Even though they killed themselves having followed cults.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
What about people who have be maligned by Religious abuse from possibly either Christian churches or in the other offshoots of Christianity?

Does Jesus blood cover them? Even though they killed themselves having followed cults.
What about them? Only God is wise enough and all seeing enough to make those decisions. Who among us would have the wisdom and knowledge to judge?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My heart goes out to those who have deceived by material religion.

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Thoughts comments?

Deut 1:39 Speaking about the Promised Land :)

"39 Moreover your little ones, which ye said should be a prey, and your children, which in that day had no knowledge between good and evil, they shall go in thither, and unto them will I give it, and they shall possess it. " KJV

Here it is in the NIV:
"39 And the little ones that you said would be taken captive, your children who do not yet know good from bad—they will enter the land. I will give it to them and they will take possession of it."

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where do I find the age of accountability in the Bible ...

Thirteen is the most common age suggested for the age of accountability, based on the Jewish custom that a child becomes an adult at the age of 13. However, the Bible gives no direct support to the age of 13 always being the age of accountability.

Where do I find the age of accountability in the Bible? | GotQuestions.org
Just as a sidebar to your point: James Dobson of Focus On The Family has long claimed that he was born again when he was 3 years old, in response to an alter call from his father. I suspect it was more of a response to his father than to the Holy Spirit. Of course, the emphasis in that last sentence should be on the word "suspect" since I cannot judge and I certainly wouldn't want to minimize the positive impact his ministry has had on millions of people, myself included (I read his book Dare To Discipline as part of a homeschooling training program). In any case, this is the youngest testimony I have ever heard by far.

I'm pretty sure the Bible says the Holy Spirit was with Jesus from birth and, for that matter, from conception. So we shouldn't expect to be able to nail down the Modus Operandi of the Holy Ghost, which I intend to be considered in agreement with your comments. The one thing we know for sure is that we can trust the Judge of the earth to do right (Genesis 18:25).

Another Scripture of comfort in this circumstance might be:
(This might have been mentioned already.)

James 4:17 KJV: Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin.

(I love this verse!)

or-

Acts 17:30 KJV: And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:

Wouldn't these apply to children as well?

God is so good. Praise Him!!

Psalm 22:3 KJV: But thou art holy, O thou that inhabitest the praises of Israel.

:)

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
3085dfa6d78b39be22b08dabcfce6373.jpg

Last edited:

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Thoughts comments?

Rejecting what has been accomplished for humanity comes in many forms. Foremost is the 'religious'....the dogmatic....the insistence that God is subject to our rules and understandings.

'let the children come to me for such is the kingdom of heaven'.....Jesus.
.....and it's not just talking about those of few years. It includes the mentally disabled and all who through no choice of their own are at a disadvantage.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rejecting what has been accomplished for humanity comes in many forms. Foremost is the 'religious'....the dogmatic....the insistence that God is subject to our rules and understandings.

.....and it's not just talking about those of few years. It includes the mentally disabled and all who through no choice of their own are at a disadvantage.

Matthew 18:3 - And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.

Reactions: MatthewG

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen! He is greater than Man.

So essentially what we are saying is that Sinful men and women are concerned about Babies , yet a Perfect, Loving God may “ Not” be? I think that’s very doubtful......If “we” worry about children, I can pretty much “ GUARANTEE “ that God does...quite silly when you think about it....

“ Won’t the God that created the Universe Do right?” Gen 18:25

Reactions: MatthewG

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I agree totally sir. Absolutely

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lot's of good answers have been given.
I personally see an age, or point of accountability in one's life in scripture here:

"9 Once I was alive apart from the law; but when the commandment came, sin sprang to life and I died." Romans 7:9

For me, that was somewhere around the ninth grade. I became accountable for my sins then.

Reactions: BarneyFife

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So essentially what we are saying is that Sinful men and women are concerned about Babies , yet a Perfect, Loving God may “ Not” be? I think that’s very doubtful......If “we” worry about children, I can pretty much “ GUARANTEE “ that God does...quite silly when you think about it....

“ Won’t the God that created the Universe Do right?” Gen 18:25
Hi, BB53! Been a while. ..
waving-smiley-emoticon.gif

I'm not so sure this approach to the subject would be of much comfort to parents who've just lost a baby. Just sayin'. Scripture's good, tho.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lot's of good answers have been given.
I personally see an age, or point of accountability in one's life in scripture here:

"9 Once I was alive apart from the law; but when the commandment came, sin sprang to life and I died." Romans 7:9

For me, that was somewhere around the ninth grade. I became accountable for my sins then.
He had to grab me early--I was 8. I would have been unreachable by ninth grade, I think. (Duh, otherwise he wouldn't have rushed to grab me at 8.) "I coulda had a V-8!"