Is the Word of God only found in scripture?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Such apostles are no longer alive. We have their teachings in the scriptures.

I’ve told you before “big bird” Jesus says they remain until his return matt 28:19-20 behold I am with you (the apostles) until the end

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have a serious question please answer in a serious manner

Is Christ the king?

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
He did
Banished from heaven
The question was why didn't God destroy Lucifer. He certainly could have considering He created him. So why is he still alive and why is he able to vex humanity with his temptations and lies and murders? When you find the right answer to that, then you will discover why persecution by the church, any church, is the work of Satan.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The question was why didn't God destroy Lucifer. He certainly could have considering He created him. So why is he still alive and why is he able to vex humanity with his temptations and lies and murders? When you find the right answer to that, then you will discover why persecution by the church, any church, is the work of Satan.
The church cannot persecute anyone
Or Christ would be guilty of that persecution
The church has the sacred responsibility to safeguard the truth against all errors and to safeguard the faithful from all scandals
The church only determined that these groups are teaching error and encourages the state to execute justice

Simon Magnus: the father of all heretics!
Condemned by Saint Peter!

Early church:
Gnostics: secret or hidden knowledge of salvation.
Novationism: extreme rightism (fundamentalism)
Arianism: Jesus was not divine, condemned at the first apostolic council of Nicea with the trinity defined!
iconoclasts: opposed the use of images and icons, they were condemned at the second apostolic council of Nicea!
Montanism: basically a early Pentecostal movement!

Middle Ages:
albigensians: duelist sin of Manichaeism
god of good (spiritual or light) and a god of evil. (matter or darkness)

Early Protestant rebellion:
Wycliffe: predestination and the Bible alone.
hus: opposed the papacy, Bible only authority.

Protestant revolt:
Luther:
waldensians:
Huguenots:
Tyndall:
calvin:
Henry 8 and Cranmer the anglicans:
All evangelicals, Pentecostals and fundamentalists:

Protestant theology, five Solas, opposes the church founded by christ on Peter and started their own churches opposed each other in authority, some more fundamentalist. Condemned at the great apostolic council of Trent!

All heretics teaching false doctrines claiming biblical authority by the power of the Holy Spirit!

The rebellious slavery of Heretical fundamentalism begets only a thick black Spiritual Darkness! With spiritual pride, presumption, and arrogance!

heresy is treason against God and against Christ and his church and must be punished severely

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why don’t they repent of their heresy and submit to Christ and obey his church

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’ve told you before “big bird” Jesus says they remain until his return matt 28:19-20 behold I am with you (the apostles) until the end
Jesus was talking to the eleven disciples. Matthew 28:16.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus was talking to the eleven disciples. Matthew 28:16.

how are they going to teach all nations?
Which one of these 12 brought the gospel to the good ole USA for example?
There are no 1800 year old apostles!

there must be successors
And they have the authority and must be obeyed see the successors of Moses matt 23

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The church cannot persecute anyone
Or Christ would be guilty of that persecution
The church has the sacred responsibility to safeguard the truth against all errors and to safeguard the faithful from all scandals
The church only determined that these groups are teaching error and encourages the state to execute justice

Simon Magnus: the father of all heretics!
Condemned by Saint Peter!

Early church:
Gnostics: secret or hidden knowledge of salvation.
Novationism: extreme rightism (fundamentalism)
Arianism: Jesus was not divine, condemned at the first apostolic council of Nicea with the trinity defined!
iconoclasts: opposed the use of images and icons, they were condemned at the second apostolic council of Nicea!
Montanism: basically a early Pentecostal movement!

Middle Ages:
albigensians: duelist sin of Manichaeism
god of good (spiritual or light) and a god of evil. (matter or darkness)

Early Protestant rebellion:
Wycliffe: predestination and the Bible alone.
hus: opposed the papacy, Bible only authority.

Protestant revolt:
Luther:
waldensians:
Huguenots:
Tyndall:
calvin:
Henry 8 and Cranmer the anglicans:
All evangelicals, Pentecostals and fundamentalists:

Protestant theology, five Solas, opposes the church founded by christ on Peter and started their own churches opposed each other in authority, some more fundamentalist. Condemned at the great apostolic council of Trent!

All heretics teaching false doctrines claiming biblical authority by the power of the Holy Spirit!

The rebellious slavery of Heretical fundamentalism begets only a thick black Spiritual Darkness! With spiritual pride, presumption, and arrogance!

heresy is treason against God and against Christ and his church and must be punished severely
The vast majority of those groups were simply following conscience. Except for the gnostics (whose teachings the Catholic Church have to a large degree adopted) the others were following scripture. Even the Arians, we have only your church's word that Arius denied the divinity of Christ. Other Arians such as Wulfila taught the Sonship and divinity of Christ, yet denied the trinity. You don't need the trinity to believe and teach the divinity of Christ from scripture.
Those other groups, if they believed in Christ and His redemption as I see they did from their own writings and from history, shall be our companions in glory.
Their only crime was refusing to submit to papal authority. I say good on them. Praise God for them. May there be many more who follow the courageous example and worship according to conscience following God's word to the end and not the dictates of apostate men in the Vatican.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The vast majority of those groups were simply following conscience. Except for the gnostics (whose teachings the Catholic Church have to a large degree adopted) the others were following scripture. Even the Arians, we have only your church's word that Arius denied the divinity of Christ. Other Arians such as Wulfila taught the Sonship and divinity of Christ, yet denied the trinity. You don't need the trinity to believe and teach the divinity of Christ from scripture.
Those other groups, if they believed in Christ and His redemption as I see they did from their own writings and from history, shall be our companions in glory.
Their only crime was refusing to submit to papal authority. I say good on them. Praise God for them. May there be many more who follow the courageous example and worship according to conscience following God's word to the end and not the dictates of apostate men in the Vatican.

Christ is King of Glory!

Dan 2: 44 And in the days of these kings (Roman Caesars) shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed: and the kingdom shall not be left to other people, but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand for ever.

Isaiah 2:2
And it shall come to pass in the last days, that the mountain of the Lord's house shall be established in the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it.

Micah 4:1
But in the last days it shall come to pass, that the mountain of the house of the Lord shall be established in the top of the mountains, and it shall be exalted above the hills; and people shall flow unto it.

Lk 1:32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:

33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.

Matthew 6:33
But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

Matt 16:18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

Matt 21:43 Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof. (The new covenant church) Jn 15:1-5

Jesus Christ is king!

We must submit and obey the king of kings!

And In the absence of the king we must submit and obey the kings ministers!

Isa 22:21-22
Matt 16:18
Matt 18:18
Matt 28:18
Lk 10:16
Jn 13:20
Jn 20:21-23

Example Joseph under pharaoh administers the kingdom and his brother obeyed and submitted to him.

no one has the right of conscience to worship as you please but obey the first commandment of God! I am the Lord Thy God, you shall no gods before me!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[QUOTE="Backlit,

Christ the king!

The king of kings!

Christ is King of Glory!

Kingdom established by God!
Isa 2:2
Dan 2: 44
One, holy, catholic, (universal) and apostolic! And all nations and all people shall flow into it! All must submit and obey the king of glory!

Christ is the king!

Lk 1:32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:

33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.

Lk 2:10-11 all people!

But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

Matt 16:18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

Matt 21:43 Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, (old covenant Israel) and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof. (The new covenant church) Jn 15:1-5

Jesus Christ is king!

Biblical Example Joseph under pharaoh administers the kingdom and his brother obeyed and submitted to him.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christ the king!

The king of kings!

Christ is King of Glory!

One, holy, catholic, (universal) and apostolic! And all nations and all people shall flow into it! All must submit and obey the king of glory!

Christ is the king!

Matt 21:43 Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, (old covenant Israel) and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof. (The new covenant church) Jn 15:1-5

Jesus Christ is king!

Biblical Example Joseph under pharaoh administers the kingdom and his brother obeyed and submitted to him.

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
spiritual chaos and anarchy ensue from the Bible alone and you’re private judgement!!
Not necessarily.

why not actually believe what the NT says the church must teach and we must be instructed
I do believe it. You don't. You believe what your religion tells you to believe instead. Your religion is wrong. Sorry to be that blunt, but it is. Why not become a follower of Jesus Christ?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have you never read Romans 14:15?
There is only one God
One Christ
One savior
One new covenant
One church and kingdom of Jesus Christ the king

The king of kings!

Christ is King of Glory!

Christ is the king!

Jesus Christ is king!

Christ is king and a king must rule the hearts and minds of his subjects!

All are subject to christ! Matt 28:18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power (authority) is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I read it
Says nothing about right of conscience to choose you’re own religion

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I read it
Says nothing about right of conscience to choose you’re own religion
It says that each person must be convinced in his own mind. That is true regardless of the situation. Jesus didn't come to create a totalitarian state or enforce a religion by intimidation and arms.