Is the Word of God only found in scripture?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Think about this logically. Would we know what the Apostles taught apart from the Bible?
The sentence I highlighted in bold is true.
You were doing so well until you stumbled over the Bible.

An article of faith MUST be proposed by the holy church as Christ commanded!
Matt 28:19-20

He also does well until he confuses his denomination with the entirety of the body of Christ.

Reactions: CadyandZoe

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
believers are not Christians but only catechumens

Agh, catechumens. Still using your new word.

believers are not Christians but only catechumens
Faith and baptism are required to be Christian Mk 16:16

It's so funny how you frequently you invoke a verse of Scripture that does not support your claim in any way. NOTE Mark 16:16 says nothing of the requirements to be a "Christian."

Mark 16:16
New Living Translation

16 Anyone who believes and is baptized will be saved. But anyone who refuses to believe will be condemned.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
We've had over 1500 years of history to reveal to us all the effects of the union of church and state. And you still claim it's good? Seriously?
  • The history of the Frankish wars with Clovis, the "first son of the Catholic Church" (I think I got that right) at the helm.
  • The wars over hundreds of years waged against the Waldenses
  • The wars by papal Kings against the Christian schools and communities of early Britain
  • The Hussite wars
  • And I could go on and on, in fact the history books have been purged by Catholic revisionists to hide the full truth of the ghastly immoral horrendously murderous genocidal wars waged against innocent people going about their own business worshipping according to their own conscience, and I don't give a darn for your blind religious attempts to mitigate these abominable policies carried out by your co-conspirators by classing these victims of genocide as "heretics".
Oh. Look. I want going to go on and on with examples but I can't resist. Philip of Spain. His armada. Funded by Rome, ships loaded with priests and soldiers ready to invade an independent nation to murder the current pastors and scholars of Elizabethan England, depose the sovereign who no doubt would have lost her head, and by force of arms demand a political and religious submission to Rome who would proceed to gain great wealth from the taxes and coerced levies etc.
The result? God defended England by scattering most of those ships all over the north Atlantic.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I want going to go on and on with examples but I can't resist.

Agreed but no point turning this thread into another Roman Catholic bashing thread. IMO, no denomination is as far from the Spirit of God as the power hungry RCC. Half a Millenia after the Protestant Reformation and they STILL don't get it.

Their theological claim to legitimacy is specious.

Reactions: Brakelite

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Agh, catechumens. Still using your new word.

It's so funny how you frequently you invoke a verse of Scripture that does not support your claim in any way. NOTE Mark 16:16 says nothing of the requirements to be a "Christian."

Mark 16:16
New Living Translation

16 Anyone who believes and is baptized will be saved. But anyone who refuses to believe will be condemned.
Catechumen is an insulting expression similar to goyim, common, the herd. It is a popular expression used by occultists to differentiate between the insiders, those who have the secret knowledge and have been accepted into the inner circle, the 'initiates'. Those of the higher degrees such as in Freemasonry and kaballah, both of which is intricately connected to Rome. Screenshot_2021-10-01-02-27-52-69.jpg

Reactions: Wrangler

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Catechumen is an insulting expression

Of course it is an insulting expression. From Catechumen | Definition of Catechumen by Merriam-Webster
Definition of catechumen

1: a convert to Christianity receiving training in doctrine and discipline before baptism
2: one receiving instruction in the basic doctrines of Christianity before admission to communicant membership in a church

To claim practicing Christians, which we all our on this site, is a recent convert just learning the basics and not yet baptized, is an insult. Furthermore, @theefaith is in denial that we are all already members in a church. It's just not his denomination. The arrogance of this poster does not showcase the humble Spirit of God.

I've shown him this definition before to no avail.

Reactions: Brakelite

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry, but yes you are correct. @theefaith ahh his incessant block copy pasteing of catechism heresies sets me off.

The RCC now is like the Pharisees of old, except they have no political power. Their claims of authority just become more shrill every year.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We've had over 1500 years of history to reveal to us all the effects of the union of church and state. And you still claim it's good? Seriously?
  • The history of the Frankish wars with Clovis, the "first son of the Catholic Church" (I think I got that right) at the helm.
  • The wars over hundreds of years waged against the Waldenses
  • The wars by papal Kings against the Christian schools and communities of early Britain
  • The Hussite wars
  • And I could go on and on, in fact the history books have been purged by Catholic revisionists to hide the full truth of the ghastly immoral horrendously murderous genocidal wars waged against innocent people going about their own business worshipping according to their own conscience, and I don't give a darn for your blind religious attempts to mitigate these abominable policies carried out by your co-conspirators by classing these victims of genocide as "heretics".
Heresy is treason against God

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where did Jesus teach it was the church's responsibility to ensure the state in moral?
The union of church and state throughout history and demonstrated that immoral Popes and prelates continued in their sin with impunity.
Aka the black legend of the Protestants

Matt 28:19 teach all nations

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course it is an insulting expression. From Catechumen | Definition of Catechumen by Merriam-Webster
Definition of catechumen

1: a convert to Christianity receiving training in doctrine and discipline before baptism
2: one receiving instruction in the basic doctrines of Christianity before admission to communicant membership in a church

To claim practicing Christians, which we all our on this site, is a recent convert just learning the basics and not yet baptized, is an insult. Furthermore, @theefaith is in denial that we are all already members in a church. It's just not his denomination. The arrogance of this poster does not showcase the humble Spirit of God.

I've shown him this definition before to no avail.

I did not intend that meaning sorry
I only use as a person who is being instructed in the faith, and a believer but one not yet a Christian by baptism

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where did Jesus teach it was the church's responsibility to ensure the state in moral?
The union of church and state throughout history and demonstrated that immoral Popes and prelates continued in their sin with impunity.

For you well know, venerable brethren, that at this time men are found not a few who, applying to civil society the impious and absurd principle of “naturalism,” as they call it, dare to teach that “the best constitution of public society and (also) civil progress altogether require that human society be conducted and governed without regard being had to religion any more than if it did not exist; or, at least, without any distinction being made between the true religion and false ones.” And, against the doctrine of Scripture, of the Church, and of the Holy Fathers, they do not hesitate to assert that “that is the best condition of civil society, in which no duty is recognized, as attached to the civil power, of restraining by enacted penalties, offenders against the Catholic religion, except so far as public peace may require.” From which totally false idea of social government they do not fear to foster that erroneous opinion, most fatal in its effects on the Catholic Church and the salvation of souls, called by Our Predecessor, Gregory XVI, an “insanity,”2 viz., that “liberty of conscience and worship is each man’s personal right, which ought to be legally proclaimed and asserted in every rightly constituted society; and that a right resides in the citizens to an absolute liberty, which should be restrained by no authority whether ecclesiastical or civil, whereby they may be able openly and publicly to manifest and declare any of their ideas whatever, either by word of mouth, by the press, or in any other way.” But, while they rashly affirm this, they do not think and consider that they are preaching “liberty of perdition;”3 and that “if human arguments are always allowed free room for discussion, there will never be wanting men who will dare to resist truth, and to trust in the flowing speech of human wisdom; whereas we know, from the very teaching of our Lord Jesus Christ, how carefully Christian faith and wisdom should avoid this most injurious babbling.”4

from encyclical quanta cura Pius 9

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
For you well know, venerable brethren, that at this time men are found not a few who, applying to civil society the impious and absurd principle of “naturalism,” as they call it, dare to teach that “the best constitution of public society and (also) civil progress altogether require that human society be conducted and governed without regard being had to religion any more than if it did not exist; or, at least, without any distinction being made between the true religion and false ones.” And, against the doctrine of Scripture, of the Church, and of the Holy Fathers, they do not hesitate to assert that “that is the best condition of civil society, in which no duty is recognized, as attached to the civil power, of restraining by enacted penalties, offenders against the Catholic religion, except so far as public peace may require.” From which totally false idea of social government they do not fear to foster that erroneous opinion, most fatal in its effects on the Catholic Church and the salvation of souls, called by Our Predecessor, Gregory XVI, an “insanity,”2 viz., that “liberty of conscience and worship is each man’s personal right, which ought to be legally proclaimed and asserted in every rightly constituted society; and that a right resides in the citizens to an absolute liberty, which should be restrained by no authority whether ecclesiastical or civil, whereby they may be able openly and publicly to manifest and declare any of their ideas whatever, either by word of mouth, by the press, or in any other way.” But, while they rashly affirm this, they do not think and consider that they are preaching “liberty of perdition;”3 and that “if human arguments are always allowed free room for discussion, there will never be wanting men who will dare to resist truth, and to trust in the flowing speech of human wisdom; whereas we know, from the very teaching of our Lord Jesus Christ, how carefully Christian faith and wisdom should avoid this most injurious babbling.”4

from encyclical quanta cura Pius 9
The very fact that you posted the above, and that you would agree with it, informs us all that you are the scariest individual on this forum. It is precisely persons such as yourself who found their greatest happiness in watching soldiery ripping open the wombs of mother's with their swords and bouncing those babies upon their spear tips simply because they were, in the eyes of the Pope and his agents, 'heretics'.
Jesus didn't die in order for you to remove free will and worship according to conscience from the mind of others.
Did anyone else here understand the depth of depravity theefaith is discussing and advocating here? Do you still believe Catholicism had changed from the dark ages? Do you think the Vatican opposed the constitution of the US because she loves liberty of conscience?

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The very fact that you posted the above, and that you would agree with it, informs us all that you are the scariest individual on this forum. It is precisely persons such as yourself who found their greatest happiness in watching soldiery ripping open the wombs of mother's with their swords and bouncing those babies upon their spear tips simply because they were, in the eyes of the Pope and his agents, 'heretics'.
Jesus didn't die in order for you to remove free will and worship according to conscience from the mind of others.
Did anyone else here understand the depth of depravity theefaith is discussing and advocating here? Do you still believe Catholicism had changed from the dark ages? Do you think the Vatican opposed the constitution of the US because she loves liberty of conscience?
How is it that oppression needs to cloth itself in the garb of sanctity if not to deceive?
History, for all familiar with it tells us who the culprits are. Arrogance boasts 'I sit as Queen and will never be a widow ' and even the masses proclaim 'who is like unto the beast, who can make war with it' ......yet as we know, the babbling will unravel and be blown as dust before the wind.

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
An article of faith MUST be proposed by the holy church as Christ commanded!
Matt 28:19-20
Negative. The man you hold to be the first pope says this, ". . . it is necessary that of the men who have accompanied us all the time that the Lord Jesus went in and out among us— beginning with the baptism of John until the day that He was taken up from us—one of these must become a witness with us of His resurrection.” No one today can make that claim.

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He also does well until he confuses his denomination with the entirety of the body of Christ.
Yes, I have noticed. When the darkness descends, the city of light shines brighter. May you continue to be a source of light. In other words, keep up the good work. We must persevere. :)

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
How is it that oppression needs to cloth itself in the garb of sanctity if not to deceive?
History, for all familiar with it tells us who the culprits are. Arrogance boasts 'I sit as Queen and will never be a widow ' and even the masses proclaim 'who is like unto the beast, who can make war with it' ......yet as we know, the babbling will unravel and be blown as dust before the wind.
When @theefaith can answer the question, why did God not destroy Lucifer the moment he rebelled in heaven?, Then he will understand why the church, all tyrannical churches using coercion to enforce submission, are demonstrating the character of the dragon.