Is there a higher walk for believers in Christ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The blood of Jesus is the life of Jesus. We enter into heaven NOW by entering into Jesus and partaking of His life (blood) NOW . A dead religion is based on shed blood. A dead religion points to the cross. A living faith is crucified with Christ.
The blood of Jesus is the life of Jesus. We enter into heaven NOW by entering into Jesus and partaking of His life (blood) NOW . A dead religion is based on shed blood. A dead religion points to the cross. A living faith is crucified with Christ.
The blood of Jesus is what reconciled us back to God.

No blood shed by Jesus....we would all still be in darkness and sin.

The death and resurrection of Jesus...was needed in order to be reconciled back to God.

rebuilder 454

Jul 15, 2023
robstown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Peter warned us of the many who would misunderstand Paul and twist his words to their own destruction. And what's apparent is that without the fear of the Lord, that's just what they will do. No warning will suffice for these.
Ok, but specifically what are you pointing to?

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Exactly.
One remedy according to God.
Crucify the flesh.
Paul said he picks up his cross daily.
When absent from the Lord...Paul picked up his cross daily. Otherwise he would not be a disciple of Christ.

But Paul also says this...I am crucified with Christ...it is no longer I, but Christ. So then on that level (being present with the Lord in Zion) he is no longer burdened with his own cross. Instead the cross of Christ is bearing him. Jesus said His burden is light. We are walking in His strength on that level.

A paint by numbers diagram may be required to show how the Christian walk is dynamic...not always the same thing. But whether present with the Lord or absent, we should do all to be accepted by the Lord.

Last edited:

rebuilder 454

Jul 15, 2023
robstown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The blood of Jesus is what reconciled us back to God.

No blood shed by Jesus....we would all still be in darkness and sin.

The death and resurrection of Jesus...was needed in order to be reconciled back to God.
It is disarming to fully appreciate the sacrifice of the Lamb of God.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
It is disarming to fully appreciate the sacrifice of the Lamb of God.
Amen!...We have the Holy Spirit witnessing with our spirit, that Jesus died a terrible , horrific death...that really upsets our spirit....well, it does mine and am often in tears over it...that’s the sensitivity of the Spirit in us I believe.

Reactions: rebuilder 454

rebuilder 454

Jul 15, 2023
robstown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When absent from the Lord...Paul picked up his cross daily. Otherwise he would not be a disciple of Christ.

But Paul also says this...I am crucified with Christ...it is no longer I, but Christ. So then on that level (being present with the Lord in Zion) he is no longer burdened with his own cross. Instead the cross of Christ is bearing him.

A paint by numbers diagram may be required to show how the Christian walk is dynamic...not always the same thing. But whether present with the Lord or absent, we should do all to be accepted by the Lord.
He was never absent from the Lord.
He understood what to do with his ever present flesh and old nature.

rebuilder 454

Jul 15, 2023
robstown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

But Paul also says this...I am crucified with Christ...it is no longer I, but Christ. So then on that level (being present with the Lord in Zion) he is no longer burdened with his own cross. Instead the cross of Christ is bearing him.

You are close in a few things, but you need to modify others that you do not understand

Reactions: Ritajanice

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have to understand we are 3 parts.
Spirit
Soul
Body.
That is our starting place.
It is your spirit that is indwelt by God.
We are born again in our spirit.
We talk to God in our spirit. He speaks to us in our spirit.
The mind is the soul.
The battle is in the mind.
If what you believe is true, then there is no opportunity of temptation.
You need to incorporate that into your position.
If we have no old nature, there is no chance of allurement away from the groom.

Amen!

Yes…body…blood LIFE
Yes…soul….Gods Breath LIFE
Yes…spirit…Truth in our Hearts.

Naturally of Bodily LIFE…Blood…becomes tainted, and all that is within our body negatively affected…
* Struggles between Mind & Heart being on same page….(called a plethora of mental illnesses).
* Struggles with diseases.
* Struggles with which Spirit captures our attention.

God Offers a solution…
* acquiesce ones blood life unto death FOR the Lords ability and promise to Re-MAKE.
* acquiesce Gods SOUL (life within us) FOR the Lords ability and promise to Re-STORE and Keep it’s Life.
* acquiesce ones natural spirit (truth in their heart) unto Gods circumcision, cutting off the old, and accepting a new truth…Gods Truth.

Body, Soul, Spirit….of a man, willingly given to Gods control, authority, and ability via His offering and Power…to forever Keep you ALIVE and most importantly WITH the Lord God Almighty Forever.

Praise, Blessings and Glory to our Great Lord God Almighty,

Taken

Reactions: rebuilder 454

rebuilder 454

Jul 15, 2023
robstown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The correct position and the prism we must look through is the bride/groom dynamic.
The obsession with the groom.
A single eye for our beloved and worshipped groom.
We look to him and can be tempted away if we go "shopping" for another.
But no, we reject all comers to tempt us.
We determine we are His and belong to him and love Him only.

...and if we do find satisfaction in another, we are stricken by the Holy Spirit and it breaks our heart.

We are the wife gone awhoring, vividly illustrated in the OT.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The correct position and the prism we must look through is the bride/groom dynamic.
The obsession with the groom.
A single eye for our beloved and worshipped groom.
We look to him and can be tempted away if we go "shopping" for another.
But no, we reject all comers to tempt us.
We determine we are His and belong to him and love Him only.

...and if we do find satisfaction in another, we are stricken by the Holy Spirit and it breaks our heart.

We are the wife gone awhoring, vividly illustrated in the OT.

Yep!

Paying attention to WHY, rules, laws, commands for manKIND…
All practice, prepping, between and among manKIND….for an exclusive one on one relationship with the Lord God…

An exclusive marriage, one to one, once and forever….Warning…be diligent, be sure…it is FOREVER.

2 Pet 1:
[10] Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall

Glory to God,
Taken

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To my understanding the imagery/allegories of scripture need to be taken as God intended, not literally, or necessarily in a linear way, but as spiritual language, which can be multi-dimensional so to speak. We are married to Him, because as believers we have received His seed in us. That is what marriage is, the two becoming one. And having His seed in us spiritually means we are pregnant. Our task now is to grow/gestate that seed and give birth to the Son (in us) as it were. (Mary being a type/shadow/allegory of the church.) Spirit giving birth to spirit. And every time we are in the spirit or God does something in or through us, we are in fact giving birth to Him. AKA manifesting Christ. And this can at different times be in a less deep/high or more deep/high way. Though in an overall way we are on or should be on, a growth trajectory. Sometimes the Lord may do something utterly amazing, and sometimes He may do things that are wonderful but not as deep/high. Sometimes He may not be doing much at all that can be seen on a given day...just like life......there is a time/season to everything under heaven. I don't see this as being a one and done linear one-dimensional thing. And I wonder if our growth is not the only factor, surely His will plays a part too. Think I've mentioned this as an example before, but even though Paul was taken up to the third heaven, God didn't keep him there at that time.
Indeed. The woman is saved in childbearing if she remains sober in faith hope etc,.,

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
6 And he believed in the Lord, and He accounted it to him for righteousness.

Which means in Gods eyes he was seen as righteous even though in reality he was not righteous.. The legal term is called justified.
Those who BELIEVE JESUS , BELIEVE IN JESUS CHRIST , are indeed made righteous .
TRUTH is , THERE IS NO OTHER WAY TO BE MADE THE RIGHTEOUSNESS OF GOD .
So my question is why do so many rather want to believe in this inclusive love song which states
IF ye have love it dont matter what or WHO you beleived in ..........
I smell death all over that lie .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Exactly.
One remedy according to God.
Crucify the flesh.
Paul said he picks up his cross daily.
crucify the flesh , aka put to death the deeds of the flesh .
As we know sin cometh of the lusts of the flesh .
Thus does one really know CHRIST if they are living up the lusts of the flesh , even justifying sins
even calling some sins love . NOPE .
Because what are we , WHO BELIEVE on CHRIST JESUS , SEALED with . THE HOLY SPIRIT .
And believe me the HOLY SPIRIT does convict us of sin , when even a contrary thought arises from our flesh .
SO WHERE is their convinction . Remember what paul once said . IF we have the SPIRIT then the body is dead
because of sin . WE WOULD indeed by the power and unction of the SPIRIT be picking up that cross daily and fighting
the good fight . Just a friendly reminder to all . THE SPIRIT testifies OF JESUS CHRIST
and not budda and good works or muhammed and good works or any other name and good works .
And the SPIRIT is not the ministir of sin either .
Lets remember that the next time some one stands and says , LETS SEE what we have in common with muslims
and other religoins or lets hold up a rainbow for love . CAUSE NONE OF THAT COMETH OF GOD .

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
lester roloff. Said some interesting things.
"Religion is man building a ladder to heaven "
"Christianity is God extending a ladder to earth,"

"Religion is DO"
"Christianity is DONE"

Seve Hill said;
"Religion is hanging around the cross, christianity is getting on the cross"
The pharisee pumped his chest. thanking God he was not like the sinner

The tax collector fell on his face. Unable to even look up to God crying out for his mercy.

• Love
Reactions: amigo de christo

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think we can still be led by our feelings and emotions without even realising it, which is the old mindset
..it never wants to go away does it.
Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths. – Proverbs 3:5-6

I trust in God to keep me on the narrow path...I received a word from him a few minutes ago from a friend....do not be led by your emotions you are led by the Spirit....that is the word God wanted me to receive and I received it therefore why should I worry about what tomorrow may bring.

I’m a simple person....and Gods word is simple to understand once “ HE” brings you to his truth....and only God can bring you to his truth....man/ woman cannot.

We follow God and not the doctrine of men/ woman....not referring to you Epi....just my thoughts....
YES , THE DIRE IMPORTANCE TRULY IS , that one be NOT DECIEVED .
That which is of anti christ has been since the days of even john the apostle .
Thus its far more important to know what john was speaking of as being OF ANTI CHRIST .
HE WHO DENIES JESUS IS THE CHRIST , IS ANTICHRIST .
And yet most folks keep looking around , and yet THEY ARE headed right under
and into that WHICH IS OF ANTI CHRIST , by means of INTERFAITH COEXISTS , FALSE LOVE FALSE UNITY COMMON GROUND .
I challenge all to go look at what the most staunch interfaith inclusive churches now teach and believe .
THEY BELIEVE GOD IS FINE WITH ALL RELIGOINS , NO NEED TO BELIEVE JESUS IS THE CHRIST , just do good works and have love .
This , THIS RIGHT HERE is of anti christ ALREADY .

Status
Not open for further replies.