Is there a higher walk for believers in Christ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why is it that some people simply will not answer such a question? I don't understand that, unless you are experience a cognitive dissonance, and don't know how to answer?

Some teach that Christians still commit sins, and some teach they don't. Some teach they only commit certain kinds of sins, and some teach that unless they can cease from all sin, they will cease from being a Christian. Some teach that Christians may do "works of the flesh", but that as there is no law these are not sin. And I've heard different ideas still.

I've found there are some who simply will not give a direct answer regarding their stance, while they do imply various things in their statments.

I've found questioners who are simply looking for clarity from those whom they question.

My 2 cents.

Much love!
There's about 10 or 12 guys coming at me besides you asking me to prove I'm perfect. The Bible is not about me or if I can be a good Christian. It's about the resurrected Christ and he says he put an end to sin for the Christian.

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Interestingly Paul states in Hebrews that they entered in through his flesh

By a new and living way, which he hath consecrated for us, through the veil, that is to say, his flesh;
— Hebrews 10:20
I don't see our flesh. I see the flesh of Jesus in Hebrews 10:20

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't see our flesh. I see the flesh of Jesus in Hebrews 10:20
Precisely, most will contend that a literal curtain in a stone building was rent. Paul is clearly stating the vail rent was the flesh of the temple Christ.

It’s the way in.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you believe being born of God and salvation are the same thing?
We cannot be saved unless we are born again of the Spirit of Christ. Then comes ABIDING IN CHRIST. It is only those who stop abiding in Christ that can lose their place on the road to salvation which is at the end of our life. We should check our status periodically. For instance, I know I am bound for heaven at the status I am right now at 76 and see that my prayers are still being answered. 1 John 3:21-22. " Beloved, if our heart does not condemn us, we have confidence toward God. 22 And whatever we ask we receive from Him, because we keep His commandments and do those things that are pleasing in His sight."

Just the thought of keeping the commandments of God through doing everything my conscience tells me to do, and not do everything it forbids will make some denominations scream "HERETIC" - SALVATION BY WORKS. If they want to do the opposite they are letting their flesh rule them all the way into the lake of fire.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Um . . . I'm relooking at this . . . perhaps you have the wrong post in your reply?

Much love!
I have the wrong post? I know the two between Behold and me. I suspect you have the wrong post. LOL

Last edited:

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We cannot be saved unless we are born again of the Spirit of Christ. Then comes ABIDING IN CHRIST. It is only those who stop abiding in Christ that can lose their place on the road to salvation which is at the end of our life. We should check our status periodically. For instance, I know I am bound for heaven at the status I am right now at 76 and see that my prayers are still being answered. 1 John 3:21-22. " Beloved, if our heart does not condemn us, we have confidence toward God. 22 And whatever we ask we receive from Him, because we keep His commandments and do those things that are pleasing in His sight."

Just the thought of keeping the commandments of God through doing everything my conscience tells me to do, and not do everything it forbids will make some denominations scream "HERETIC" - SALVATION BY WORKS. If they want to do the opposite they are letting their flesh rule them all the way into the lake of fire.
Okay so just for clarity, what are these commandments your referencing?

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay so just for clarity, what are these commandments your referencing?
More and deeper than the original Ten Commandments of the Old Covenant which doesn't even mention anything about the coming Messiah.

1 John 3:
23 And this is His commandment: that we should believe on the name of His Son Jesus Christ and love one another, as He gave us commandment.
24 Now he who keeps His commandments abides in Him, and He in him. And by this we know that He abides in us, by the Spirit whom He has given us.

I also keep the commandments against remarriage.

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are not paying attention.
What "he" teaches is that "doing righteousness" is righteousness.
And that is not God's Righteousness.
Which you also dont understand as if you did you would understand exactly the problem with his theology.
Your theology does not account for Ephesians 2:10.... it neglects it all together. How do you know you are not the one missing something and guiding others into error? Perhaps a little time in the Word of God might help you, with a humble heart listening to the teaching of the Holy Ghost.... Try it you might learn something.

Jesus Is the LORD (1 Corinthians 12:3)

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Precisely, most will contend that a literal curtain in a stone building was rent. Paul is clearly stating the vail rent was the flesh of the temple Christ.

It’s the way in.
We are not on the sane page. When I use the the word "flesh" I'm referring to those who do not have the spirit of God which is the same way the New Testament refers to it. You are talking about something else.

Hepzibah

Aug 13, 2012
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I've found there are some who simply will not give a direct answer regarding their stance, while they do imply various things in their statments.

I've found questioners who are simply looking for clarity from those whom they question.
Yes exactly. It just shows a lack of honesty and integrity in discussion.

Reactions: marks

rebuilder 454

Jul 15, 2023
robstown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The words “HOLY SPIRIT” in the Bible are primarily used in two very different ways: One way is to refer to God Himself and the other is referring to God’s nature that He gives to people. God is holy and is spirit and therefore “the Holy Spirit” with a capital “H” and a capital “S” is one of the many “names” or designations for God. God gives His holy spirit nature to people as a gift and when HOLY SPIRIT is used that way it should be translated as the “holy spirit” with a lowercase “h” and a lowercase “s.” The Bible says there is one God, and one Lord, who is the man Jesus Christ; and one gift of the holy spirit. Most Christians are aware that the original manuscripts of the Bible were written in Hebrew, Aramaic, and Greek. However, it's not well known that Hebrew and Aramaic do not have upper-case and lower-case letters, but rather they just have one form for their letters.

Greek does have upper and lower-case letters, but the early Greek manuscripts were all written with only upper-case letters. Therefore, the early manuscripts had no such thing as the “Holy Spirit” or the “holy spirit” because what was always written was the "HOLY SPIRIT." The capital or lower-case letters are always a translator’s interpretation whenever we read “Holy Spirit” or “holy spirit” or “Spirit” or “spirit” in the English Bible. The difference is usually due to the theology of the translator. The bottom line is we cannot know from the Hebrew or Greek texts whether the Author meant the “Holy Spirit” or the “holy spirit” because we must decide based on the context and scope of Scripture whether the reference being made is to God or God’s gift.
Baloney big time. What a stretch

Reactions: Ritajanice

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do not believe John was talking to the Christian in the verse that you mention. A belief system called Gnosticism was taking root in Christianity at the time the book of John was being written that taught there was a supreme and unknowable Being, which they designated as the "Monad." The Monad produced various gods, who in turn produced other gods, and one of these gods called the "Demiurge" created the earth and then ruled over it as an angry, evil and jealous god. Gnostics believe this evil god was the god of the Old Testament who is called "Elohim" and so the Monad had to send another god known as the "Christ" to bring special knowledge to mankind and free them from the influence of the evil Elohim. And this is why the gnostics do not seek salvation from repenting of their sin (but rather from the ignorance of which sin is a consequence) that they believe the evil creator God and his angels caused. They emphasize salvation of select humans from bodily existence through their awakening to the knowledge of their original divine identity. I believe the Apostle John had them on his mind when he wrote the Epistle of 1 John saying you must realize you have sin and repent. John was not talking to the already saved Christian as the Catholics would like you to believe.
John was talking to everyone he wrote to. Which included people who had many beliefs,

He said if we say we have no sin we decieve ourselves. period. He included himself in the sentence.

To say he was talking to gnostics is to say he was calling himself a gnostic.

rebuilder 454

Jul 15, 2023
robstown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then please prove it by using scripture...thanks.

Gods Living word...I was Born Again of imperishable/ incorruptible seed...which liveth and abideth forever in our heart/ spirit.
yes
And you know it.
The enemy uses people to tell you you are no born again.
When we witness to the lost, we GIVE THEM what they NEED.
They need Jesus. We give them Jesus.
No magic words. But rather a savior.
I attend a men's Bible class three times a week. They are all Baptist and I am a charismatic believer. These guys are so shallow that they do not understand simple salvation. It is super frustrating giving them the truth over and over and over and it goes right over their heads. There's one guy that's a hyper Pauline that disrupts our class almost every time. That Doctrine has the Bible above the person of God. They actually think the Bible is God. I've held up my Bible in that class and told them God Is Bigger Than his book. But then I realize I am dealing with people that are not intimate with their God. And so those that are intimate with their God will never be on the same page as the people with the magic words, and they think that is salvation.
they think the magic words are salvation

• Love
Reactions: Ritajanice

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
yes
And you know it.
The enemy uses people to tell you you are no born again.
When we witness to the lost, we GIVE THEM what they NEED.
They need Jesus. We give them Jesus.
No magic words. But rather a savior.
I attend a men's Bible class three times a week. They are all Baptist and I am a charismatic believer. These guys are so shallow that they do not understand simple salvation. It is super frustrating giving them the truth over and over and over and it goes right over their heads. There's one guy that's a hyper Pauline that disrupts our class almost every time. That Doctrine has the Bible above the person of God. They actually think the Bible is God. I've held up my Bible in that class and told them God Is Bigger Than his book. But then I realize I am dealing with people that are not intimate with their God. And so those that are intimate with their God will never be on the same page as the people with the magic words, and they think that is salvation.
they think the magic words are salvation
Excellent summary, Brother, I too am charismatic......oh boy do we know we have been Born Again of imperishable seed...Praise God for that!!

Yes , agreed, being Born of the Spirit is so very easy to understand ....we have that special intimacy with God....I can’t get enough of him...

I’m not saying I’m not in error at times I know I am.

Yet, no one could never take away that I am Born Again of imperishable seed....as his word lives and abideth forever in our hearts.

You’ve actually helped me understand now, where others are coming from....I appreciate that and of course Praise God for that understanding.

rebuilder 454

Jul 15, 2023
robstown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The jailer.;" What must I do to be saved?".
Word of God; "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved and all of your household".
Baptist legalist ; " you must believe in the death burial and Resurrection."
On one instance words save.
In the other , Jesus inhabits, and therefore they are saved.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There's about 10 or 12 guys coming at me besides you asking me to prove I'm perfect. The Bible is not about me or if I can be a good Christian. It's about the resurrected Christ and he says he put an end to sin for the Christian.
Make it 13 now.

Just kidding. :)

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The jailer.;" What must I do to be saved?".
Word of God; "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved and all of your household".
Baptist legalist ; " you must believe in the death burial and Resurrection."
On one instance words save.
In the other , Jesus inhabits, and therefore they are saved.
I think they both mean the same thing.

A legalist says we must live up to some standard or do special works. or we are not saved..

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The words “HOLY SPIRIT” in the Bible are primarily used in two very different ways: One way is to refer to God Himself and the other is referring to God’s nature that He gives to people. God is holy and is spirit and therefore “the Holy Spirit” with a capital “H” and a capital “S” is one of the many “names” or designations for God. God gives His holy spirit nature to people as a gift and when HOLY SPIRIT is used that way it should be translated as the “holy spirit” with a lowercase “h” and a lowercase “s.” The Bible says there is one God, and one Lord, who is the man Jesus Christ; and one gift of the holy spirit. Most Christians are aware that the original manuscripts of the Bible were written in Hebrew, Aramaic, and Greek. However, it's not well known that Hebrew and Aramaic do not have upper-case and lower-case letters, but rather they just have one form for their letters.

Greek does have upper and lower-case letters, but the early Greek manuscripts were all written with only upper-case letters. Therefore, the early manuscripts had no such thing as the “Holy Spirit” or the “holy spirit” because what was always written was the "HOLY SPIRIT." The capital or lower-case letters are always a translator’s interpretation whenever we read “Holy Spirit” or “holy spirit” or “Spirit” or “spirit” in the English Bible. The difference is usually due to the theology of the translator. The bottom line is we cannot know from the Hebrew or Greek texts whether the Author meant the “Holy Spirit” or the “holy spirit” because we must decide based on the context and scope of Scripture whether the reference being made is to God or God’s gift.
This is so. The Jews never would have dreamed to make God's Spirit into a separate person than Himself. As Paul says...is the spirit of a man different from a man?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.