Is there an importance to be founded when it comes to being humble, lowly?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
People love and enjoy flattery, don't they? It feeds the flesh. How can one tell what is from the spirit and what is coming from the flesh?

Here is how you can tell.

If you do it because you love God and dont care if you get paid or get any credit, till you die.

The last shall be first in the KOG.

Think on this reader.

God gives His Salvation to the sinners, but He gives his heavenly power to the nothings.

Being a nothing does not mean being of no consequence... it means that the person has no faith in SELF.

"devout" means "fully yielded".

When Paul teaches us that he has no confidence in the flesh... its because He is fully confident in the LORD.
'
When Paul teaches us that "it is not i who LIVES"... yet he writing it, while he's alive and living.. He is showing us that he has stopped his EGO, and left his Self righteousness, and become an empty vessel, a yielded life...

Last edited:

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Perhaps the first step is to understand not all people want what's best for us.

Estey, maybe that is true. Something earlier reminded me of what Jesus said to his chosen disciples when he sent them out. "Be shrewd as snakes, but as wise as doves," which to me would be very cautious, and quick to notice.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here is how you can tell.

If you do it because you love God and dont care if you get paid or get any credit, till you die.

The last shall be first in the KOG.

Oh, okay. Welcome behold.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Estey, maybe that is true. Something earlier reminded me of what Jesus said to his chosen disciples when he sent them out. "Be shrewd as snakes, but as wise as doves," which to me would be very cautious, and quick to notice.
Maybe that is true?

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Humility in Hebrew is synonymous with miserable...and the Hebrew word for Egypt.

Humility isn't self depreciating humor or claims.
It's also not pride.

But an accurate assessment of your skills and abilities and their value.

IE: you see something needing to be done and then take a leadership role in doing it because there is no one else available to do it as well as you can.

Reactions: dev553344

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Humility in Hebrew

The word is Anavah

Its means " meek".

"the meek shall inherit the earth"

"esteem others as more important then you"

"servant's heart"

""rather let it be the hidden person of the heart, with the incorruptible beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is very precious in the sight of God. ""

"Like a SHEEP.... Jesus was led to the Slaughter"

Last edited:

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Humility in Hebrew is synonymous with miserable...and the Hebrew word for Egypt.

Humility isn't self depreciating humor or claims.
It's also not pride.

But an accurate assessment of your skills and abilities and their value.

IE: you see something needing to be done and then take a leadership role in doing it because there is no one else available to do it as well as you can.

What about base, on a baseball field?

• Haha
Reactions: JohnDB

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Perhaps, so. Someone could pretend to be your friend, only to stab you in the back.
We've had this argument before, but I can't help myself:

The Bible teaches us that Satan rules the world (1 John 5:19), which would lead me to believe that there are a lot of people out their who want to trick me into doing things I shouldn't do. If I remember correctly, you don't believe that Satan rules this world.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We've had this argument before, but I can't help myself:

The Bible teaches us that Satan rules the world (1 John 5:19), which would lead me to believe that there are a lot of people out their who want to trick me into doing things I shouldn't do. If I remember correctly, you don't believe that Satan rules this world.

Estey, it is a subjective belief to me that Satan has been defeated. However, paradoxically people as you suggest can try to undermine you and trick you into doing things you shouldn't do sure, even your own mind can do that with thoughts and temptations when it comes through - either you partake in that or you cast down those thoughts and abide in Christ and not give into the temptation to sin at that moment. I will also say, that because of Satan and his defeat which is believed by me to be done now today. People still wander around as living dead, with darkness inside of them. While people may try to do good things, they still suffer within themselves to find peace and contentment which they try to fill with the world itself, rather than the living God, and the one whom he had sent in order that light may come into the darkness, and start to be pushed out and the heart and the mind are renewed by the spirit as they continue to hear the good things, and promises concerning the Lord Yeshua, which are promises that are coming from God.

Reminds me of, the conversation between Jesus and Nicodemous who came to Jesus at night (to not be seen by others.)

Screenshot 2023-09-24 at 4.12.47 PM.png

Jesus doesn't say people loved Satan more than the light. He says that people loved darkness more than the light.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Estey, it is a subjective belief to me that Satan has been defeated. However, paradoxically people as you suggest can try to undermine you and trick you into doing things you shouldn't do sure, even your own mind can do that with thoughts and temptations when it comes through - either you partake in that or you cast down those thoughts and abide in Christ and not give into the temptation to sin at that moment. I will also say, that because of Satan and his defeat which is believed by me to be done now today. People still wander around as living dead, with darkness inside of them. While people may try to do good things, they still suffer within themselves to find peace and contentment which they try to fill with the world itself, rather than the living God, and the one whom he had sent in order that light may come into the darkness, and start to be pushed out and the heart and the mind are renewed by the spirit as they continue to hear the good things, and promises concerning the Lord Yeshua, which are promises that are coming from God.

Reminds me of, the conversation between Jesus and Nicodemous who came to Jesus at night (to not be seen by others.)

View attachment 36617

Jesus doesn't say people loved Satan more than the light. He says that people loved darkness more than the light.
Subjective belief? Jesus himself said he does not rule this world. Was he mistaken?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Subjective belief? Jesus himself said he does not rule this world. Was he mistaken?
What is it you seek, Estey? It is pointless to argue over disputes like this, because the Revelation that was given to John, explains the devils defeat friend, whether or not you believe that is up to you. Darkness is most certainly relative to this world today, and so is the wrestling with spiritual darkness. Also our own thoughts and thinking from our own mind as well, can lead us to sin, and even hate or not let someone be free to choose for themselves that caused ill to them which is not love. If you believe it is still yet, for the devils defeat, I will freely allow you the benefit to believe what you will as its not between you and me: it is between you and God, which for me to be lowly, and humble before you.

I have a friend who differs with me, and we still talk to each other, even so.

Last edited:

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And so it begins ;) Let the humble and lowly show themselves. And the proud also.

I tell you it is humiliating for me to be disabled and seek help, especially when people say you're just being crazy, like doctors sometimes do. Or people that make statements about disabled people that they are just bums feeding off your tax dollars. Perhaps dating also renders this type of humility, being denied by the females ;)

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is it you seek, Estey? It is pointless to argue over disputes like this, because the Revelation that was given to John, explains the devils defeat friend, whether or not you believe that is up to you. Darkness is most certainly relative to this world today, and so is the wrestling with spiritual darkness. Also our own thoughts and thinking from our own mind as well, can lead us to sin, and even hate or not let someone be free to choose for themselves that caused ill to them which is not love. If you believe it is still yet, for the devils defeat, I will freely allow you the benefit to believe what you will as its not between you and me: it is between you and God, which for me to be lowly, and humble before you.

I have a friend who differs with me, and we still talk to each other, even so.
What is there to seek? Jesus shows us the way.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And so it begins ;) Let the humble and lowly show themselves. And the proud also.

I tell you it is humiliating for me to be disabled and seek help, especially when people say you're just being crazy, like doctors sometimes do. Or people that make statements about disabled people that they are just bums feeding off your tax dollars. Perhaps dating also renders this type of humility, being denied by the females ;)
Devin, may the grace of God be sufficent enough for you as you go about the rest of your life looking to serve Him. While this body deteroiates there is a benefit from having peace spiritually with God, by faith my friend. It does no good to look down on others, and my own self is guilty when my flesh and the sin in it comes back alive; when it is for us to be dead to it. Living a base life is difficult but it if it for Jesus the suffering at the present time will not mean so much as the glory which is awaiting for those who put Yahava first in all things and above themselves and their families which in turn allows us to love our neighbor as our self.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Devin, may the grace of God be sufficent enough for you as you go about the rest of your life looking to serve Him. While this body deteroiates there is a benefit from having peace spiritually with God, by faith my friend. It does no good to look down on others, and my own self is guilty when my flesh and the sin in it comes back alive; when it is for us to be dead to it. Living a base life is difficult but it if it for Jesus the suffering at the present time will not mean so much as the glory which is awaiting for those who put Yahava first in all things and above themselves and their families which in turn allows us to love our neighbor as our self.
There is a time to not speak, and a time to speak up for yourself and others. I don't really care too much for the pride talk and the humility talk, I get enough of that from life. I'll just live my life and sometimes speak up for the truth, and other times exit the conversation. And I get quite enough of that from family.

God knows there is a time to speak and a time to not speak. Let him guide us, then perhaps we will be proper instruments in God's hands.

With the proud about the only thing you can do is be quiet and stay a good example while praying for them. They will always counter what you say because they know it better than you do. With the humble a good conversation can be had.

And watch out for trollers on forums. I've noticed quite a few of them lately. Most I just put on ignore as they aren't here to have an honest and truthful discussion.

Reactions: MatthewG

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is a time to not speak, and a time to speak up for yourself and others. I don't really care too much for the pride talk and the humility talk, I get enough of that from life. I'll just live my life and sometimes speak up for the truth, and other times exit the conversation. And I get quite enough of that from family.

God knows there is a time to speak and a time to not speak. Let him guide us, then perhaps we will be proper instruments in God's hands.

With the proud about the only thing you can do is be quiet and stay a good example while praying for them. They will always counter what you say because they know it better than you do. With the humble a good conversation can be had.

And watch out for trollers on forums. I've noticed quite a few of them lately. Most I just put on ignore as they aren't here to have an honest and truthful discussion.

Thank you for sharing these things dev, as I asked johnDb earlier. What about the base on a baseball field? it seems as though you have experienced that firsthand by and through things you have gone through, from doctors, even family members, and perhaps others you have met in and throughout your life. Praise be the Yahava, the Son of God, and the holy spirit, and the spirit of Christ that comes in and through you my friend. Thank you for sharing your great insights with not only me but to others here who may need to hear these things as well and find encouragement from your experience. The base on the baseball field mostly takes a beating for standing for Yahava, however, it still remains base before him. Loving God first is the first thing one must do - to put oneself in place and in check with oneself first before him, and to me, the bible helps in discovering where one may be if one goes and searches the scriptures. Then will they be able to go on to love others - however it is not in the aspect of the worldly sense but to be open and honest.

Reactions: dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for sharing these things dev, as I asked johnDb earlier. What about the base on a baseball field? it seems as though you have experienced that firsthand by and through things you have gone through, from doctors, even family members, and perhaps others you have met in and throughout your life. Praise be the Yahava, the Son of God, and the holy spirit, and the spirit of Christ that comes in and through you my friend. Thank you for sharing your great insights with not only me but to others here who may need to hear these things as well and find encouragement from your experience. The base on the baseball field mostly takes a beating for standing for Yahava, however, it still remains base before him. Loving God first is the first thing one must do - to put oneself in place and in check with oneself first before him, and to me, the bible helps in discovering where one may be if one goes and searches the scriptures. Then will they be able to go on to love others - however it is not in the aspect of the worldly sense but to be open and honest.
Loving others is about love. I define love by wanting what is good for someone. God defines what good is.

For instance, being a homosexual isn't good for someone, so I should encourage them not to give into homosexual things. Falling into false doctrine also isn't good for someone. Listening to Satan isn't good for someone. There are many things that aren't good for someone. Like being selfish.

Sharing your possessions with people promotes selflessness in self and is good for someone. Having God's spirit to have peace, love and joy are good for someone. So I try to encourage them in ways that invite God's spirit into their lives. Obeying the commandments is good for someone.

And that is how we love our brothers and sisters, by promoting good in words and actions.