Is there an importance to be founded when it comes to being humble, lowly?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Genesis 50:
12 And so his sons did for him as he had commanded them; 13 for his sons carried him to the land of Canaan and buried him in the cave of the field of Machpelah opposite Mamre, which Abraham had bought along with the field as a [h]burial site from Ephron the Hittite. 14 And after he had buried his father, Joseph returned to Egypt, he and his brothers, and all who had gone up with him to bury his father.

15 When Joseph’s brothers had seen that their father was dead, they said, “What if Joseph holds a grudge against us and pays us back in full for all the wrong which we did to him!” 16 So they sent instructions to Joseph, saying, “Your father commanded us before he died, saying, 17 ‘This is what you shall say to Joseph: “Please forgive, I beg you, the offense of your brothers and their sin, for they did you wrong.”’ And now, please forgive the offense of the servants of the God of your father.” And Joseph wept when they spoke to him.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Exodus 8:1-10

New American Standard Bible

Frogs over the Land​

8 [a]Then the Lord said to Moses, “Go to Pharaoh and say to him, ‘This is what the Lord says: “Let My people go, so that they may serve Me. 2 But if you refuse to let them go, behold, I am going to strike your entire territory with frogs. 3 The Nile will swarm with frogs, which will come up and go into your house, and into your bedroom and on your bed, and into the houses of your servants, and on your people, and into your ovens and kneading bowls. 4 So the frogs will come up on you, your people, and on all your servants.”’” 5 [b]Then the Lord said to Moses, “Say to Aaron, ‘Extend your hand with your staff over the rivers, over the [c]streams, and over the pools, and make frogs come up on the land of Egypt.’” 6 So Aaron extended his hand over the waters of Egypt, and the [d]frogs came up and covered the land of Egypt. 7 However, the soothsayer priests did the same with their secret arts, [e]making frogs come up on the land of Egypt.
8 Then Pharaoh called for Moses and Aaron and said, “Plead with the Lord [f]to remove the frogs from me and from my people; and I will let the people go, so that they may sacrifice to the Lord.” 9 And Moses said to Pharaoh, “[g]The honor is yours to tell me: when shall I plead for you and your servants and your people, [h]that the frogs be destroyed from you and your houses, that they be left only in the Nile?”
10 Then he said, “Tomorrow.” So he said, “May it be according to your word, so that you may know that there is no one like the Lord our God.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What are your thoughts?

It is good to be proud and haughty?

Does not the Lord hate a proud or haughty look?

Proverbs 6:16-19

New American Standard Bible

16 There are six things that the LORD hates,
Seven that are an abomination [a]to Him:
17 Haughty eyes, a lying tongue,
And hands that shed innocent blood,
18 A heart that devises wicked plans,
Feet that run rapidly to evil,
19 A false witness who declares lies,
And one who [b]spreads strife among brothers.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't know. Why do you ask these questions for?
The answer to the question is obvious. You tell people what they need to hear, not what they want to hear. That's the difference between a crooked politician and an honest one. The difference between a good pastor and a pastor with his own agenda.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The answer to the question is obvious. You tell people what they need to hear, not what they want to hear. That's the difference between a crooked politician and an honest one. The difference between a good pastor and a pastor with his own agenda.
What did Jesus say about that?

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What did Jesus say about that?
"You are of your father the devil, and your will is to do your father's desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, and has nothing to do with the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks according to his own nature, for he is a liar and the father of lies." Matthew 8:44 RSV

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"You are of your father the devil, and your will is to do your father's desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, and has nothing to do with the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks according to his own nature, for he is a liar and the father of lies." Matthew 8:44 RSV

Great quote from the Lord Jesus Christ there, Estey. It's not good to lie, is it? All liars who love to practice and love to tell lies, will have their part in the lake of fire, won't they?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Is there an importance to be founded when it comes to being humble, lowly?​

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Great quote from the Lord Jesus Christ there, Estey. It's not good to lie, is it? All liars who love to practice and love to tell lies, will have their part in the lake of fire, won't they?
And when you tell people what they want to hear, rather than what they need to hear, you are lying. People do that because they want you to ally yourself to their agenda.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And when you tell people what they want to hear, rather than what they need to hear, you are lying. People do that because they want you to ally yourself to their agenda.

People love and enjoy flattery, don't they? It feeds the flesh. How can one tell what is from the spirit and what is coming from the flesh?

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
People love and enjoy flattery, don't they? It feeds the flesh. How can one tell what is from the spirit and what is coming from the flesh?
Perhaps the first step is to understand not all people want what's best for us.

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Is there an importance to be founded when it comes to being humble, lowly?​

What do you mean by "founded"?

I come into the thread to try and figure it out and still don't know.

If you could explain.