IS THERE ANYTHING WRONG WITH THIS TEXT?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Rom 12:1 Therefore, brothers, I call on you through the compassion of God to present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, pleasing to God, which is your reasonable service. And be not conformed to this age, but be transformed by the removing of your mind, in order to prove by you what is the good and pleasing and perfect will of God. (Literal Translation).

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Rom 12:1 Therefore, brothers, I call on you through the compassion of God to present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, pleasing to God, which is your reasonable service. And be not conformed to this age, but be transformed by the removing of your mind, in order to prove by you what is the good and pleasing and perfect will of God. (Literal Translation).
This translation SERIOUSLY DISTORTS what is written.

1. "I call on you" is not the same as "I exhort" (which has a compound meaning)

2. "the compassion" is not exactly the sames as "the mercies"

3. "pleasing" is not the same as "well pleasing" (εὐάρεστον, euareston)

4. "this age" may be correct literally, but is incorrect spiritually, since "this world" corresponds to what John says in 1 John 2 about the world. Therefore almost all translations have "this world" not "this age".

5. "the removing of your mind" is total nonsense, since it should be the renewing of your mind.