Is there new Revelation of Truth Needed?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is Scripture written on paper, insufficient to reveal all the truth of God's gospel?

Does there come a time planned by God, like now, when He will reveal the full and final truth of the church by Personal revelation?

And, no one is to challenge that revelation of full truth by written Scripture, because that would be 'pitting' old Scripture against new revelation?

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Is Scripture written on paper, insufficient to reveal all the truth of God's gospel

Hello robert,

I dont think insufficient is the word I would use.
Scripture is certainly sufficient to call one to the Truth, but being intimately united with the Truth is something so much more..

You search the scriptures, because you think you have eternal life through them; even they testify on my behalf.

But you do not want to come to me to have life.

Pax et Bonum

Reactions: amadeus and ScottA

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is Scripture written on paper, insufficient to reveal all the truth of God's gospel?

No.

Paul wrote:

“…I have not shunned to declare unto you all the counsel of God.” (Acts 20:27)

Does there come a time planned by God, like now, when He will reveal the full and final truth of the church by Personal revelation?

No.

The Holy Bible is the complete and final revelation.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello robert,

I dont think insufficient is the word I would use.
Scripture is certainly sufficient to call one to the Truth, but being intimately united with the Truth is something so much more..

You search the scriptures, because you think you have eternal life through them; even they testify on my behalf.

But you do not want to come to me to have life.

Pax et Bonum
The question is not whether the letters of the book are sufficient to save, which they are not, if not mixed with faith and obeyed by the Spirit.

For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.

The question is, if the Scriptures we now have are sufficient to know all truth, that we are to believe and do.

And so, the question is if any new revelation of truth is necessary to have the full gospel of Christ, or must all new revelation be conformed to Scripture already written, in order to prove it is true of Christ.

Can we say that God reveals to any man a new revelation of His truth, that must be added to the Scripture already written, in order to have the whole truth of the gospel of Christ.

There are those saying this is true for these times, that was not necessary for times past.

They claim now and today, God is giving them the full truth of His word, that He did not give to His prophets and apostles.

In effect, the people of God have been getting deprived of all the truth, up to now.

When Jesus said the Spirit of truth would guide us into all truth, He was not speaking of His people before this time.

Or, if He was, then no one was brave enough to receive it personally from God, and declare it, even if the Scriptures of the apostles do not confirm it.

Which is not true, since we have Mohammed and Mormons to prove differently. These are different from other cult groups, in that they claim personal revelation of angels for their new revelation of the one true God. The rest just twist Scripture and add their own traditions like the blind Jews of old.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No.

Paul wrote:

“…I have not shunned to declare unto you all the counsel of God.” (Acts 20:27)

No.

The Holy Bible is the complete and final revelation.
Very good use of scripture to refute future revelations and gospels of truth.

He also said we would be judge by his gospel, not that of another.

Of course the new revelators would simply say Paul did not hold back from all the counsel of God, given him.

But God has counsel still in store to add to that given to Paul.

What we have are people that raise themselves up equal and even above Scripture, by vain imagination to be hearing from angels a new revelation heretofore unknown, unrevealed, or at least not yet discerned by Scripture.

They may not say they are given new revelation to add to Scripture, but are simply given the full revelation of Scripture, that has not yet been revealed, until this time.

Which of course results in the same thing: something taught for Scriptural truth, that no one could possibly get from the Scriptures themselves.

They are claiming private interpretation by personal revelation taught for Scripture, though no Scripture written ever says it, or comes nowhere close to saying it that way, or is even plainly contradicted by what is written already.

Such as the resurrection is past already.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God stopped and " new revelation " with the Apostles. Its these men whom were inspired by God to write scripture we find in the N.T. as per 2 Timothy 3:16, 2 Peter 3:15-16 and John 16:12-16.

hope this helps !!!

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God stopped and " new revelation " with the Apostles. Its these men whom were inspired by God to write scripture we find in the N.T. as per 2 Timothy 3:16, 2 Peter 3:15-16 and John 16:12-16.

hope this helps !!!
For me (knowing some other folks will disagree with me here), I don't see that aspect of God changing. In the past He spoke with men (individually and collectively), gave scripture, led His people, spoke directly with the Holy Spirit, sent the Holy Spirit to His followers. I don't see God changing. Why shut out God's inspiration? Are we not supposed to have ears to hear?

Note: I'm NOT remotely advocating blindly believing anyone who says they are inspired of God-- you should never do that! There are totally wolves out there. But the presence of fakers doesn't equate to "real inspiration doesn't exist".

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I gotta tell ya...

If Jesus said (and He did) that all truth was coming via the Holy Spirit, to say otherwise until all truth is fulfilled in common--is anti-Christ.

So...why do some not just test every spirit, but quench the Spirit? Who would do such a thing?

Reactions: Jane_Doe22

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

hope this helps !!!
I like this translation.
2 Timothy 3 (ESV)
16 All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness,

Last edited:
Reactions: ChristisGod

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I find that it's not the scriptures that pose a problem for our understanding, but rather how it is that we all go about interpreting them.

For all who have been born again by God's Holy Spirit, we are clearly shown by Jesus who it is that shall BE OUR interpreter of the truth of Jesus. John 14:23, John 16:13.
Therefore, according to Isaiah 55:8-9 and Zechariah 4:6, our faith should NOT stand in the wisdom of men, but [rather] in the power of God, being that which is "by my Spirit", and not that which is "by might"- human wisdom, or that which is "by power"- religious persuasion.

The Holy Spirit of God/Jesus, which is freely given to us, who is "the mind [Spirit] of Christ", should be our only enabler for discernment and understanding.
Unfortunately, because we also have our own human mind of intellect, not many professing christians discern the difference from which mind they are speaking, when interpreting the literal scriptures. What I mean is, MANY of such are in the forefront of our churches, not by the Spirit of God, but rather by the standards and approval of men, through their hierarchy of learning, that is TAUGHT to them, through the preconceived intellectual thoughts of others, aka "the wisdom of men".
Jesus spoke of that situation, and said that there would not be a few, but rather MANY.
Matthew 24[4] And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.
[5] For many shall come in my name, saying, [that] I am Christ; and shall deceive many.
Paul reaffirmed it, when the Holy Spirit spoke through Him saying: [5] That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God. 1 Corinthians 2:1-6.

Having said all that, by His Holy Spirit you should be able to discern the simple truth concerning the parable of The Ten Virgins, and "who" it was that made the five wise to be ready, but the five foolish who were neglectful, were not made ready. Matthew 25.
Q1. What/who was it, that the five wise took with their lamps (Psalms 119:105, John 1:14)?
Q2. If "oil" is to be deposited within a lamp, who is it that is symbolic of the extra oil?
Truly, it is the Holy Spirit, if He be within us, who is that extra oil, being Himself a lamp/light unto our feet, the very "Mind of Christ", and NOT by our human mind.
John 16:13.

Last edited:

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Both the OT and the NT talks about God making new things.
Isa 43:19 Behold, I will do a new thing; now it shall spring forth; shall ye not know it? I will even make a way in the wilderness, and rivers in the desert.
Jer 31:22 How long wilt thou go about, O thou backsliding daughter? for the LORD hath created a new thing in the earth, A woman shall compass a man.
Gal 6:15 For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision, but a new creature.
1Jo 2:8 Again, a new commandment I write unto you, which thing is true in him and in you: because the darkness is past, and the true light now shineth.

There are a lot of new things being revealed all the time. But I believe that all revelations have already been written.
We just haven't found them all yet, maybe some have found more than others.

Amo 3:7 Surely the Lord GOD will do nothing, but he revealeth his secret unto his servants the prophets.

Most Christians already know the end game. We know how the story began and how it ends.
The only thing left that can be revealed are the details of how we get there.
But even those details are written in those pages.
Other than what must one do to be saved, what further revelations is needed?

If your talking about times and seasons, one just needs to look through the bible to see that history has a habit of repeating itself.
If you want to know what tomorrow is going to look like, just go back to the past and watch it all unfold.
There really is no new thing under the sun.
Everything is on a course with the destiny God gave it.
We may not all reach it the same way, but we're all headed in the same direction.

If someone receives a "new" revelation and it can't be verified by what is written in the scriptures....
I would definately question it.

Those my thoughts.
Good Morning Family!!
:D
Hugs

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ziggy quoted:
Jer 31:22 How long wilt thou go about, O thou backsliding daughter? for the LORD hath created a new thing in the earth, A woman shall compass a man.
Gal 6:15 For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision, but a new creature.
> In light of your references, I am focussing on the words "compass", "a new thing" and "a new creature".
"A woman shall compass a man".
The word "compass" in the Strongs- H5437, can mean "to bring about, to bring forth".
1. Is this not pointing to the virgin Mary and her baby Jesus? I believe that it is so.
2. Is not the virgin birth of Jesus "a new thing"?
I believe that it is so.
3. Is not Jesus, "the Firstborn from the dead", the very first NEW creature? I believe that it is so.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ziggy

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ziggy quoted:
> In light of your references, I am focussing on the words "compass", "a new thing" and "a new creature".
"A woman shall compass a man".
The word "compass" in the Strongs- H5437, can mean "to bring about, to bring forth".
1. Is this not pointing to the virgin Mary and her baby Jesus? I believe that it is so.
2. Is not the virgin birth of Jesus "a new thing"?
I believe that it is so.
3. Is not Jesus, "the Firstborn from the dead", the very first NEW creature? I believe that it is so.
Funny the first thing that came to mind was,
When God created Adam, he took woman from his rib. Bone of bone, flesh of flesh.
When God chose Mary, he took man from her body. But he was not concieved by flesh but by spirit.

Eze 36:26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

Hugs

Reactions: Earburner

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ah, well that is easier to answer..

Love God!
Love one another!

Yep, it's all there.. :D

Pax et Bonum
Amen... God has already provided all that is needed. Do we all see it all? Do any of us see it all? How is our vision?

"Where there is no vision, the people perish..." Prov 29:18