First, I need to know if you believe only Paul is our apostle today?++++No he's not wrong
++++modern doctrine is wrong.
Agreed and I'm quoting Scripture not modern doctrine
1 Cor 15.1-4, Eph 1.13, Col 2.13 Saved, sealed, forgiven by trusting in the death burial resurrection
Titu 3.5-7, Rom 3.28, Gal 2.16, Rom 4.5, Eph 2.8-9, Rom 5.1 no mention of water baptism as a requirement to be saved
1 Cor 1.17 for Christ sent me not to baptize...
If WATER baptism is required today to be saved, where does Jesus via Paul teach that is the case ?
I believe all the apostles taught the same gospel for all time.
So what Peter taught is applicable for us today as is Paul's teaching.
The scriptures must harmonize.
If what I believe causes conflict/contradiction with some passages. Then I know my beliefs are in error.
You are correct that many new testament verses teach faith saves and say nothing about baptism.
And therefore faith absolutely saves.
But there are NT verses that teach baptism saves. The scriptures dont contradict. Therefore we can harmonize all passages on salvation.
For example I believe you must repent in Jesus' NT gospel to be saved.
I hope you do too. But I know not everyone does unfortunately.
Let's look at John 3:16,
- for God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish but have everlasting life
This is 100% Biblical truth.
Notice believing in Jesus one can recieve eternal life.
Is that the sum or the whole gospel explained in this one verse?
Many believe so but they are mistaken.
Where in John 3:16 does it teach you must repent?
Nowhere!!!
Yet Jesus requires repentance to be saved.
To understand how Jesus' gospel saves you must not cherry pick only verses that teach on belief.
You must study all that is said that saves man. Then you rightly harmonize the NT gospel unto salvation.
Its simple.
