Is this ok to feel this way?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Della

Nov 8, 2007
Hi. I am still new to this but here goes. I watched the passion of Christ and it made me cry. It made me realize I have done so many things wrong and I couldn't believe what Jesus went through. I started to say it was me that deserved it not Jesus. I want to be like Jesus. He is so perfect, good and great. I just adore him. I have noticed something my friends have not. That the bible is true. It was like I was blind. How could I not notice. I am guessing it was temptation. Is it right to feel this way?

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(Della;58885)
Hi. I am still new to this but here goes. I watched the passion of Christ and it made me cry. It made me realize I have done so many things wrong and I couldn't believe what Jesus went through. I started to say it was me that deserved it not Jesus. I want to be like Jesus. He is so perfect, good and great. I just adore him. I have noticed something my friends have not. That the bible is true. It was like I was blind. How could I not notice. I am guessing it was temptation. Is it right to feel this way?
I have not watch the passion of Christ. The bible itself while reading it (when I was new) made me cry. And yes the Bible is true. I deserve it as well...and not Jesus. So yes it is alright to feel this way, because I'm sure at some point we all have or may have felt this way. Not everybody can see that the bible is true... but we can witness the Light, witness the Truth... into the dark worldI'll be your friend Della.

Sasha

Jul 27, 2008
It's wonderful to feel that way, it makes us realize how much we need Jesus. And without Him, where would we be? However!! Don't let the devil turn that into guilt and unworthiness. I recall a time when I was lying in bed cring, basicly feeling sorry for myself, and believed that I didn't even deserve to call on the name of the Lord. I want to tell you my friend, THAT IS A LIE FROM SATAN!!! You are the righteousness of God, through Jesus Christ. (You are in right standing with God, because of Jesus Christ)Hebrews 4:16 "Let us therefore draw near with CONFIDENCE to the THRONE OF GOD, that we may receive mercy and may find grace to help in time of need." We don't need to crawl to the throne with our heads held low and full of guilt and unworthiness. We can march right up, with our heads held high, knowing that our Father is eager to forgive us and bless us.1 John 5:14-15 "And this is the CONFIDENCE whice we have before Him, that, if we ask ANYTHING ACCORDING TO HIS WILL HE HEARS US. And if we know that He hears us in whatever we ask, we know that we have the requests which we have asked from Him.Praise the Lord!!Never stop praising Him! Always give him thanksgiving and adoration.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Sasha is absoulutly right We all fall short everyone not one is without sin use this to draw closer not feel guilty. God didnt die to make us feel guilt he died because he loves us and wants to heal us and forgive our sins. He paid for them we are show our love to him for that by repenting accepting him into our lives.

DC12

Oct 2, 2008
I haven't seen the movie but I plan on it soon. I know that when I accepted Christ as my savior, I felt the same way you are describing. I think it is important for you to remember these feelings you are experiencing and hang onto them. We are so sinful and imperfect, and if you are a Christian, especially a newborn Christian, it is very natural to feel extreme guilt about your "blindness" as you described it. I have been dealing with some personal matters lately that have drawn down on me because of my sins and being a halfhearted follower of the Lord. I tried to deal with these things on my own and was "blind" to the fact that the only way is His way! So i finally just broke down and gave it all to him, all of it. I asked him to guide me and give me the strength and discipline to get through this. Because I cant do it without You, Lord. I began praying everyday, throughout the day and devoting time to read scripture and talk to other Christians. Fellowship is so powerful. I talked to one guy who had been through the same exact situation as me and it felt like God himself was speaking to me. Saying listen up, this is what you need to do! My point is, it is natural for you to feel guilt and sorrow. In some sense, i feel its important to hang onto that but let it go at the same time.... In other words, remember how blind you were, but at the same time give that blindness up to God and ask him to guide you through your next steps. Take things one day at a time and stay close to Him through going to church, reading scriptures, and fellowship. If you do those things with a sincere heart, He won't let you slip into your old "blind" ways ever again!
smile.gif
Hope this helps