Is your Faith in the Bible or is it in God?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
have you been reading the posts???... not trying to be rude
I read the OP then responded. you and I have interacted since then. I'm not reading through 20 pages of posts unless you want to point me to a specific post.

atpollard

Jun 30, 2019
Port Richey, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Witness of Scripture

John 5:39-47 [NASB95]
"You search the Scriptures because you think that in them you have eternal life; it is these that testify about Me; and you are unwilling to come to Me so that you may have life. I do not receive glory from men; but I know you, that you do not have the love of God in yourselves. I have come in My Father's name, and you do not receive Me; if another comes in his own name, you will receive him. How can you believe, when you receive glory from one another and you do not seek the glory that is from the [one and] only God? Do not think that I will accuse you before the Father; the one who accuses you is Moses, in whom you have set your hope. For if you believed Moses, you would believe Me, for he wrote about Me. But if you do not believe his writings, how will you believe My words?"​

(Sue me, I quoted scripture. :) )

True Faith

Jul 21, 2022
Morristown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I read the OP then responded. you and I have interacted since then. I'm not reading through 20 pages of posts unless you want to point me to a specific post.
if you are not willing to read all the posts.. as when I go into a thread I will make a psot and then I will start reading as I go along... some times I miss something ... no biggie..

True Faith

Jul 21, 2022
Morristown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Witness of Scripture

John 5:39-47 [NASB95]
"You search the Scriptures because you think that in them you have eternal life; it is these that testify about Me; and you are unwilling to come to Me so that you may have life. I do not receive glory from men; but I know you, that you do not have the love of God in yourselves. I have come in My Father's name, and you do not receive Me; if another comes in his own name, you will receive him. How can you believe, when you receive glory from one another and you do not seek the glory that is from the [one and] only God? Do not think that I will accuse you before the Father; the one who accuses you is Moses, in whom you have set your hope. For if you believed Moses, you would believe Me, for he wrote about Me. But if you do not believe his writings, how will you believe My words?"​

(Sue me, I quoted scripture. :) )
and what post is this in reference to???

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@True Faith you’re kinda all over the place.

The main themes have switched from

1. Faith in the Bible or God?
2. Guidance with or without the Bible?
3. Eternal Life and the Bible; is the Bible eternal life?

And then you will not answer questions either.

Reactions: atpollard

True Faith

Jul 21, 2022
Morristown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Well since you have not answered the very first question.. why should I answer yours... is you faith in the Bible or is it in God???... without using the bible answer it and explain your answer...

True Faith

Jul 21, 2022
Morristown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

and so you know I have actually answered many questions in here... you would have known that had you actually been paying attention and some of those answers are quite lengthy...

True Faith

Jul 21, 2022
Morristown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It’s not important at all. It’s a dumb question. If fact I never heard the question in my many years in the faith until today by you.

“And when they shall say unto you, Seek unto them that have familiar spirits, and unto wizards that peep, and that mutter: should not a people seek unto their God? for the living to the dead? To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.” (Isaiah 8:19-20)

Seeking to the law and testimony (including the New Testament) is equated with seeking God.

How do you come to this foolish conclusion?

We have faith in God because of the Holy Bible. If we can’t have faith in the Bible that we can see, how can we have faith in God whom we cannot see?

How do you teach anyone about God and salvation without a Bible?

I don’t believe in the trinity. But what’s that got to do with your “God or the Bible” ultimatum?

you said you answered it in post #2.. that is post two... so answer the question...

atpollard

Jun 30, 2019
Port Richey, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 Timothy 3:14-17 [NASB95]
You, however, continue in the things you have learned and become convinced of, knowing from whom you have learned [them,] and that from childhood you have known the sacred writings which are able to give you the wisdom that leads to salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness; so that the man of God may be adequate, equipped for every good work.”​

(More scripture … because I CARE what God’s Holy Spirit inspired the Apostles to write.)

True Faith

Jul 21, 2022
Morristown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That was Post #2

Which answers your question:

Is your Faith in the Bible or is it in God?

and that is not the answer actually... the question was for you to answer for your self... which you did not answer... you answered for everyone thinking they would be along the same lines of you...

True Faith

Jul 21, 2022
Morristown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You, however, continue in the things you have learned and become convinced of, knowing from whom you have learned [them,] and that from childhood you have known the sacred writings which are able to give you the wisdom that leads to salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness; so that the man of God may be adequate, equipped for every good work.”​

(More scripture … because I CARE what God’s Holy Spirit inspired the Apostles to write.)

I want you to show me one place where I have ever said I did not care about the Bible???

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
if you are not willing to read all the posts.. as when I go into a thread I will make a psot and then I will start reading as I go along... some times I miss something ... no biggie..
I will link you to one of my threads with 12,000 plus replies. Maybe you could comment after reading through them all, how does that sound ?

True Faith

Jul 21, 2022
Morristown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

seriously your saying that you did not mean that I do not care about the Bible when you said " because I CARE what God’s Holy Spirit inspired the Apostles to write."...

Status
Not open for further replies.