Is your tattoo faith based?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Is your tattoo faith based in its design?

• Yes

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • I have a tattoo(s), but it/they are not faith based

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I have no tattoo

Votes: 17 85.0%
  • No, but I would consider receiving a faith based tattoo design

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • No, but I'm surrently not sure what to think, whether I would get one

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
No, enough pain in life. I dont think I will. Unless Jesus asks me to.
Seems like the first one was painful? :) (Some parlors have numbing creams, but they are not always used.)

I'm guessing from what you say that in some ways the value of a faith based tattoo design might appeal to you in some circumstances

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Actually his is faith based, albeit he and a friend tatooed themselves in 8th grade. I on the other hand, got mine at 46 ...
PS: @Acolyte :

Don't be surprised if your children and grandchildren, whom you mentioned on the other thread, eventually get inked as well; a shared experience for family members all to be inked, eventually.

(This is why these days because of the prevalence of tattoos in many families, there is such a potential for faith based designs, which can testify volumes to other family members and friends.)

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Not that I'm aware of.
I just wonder if your dw would dislike the idea of women with tattoos as much as she seems to dislike the idea of men with earrings: of course for her if this is what she honestly thinks, fine!

I guess the bigger picture is the use of both as witness means in one form or another.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think that she would agree with me that tattoos are out of the question because I am a stickler for the law :eek: . And she doesn't have any, so I don't think she would be getting any at her age.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I think that she would agree with me that tattoos are out of the question because I am a stickler for the law :eek: . And she doesn't have any, so I don't think she would be getting any at her age.
Interesting; because by the same token she can't claim that you piercing your ears would be unlawful in some shape or form, yet she is vetoing your ear piercing. (God bless you guys richly!)

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I just wonder if your dw would dislike the idea of women with tattoos as much as she seems to dislike the idea of men with earrings: of course for her if this is what she honestly thinks, fine!

I guess the bigger picture is the use of both as witness means in one form or another.
man, If you think that tattooing is a means of witnessing, you are off with the fairies

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
man, If you think that tattooing is a means of witnessing, you are off with the fairies
My wife and I talked to a young lady with the whole of John 3.16 tattooed on her wrist area; it was her favorite Bible verse and mine also; and I' sure that other conversations have arisen from her willingness to become tattooed in this way. Faith based tattoos are proven effective in conversation-starters, and a lot of Christians know this and act accordingly.