Islam is NOT a religion of Peace

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

puntorojo

Aug 27, 2014
Thank you my friend, for your explanation.

Though, I still feel, if Christians devoted more time to the furtherance of the Gospel, there would be less enemies to fight. We have made it hard on ourselves haven't we?

I am going to pray tonight with all of my heart, for the servants of God that are being condemned, but more so for those who are condemning them, to open up their hearts, for they know not what they do.

Reactions: KingJ

KingJ

Mar 18, 2011
South Africa
aspen said:
I tend to think that Buddhism is the only religion of peace. Christianity, like Islam has peace as an ideal, but the only hang up is; people
Aspen you need to discern better. Mark 7:20 is Christianity 101. Either Jesus is in us or the devil. Scratch a Buddhist and I am sure you will not see Jesus.

As for Islam vs Christianity.....followers of Jesus vs followers of Muhammad....well if ANYONE can't discern the HUMUNGOUS differences between Jesus and Muhammad / any prophet in fact.....there has to be ulterior motives.....

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/Pages/Jesus-Muhammad.htm
puntorojo said:
Thank you, The Vale Of Tears, for your intelligible response. This is why I needed to get involved, because I have had a hard time differentiating when it is right for me to judge.

So - are you saying that as long as it brings glory to God, and not to myself, I can judge others' actions? Also, what would be the correct Christian way to tell someone their religion is wrong? I understand now where I was wrong in my interpretation, however I still feel that we could judge Islam in a way that is sinful.

For example, if I meet a very happy, nice, Muslim, say - at work, should I approach him and tell him his religion is not a religion of peace? I am not trying to say you guys are doing that, however I think you get what I mean.

As a Christian, we are to live our lives like Christ. Would Christ encourage a war between Christians and Islam?
Many make the same mistake as you with Matt 7. We just need to read two verses ahead to grasp what Jesus was trying to say.

1. Judge not, that ye be not judged. 2. For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again. 3. And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?

Vs 3 clearly shows it is lifting ourselves up above others / thinking we are better. Vs 2 talks of us dishing out 'a measure'. Ie, consequence / sentence / punishment / embarrassing the person etc.

Paul makes it clear that the spiritual man (Christian) judges all things 1 Cor 2:15 and 1 Cor 6:3. As for judgment + consequence.....We ONLY correct and rebuke fellow Christians. God judges all and dishes out punishment / sentences, not us.

Judgment, rebuking, correcting, condemning and sentencing are different words. Judge = make a judgment call.

1 Cor 5:10-13 sums up the need to use judgment for rebuke and correction.

10 Yet not altogether with the fornicators of this world, or with the covetous, or extortioners, or with idolaters; for then must ye needs go out of the world.
11 But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolator, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat.
12 For what have I to do to judge them also that are without? do not ye judge them that are within?
13 But them that are without God judgeth. Therefore put away from among yourselves that wicked person.
thomasleonard said:
Before i go pointing my
(finger, i will give evidence to justify my claim.
It may seem very straight forward but its nothing but the sad truth.

Islam has existed for a long time now. It was formed 6 centuries after Christianity. Christians and Muslims have generally peacefully lived together or put up with each other. However way you want it. The truth is Islam is not a religion of peace. I have evidence from their Quran to prove it, and i have evidence through the submission of Islam and the sadistic members of Islams society.
I agree 100%. Islam expands via the sword. Christianity via love. It made no sense to Napoleon. He had to conclude that Jesus was more then a mortal. http://www.thesacredpage.com/2008/04/napoleons-proof-for-divinity-of-jesus.html

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This Vale Of Tears said:
Buddhists worship idols. They're at peace with the god of this world, but that's not the peace that Christ offers, for friendship with God is enmity with the world. Our own Savior said he came not to bring peace but a sword. The mistake is thinking that peace means the absence of conflict. I assure you it does not.
What idols do Buddhist worship?

KingJ

You are allowing yourself to be trapped in a dualistic worldview "we either have Christ in us or the Devil". It is not a Christian worldview. Dualism is a heresy. Christ even said whoever is not against us is for us.

Mark 9:40

Shirley

Aug 15, 2011
Ohio USA
This Vale Of Tears said:
We're definitely of the same mind on this. One of the most irritatingly ignorant things I hear said is that Muslims have the same God as Christians and Jews. It simply glosses over way to many glaring contradictions and differences. Did God tell Muhammad to slaughter the Jews at Medina? Did God tell the Moors to conquer Christian nations and lay siege on the Vatican?

But more important than that is the theological conflicts, because for Islam to serve the same God that I serve means that God took a giant step BACKWARD in relationship to man. It would mean that after Jesus died on the cross, was resurrected, and ushered in the New Covenant by which we are saved by grace, not by observation of religious law, that God changed his mind and returned us to the dictates of the law and that the crucifixion of Jesus changed absolutely nothing. Books could be written on all the problems defending this claim.

Islam is utterly incompatible with Christianity, and as I've often told Muslims, my God has crushed the god of Islam underfoot and they serve a defeated god.
I agree with your statements about Islam but I disagree when you say that You will tell them that Your God has crushed them and they serve a defeated God. This is kind of like a bully saying his dad will beat up your Dad. You need to understand that most humans believe what they were taught as a child. This does not mean that they are not connected to God just b/c they were raised in a wrong religion. God is Spirit and he does not need words or theology to teach and connect to all peoples. Many of us believe things that are wrong and even the apostle Paul said that we know only in part. God knows the people who love him and he even seeks them out worldwide. As a child I belonged to a religion that was bondage, just as all of Islam does. It will not help a person of islam if u say My God beats your God. Not at all!!!! You could instead say that my God is forgiving, My God will save the repentant and the good. Think about it! I believe that people of all religions belong to the Spirit of God and His son Jesus b/c even the apostle Paul said that those who have not heard the truth would be judged by their conscience. Remember that every knee will bow. So now I ask u this. Do you really believe that all of Islam belongs to the evil religion? I belonged to a religion that used bondage and it took me many many years to get out of my mind's teaching and into what God what saying to my heart.

How about this instead: God forgives you and accepts you and you need only to walk in the Spirit of God and use his gifts wisely and you will be accepted. The law was fulfilled and now we must repent and walk in the Spirit and God accepts us. Walk and talk in wisdom. A mind is never changed by bully words but only by displaying the love and forgiveness that Jesus gave us with his sacrifice. Just b/c the religion is wrong does not mean that the individual does not belong to God already. Those who accepted Jesus already belonged to God- Remember? Your way of telling them they are wrong does not teach them about the forgiveness that Jesus brought to us. No more bondage!!!!!!!!!! Be kind and loving so people can see Christ in us!!!!

This Vale Of Tears

Indian Papist
Jun 13, 2013
Idaho
aspen said:
buddha_devil_worship_001.png

Brother James

Jun 2, 2008
Melbourne, FL
It is important for followers of Christ to have a clear understanding of the truth about Islam. It is also important that we do everything we do in a spirit of love.

Islam was invented by a single man who took some teachings from Judaism and Christianity, twisted and contorted them, and invented a new religion based on a false narative about Abraham and Ishmael. The man who created Islam was a warlord, a highway robber (who robbed caravan merchants to fund his wars), a pedophile (who "married" a seven year old child) and murderer. He did not live the life that a prophet of God would live. The teachings of the Qu'ran are there for all to see. Some "moderate" Muslims take a softer stance on the "true" meaning of some uncomfortable verses, but the verses are there and the people who cut the heads off of non-Muslims are not really "extremists", but rather true practitioners of Islam. They are doing the things the Qu'ran teaches them to do as they understand it and as it plainly states the matters.

When Muslims tell me we worship the same God, I say "praise Jesus, I'm glad to hear it, because Jesus Christ is my Lord, my God, and my King..." Then they backpedal. Their understanding of God is the invention of a man, one man. But I don't say things to demean Muslims or "lord" over them or anything else. That would be very unchristian. But I do correct their assertion that I worship the same god they worship, because I don't. But I love them and hate the fact that Satan has so badly deceived them. The lies they are told are very hard for them to recognize as lies. I believe the true spirit of antichrist is in the Muslim religion, so while I am called to love I am not called to compromise with them.

This Vale Of Tears

Indian Papist
Jun 13, 2013
Idaho
They argue that it's vile to think that God has a penis. I laughed the first time a muzzy tried to float that, trying to shame Christians for entertaining such a "dirty" thought. I also remind them of the irony that they are so oppressive to women, yet it was their mighty prophet who was whacked by girl power. That's right. A woman killed Muhammad. No wonder they're so terrified of women they have to hide them with burkas. You can tell I have lots of fun with the militant Muslims.

But peaceful Muslims I respect a lot, and I've been blessed to know that type too. There's one time when I was hungry and had no food and a Muslim shared his meal with me, as his faith instructed him too. He seemed to have such a peace about him.

If Jesus advises us that "the heavens suffer violence and the violent take it by force", it's small wonder that the peaceful Muslims don't hold sway in their religion and the violent ones do.

Shirley

Aug 15, 2011
Ohio USA
This Vale Of Tears said:
They argue that it's vile to think that God has a penis. I laughed the first time a muzzy tried to float that, trying to shame Christians for entertaining such a "dirty" thought. I also remind them of the irony that they are so oppressive to women, yet it was their mighty prophet who was whacked by girl power. That's right. A woman killed Muhammad. No wonder they're so terrified of women they have to hide them with burkas. You can tell I have lots of fun with the militant Muslims.

But peaceful Muslims I respect a lot, and I've been blessed to know that type too. There's one time when I was hungry and had no food and a Muslim shared his meal with me, as his faith instructed him too. He seemed to have such a peace about him.

If Jesus advises us that "the heavens suffer violence and the violent take it by force", it's small wonder that the peaceful Muslims don't hold sway in their religion and the violent ones do.
A woman killed him? I never heard that. Where did u get that info?

KingJ

Mar 18, 2011
South Africa
aspen said:

KingJ

You are allowing yourself to be trapped in a dualistic worldview "we either have Christ in us or the Devil". It is not a Christian worldview. Dualism is a heresy. Christ even said whoever is not against us is for us.

Mark 9:40
We need to take Mark 9:40 and add James 1:27, Jer 17:10, James 4:8 and John 14:6 Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. That seems very dualistic. Even in the OT you either repented / followed Psalm 51:17 and went to paradise or you didn't and went to Hades.

With these scriptures we can conclude that if someone is a good Bhuddist / Muslim, ie selfless, they will find Jesus. If God does not draw close to them, well then it is because what we see is not what is. Mark 9:40 would thus pertain more to Christians with funny beliefs that do no real damage.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
are you serious Vale? after all your self righteous accusations against me for misrepresenting what Protestants believe.....you post a picture of a Buddhist statue as proof of idol worship?! So i guess you would have to accept Protestant pictures of Catholic idol worship too, huh? "Muzzy"? Does this mean it is okay to mock and misrepresent the beliefs of people as long as they arent protestant or mormon?

This Vale Of Tears

Indian Papist
Jun 13, 2013
Idaho
aspen said:
are you serious Vale? after all your self righteous accusations against me for misrepresenting what Protestants believe.....you post a picture of a Buddhist statue as proof of idol worship?! So i guess you would have to accept Protestant pictures of Catholic idol worship too, huh? "Muzzy"? Does this mean it is okay to mock and misrepresent the beliefs of people as long as they arent protestant or mormon?
Wait....which one of us is being self righteous? I can't tell.

Buddhists actually deify statues, pray to them, and believe they can respond with blessings of good fortune. When you enter a Buddhist temple, the statues are front and center as seen in the picture. What's absurd is your idea that because Catholics kneel before a statue of the Blessed Virgin, that any other religion that does the same can't possibly be worshipping the statue themselves. Catholics believe the ancient doctrine of icons, that physical things represent windows into heaven. We don't pray to statues, we pray in a place where the veil between heaven and earth is very thin. St. Augustine's mother built beautiful shrines to the saints and nobody thought it was idolatry because Christians knew better. Apparently you don't.

I admire Buddhists and the religion that's as old as Christianity and survived the centuries. I decried when the Muzzies (yes I said that), the animals you defend in your Leftist bent, destroyed the centuries old Buddhist statues, demonstrating yet again what a despicable, intolerant, evil religion they represent. You are blind to defend them, my friend.

Brother James

Jun 2, 2008
Melbourne, FL
The Quran contains at least 109 verses that call Muslims to war with nonbelievers for the sake of Islamic rule. Some are quite graphic, with commands to chop off heads and fingers and kill infidels wherever they might be hiding. Muslims who do not join the fight are called 'hypocrites' and warned that Allah will send them to hell if they do not join the slaughter. These verses of violence in the Quran are mostly open-ended, meaning that they are not restrained by the historical context of the surrounding text. They are part of the eternal, unchanging word of Allah, and just as relevant or subjective as anything else in the Quran.

Most of today's Muslims exercise a personal choice to interpret their holy book's call to arms according to their own moral preconceptions about justifiable violence. These are what most folks refer to as "moderate" Muslims. To support this view it is necessary to gloss over historical facts. But it is important to keep in mind that the problem with Islam is NOT bad people but a BAD ideology.

This Vale Of Tears

Indian Papist
Jun 13, 2013
Idaho
Brother James said:
The Quran contains at least 109 verses that call Muslims to war with nonbelievers for the sake of Islamic rule. Some are quite graphic, with commands to chop off heads and fingers and kill infidels wherever they might be hiding. Muslims who do not join the fight are called 'hypocrites' and warned that Allah will send them to hell if they do not join the slaughter. These verses of violence in the Quran are mostly open-ended, meaning that they are not restrained by the historical context of the surrounding text. They are part of the eternal, unchanging word of Allah, and just as relevant or subjective as anything else in the Quran.

Most of today's Muslims exercise a personal choice to interpret their holy book's call to arms according to their own moral preconceptions about justifiable violence. These are what most folks refer to as "moderate" Muslims. To support this view it is necessary to gloss over historical facts. But it is important to keep in mind that the problem with Islam is NOT bad people but a BAD ideology.
And most importantly, the Koran gives standing orders, meaning all Muslims in every generation are obligated to obey them. This is where the idiots who say the Christian Bible is just as bad get it wrong. God calling on Joshua and the Israelites to take possession of Canaan has no bearing on us today. There are no standing orders to go to war or to kill anybody in the Bible. None. There's no comparison between the God breathed holy scripture and the satanic inspired Koran.

tooldtocare

Jan 24, 2014
far side of the moon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Brother James said:
It is important for followers of Christ to have a clear understanding of the truth about Islam. It is also important that we do everything we do in a spirit of love.

Islam was invented by a single man who took some teachings from Judaism and Christianity, twisted and contorted them, and invented a new religion based on a false narative about Abraham and Ishmael..,.,.,.,.,.,.so while I am called to love I am not called to compromise with them.
Pray tell, why not-?

Believe me, The ""united" States did not come about by chance. We worked for our freedom.

Side note:
Judaism and Christianity have nothing in common that I know of-?

Enlighten me :)-
[SIZE=10pt]A poster posted: The reason why these devil infested heathens will claim that Allah is the same as Yahweh is because they want us to believe that they are a religion of peace, tolerance and love.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]And then I found this.,,.,.,The form Allāhu is the nominative[/SIZE] of Allah, meaning "God". The form akbar is the elative of the adjective kabīr, meaning "great", from the Semitic root k-b-r. As used in the Takbīr it is usually translated as "greatest", but some authors prefer "greater".
[SIZE=10.5pt]The term Takbīr itself is the stem II verbal noun[/SIZE] (tafʿīlun) of the triliteral root k-b-r, meaning "great".

[SIZE=14pt]Allah to you TOOOOooooo[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]My friend[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]May you and yours live long and prosper :)-[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]A poster posted: [/SIZE]The reason why these devil infested heathens will claim that Allah is the same as Yahweh is because they want us to believe that they are a religion of peace, tolerance and love.

[SIZE=10.5pt]Yahweh[/SIZE] [SIZE=10.5pt]([/SIZE]/ˈjɑːhweɪ/, or often /ˈjɑːweɪ/ in English; [SIZE=10.5pt]Hebrew[/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]: [/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]יהוה[/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]‎), was the [/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]national god[/SIZE] [SIZE=10.5pt]of the [/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]Iron Age[/SIZE] [SIZE=10.5pt]kingdoms of [/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]Israel[/SIZE] [SIZE=10.5pt]and[/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]Judah[/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]. The name may have originated as an [/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]epithet[/SIZE] [SIZE=10.5pt]of the god [/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]El[/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt], head of the Bronze Age [/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]Canaanite pantheon[/SIZE] [SIZE=10.5pt]("El who is present, who makes himself manifest"),[/SIZE][SIZE=8.5pt][1]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yahweh#cite_note-FOOTNOTEMcDermott200294-95-1[/SIZE] [SIZE=10.5pt]and appears to have been unique to Israel and Judah,[/SIZE][SIZE=8.5pt][2]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yahweh#cite_note-FOOTNOTEGrabbe2010184-2[/SIZE] [SIZE=10.5pt]although Yahweh may have been worshiped south of the Dead Sea at least three centuries before the emergence of Israel (the Kenite hypothesis). The earliest reference to a deity called "Yahweh" appears in [/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]Egyptian[/SIZE] [SIZE=10.5pt]texts of the 13th century BC that place him among the Shasu-Bedu of southern [/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt]Transjordan[/SIZE][SIZE=10.5pt].[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt]They be the same or perhaps even close-?[/SIZE]

Alla may refer to:
  • Ara Gaya also called Alla(안라) is a city-state kingdom in the part of Gaya confederacy, in modern day Haman County of Korea

[SIZE=10.5pt]could not find another reference :)-[/SIZE]

Michael Holder

Sep 14, 2014
Thou shalt have no other gods befor me. Islam,budda and the many other gods people pray to are either demonic spirits or satan himself

thomasleonard

Christian Spokesman
Aug 17, 2014
London
Brother James said:

A truly great comment there.
Islam however the "people" are perceived do not match the evils in the actual "Ideology" of Islam itself. It is not the people it is Islam! The more that is taught the more people will understand the true face of Islam.
I also find that it is a moral duty as a Christian to oppose ISLAM foremost above all other religions. We all have the evidence in front of us. You cannot deny them truths, as you have so commonly seen in history and recent times the atrocities that Islam proposes.
How much more evidence do we need to conclude that is not actually the people of Islam but the Ideology of the Quran!
There is only so much love and forgiveness one can give. If an evil such the works of "Satan" himself is at large, we don't use love to defeat it? Would you bow to Satan and show him mercy and love? No mercy to Satan, no mercy to Islam.
If you could interpret the Quran as anything other than satanic and evil, then you are going against God and Christ's teachings.
Anyway have a great day everyone, god bless you all.
Thank you @ThisValeOfTears i find your comments always intellectual and coming from the heart. God bless.
And to all the others who understood, god bless you to.

River Jordan

Jan 30, 2014
I'd be careful about characterizing and judging a faith by the actions of its most extreme elements. One day we may find ourselves judged by the same standard.

StanJ

Lifelong student of God's Word.
May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Islam and Judaism and Christianity have the same God as they refer to the God of Abraham. LDS and Christians have the same Jesus as in Jesus of Nazareth.
The problem lies in how they are NOW or have been perceived since the implementation of those religions. Our God is much closer to the God of the Jews than He is to the God of the Muslims, but none of them are NOT the same. Our God and our Jesus are the true God. The others are false and perversions of the real God.

This Vale Of Tears

Indian Papist
Jun 13, 2013
Idaho
River Jordan said:
I'd be careful about characterizing and judging a faith by the actions of its most extreme elements. One day we may find ourselves judged by the same standard.
This is the delusion that is repeated and preached as truth, though it is entirely false. Those who believe that the penalty for apostasy is death are in the majority. In fact, polls taken in Egypt, Pakistan, and other nations dominated by Islam show super majorities of Muslims believing that violence in the name of Islam is justified, that death should be prescribed for many religious crimes including homosexuality, blasphemy, and converting to another faith. In Western nations such as the UK, surveys have shown a stunning majority believe that Sh'ria law should be implemented in Western nations.

You're in good company with the lie that you keep breathing life into. Bush said the same thing repeatedly. There seems to be a political correctness about Islam that doesn't want to acknowledge the truth about all these "peaceful" Muslims. The gaping silence from Muslims when violence is committed seems to teach you people nothing. Christians wouldn't tolerate a tiny fraction of the atrocities committed by Muslims if they were committed by Christians instead. If one abortion clinic is bombed, the condemnation of the act is loud, widespread, and systemic. The sheer absence of such condemnation among Muslims sends a very clear message that you people continually ignore.