Islam is NOT a religion of Peace

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

StanJ

Lifelong student of God's Word.
May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
KingJ said:
Re the underlined, it is rather easy to defend God of the OT.
Just as it is for Muslims to defend their scriptures KJ. The issue is not what I know, it's what unbelievers know, or more accurately DON'T know. Your ad hominems aside, you should learn how to be HONEST in your responses.

KingJ

Mar 18, 2011
South Africa
StanJ said:
Just as it is for Muslims to defend their scriptures KJ. The issue is not what I know, it's what unbelievers know, or more accurately DON'T know. Your ad hominems aside, you should learn how to be HONEST in your responses.
Honest? You are evading yet again. We are not talking about unbelievers / people who don't know...yawn.

StanJ

May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
KingJ said:
Honest? You are evading yet again. We are not talking about unbelievers / people who don't know...yawn.
Yes honest, and I'm not evading anything. Do you believe Muslims ARE believers? It's hard to keep up with all your vacillation.

KingJ

Mar 18, 2011
South Africa
StanJ said:
1. Yes honest, and I'm not evading anything. 2. Do you believe Muslims ARE believers? 3. It's hard to keep up with all your vacillation.
1. Elusive
2. Misdirection
3. Pretentious and bombast

StanJ said:
1. Just as it is for Muslims to defend their scriptures KJ. 2. The issue is not what I know, it's what unbelievers know, or more accurately DON'T know. 3. Your ad hominems aside, you should learn how to be HONEST in your responses.
1. No, for the umpteenth time, there are no loving teachings from Muhammad that justify / counter balance his wicked teachings.
2. No, that is not the issue. The issue is that anyone who wants to study will see... no mercy for infidels in the Quran and much mercy for infidels in the bible.
3. Devious famacidal slander

heretoeternity

Oct 11, 2014
Asia/Pacific
Bottom line "christians"..clean up your own act, and countries, as a positive proactive plan, rather than dwelling in the negative about other religions...that will keep "christians" occupied for the next couple of hundred years, or longer lol!
It's called "take the sliver out of your own eye first"

KingJ

Mar 18, 2011
South Africa
heretoeternity said:
Bottom line "christians"..clean up your own act, and countries, as a positive proactive plan, rather than dwelling in the negative about other religions...that will keep "christians" occupied for the next couple of hundred years, or longer lol!
It's called "take the sliver out of your own eye first"
The negative about Islam is that Muhammad in all his wisdom decreed that his followers remove fingertips and heads from all who do not convert. Did you know that?

The negative about Christianity is that some in power got corrupted by it and abused Christianity for non-Christian gain with non-Christian methods. Jesus taught Matt 5:44 and turn the left cheek ;).

Its called ''stupidity vs sanity''. Its called ''devil vs God''. Its called ''hate vs love''.

heretoeternity

Oct 11, 2014
Asia/Pacific
Check out the Jewish talmud and see what it says about gentiles...seems gentiles are no better than dogs to this document...check out Veterans today website for a discussion on the talmud and koran.

truthquest

May 23, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There's a scripture that comes to mind. Rom. 12:18 If it be possible, as much as lies in you, live peaceably with all men.

A few years ago, I was leaving a store and was putting things into the backseat and had gotten into the truck. I saw this Muslim woman come out of the store with a buggy full of things and she had three small children. She got to her van and began to try to put her children into their seats and make sure they were all buckled in and safe. Then she started unloading the buggy. I was about to drive away when suddenly I saw this woman drive up and park nearby and she sat in her car watching this Muslim lady. I was worried when I saw this and so I decided to wait a few minutes before leaving because I had the feeling there would be some trouble because of the way this woman was looking at the Muslim woman. The Muslim woman finished unloading her buggy and was about to get into her van when the other woman came stomping up to her screaming and pointing at the buggy. I couldn't hear what she was saying and I don't even know if the Muslim woman understood English. She remained calm and as far as I could see, she didn't say a word. She calmly got into her van and started to drive away while the other woman continued to scream at her. The children looked frightened by all this. The other woman grabbed the buggy and almost lifted it off the ground and I can see that she was angry and filled with rage. She slammed the buggy into the stall and stomped off into the store.
I had never seen anything like this before and I don't think it was all about someone not returning a buggy to a stall. I think it was something much more than that. That was pure hate. It gave me a sick feeling....and it also saddened me.

KingJ

Mar 18, 2011
South Africa
truthquest said:
There's a scripture that comes to mind. Rom. 12:18 If it be possible, as much as lies in you, live peaceably with all men.

A few years ago, I was leaving a store and was putting things into the backseat and had gotten into the truck. I saw this Muslim woman come out of the store with a buggy full of things and she had three small children. She got to her van and began to try to put her children into their seats and make sure they were all buckled in and safe. Then she started unloading the buggy. I was about to drive away when suddenly I saw this woman drive up and park nearby and she sat in her car watching this Muslim lady. I was worried when I saw this and so I decided to wait a few minutes before leaving because I had the feeling there would be some trouble because of the way this woman was looking at the Muslim woman. The Muslim woman finished unloading her buggy and was about to get into her van when the other woman came stomping up to her screaming and pointing at the buggy. I couldn't hear what she was saying and I don't even know if the Muslim woman understood English. She remained calm and as far as I could see, she didn't say a word. She calmly got into her van and started to drive away while the other woman continued to scream at her. The children looked frightened by all this. The other woman grabbed the buggy and almost lifted it off the ground and I can see that she was angry and filled with rage. She slammed the buggy into the stall and stomped off into the store.
I had never seen anything like this before and I don't think it was all about someone not returning a buggy to a stall. I think it was something much more than that. That was pure hate. It gave me a sick feeling....and it also saddened me.
When I was in the UK my friends and I ran to the defence of a Muslim family under attack from teenagers throwing bottles at them.

Your example is terrible behaviour by anyone, definitely a Christian. Muslim woman are the most degraded and 'godly' woman in the universe.

There is NO argument that we must not hurt or harrass them. The argument is purely on the teachings of Muhammad to the men...and then those men that follow it to the letter. Doing that causes them to hurt and harrass ....all of us :wacko: :(.

pom2014

Dec 6, 2014
Oh how the enemy loves fear and used it to divide.

Can't you see how this plays into their hands?

So sad.

heretoeternity

Oct 11, 2014
Asia/Pacific
Check out the Jewish talmud ( a sickening document in it's portrayal of women and children),if you think women are degraded in the koran..a review of this document makes it easy to see where the hatred comes from on both sides...perhaps this is why Jesus referred to the religious leaders of the day "as a brood of vipers"...

Abby1

Nov 19, 2014
I am a Christian, a follower of Yehshua (Jesus - Yehovah Saved) Christ (annointed one).
I believe upon His name. I have faith in His Word, the Living Word.
Do I judge? Absolutely. I am human and the flesh gets in the way at times and overpowers. Sometimes emotions take over and sometimes I wrongfully mis-judge. Yet, I also can judge with Godly discernment as my guide. This helps me with understanding, teaching, protection, etc. Discernment is a form of judging, of knowing what you are dealing with. Christ called the priest "vipers". He knew their motives and misteachings. He told us to "beware of false prophets". We have to have discernment to do this.

From the Strongs Concordence...
False Prophets: spurious prophet - protended foreteller/religious imposter.
Prophet: inspired speaker - foreteller)

Just a few things for thought....
Mohammad and his religion: Muslims original belief comes from the teachings of thier prophet, to them the last true prophet, Mohammad. One needs to look at this man and the history of Islam to gain discernment whether he is a true prophet from God.
Mohammad was somewhat of a royal outcast as a child. His royal father died young and his mother soon after. He was brought up by a bedouin wet nurse for the first years of his life. It was a deal made to give clean air to the child and lifetime security for the wet nurse. Mohammad began having seisures and visions. The wet nurse was afraid of him at first. He later moved in with his mother and on the way to Medina (Yathrib) where her family lived she died. His grandfather took him in and soon he died. Then his uncle gathered him under his care.
Mohammad would soon be called a storyteller.He highly respected poets - those who told stories. They were reguarded highly by the people and Mohammad wanted to be one. Later he would be laughed at by those in Mecca (Becca) when he told the story of flying on a beast to Jerusalem.
The Arab's were not a nation at this time. They were tribes with royals in charge. Quasay tribe was the royal tribe of Mohammad's family. They came up from Yemen. All within the Arab country were a mixture of different faiths, especially the star worship and Jinn (spirit) worship. Mohammad's uncle was in control of Mecca (Becca) where money came in from all different faiths and trade routes. Mecca is another subject which should be studied along with the Quasay tribe takeover. They were rich and benefited from the caravans and religious groups.
Mohammad began being a merchant and learned the trade. He married a rich woman 22 years older than himself. She treated him as a mother. He would cry in her lap, etc. when he didn't get what he wanted. She encouraged him to be a prophet and to rebel against his own people. Muslims consider her his first convert. Mohammad would go to Upper Arabia for trade. During this time the Christians were divided and the religions of the area of Iran were mixed. Judiasm also flurished. Mohammad would learn through another uncle the religion called: the true believers of Abraham - claiming to be Christian mixed with Judiasm and others. He would also learn from outcast monks and other people of their faith.
When he would later bring in Islam, he had all these beliefs intermixed. He had the history of Israelites not in chronological order. The Jews made fun of him and he became vindictive towards them.He would later slaughter all in battles lining them up in front of ditches to cast their bodies into. Then he had their heads cut off. sound familiar?
Beforehand, he would tax Jews and Christians in his land to build up an army and take what he wanted from them. His mission was to control Mecca (Becca) and all of Arabia. If they resisted, they were dead.He warred with his own people until he forced them under his rule...
When escaping, he used his cousin to take his place in his tent to get killed, beat up, etc.
He killed men and then took their beautiful wives for his own. This came back on him when one who was made to watch her husband and son killed poisoned him later in life. Muslims are in controversy over this... some deny, others say she was a betrayer and was quartered, etc.

He was bethrowed to a 6 year old child, his best friend Abu Baker's daughter. He would later take over when Mohammad died....controversy which would later cause the problem with Shihites and Sunni's. He married her when she was of age being 9.

They still worship a rock (star worship)...the "black rock" in Mecca. They perform rituals they claim Hagar did looking for help. It consist of running back and forth between 2 rocks. This place was also used in earlier times for sacrifice and in a history of Mohammad it is hinted that some were human.

Our Bible says Ishmael and Hagar settled in upper Arabia. They say Abraham came down to Mecca (Becca) where Ishmael and Hagar lived. Quasay tribe was from Yemen and some Muslims claim Mohammad is a decendent of Ishmael. They say Ishmael had many wives. According to the book of Jasher he had 2 and Abraham visited him a few times to make sure he was ok. The Bible doesn't go into detail but states were he lived.

Through Mohammad, the Arab peoples did become a great nation. But many are a mixture of Ishmael, Esau, Midian, Jolkston, etc.

True Prophet or False?

StanJ

May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Welcome to CB Abby1.

Your historical synopsis is good, but the OP is a question which you don't appear to have answered. Is Islam a religion of peace or not?

JimParker

Mar 31, 2015
Las Vegas, NV
puntorojo said:
Is it right for us to condemn what they believe? NO.
"You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye." (Matthew 7:1-5)
Does Jesus give us that right?
"Do not judge so that you will not be judged." (Matthew 7:1)

I believe that as Christians, we should not spend the time thinking about the wrong that others are doing, rather than focusing on the wrong ourselves are doing. This way, God will fill our hearts, and evidence of hid presence will be seen. I did not convert to Christianity because a Christian condemned my beliefs, but I do remember seeing his lifestyle and feeling a strong desire to be like him.

Blessed be to you all, my dearly beloved brethren.
<<I believe that as Christians, we should not spend the time thinking about the wrong that others are doing, rather than focusing on the wrong ourselves are doing.>>

So, when your brothers and sisters in Christ are being beheaded, crucified, burnt alive, cut in half, etc. by these worshipers of Satan, when young Christian girls are being kidnapped and sold a sex slaves, when they are burning down churches, you wouldn't bother to spend any time thinking about it.

Is that correct?

Reactions: KingJ

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
JimParker said:
<<I believe that as Christians, we should not spend the time thinking about the wrong that others are doing, rather than focusing on the wrong ourselves are doing.>>

So, when your brothers and sisters in Christ are being beheaded, crucified, burnt alive, cut in half, etc. by these worshipers of Satan, when young Christian girls are being kidnapped and sold a sex slaves, when they are burning down churches, you wouldn't bother to spend any time thinking about it.

Is that correct?
..or we can choose not to own a t.v. or watch media, and live in peace.

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
JimParker said:
Just pretend that you live in Mr. Rogers neighborhood until they kick in your door. That's your suggestion?

Greaaaat!
t.v. and media is a joke. there is more to life.

tooldtocare

Jan 24, 2014
far side of the moon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[SIZE=18.6666660308838px]One can have a good soul, carrying heart; full of warmth to the stranger passing by and never know of Jesus. And the Lord will welcome you into His home with open arms regardless. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=18.6666660308838px]or so I read it :)-[/SIZE]

tooldtocare

Jan 24, 2014
far side of the moon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Shirley said:

Isis and all other terrorists will only understand force- Unfortunately this is true. I say though-
ISIS is run by the MOSSAD using weapons USA gave to Israel, go figure

Israel ex-officer leads Ukraine protests: Reports
Sunday Feb 16, 2014
Ukrainian media have reported that a former Israeli army officer is playing a leading role in the anti-government protests in the former Soviet republic.
Four other Israelis, who had previously served in the army, were recently reported to have taken part in opposition rallies in Ukraine’s capital, Kiev.

http://thewe.cc/contents/more/archive/mossad.htm

Mossad Agent was an agent of the Israeli Mossad who was seen in MTAC, witnessing an operation that Mossad Officer Ziva David had acquired intel for.

http://ncis.wikia.com/wiki/Mossad_Agent

Nov 4, 2014 - The Islamic State group is the creation of Israel's Mossad, Iran's deputy foreign minister said Tuesday, accusing the spy agency of aiming to ...

http://www.haaretz.com/news/middle-east/1.624626

Russian writer and political activist: Mossad training ISIS terrorists in Iraq, Syria
http://www.jpost.com/Middle-East/Top-Putin-aide-Mossad-training-ISIS-terrorists-in-Iraq-Syria-383964

Isis claims responsibility for Texas attack
No evidence Islamic State had actual hand in attack as details emerge about would-be gunmen Elton Simpson and Nadir Soofi

http://tinyurl.com/oez9qd6

Comements welcome, is the above true or not?

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
God is Love, no contest here. Mens religion have used God as an excuse to murder gain land and riches, control people (even today) even manipulate governments. a certain church has being guilty of that for centuries, even thanked hitler for murdering the jews. not so long ago. Religion in all its forms is an abomination and I know of no right one.

In all His Love