Israel and Satan

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Satan rules the world (1 John 5:19), so we all knew that as soon as Israel tried to defend itself from Hamas, the world would accuse Israel of atrocities.
That statement that Satan rules the world is an oversimplification that leads to partial reality. God rules the righteous, and Satan and God battle for the good non-Christians. Satan does rule the truly wicked that desire evil.

So it would seem that Satan does not rule the world.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That statement that Satan rules the world is an oversimplification that leads to partial reality. God rules the righteous, and Satan and God battle for the good non-Christians. Satan does rule the truly wicked that desire evil.

So it would seem that Satan does not rule the world.
John says this: "We know that we are of God, and the whole world is in the power of the evil one." (1 John 5:19 RSV). So you can expect the world to accuse Israel of atrocities as it attempts to defend itself from further attacks by Hamas, and others.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John says this: "We know that we are of God, and the whole world is in the power of the evil one." (1 John 5:19 RSV). So you can expect the world to accuse Israel of atrocities as it attempts to defend itself from further attacks by Hamas, and others.
That was written around the time of Christ when the only righteous were Israel. But Israel failed and the church and Christianity was given to others. The world is still of much paganism and evil. But we live in a mostly Christian country. Satan only rules the wicked.

Israel is still anti Christianity. As it is 98% Jewish and Islam.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That was written around the time of Christ when the only righteous were Israel. But Israel failed and the church and Christianity was given to others. The world is still of much paganism and evil. But we live in a mostly Christian country. Satan only rules the wicked.

Mostly Christian country? Do you remember what God said about homosexuality? Calling oneself a Christian doesn't make one a Christian.

Reactions: I'm Sorry Lord God

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mostly Christian country? Do you remember what God said about homosexuality? Calling oneself a Christian doesn't make one a Christian.
Well I doubt most Christians support homosexuality actually. I'm not sure what you are referring to here. I know there are some churches (odd ones) that support it and that has made some news, but I think most churches still are against it, namely, Jehovah Witnesses, Mormons and Catholics are all against it. Probably most protestants are against it as well.

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

Rockerduck

Nov 7, 2022
Marietta, Georgia.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There have been more Christians in the USA since the 1700's constantly until present. US Politicians are always catering to the evangelical vote. Other countries don't have that. I've studied this in college. With all the thorns, the USA has the largest, 33% evangelical and 80% believe in God. Jerry Falwell called it the moral majority. There has been strong resistance to any sin in the news. Television shows have been taken off the air. Name the sin and you'll see the backlash from Born again from above Christians.

Reactions: dev553344

Rockerduck

Nov 7, 2022
Marietta, Georgia.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

1 John was written after AD 70. Jerusalem and the temple were gone and John was the Pastor(elder) at Ephesus when he wrote 1 John.

Reactions: dev553344

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well I doubt most Christians support homosexuality actually. I'm not sure what you are referring to here. I know there are some churches (odd ones) that support it and that has made some news, but I think most churches still are against it, namely, Jehovah Witnesses, Mormons and Catholics are all against it. Probably most protestants are against it as well.
Many churches give their blessing to homosexuality. It might occur to you that Satan loves to infiltrate churches.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There have been more Christians in the USA since the 1700's constantly until present. US Politicians are always catering to the evangelical vote. Other countries don't have that. I've studied this in college. With all the thorns, the USA has the largest, 33% evangelical and 80% believe in God. Jerry Falwell called it the moral majority. There has been strong resistance to any sin in the news. Television shows have been taken off the air. Name the sin and you'll see the backlash from Born again from above Christians.
I might have agreed with you forty years ago. Nowadays, evangelicals don't have a lot of influence. Homosexuality now rules the USA. You might remember God called that an abomination (Leviticus 18:22).

Truthnightmare

Dec 11, 2019
Athens
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Satan rules the world (1 John 5:19), so we all knew that as soon as Israel tried to defend itself from Hamas, the world would accuse Israel of atrocities.
Much of the world believe Israel committed atrocities when they took the land.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Many churches give their blessing to homosexuality. It might occur to you that Satan loves to infiltrate churches.
Well I don't think Satan cares who or what he infiltrates. But Gods children are given the Holy Ghost to comfort them and guide them, and Satan cannot infiltrate that.

This thread is about Israel though, and I think you're suggesting that Satan is against Israel. And although Israel is mostly a non Christian country, I don't think Satan really cares who he kills, he just likes doing it probably from what the scriptures say about him.

Reactions: Rockerduck

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well I don't think Satan cares who or what he infiltrates. But Gods children are given the Holy Ghost to comfort them and guide them, and Satan cannot infiltrate that.

This thread is about Israel though, and I think you're suggesting that Satan is against Israel. And although Israel is mostly a non Christian country, I don't think Satan really cares who he kills, he just likes doing it probably from what the scriptures say about him.
You don't think Satan cares who he infiltrates? Then what is he trying to accomplish?

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You don't think Satan cares who he infiltrates? Then what is he trying to accomplish?
Satan is here to destroy "all" souls. Perhaps he has an agenda with world leaders, parents, teachers, judges and all authority to accomplish that. He probably works on children and the unwise, because they haven't grown in wisdom or knowledge yet.

If the middle east has not accepted Jesus as the Messiah, then yes he might try to kill them, he might also try to kill Christians to silence them from helping God gain more souls to his cause.

I'm not really sure what your point is here with Israel and Satan. Satan pretty much goes after everyone.

Last edited:

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Satan is here to destroy "all" souls. Perhaps he has an agenda with world leaders, parents, teachers, judges and all authority to accomplish that. He probably works on children and the unwise, because they haven't grown in wisdom or knowledge yet.

If the middle east has not accepted Jesus as the Messiah, then yes he might try to kill them, he might also try to kill Christians to silence them from helping God gain more souls to his cause.

I'm not really sure what your point is here with Israel and Satan. Satan pretty much goes after everyone.
The Bible (John) says Satan rules this world. God is of another world. That is where we should be.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Bible (John) says Satan rules this world. God is of another world. That is where we should be.
Once again that was written when there was a handful of Christians instead of nations of Christians. Satan doesn't rule the church Bob. So he doesn't rule Christians.

Matthew 16:18 And I also say to you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build My church, and the gates of Hades shall not prevail against it.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Once again that was written when there was a handful of Christians instead of nations of Christians. Satan doesn't rule the church Bob. So he doesn't rule Christians.

Matthew 16:18 And I also say to you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build My church, and the gates of Hades shall not prevail against it.
Lots of people call themselves Christians. How many actually do as Jesus taught? Remember that one about not looking lustfully at people (Matthew 5:28)?

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lots of people call themselves Christians. How many actually do as Jesus taught? Remember that one about not looking lustfully at people (Matthew 5:28)?
So you consider yourself a proper Christian and others improper. Then I would have to direct you to read the parable of the tax collector and Pharisee. (Luke 18:9-14).

But this thread isn't about Christians anyways, it's about Israel who aren't even Christians.

Well I hope the murdering ends in the middle east, but somehow I doubt it as many fall into wickedness without the counsel of God and Christ and the Holy Ghost.

But watching too much news can cause people to become judgmental and dark minded. I try not to watch too much news as they only show a tiny minority and the actions of a few criminals usually and that leads to false judging sometimes. It's shock programming really.

Reactions: Cassandra
Status
Not open for further replies.