Israel Trip

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

justaname

Disciple of Jesus Christ
Mar 14, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am going to Israel in one week, God willing, for the first time. I am going with a group, some fellow students, my professor, and some other people from a church in the US, Tennessee I think. I post this to gain insight from anyone who lives there or has visited in the past. Anything you can tell me is a must see or to simply avoid. Things I might want to take, or things I definitely want to leave at home. I think we are going up around the Golan Heights, Caesarea Philippi, and to the city of David (old Jerusalem). Mostly during the day we will be event packed, but in the evening time is when I am going to be more free. Anything anyone can add will be deeply appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Brothertom

All for Jesus no matter the cost.
May 1, 2012
Bottom of Illinois
I have been there 4 times over 15 years.....but I always went alone. I would suggest that you go in with some people, & rent a car. Get the 100% package insurance there, & download a GPS, or buy one there. The freedom is amazing...I drove the entire country, North to south...& many sites...plus all over Jerusalem, Tel Aviv, The coast & the North..Mt. Carmel & Haifa....whenever I wanted to; I stayed there for up to 3 months. You could always rent a taxi too...your guide will help with the rates.

Pack light...you won't use 1/2 of what you bring....COMFORTABLE shoes...[ or buy a pair of NAOT sandels there: the best, most comfortable, durable sandels in the World...had mine 7 years...wear everyday...]...Light jacket & sweater.

Make an attempt to be as unreligious as possible...& treat everyone with respect. The last time I went, 18 months ago, I stayed in a Moshav with all Jews....a treat. I found quite a bit of racial stuff going on with the Muslims there....always trying to get over on you....& I never had a problem with Jewish Israelis.....I would avoid some Islamic areas & towns, especially at night.....& travelling with a native Jewish man or woman is a super plus....& will save you troubles!

You will have Jet Lag....Deal with it when you get home...but expect it...a crash day....Sleep at night. Too much to do & see there...now!

God gives grace top the humble, but resists the proud. Try to be real, & loving....look to God always. In the end...it is just dirt...but interesting sod, Eh?

justaname

Disciple of Jesus Christ
Mar 14, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sounds great thanks you two, I contacted him Angelina, no response yet.

NAOT sandals got it! Respect is key, I usually have no problem there, and the Lord has humbled me so I tend to love well. My professor lived there for a while so we should have a good guide, plus he is getting a native guide. I usually have trouble overpacking so I will keep that in mind. I hope to use this as a learning event, I am taking a journal for my records, and plan to draw upon it for ministry in the future. Interesting soil indeed!

Graceismine

Dec 16, 2012
New Zealand
Israeli.gif

No doubt you will be blessed

soupy

May 20, 2012
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree on the comfortable shoes, I like Birkenstock and Tevas, Keen too. I also took Cremora (coffee creamer) with me, glad I did, when someone wanted coffee with cream they were told to go into the bar, Kosher was common everywhere we went. I'm going again in a few months and will take my own creamer with me again.