It Gets Kind of Boring

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've wondered about that. Sometimes it does seem that way!

Much love!
Why you think i am always so fired up , stirred up , motivated . GET DUG in that bible . It stirs us up .
Been dug in it for hours daily for over seventeen years . THE LORD IS WITH THE LAMBS . Contend for the true faith
till the last breath .

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
This is exactly what I am struggling to find ... fellowship. This is the umpteenth site I have tried and all I seem to find, in just about every forum, is the same format and same types of debates about topics that, as far as my heart tells me, should have no bearing on one's faith and only serves to distract from it tbh. My biggest wish on these sites is to be able to 'Mute' a topic, so it doesn't constantly get bumped up in the feed and drown out all the other topics.
I don't know, I think debate is healthy. I try not to post anything that doesn't have some sort of signature of Wisdom, in it - so in the end, it is down to God to go the rest of the distance and help people understand what I mean. Also, I have reached 250 likes for my posts, so I know I am not arguing against the wind (so to speak).

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He knows because he's responsible for where we are. We pray asking him to change his mind, when our life is in the pits.
Or, we thank him for our life being in a great place.
What I kinda had in mind was a couple of things: First, one of the purposes of prayer is just to get us coming to God. It's a relationship thing, and it's for us, not for God. Amadeus picked up on one of the purposes of intercessory prayer - it encourages the one prayed for to know they have brothers and sisters who care. And in doing so, we "bear one another's burdens" (Galatians 6:2).

God knows everything, well, because He's God. I found it most freeing that I can just drop the pretense and take off the mask and forget the B.S. and just be brutally honest because He already knows.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: marks

ButterflyJones

Feb 19, 2023
USA
youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
With respect amigo, but I've yet to hear you preaching Jesus instead of just talking about preaching Jesus and telling folk to raise their hands!
Odd. That's what I read Amigo doing with every post.

This is a Christian community. Proselytizing here would be a bit like preaching to the choir.

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm like you, I don't use a smartphone. I own a flip phone. But I have 4 computers, that I run Linux on.

I like that this forum has been tolerant of me, at least for the most part. But I'm experiencing similar feelings that I had on other Christian Forums and Social Media. Unfortunately I don't enjoy getting into a group theology debate/discussion. And that is what most of these Christian forums turn into. It doesn't feel good to me, to try and win something in this area. In my opinion, based on what I've read, seen, experienced at Church, listen to, etc, etc, etc. Theology is just one of those things like Art and Music. It's really hard to nail down black and white good and bad. You take the Bible, and you read into it really hard, do some calculations, and then out pops some kind of view. Many people just get their views from other theologians, then they like to defend whatever they have come to believe that works.

Originally my point of joining any Christian Social Media/Forum was to meet people. In my early days I never gave it any thought what people would talk about. It's like sports, you choose a side and defend that side. Whereas I've never been a sport kind of person. I'm think I'm more interested in having and keeping relationships alive. Learning how to forgive and move on. Learning how to be content, but move forward.

I say all of this, because what I'm trying to say is, I feel stuck in the middle. Not entirely sold out on one side of the way things are done online, and not entirely on the debate side of things either. In other words, often times I'm just here.
@AlwaysOnAJourney , I love reading your posts. I think you are the most honest person here. You are such a blessing and your posts are a breath of fresh air. You explain well what it means to be human. I'm right there with you when I read what you write.
Ages ago, we had a social commentator , philosopher cowboy by the name of Will Rogers. You remind me alot of him. Here are some of his quotes. I hope you can see yourself in some of them--things I think you would say.

If you ever write a book, I'm first in line to get it!!!!!!

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I get bored too. Seems like we lost a lot of the forum members that were fellowshipping. Now we just have a lot of people that like to debate.
Debating is exciting, not boring

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@AlwaysOnAJourney , I love reading your posts. I think you are the most honest person here. You are such a blessing and your posts are a breath of fresh air. You explain well what it means to be human. I'm right there with you when I read what you write.
Ages ago, we had a social commentator , philosopher cowboy by the name of Will Rogers. You remind me alot of him. Here are some of his quotes. I hope you can see yourself in some of them--things I think you would say.

If you ever write a book, I'm first in line to get it!!!!!!
I didn't know Ole Will Rogers penned this! "Live in such a way that you would not be ashamed to sell your parrot to the town gossip." Will Rogers Love it, hahaha! Yeah, does sound like AOAJ!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I didn't know Ole Will Rogers penned this! "Live in such a way that you would not be ashamed to sell your parrot to the town gossip." Will Rogers Love it, hahaha! Yeah, does sound like AOAJ!
As the hog in the mire once lived unashamed of the darkness , so now let the cleansed ones live unashamed for Christ .
Lift those hands sister . IT BE LORD PRAISING TIME IN THE BUILDING and ROUND THE WORLD .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If many christains had an african grey parrot , you can bet they would not be bringing that bird into their church .
Cause them birds not only imitate what is said , THEY SOUND LIKE THE VOICE of the one who said it .
Yeh . My mama tried so hard to blame that filthy word that bird said on her husband . But i was like
how come it came out in sounding it in your voice . mama knew she been busted .
The bird can even mimic the phone ringing and it sounds just like the phone . Even the numbers getting dialed .

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If many christains had an african grey parrot , you can bet they would not be bringing that bird into their church .
Cause them birds not only imitate what is said , THEY SOUND LIKE THE VOICE of the one who said it .
Yeh . My mama tried so hard to blame that filthy word that bird said on her husband . But i was like
how come it came out in sounding it in your voice . mama knew she been busted .
The bird can even mimic the phone ringing and it sounds just like the phone . Even the numbers getting dialed .
Cool, maybe I'll get one, it would keep me accountable when I'm alone, lol!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes nancy , the bird can even mimic the dial tone . Visualize that .
It sounds like someone picking up a phone , dialing the phone and
mimics the voice to the T as well . Its kinda funny to hear that bird .
WELL , cept for when it comes out with the dogs name and a few harsh words .
OH YEAH it repeats phrases . That is how i knew MAMA said it .
She had a dog name cochese . the bird said COSHESE you ..................four words followed that phrase .
Son of ............fill free to not imagine the last two .
And now a friendly reminder . We ought to live as though our body is the temple of GOD . OH wait it is .
But anyway you get the point about them birds . They hear sound they repeat sound .