It Hurts So Much

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Fire-7

Feb 8, 2011
Fire-7, I was pretty happy when this thread hadn't really gone into the homosexuality discussion, so I want to totally put that aside. This post is not intended to be combative and so please don't take the tone that way if I mess up and don't convey what I am trying to say correctly. I'm speaking to you in the manner that I'd speak to any of my friends.

I think you've got to analyze (that sounds so statistical, right?) what you want out of a relationship. It sounds like you are very much confused about that.

See us guys have a lot on our plates. Society wants to portray the world as a men-dominated culture - which is partially true in some respects - but just like the ladies, we've had this hyper-masculine-muscular-provider-fix-everything-role to live. People don't connect much anymore, and that means some difficult changes for us in a world that demands that role. See the thing is, we have these phone conversations, forum conversations, Facebook conversations, etc. We just never really connect with them. I mean you can talk to the person without having the benefit of facial language, body language, and even the exact tone of his or her voice. Sometimes that lets us pretend things.

With you showing up here - specifically here - and then explaining a relationship like this, I think you are in the very least deeply conflicted about how you feel. I think your interpretation of your feelings is based on confusion. I won't play Dr. Phil or some Psychiatrist, but you probably know what I am saying better than I do right here. See the thing is - and this goes for heterosexual or any relationship - what you get out of a relationship is ultimately based on the other person. Our natural desire is self-absorption. This goes back to Satan himself who wanted God's throne. This continues on through Adam and Eve who both wanted the knowledge.

The Christian key, is that we die to self. We live for Jesus. It means putting aside desires, whatever they may be.

But back to relationships. I got pretty ticked at my wife the other night. It culminated in me dropping a bowl I used into a pot in the sink to wash and chipping the bowl. She picked out our stuff, and is very happy with it because it's our stuff. The bowls chip like crazy, but that's not relevant because my behavior placed the bowl in an opportunity where I could chip it. If I had focused on my wife, instead of myself and my misery, that silly little incident would never have happened. I use this illustration because it's a simple part of life. Relationships make us better, but not when we are focused on what there is for us to get out of them. Just by being and shifting the focus do they [relationships] improve us.

You seem to have initially gravitated to this guy because of his personality. He was someone you immediately could relate to. That, my friend, is the mark of a Christian. You want to talk to them. It's funny, but the first two statements about this guy are that you admire (1) his seriousness about Christianity and (2) his maturity. Let me just say I think you're starving for both those things.

It's when you add to them that your confusion arises. There is absolutely nothing wrong with having good friends, and being able to share things with them. I think some "intimacy" as far as sharing and hanging out is lost in the modern world between guys. We have those expectations not to be "gay" but to be manly and not show/share our issues, struggles, and problems. This is where you did connect to him, but maybe not in the way you think.

To close this long post of mine out, you placed this dude in a relationship uncomfortable to him to make you happy. Hate to tell you, but that ain't love. It doesn't matter if it's hetero, homo, amongst friends, or whatever. That is what the verses posted by Angelina mean, you frankly have to cut that stuff off and stop looking for the rewards of a relationship to be focused on you. You're not toxic. You seem at least reasonably interesting to talk to for people here. You also seem - and this is important as a first step - willing to introspect. That's the beginnings of Christianity. We sorta have to come to the realization that no person, program, friend, book, movie, etc is going to help us.

The next step is cutting the excess off. In the Bible it's labeled as being dead to self, or the old self dying. Don't kid yourself that you're alone in that struggle. Each person struggles with that. You can see the double-mindedness of Paul, for example. Now that was a faithful dude willing to endure so much because he loved Jesus and people. He could whip all of us here combined in his knowledge of Scripture.

Jesus makes this remark:

Subsequently, the Apostles with him feel asleep, because that was their temptation at the time. So you see how good they were at it. Jesus had just said (many times) - hey guys, I'm about to be arrested, be crucified, die, and then come back, so pay attention because it's the reason you'll get to heaven. A little later, zzzzzz is all that's heard from them. We struggle with materialism, homosexuality, hetereosexuality (IE: adultery), and many more crazy things (hunger, poverty, etc.) and these guys couldn't just stay awake! Such is the nature of these skin and bones bodies.

I know that was really long, but I pray that you get the message out of it that I think God is trying to give you! He never runs away or lets his anger overtake his love.

Thank you for your insight. long or short, I can appreciate everything you have said. And I am taking these things into account.

I know that it's easy for people to call me "selfish" and "self absorbed" because of this. That's all well and good. But I can't help how I feel about this man. I now regret ever coming in contact with him, because I got attached to him, and he just dropped me like a bad habit--not like I am a human being. How could I not feel betrayed, when we became so close? Everyone is telling that I'm not concerned about his feelings. But it also feels like he is not concerned about mine. I have told him how sorry I am that I allowed things to get out of balance. Though it's like nothing I say is good enough for him to forgive me. How can you be a christian and just completely ignore a person who is in your presence? Not speak, not acknowledge my existence? That, to me, is not love either. If it is, it sure doesn't feel like it! How could he be so cold and lifeless towards me? That is what hurts

discipleHelovestoo

May 14, 2011
"But I can't help how I feel ..."

that is one of the devil's most seductive lies - you are not a slave to your feelings IF you are reborn in Christ:

John 14:1 KJVR
(1) Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.

This is not a suggestion - it is a command from the Master. He didn't say 'try not to let your heart be troubled'.

You hear your voice more than any other; you hear everything you say twice - once in your mind as you speak and once as your own words come into your ears - and what you hear will get into your heart:

Romans 10:17 KJVR
(17) So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

the 'flip side of this coin' is that unbelief comes by hearing, and hearing by words that are against God's words.

Mark 7:18-23 KJVR
(18) And he saith unto them, Are ye so without understanding also? Do ye not perceive, that whatsoever thing from without entereth into the man, it cannot defile him;
(19) Because it entereth not into his heart, but into the belly, and goeth out into the draught, purging all meats?
(20) And he said, That which cometh out of the man, that defileth the man.
(21) For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed evil thoughts, adulteries, fornications, murders,
(22) Thefts, covetousness, wickedness, deceit, lasciviousness, an evil eye, blasphemy, pride, foolishness:
(23) All these evil things come from within, and defile the man.

you're speaking things that go against what God has said - this will defile you according to the Master. that doesn't mean you won't go to heaven - it does mean you will probably get there quicker since you are in disagreement with God - you won't have any power when sickness or lack or depression tries to come on you.

the way you gain control over your feelings is to:

1.resolve not to say anything that goes against what you know God has said - this will dramatically slow down the flow of deception into your ears
2.be very careful about what you listen to - pump the Word of God spoken in faith into your ears and reject anything or anyone who speaks against God's words until you have control over your feelings
3.this is really the key - if you do this steps 1 and 2 will be automatic and effortless - include God in your thoughts as much as you possibly can.

The devil is warring against you; the only power he has in your life are your own words (to convince you to speak words that go against God's words) - and the whole of the battle is in your mind.

God chose you, that means HE has faith in YOU - ALWAYS agree with Him!!!

pilgrimjo

May 10, 2011
Thank you for your insight. long or short, I can appreciate everything you have said. And I am taking these things into account.

I know that it's easy for people to call me "selfish" and "self absorbed" because of this. That's all well and good. But I can't help how I feel about this man. I now regret ever coming in contact with him, because I got attached to him, and he just dropped me like a bad habit--not like I am a human being. How could I not feel betrayed, when we became so close? Everyone is telling that I'm not concerned about his feelings. But it also feels like he is not concerned about mine. I have told him how sorry I am that I allowed things to get out of balance. Though it's like nothing I say is good enough for him to forgive me. How can you be a christian and just completely ignore a person who is in your presence? Not speak, not acknowledge my existence? That, to me, is not love either. If it is, it sure doesn't feel like it! How could he be so cold and lifeless towards me? That is what hurts

Hammerstone and others here have given you some good thoughts and scriptures on this. It is good that you are taking these things into account. This thread has been one in which we can all learn something about relationships and how we can over invest in them emotionally. From what you share it seems to me that your friend could take a moment to discuss this with you and not ignore you as if there was never a connection. My guess is that he didn't want to give you false hope or encouragement lest you read more into it. No doubt he also had feelings for you and that is likely why he has pulled away.

Dealing with the rejection and how this is affecting you is very important. If you don't deal with this now it will come up again in other relationships eventually until you do deal with it. And that applies to any kind of rejection. I have a loved one (actually a daughter) who rejected me sixteen years ago. I have not heard nor seen her since nor has she responded to efforts to communicate. There has been much to deal with in my feelings over this. Believe me there is nothing more painful than a child who leaves you. But prayer and God sustain..Of course, in this there is hope of her return to not only her orginal family but to God who she has also rejected. This is not your situation but I am writing this so you will know that we are not indifferent to your feelings here about being rejected by someone you love.

Continue to pray for your friend. There may be a healthy friendship eventually..but for now likely not. Meanwhile as you pray he will be brought to conviction about the way in which he walked away. God hears our prayers and always remember God will never leave you nor will he leave me or anyone who has suffered emotional pain over the actions of someone we felt close to. Helps me to read Psalm 139 (mainly the first part) ..to sense just how deeply God cares. Meanwhile..praying for you today.

<>< "Lord have mercy. Lord heal him."

peace and blessings..

SistrChristian

Jun 3, 2011
Wisconsin, USA
I have some thoughts to share. I want you to first know that my thoughts are not meant to be harsh, but to only possibly enlighten you from my perspective.

First I don’t know if you’re a male or female; your post is very confusing, but regardless whether you’re either or, the way it seems you have pursued this person is not proper; especially so if you’re a practicing homosexual. If you practice homosexuality that in itself is conveying a complete lack of respect for this person’s beliefs and lifestyle. If you’re heterosexual your actions still are pretty disrespectful; to both him and yourself.

I think one skill that perhaps you could work on that would highly benefit you is to really listen to people when they’re sharing themselves with you; in whatever capacity. I’m not sure why you chose to disregard this person, and their statements to you, but if you were really listening how could you miss it? If you did listen but simply didn’t care.. that unfortunately leads to more serious issues.

My concern apart from the previous is that you began attending his church. For every person that you meet and are attracted to… are you going to switch to their church? It almost seems like you’re using the church as a façade for romantic endeavors. This person telling you they love you is a Christian brother - conveying to a Christian brother or sister (you) - that they love you in Jesus Christ; they are not expressing a romantic love. There is nothing wrong with meeting someone in church for romance, but it should only happen with those that are serious children of God and when both seek marriage in their future. It can develop over time in friendship when two people begin to share that connection and then begin dating, or if the church sponsors activities for singles to meet one another. If you’re serious about God.. romantic endeavors will not take priority over that, and you will really know much better who is and is not a good match for you. Chemistry is nice between people; in all kinds of relationships, but when it comes to romance it can too easily mislead people away from everything else that is monumentally more important in their romantic prospects and relationships.

It is in my opinion that you should read the Bible as often as possible; have a relationship with God and allow the Holy Spirit to teach and guide you further, so that you may begin to develop your true self in Jesus Christ. Once you’re on your way it is then - in my opinion - that God will help you in meeting the right person in Christian Faith, and if you’re homosexual it will never be someone of the same sex. Wouldn’t it be terrible to be with someone - if they were available to you - to only find out too late that they are not right for you and you for them, and what if by then you’ve married; then you’ll really have problems. Just because two people are, or claim to be, Christian does not make them a romantic match. I’m not trying to teach you this as I’m sure you most likely know this logically, but I’m saying it as reinforcement.

Whenever you’re feeling like you do when you wrote this post take it to God immediately; pray and just talk with Him like He is your best friend, because He is. He will give you comfort and peace, and even for a short while until you become distracted… then pray and talk with Him again, and in time this will no longer be a distraction for you.

I don’t know anything about you and don’t assume anything that I’ve said as fact one way or the other in relation to you; I’m only replying based on the post you wrote.

I wish you well and God Bless

SistrChristian

Jun 3, 2011
Wisconsin, USA
I strongly disagree with you. The friend should be walking away; God is more important than being misled or brought into temptation. This friend did exactly what they should have, and has every right to stay at a great, if not a total, distance. Harboring romantic, and/or sexual, feelings under the guise of a Christian friendship is completely wrong and deceiving; whether intentional or not. The friend - based on the post - is serious and faithful in his relationship with God, and is completely right in how he is handling this.

I apologize as this is my first reply to a reply, but my seond reply in this thread was to this author and what was said, and can be found and read right before this posted reply.

Hammerstone and others here have given you some good thoughts and scriptures on this. It is good that you are taking these things into account. This thread has been one in which we can all learn something about relationships and how we can over invest in them emotionally. From what you share it seems to me that your friend could take a moment to discuss this with you and not ignore you as if there was never a connection. My guess is that he didn't want to give you false hope or encouragement lest you read more into it. No doubt he also had feelings for you and that is likely why he has pulled away.

Dealing with the rejection and how this is affecting you is very important. If you don't deal with this now it will come up again in other relationships eventually until you do deal with it. And that applies to any kind of rejection. I have a loved one (actually a daughter) who rejected me sixteen years ago. I have not heard nor seen her since nor has she responded to efforts to communicate. There has been much to deal with in my feelings over this. Believe me there is nothing more painful than a child who leaves you. But prayer and God sustain..Of course, in this there is hope of her return to not only her orginal family but to God who she has also rejected. This is not your situation but I am writing this so you will know that we are not indifferent to your feelings here about being rejected by someone you love.

Continue to pray for your friend. There may be a healthy friendship eventually..but for now likely not. Meanwhile as you pray he will be brought to conviction about the way in which he walked away. God hears our prayers and always remember God will never leave you nor will he leave me or anyone who has suffered emotional pain over the actions of someone we felt close to. Helps me to read Psalm 139 (mainly the first part) ..to sense just how deeply God cares. Meanwhile..praying for you today.

<>< "Lord have mercy. Lord heal him."

peace and blessings..

Oops incorrect. This site is different from others I'm familiar with when posting. My reply - as mentioned below - two posts before this one is not the reply in question; the one right before this post is,. Anyway I'm probably more confusing now. Sorry.

I strongly disagree with you. The friend should be walking away; God is more important than being misled or brought into temptation. This friend did exactly what they should have, and has every right to stay at a great, if not a total, distance. Harboring romantic, and/or sexual, feelings under the guise of a Christian friendship is completely wrong and deceiving; whether intentional or not. The friend - based on the post - is serious and faithful in his relationship with God, and is completely right in how he is handling this.

I apologize as this is my first reply to a reply, but my seond reply in this thread was to this author and what was said, and can be found and read right before this posted reply.

pilgrimjo

May 10, 2011

Oops incorrect. This site is different from others I'm familiar with when posting. My reply - as mentioned below - two posts before this one is not the reply in question; the one right before this post is,. Anyway I'm probably more confusing now. Sorry.

No one said the friend shouldn't have walked away. Also may I suggest you always read through all the posts before replying so not to jump to conclusions too quickly before you post and especially before you go on the offensive. It makes for much better communication. :)

SistrChristian

Jun 3, 2011
Wisconsin, USA
Actually someone very much did conclude that the person that walked away was wrong for doing so, and I replied accordingly. Perhaps you should have read that post before jumping to assumptions, and if you did read it then your comprehension is off. Also it is not my responsibility to read through all of the posts before replying; when I'm replying to the author's orginal post it is that post I'm replying to. If I feel like it and want to read, and/or reply to, other replies I will do so, but it will most certainly be my choice and at my discretion.

No one said the friend shouldn't have walked away. Also may I suggest you always read through all the posts before replying so not to jump to conclusions too quickly before you post and especially before you go on the offensive. It makes for much better communication. :)

Fire-7

Feb 8, 2011
To be fair to him, he didn't know (for sure) that I was homosexual when he told me he used to be... He said he was shring it because G-d had him to share it. He assumed I was a christian practicing a hidden sin, but he didn't know what it was. until he saw my reaction after he told me. He did, however said that he kind of suspected something for a while, when he would see me around on campus (before we knew of eachother), but it was more of an intuitive connection than anything.

I think that by the time I called him that same night, he knew why he had shared that info with me. But we told me he was waiting for me to confess it--which he assumed would free me ("...made free by the words of our testimony...") and set me on the path to deliverence. He then shared some of his expereiences, not in graffic detail, but in vivid enough detail for me to be mentally aroused by it. I admit that this was probably what planted the seed of lust within myself--even though I had already had a subtle sexual attraction to him prior to all of this. We shared other experiences a different times. But I probably enjoyed hearing them more than he did telling them.

I also have to correct myself. To say that we talked every hour is an exaggeration. I wasn't a steady hour on the hour. It was at frequent but random times, mostly texting throughout the day but not every hour. We did talk over the phone almost every night, or at least one of us would call the other just to say "good night." Half of those times, we would end up on the phone for 1 to 3 hours...mostly discussing scriptural matters...though sometimes listening to eachother breathe. It did kind of confuse (for lack of better term) me. Because one moment he would be praying and speaking in tongues, and the next moment I would get the feeling that we were being intimate. He wasn't saying anything inappropriate; it's just the way it felt or seemed. And one time, if I'm not mistaken, I do remember him addressing me "hello my love," which did kind of make me wonder for a second but I didn't think much about. We would've definitely spoken from midnight until the sun came up, if I had unlimited minutes on my phone. He liked talking to me and didn't want me to hang up. I kept promising him I would get the unlimited plan on my phone just so we could talk all night long. The ironic thing is that, when I finally did get unlimited time, he has switched into not interested in you anymore mode all of a sudden.

And our last latenight conversation, which only happened because I told him we needed to talk, only lasted about 10 mins, where he spent about 5 praying a warfare prayer over me, rebuking the spirit of homosexuality and telling me that he was only talking to me under the comission of the H-ly Ghost, and he had nothing else to say to me...that he would like to hang up if it was ok with me. Well, I don't know if you've ever been taking a warm shower, and all of sudden, the water turns ice cold. But that is exactly what I felt. I don't know what had happen but I just felt that something had turned off in him. I think that's why I decided to tell him how attractive he was. I thought that maybe it would get his attention; and it did--just not the attention I expected.

I was honestly bewildered! And I still am. I did get to see him last night at bible study at his pastor's home. He did call me, because he picked me up, so I guess he had no choice but to call me and let me know he was outside. I sat next to him in bible study, and he did tell me goodbye when he left for home. So I do feel better now that he is at least speaking to me. So maybe this is an open door to eventually sit down at some point and have a conversation with him in person, and bring some kind of reconciliation or closure? But I am juggling this idea and maybe the idea of turning the table and ignoring him from now on and pretending he doesn't exist--as to not open myself up for rejection again. I don't want to get my hopes up.

I don't just lust after this guy. And I don't like to abuse/misuse the "L" word. But I really do appreciate him and care for him as a person--so much so that I would consider it a tragedy to lose him as a friend. But, in any case or outcome, I just hope that I can at least sit down and have an open and honest, straight forward conversation with him so that both of us can get some true mutual understanding and closure...when it is the right time.

SistrChristian

Jun 3, 2011
Wisconsin, USA
Yes and oh my.. that someone was you that I later replied to. I was wondering about your intentions, and Iooks like I have more reason to do so. Please keep in mind that some of us here actually do know the Bible, and we're not going to be taken in deception. For now I wish to not have any further direct contact with you. Have a good night.

pilgrimjo

May 10, 2011
Yes and oh my.. that someone was you that I later replied to. I was wondering about your intentions, and Iooks like I have more reason to do so. Please keep in mind that some of us here actually do know the Bible, and we're not going to be taken in deception. For now I wish to not have any further direct contact with you. Have a good night.

This is what I said to the poster: " From what you share it seems to me that your friend could take a moment to discuss this with you and not ignore you as if there was never a connection. My guess is that he didn't want to give you false hope or encouragement lest you read more into it. No doubt he also had feelings for you and that is likely why he has pulled away." Again, I repeat, I did not say that the friend should not have walked away. My point was that there could have been a kinder way; but who knows for sure maybe this was the only way to do what needed to be done. And since you imply I don't know the bible it would be good and kind of you to take a moment to read my post .#14. Oh, Lord, please give mercy and understanding here for the sake of all and let us be about the love of Jesus shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Spirit.

discipleHelovestoo

May 14, 2011
To be fair to him, he didn't know (for sure) that I was homosexual when he told me he used to be... He said he was shring it because G-d had him to share it. He assumed I was a christian practicing a hidden sin, but he didn't know what it was. until he saw my reaction after he told me. He did, however said that he kind of suspected something for a while, when he would see me around on campus (before we knew of eachother), but it was more of an intuitive connection than anything.

I think that by the time I called him that same night, he knew why he had shared that info with me. But we told me he was waiting for me to confess it--which he assumed would free me ("...made free by the words of our testimony...") and set me on the path to deliverence. He then shared some of his expereiences, not in graffic detail, but in vivid enough detail for me to be mentally aroused by it. I admit that this was probably what planted the seed of lust within myself--even though I had already had a subtle sexual attraction to him prior to all of this. We shared other experiences a different times. But I probably enjoyed hearing them more than he did telling them.

I also have to correct myself. To say that we talked every hour is an exaggeration. I wasn't a steady hour on the hour. It was at frequent but random times, mostly texting throughout the day but not every hour. We did talk over the phone almost every night, or at least one of us would call the other just to say "good night." Half of those times, we would end up on the phone for 1 to 3 hours...mostly discussing scriptural matters...though sometimes listening to eachother breathe. It did kind of confuse (for lack of better term) me. Because one moment he would be praying and speaking in tongues, and the next moment I would get the feeling that we were being intimate. He wasn't saying anything inappropriate; it's just the way it felt or seemed. And one time, if I'm not mistaken, I do remember him addressing me "hello my love," which did kind of make me wonder for a second but I didn't think much about. We would've definitely spoken from midnight until the sun came up, if I had unlimited minutes on my phone. He liked talking to me and didn't want me to hang up. I kept promising him I would get the unlimited plan on my phone just so we could talk all night long. The ironic thing is that, when I finally did get unlimited time, he has switched into not interested in you anymore mode all of a sudden.

And our last latenight conversation, which only happened because I told him we needed to talk, only lasted about 10 mins, where he spent about 5 praying a warfare prayer over me, rebuking the spirit of homosexuality and telling me that he was only talking to me under the comission of the H-ly Ghost, and he had nothing else to say to me...that he would like to hang up if it was ok with me. Well, I don't know if you've ever been taking a warm shower, and all of sudden, the water turns ice cold. But that is exactly what I felt. I don't know what had happen but I just felt that something had turned off in him. I think that's why I decided to tell him how attractive he was. I thought that maybe it would get his attention; and it did--just not the attention I expected.

I was honestly bewildered! And I still am. I did get to see him last night at bible study at his pastor's home. He did call me, because he picked me up, so I guess he had no choice but to call me and let me know he was outside. I sat next to him in bible study, and he did tell me goodbye when he left for home. So I do feel better now that he is at least speaking to me. So maybe this is an open door to eventually sit down at some point and have a conversation with him in person, and bring some kind of reconciliation or closure? But I am juggling this idea and maybe the idea of turning the table and ignoring him from now on and pretending he doesn't exist--as to not open myself up for rejection again. I don't want to get my hopes up.

I don't just lust after this guy. And I don't like to abuse/misuse the "L" word. But I really do appreciate him and care for him as a person--so much so that I would consider it a tragedy to lose him as a friend. But, in any case or outcome, I just hope that I can at least sit down and have an open and honest, straight forward conversation with him so that both of us can get some true mutual understanding and closure...when it is the right time.

Thank God He's selfless toward you - try focusing on getting your relationship needs met by God alone and you won't be consumed by how people treat you - you'll only want them to know the God who is more than enough for you all by Himself - your focus will shift from what you need to what they need - and your fruitful relationships will multiply.

Man, ALMIGHTY GOD loves you unconditionally - show Him some respect for that - focus on HIM! Tell us what HE means to you, and you'll magnify Him in your mind and experiences like this will begin to shrink to insignificance!

Robbie

Jan 4, 2011
Huntington Beeach
The guy doesn't like dong anymore... you do... and you came on to him... so he's over you... get over it...

and by the way... it's super normal even in the heterosexual world that if you're not into someone and they come on to you that you distance yourself from them... add to that it being someone of the same sex... and add to that the guy used to be gay and doesn't want to be that anymore... so dude... what are you tripping on? Of course he wants nothing to do with you anymore... he probably feels super uncomfortable every time he sees you.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The guy doesn't like dong anymore... you do... and you came on to him... so he's over you... get over it...

I just spit food across the room, I am laughing so hard......LOL

Can you stop by my office, sometime? I think your direct approach might help some of my chronic clients......

Comm.Arnold

Apr 7, 2011
Comm.Arnold, who are you referring to in this post? :huh: Fire 7 is a man, not a woman. If you have not read the OP then I encourage to do so, so that we are all on the same page.

Blessings and have a great day!
Angelina
Moderation Team

Oh my well then I will gladly forget posting in this thread thanks fir the update.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
I know that I will get a lot of flack for this. But I know I won't get much sleep tonight until I get this off my chest.

I can't explain the situation detail for detail. But I posted a couple months ago about a christian brother who I had a crush on, in the "christian club." I got over him, to a degree, when a few weeks ago, I ran into this other brother from the group, as I was walking out of the library of the college, on my way home.

It was him and a couple of others just talking. This brother had caught my attention earlier, because of his seriousness about the faith. There was a maturity about him that I admired. And here I was running into him. We discussed some random things and ended up on the subject of the H-ly Spirit. Then he dropped the bomb--almost out of nowhere, that he used to be a homosexual...

To make a long story short, we developed a report, and I have been visiting his church over the past couple of weeks. We have stayed up late nights on the phone. He was incredibly warm to me to begin with. I was surprised that he remembered my name after the first time meeting me--when it was in the midst of such a large group, and spoke to me as he was driving down the road, and I couldn't even remember his. He would always speak to me, and I could fel the love coming from him. We made such a wonderful connection that day though. He shared his testimony that night over the phone, and it's just about identical to mine. So, he was trying to be a witness to me that I can be "delivered" from homosexuality.

He would tell me he loved me often, which just felt amazing. It felt pure. But eventually, I began to develop feelings for him, and eventually, he stopped tellin me he loved me. I expressed to him how important it was to hear it coming from him and how much it meant to me. But the more I stressed it, the less he expressed it. He felt that our relationship was becoming impure. I would drop little hints here and there, and we almost started borderline flirting over the phone. And he started calling less and less. The other night, I dropped a bomb on him when I told him how attracted I was to him and how beautiful I thought he was. He responded harshly and told me that he wouldn't tolerate scuh convesation, and that we could no longer talk over the phone after dark. I told him that I didn't understand how he could be so uptight, but that he, out of all people, should understand me. He responded that he does understand, but that he is very serious about his salvation and sanctification.

That was the last time he texted me in about 2 or 3 days, while I have called his phone, and sent him several long messages pouring my heart out. And today, I apologized, repented, and explained to him how sorry I am and how much I appreciate his friendship. But I've gotten no response at all. It has gone from us texting and talking on the phone almost every hour on the hour, in the beginning, to us not talking at all.

I just think to myself that this is another perfectly good relationship that I have ruined! I feel that I am toxic. Every single relationship or friendship that I have, I make an art out of messing it up! I always come off as too desperate. But this was one relationship that I thought would last. I only prove to myself over and over again that I am horrible at relating to people. But this particular one has reinforced and magnified all of my feelings of isolation, betrayal, rejection, and abandonement. I feel that he has done all of it, because he knws how I feel about thee things. Out of all people, he was supposed to understand me. I am confused and at a loss for thoughts as to how he could turn such a cold shoulder toward me after everything we have shared in such a short amount of time. He has fed me and given me the shoes off of his feet. But now, I can't help but feel that he hates me.

Based on your witness, I just don't see anything that you did that was wrong!

He pursued, and then you in time responded, which the way you explained it, you were not pushy.

You simply responded to his approach in time, and started showing your affection in return, when HE got 'scared'. That's how I see it based on what you've written. Not YOUR fault, looks like he was the one afraid for the relationship to naturally develop any deeper.

In my era, it was a no-no for the girl to reveal her inner feelings to a boy until they had been dating for a long... time. It was a no-no for the girl to ask the guy out for date, or even to call him first, or even pass messages through a friend to the guy to let him know your interests. Doing those things were signs of forwardness, looseness on the girl's part.

For someone that was real shy (like myself), it was tough. I lost because of it. A girl my same age I used to play with over my aunt's neighbor's when we were little, like 5-7 years old, kind of grew apart by the time we were in high school. I had always had a special place for her in my heart. But as we got older, she got really beautiful and popular in school. I wasn't popular (and really didn't care if I was). But she always said hi on the way to classes and was cordial, never forward. She became homecoming queen, majorette, active in several school clubs, and I never felt I was good enough for her. So I never pursued her; didn't feel I was good enough for her, but I should have at least tried.

Six years after high school, I came back home from overseas in the military, it was winter and I was bored, and my mother mentioned that she was still at home living at her folks house, she had gone through college and worked in the local court system. She had never married, but still beautiful, and her mannerisms were truly majestic like a real queen in how she carried herself, just as before. I got up courage and called her up, and we went to a movie. It was then that she asked me why I never asked her out on a date before... I melted (figuratively, inside).

I had always wanted to ask her on a date all throughout high school, but never thought I was good enough for her, that she simply was way above my class (not that I didn't come from a respectable home, for I did, a fine Christian upbringing mainly by my mother and grandmother). My answer to her wasn't honest. I basically lied to her instead of telling her the real truth (that I didn't think I was good enough). When I took her home after the movie, she gave me a long loving kiss, and then she refused to go out with me again.

I went back in time, and starting remembering if she had been serious about anyone during high school, going steady, etc. Nothing. I don't recall her being serious about anyone during that time, which would explain why she was still living with her folks after I returned from overseas. She was too beautiful and with a great warm personality to not have some lucky fellow constantly after her. Then I looked in my senior yearbook of the friends that signed it in the leafs. And inside, somewhere in the middle of the yearbook, all alone, I found where she had signed my yearbook. Her words made me melt again, for she had intentionally hid that in the middle as private, saying how she missed me and loved me very much. And then all I could think was, "boy, did I screw up." Thinking back, I truly believe that God had meant for us to make a life together.

So I don't know how you gals today reveal your feelings to a guy you really care about, someone you may have known for years, but in knowing someone for years and the guy still hasn't made a move, you may need to, somehow, respectfully like how a queen would be discreet. Life is too short to play love games like in the movies. I believe The Lord puts a mate He has chosen for us in our path at some point in our lives. It might be while young (like I think it was in mine, yet I blew it), and for others, it might not happen until later in life.

So for you guys, if you truly feel interested in someone you've known for a while, don't wait. Ask her out, for that's the only way you're going to find out if she's the right one for you. It doesn't matter yours or her status of birth.

Fire-7

Feb 8, 2011

and by the way... it's super normal even in the heterosexual world that if you're not into someone and they come on to you that you distance yourself from them... add to that it being someone of the same sex... and add to that the guy used to be gay and doesn't want to be that anymore... so dude... what are you tripping on? Of course he wants nothing to do with you anymore... he probably feels super uncomfortable every time he sees you.

It's easy for someone looking from the outside in on this matter, to say "Get over it." And if it was that simple, I would have gotten over it. I wouldn't even pursue someone who I thought there was no chance with. You don't know every word that was said or every gesture that was given, or every emotion that was exchanged, so of course it's going to be easy for you to be sarcastic and cynical. To me, it's not so simple.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's easy for someone looking from the outside in on this matter, to say "Get over it." And if it was that simple, I would have gotten over it. I wouldn't even pursue someone who I thought there was no chance with. You don't know every word that was said or every gesture that was given, or every emotion that was exchanged, so of course it's going to be easy for you to be sarcastic and cynical. To me, it's not so simple.

I think Hollywood has done us a real disservice in the area of relationships. They have consistently fed us the idea that feelings are purer or more authentic than thought; it is not true. This guy may have been feeling strong emotions for you - it doesn't mean he really, deep down wants to be with you. The fact is, the guy wants to pursue a different way of life, regardless of his feelings for other men. A person's mind, emotions, and will must be in agreement before they can make a decision - if one of those areas of the person is in conflict, he will resent you either now or later, You need to do what you need to do in order to move on with your life. Regardless of what messages you picked up from him - he doesn't owe you anything.

Fire-7

Feb 8, 2011
I think Hollywood has done us a real disservice in the area of relationships. They have consistently fed us the idea that feelings are purer or more authentic than thought; it is not true. This guy may have been feeling strong emotions for you - it doesn't mean he really, deep down wants to be with you. The fact is, the guy wants to pursue a different way of life, regardless of his feelings for other men. A person's mind, emotions, and will must be in agreement before they can make a decision - if one of those areas of the person is in conflict, he will resent you either now or later, You need to do what you need to do in order to move on with your life. Regardless of what messages you picked up from him - he doesn't owe you anything.

No one really owes anyone anything. This is an every-man-for-himself, get-in-where-you-it-in world. So why any of us build bonds with anyone is irrational, I suppose. Maybe I was doing the right thing by being introverted, antisocial, self centered and only thinking about the moment. Maybe no one does matter in this world but ME, because I don't owe anyone anything. Maybe I really should not trust anyone in this world or befriend anyone, but be a total hermit and forget about other human beings--what they feel or think, and just be the master of my own fate...because I don't owe anyone anything.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No one really owes anyone anything. This is an every-man-for-himself, get-in-where-you-it-in world. So why any of us build bonds with anyone is irrational, I suppose. Maybe I was doing the right thing by being introverted, antisocial, self centered and only thinking about the moment. Maybe no one does matter in this world but ME, because I don't owe anyone anything. Maybe I really should not trust anyone in this world or befriend anyone, but be a total hermit and forget about other human beings--what they feel or think, and just be the master of my own fate...because I don't owe anyone anything.

Is that your only choice? You'll be happy or miserable? Giving or out to take it all for yourself?

I think everyone feels like this when they are hurt or disappointed.

Finding someone to share your life with is not easy - there are a lot of people out there that are in your shoes. Sharing in a healthy way requires two people who are whole persons to begin with - neither one needs the other; instead, they just want to be together.

Someone is out there for you - but if you force it, you will get hurt or settle for a crappy relationship.

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

But put ye on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make not provision for the flesh, to fulfil the lusts thereof. - Romans 13:14
And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts. - Galatians 5:24
But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up. - 2 Peter 3:10

My dear friend... This world is toast! God is going to disassociate the matter back into energy and the light and it will be returned to him! In 100 years... All of this is not going to matter anyway! The only thing that will matter will be your relationship with Jesus Christ!

For all flesh is as grass, and all the glory of man as the flower of grass. The grass withereth, and the flower thereof falleth away: - 1 Peter 1:24

Listen to how God mocks man! Yes people can enjoy the pleasures of the flesh... But it is all too soon going to come to an end! Hold on to Jesus Christ dear young one and he will show you an eternal glory! Get free from the (short lived) lusts of and opinions of this world!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLqafYWE4A0