It Hurts So Much

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

discipleHelovestoo

May 14, 2011
It's easy for someone looking from the outside in on this matter, to say "Get over it." And if it was that simple, I would have gotten over it. I wouldn't even pursue someone who I thought there was no chance with. You don't know every word that was said or every gesture that was given, or every emotion that was exchanged, so of course it's going to be easy for you to be sarcastic and cynical. To me, it's not so simple.

this has nothing to do with homosexuality - this applies to any form of deception - you are a new creature in Christ - you are not homosexual - but you have not renewed your mind to this truth because you have not died to yourself - you have not put yourself last behind God and then other people in your list of 'those who matter most'. everyone suffers from deception of some form to some degree, no one in a flesh body has fully renewed their mind - there's nothing special or exceedingly powerful about this form of deception called homosexuality. 'As a man thinks in his heart, so is he' - you believe you are homosexual, and that's why you are.

the answer is so simple a child can understand it; if you are reborn in Christ, then your belief in God's word (faith) overcomes your world, including homosexuality - period. If you truly can't understand this, then you are not reborn in Christ - so receive God's free gift of spiritual rebirth and the faith to overcome your world, and become a new creature. once you've received this transformation of spirit from God, you will be able to change your focus from how things affect you to how you can die to yourself and let Jesus live through you by ministering to others as a priority over getting what you think you need from them.

said another way, if you will simply stop thinking about yourself and focus on God and others, you will eventually see the truth that no one who is reborn in Christ is homosexual including you.

look back through your posts here and quote anything that is selfless - anything that indicates that helping this man know God better is what's important to you - i don't think you can - so change your focus - and if you can't, then receive God's free gift of spiritual rebirth by resolving in your mind that you will believe God no matter what - and your life WILL begin to change.

God chose you because He has faith in YOU - agree with Him!!!

GLY!!!

Fire-7

Feb 8, 2011
this has nothing to do with homosexuality - this applies to any form of deception - you are a new creature in Christ - you are not homosexual - but you have not renewed your mind to this truth because you have not died to yourself - you have not put yourself last behind God and then other people in your list of 'those who matter most'. everyone suffers from deception of some form to some degree, no one in a flesh body has fully renewed their mind - there's nothing special or exceedingly powerful about this form of deception called homosexuality. 'As a man thinks in his heart, so is he' - you believe you are homosexual, and that's why you are.

the answer is so simple a child can understand it; if you are reborn in Christ, then your belief in God's word (faith) overcomes your world, including homosexuality - period. If you truly can't understand this, then you are not reborn in Christ - so receive God's free gift of spiritual rebirth and the faith to overcome your world, and become a new creature. once you've received this transformation of spirit from God, you will be able to change your focus from how things affect you to how you can die to yourself and let Jesus live through you by ministering to others as a priority over getting what you think you need from them.

said another way, if you will simply stop thinking about yourself and focus on God and others, you will eventually see the truth that no one who is reborn in Christ is homosexual including you.

look back through your posts here and quote anything that is selfless - anything that indicates that helping this man know God better is what's important to you - i don't think you can - so change your focus - and if you can't, then receive God's free gift of spiritual rebirth by resolving in your mind that you will believe God no matter what - and your life WILL begin to change.

God chose you because He has faith in YOU - agree with Him!!!

GLY!!!

Thank you for your thorough post. And I would like to believe that you are genuine in what you have said. But I will say this like I said in another thread.

I am homosexual; it's not a label that I put on myself or something that I think I am. My orientation is simply homosexual--and yes: I was BORN this way...the same as you were born heterosexual. You, being hetero, have no choice in your orientation. The only "choice" you do have is as to whether you want to experience your heterosexuality or not. But the attraction is still there, has been, and will always be. There isn't anything I can say to you to get you to understand me, because your brain is literally wired differently (search this out scientifically for yourself if you wish). And this is why there seems to be no point of reconing with this issue.

If you really have the Spirit of Truth, then this Spirit is the only thing that can enlighten you on the matter. Since we are using scriptures, the bible says that the anointing breaks the yoke. Unless what you're saying is breaking someone free from what you perceive to be bondage, then everything you are doing and saying is in vain. The bible also says that we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities and other spiritual forces.

I can say that almost everytime I hear (or read) someone preach against homosexuality, I feel personally like I'm being attacked, picked on, and belittled. I know you will say that it is "conviction," but I beg to differ. The only reason I feel this way is because of frustration! It's frustrating to me to be misunderstood. And to hear preachers from the pulpit telling me I'm "disgusting," "gross," "evil," "rebellious," a "sissy," a "punk," a "faggot" (yes, these words have come across many pulpits)... I'll tell you how it feels to me. It makes me not want G-d's presence, but rather makes me want to run from such a biased dictator. It makes me not trust G-d. It makes me think that G-d is a cold, insensitive, heartless, narcissistic, egomaniacal, cruel, deranged, schizophrenic psychopath! Call it irreverent or disrespectful to think this about G-d, but this is precisely how He is appears to me. If these men and women are His mouthpieces, then they are the revelation of G-d. And while no one in their right mind wants to go to hell--I certainly don't!--no one in their right mind would want to submit themselves to such a tyrant either; that would make Heaven as bad as Hell, if not worse.

This is my honest perception, as a homosexual who did not ask for this orientation, but was given it by the same G-d who condemns me for it.

discipleHelovestoo

May 14, 2011
Thank you for your thorough post. And I would like to believe that you are genuine in what you have said. But I will say this like I said in another thread.

I am homosexual; it's not a label that I put on myself or something that I think I am. My orientation is simply homosexual--and yes: I was BORN this way...the same as you were born heterosexual. You, being hetero, have no choice in your orientation. The only "choice" you do have is as to whether you want to experience your heterosexuality or not. But the attraction is still there, has been, and will always be. There isn't anything I can say to you to get you to understand me, because your brain is literally wired differently (search this out scientifically for yourself if you wish). And this is why there seems to be no point of reconing with this issue.

If you really have the Spirit of Truth, then this Spirit is the only thing that can enlighten you on the matter. Since we are using scriptures, the bible says that the anointing breaks the yoke. Unless what you're saying is breaking someone free from what you perceive to be bondage, then everything you are doing and saying is in vain. The bible also says that we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities and other spiritual forces.

I can say that almost everytime I hear (or read) someone preach against homosexuality, I feel personally like I'm being attacked, picked on, and belittled. I know you will say that it is "conviction," but I beg to differ. The only reason I feel this way is because of frustration! It's frustrating to me to be misunderstood. And to hear preachers from the pulpit telling me I'm "disgusting," "gross," "evil," "rebellious," a "sissy," a "punk," a "faggot" (yes, these words have come across many pulpits)... I'll tell you how it feels to me. It makes me not want G-d's presence, but rather makes me want to run from such a biased dictator. It makes me not trust G-d. It makes me think that G-d is a cold, insensitive, heartless, narcissistic, egomaniacal, cruel, deranged, schizophrenic psychopath! Call it irreverent or disrespectful to think this about G-d, but this is precisely how He is appears to me. If these men and women are His mouthpieces, then they are the revelation of G-d. And while no one in their right mind wants to go to hell--I certainly don't!--no one in their right mind would want to submit themselves to such a tyrant either; that would make Heaven as bad as Hell, if not worse.

This is my honest perception, as a homosexual who did not ask for this orientation, but was given it by the same G-d who condemns me for it.

i have used none of those slurs in my posts to you - nor have I condemned you - and most importantly God is not condemning you either (John 8). you can't 'stop that homosexuality' any more than a sick person can 'stop that being sick' - it's God's role to heal, save deliver. what i'm trying to help you understand is that God has already released the power, but it's up to you to believe that and receive it - just like being reborn - you have to believe Him that He's already died in your place as your substitute, paying the price for all your sins - past, present and future; you have to believe that you now have His righteousness - His 'rightness' - this flies against everything the natural world and even your own body and soul would tell you - as you received Christ Jesus, so walk ye in Him - in order to receive your deliverance from homosexuality you must first change what you think.

I have no doubt that you believe that you were made homosexual by God; 'as a man thinks in his heart, so is he'. But there's nothing that i know of in scripture to justify this belief - do you know of any scripture that would indicate that God makes some people to be homosexual?

while the battle is against principalities and powers, it is fought by casting down thoughts and imaginations that raise themselves against the knowledge of God - and this knowledge comes through scripture. if you can believe in a virgin birth; in resurrection of a dead Jesus, then why is it impossible for you to believe that you are a new creature in Christ, free from homosexuality?

even if you were 'born homosexual' (and I'm not saying anyone is) - you are 'reborn' in the likeness of Christ - in whom is no unbelief. however this rebirth happens in your spirit - if you were overweight in your body before you were reborn in your spirit, you'll still be overweight after being reborn in your spirit. if you were shy in your mind before you were reborn in Christ, you'll still be shy after being reborn in Christ - in order to see change in your body and soul you have to renew your mind to what has happened in your spirit; and this renewing is accomplished through fellowship with God by trusting in His Word.

the 'man born blind' (John 9) was reborn in the likeness of Christ as one who sees; the man with the withered hand (Matthew 12) was reborn in Christ with two good hands.

consider what Jesus said to the man who had suffered for 38 years with an infirmity that prevented him from walking (John 5:5); Jesus asked him "Wilt thou be made whole?"

the man must have thought Jesus was nuts - why would He ask such a question? i think it was to help the man realize that this was not God's will or His doing; it was to bring the man to the decision of whether or not is was even possible that he could be made whole.

Jesus is asking you this same question right now - "Wilt thou be made whole?" - how will you answer?

GLY!!!

Groundzero

Not Afraid To Stand
Jul 20, 2011
Australia

If you really want to change, you can. I am not going to get into a crazy debate over whether we are born homosexual or not. According to Scripture, it is an unnatural affection. If you know that it is a sin in God's eyes, then change it! Change it through Jesus! We can do ALL things through Christ! Do whatever you must to change it, victory at all costs. If not, you must pay the consequences.

"You ask, what is our aim? I can answer in one word: It is victory, victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory, however long and hard the road may be" - Winston Churchill

P.S. The God who condemns you can either be your saviour or your judge. You choose.

Yet another P.S. You are no doubt thinking that I know absolutely nothing. I can tell you now, that I have contact with homosexuals. I can assure you that I do NOT hate any of them.