It is not in the bible.....sola scripture

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I simply recognize - as Christ Himself does (Matt. 16:18, John 17:20-23), that there is only ONE Body - not 50,000 or so perpetually-splintering sects all teaching different doctrines.
YEs there is one Body but your church is just one of many splinterd denomination,s. You cant divide Christ by mens religions, We are a part of His church, His body because of Him and what He did, not because of men and there religions,

If you dont like it go tell Him.

Have you not read

Joh 14:5 Thomas saith unto him, Lord, we know not whither thou goest; and how can we know the way?
Joh 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

And so we follow Christ because

Joh 10:26 But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.
Joh 10:27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
Joh 10:28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
Joh 10:29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

and

Joh 10:1 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.
Joh 10:2 But he that entereth in by the door is the shepherd of the sheep.
Joh 10:3 To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out.
Joh 10:4 And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.
Joh 10:5 And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
YEs there is one Body but your church is just one of many splinterd denomination,s. You cant divide Christ by mens religions, We are a part of His church, His body because of Him and what He did, not because of men and there religions,
If you dont like it go tell Him.
Have you not read

Joh 14:5 Thomas saith unto him, Lord, we know not whither thou goest; and how can we know the way?
Joh 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

And so we follow Christ because

Joh 10:26 But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.
Joh 10:27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
Joh 10:28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
Joh 10:29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

and

Joh 10:1 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.
Joh 10:2 But he that entereth in by the door is the shepherd of the sheep.
Joh 10:3 To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out.
Joh 10:4 And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.
Joh 10:5 And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers.
No - YOU follow the "generals" over at "aggressivechristianity.net" - a cult that wasn't even in existence until 1980.
I belong to Christ's Church that goes all the way back to the Apostles.

Listen - you can whine all you want about this but it is the ONLY Church that can prove it.
While the Apostle John was still alive - his student, Ignatius of Antioch wrote 7 letters on the way to his martyrdom in Rome. Here is an excerpt of one of those letters:

Ignatius of Antioch
Follow your bishop, every one of you, as obediently as Jesus Christ followed the Father. Obey your clergy too as you would the apostles; give your deacons the same reverence that you would to a command of God. Make sure that no step affecting the Church is ever taken by anyone without the bishop’s sanction. The sole Eucharist you should consider valid is one that is celebrated by the bishop himself, or by some person authorized by him. Where the bishop is to be seen, there let all his people be; just as, wherever Jesus Christ is present, there is the CATHOLIC CHURCH (Letter to the Smyrneans 8:2 [A.D. 110]).

Funny - he doesn't mention the Lutherans or the Calvinists or the Presbyterians or the Baptists or the Methodists or the Pentecostals or Aggressivechristianity.net. He speaks of the Body of Christ as being the Catholic Church.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
which then clouds your interpretation as you are doing here imo. Haven't you just condemned every believer who is not Catholic?
Nope.
It's not for me or you to condemn anybody. I merely stated that I don't want to be part of a rebellious sect.
I would rather serve the Lord in His Church.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
amen, but the problem might be that you are convinced the Body is contained completely within the RCC, and refuse to entertain any other perspectives.
Christ is not divided and neither can His Body be divided.

He prayed fervently at the Last Supper that His Church remain ONE - as He and the Father are ONE (John 17:20-23). Do you honestly believe that He wold sanction almost 50,000 disjointed and perpetually-splintering bodies??

If you believe that - then you have made Him out to be a liar and nothing else . . .

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Do you honestly believe that He wold sanction almost 50,000 disjointed and perpetually-splintering bodies??
50,000? I think the Lord sanctioned as many as will manifest Christ; but then i have a different def of "Church" than you i guess.
If you believe that - then you have made Him out to be a liar and nothing else
imo if you believe "Church" = "RCC" rather than "Living Stones" you might have a bigger log anyway wadr.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
well, define "Church" though. Because wadr i don't think that word means what you think it means
This is the BIBLICAL definition of what Christ's Church is:

- Jesus established ONE Church (Matt. 16:16-19). He prayed fervently that this Church remain ONE - as He and the Father are ONE (John 17:20-23). There is NO other.

- Jesus is Truth itself (John 14:6).

- Jesus promised His Church that the Holy Spirit would guide her to ALL Truth (John 16:12-15).

- The Church is the Pillar and Foundation of Truth (1 Tim. 3:15).

- The Church is the Body of Christ and He is the Head (1 Cor. 12:12-31, Eph. 4:3-6, Col. 1:8).

- The Church is the FULLNESS of Christ (Eph. 1:22-23).

- Jesus identifies His very SELF with His Church (Acts 9:4-5).

- Jesus gave the Church supreme Authority on earth and whatever it ordains on earth is also ordained in heaven (Matt. 16:18-19, 18:15-18, Luke 10:16, John 20:21-23).

That's what the Church is.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
50,000? I think the Lord sanctioned as many as will manifest Christ; but then i have a different def of "Church" than you i guess.

imo if you believe "Church" = "RCC" rather than "Living Stones" you might have a bigger log anyway wadr.
And what is YOUR definition of what Christ's Church is? Make sure it harmonizes with Scripture.
Don't cherry-pick - but show that the context of Scripture supports your definition like I did. I gave no less that 13 passages that ALL harmonize . . .

Also - show me where in Scripture Jesus sanctioned more than ONE Church. I already showed you where He only sanctioned ONE.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
No - YOU follow the "generals" over at "aggressivechristianity.net" - a cult that wasn't even in existence until 1980.
I belong to Christ's Church that goes all the way back to the Apostles.

Nothing to say have you. You despise those that choose Jesus, you get angry when teh truth is spoken,

Mat_6:24 No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.

You love your religion we all know that, but when one speaks of serving Christ, you get mad, how can that be, whom is it you servew, Jesus or your church.

This is the BIBLICAL definition of what Christ's Church is:

- Jesus established ONE Church (Matt. 16:16-19). He prayed fervently that this Church remain ONE - as He and the Father are ONE (John 17:20-23). There is NO other.

- Jesus is Truth itself (John 14:6).

- Jesus promised His Church that the Holy Spirit would guide her to ALL Truth (John 16:12-15).

- The Church is the Pillar and Foundation of Truth (1 Tim. 3:15).

- The Church is the Body of Christ and He is the Head (1 Cor. 12:12-31, Eph. 4:3-6, Col. 1:8).

- The Church is the FULLNESS of Christ (Eph. 1:22-23).

- Jesus identifies His very SELF with His Church (Acts 9:4-5).

- Jesus gave the Church supreme Authority on earth and whatever it ordains on earth is also ordained in heaven (Matt. 16:18-19, 18:15-18, Luke 10:16, John 20:21-23).

That's what the Church is.

Yep just not yours, nor is it mens,your relgion is just another religion like all teh the rest that you despise. You have no place for people to follow Jesus, to you it is religion or nothing to us it is JEsus or nothing, Why is He such a problem to you, why is it that you desire to distance yourself from Him that demand that others do teh same

Jesus said HE is teh way, so we will follow Him, if you prefer your religion that is your doing not His.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Listen - you can whine all you want about this but it is the ONLY Church that can prove it.
While the Apostle John was still alive - his student, Ignatius of Antioch wrote 7 letters on the way to his martyrdom in Rome. Here is an excerpt of one of those letters:
Whine, yes you should stop shouldnt you.

Col 2:20 Wherefore if ye be dead with Christ from the rudiments of the world, why, as though living in the world, are ye subject to ordinances,
Col 2:21 (Touch not; taste not; handle not;
Col 2:22 Which all are to perish with the using;) after the commandments and doctrines of men?

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nothing to say have you. You despise those that choose Jesus, you get angry when teh truth is spoken,
Mat_6:24 No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.

You love your religion we all know that, but when one speaks of serving Christ, you get mad, how can that be, whom is it you servew, Jesus or your church.

And you prove one again that you have absolutely ZERO understanding of what Christ's Church actually is.
Allow me to educate you:

- Jesus established ONE Church (Matt. 16:16-19). He prayed fervently that this Church remain ONE - as He and the Father are ONE (John 17:20-23). There is NO other.- Jesus is Truth itself (John 14:6).
-
The Church is the Pillar and Foundation of Truth (1 Tim. 3:15).
-
The Church is the FULLNESS of Christ (Eph. 1:22-23).Jesus identifies His very SELF with His Church (Acts 9:4-5).

There ends the lesson.
Yep just not yours, nor is it mens,your relgion is just another religion like all teh the rest that you despise. You have no place for people to follow Jesus, to you it is religion or nothing to us it is JEsus or nothing, Why is He such a problem to you, why is it that you desire to distance yourself from Him that demand that others do teh same

Jesus said HE is teh way, so we will follow Him, if you prefer your religion that is your doing not His.
I never said it was MY Church, sparky.
The Catholic Church HIS Church. I just belong to it . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Whine, yes you should stop shouldnt you.

Col 2:20 Wherefore if ye be dead with Christ from the rudiments of the world, why, as though living in the world, are ye subject to ordinances,
Col 2:21 (Touch not; taste not; handle not;
Col 2:22 Which all are to perish with the using;) after the commandments and doctrines of men?
And you have absolutely NO idea how to counter the words of the Early Church in regards to it being called, "The CATHOLIC Church", do you.
That's what I thought . . .

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Jesus established ONE Church (Matt. 16:16-19). He prayed fervently that this Church remain ONE - as He and the Father are ONE (John 17:20-23). There is NO other.- Jesus is Truth itself (John 14:6).
-
The Church is the Pillar and Foundation of Truth (1 Tim. 3:15).
-
The Church is the FULLNESS of Christ (Eph. 1:22-23).Jesus identifies His very SELF with His Church (Acts 9:4-5).

There ends the lesson.
Yes it is and everyone knows that, its just not your,

The Catholic Church HIS Church. I just belong to it
Yes it is teh "catholic" church not His just as you said.

Still dont understand why He is such a problem with you.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
And you have absolutely NO idea how to counter the words of the Early Church in regards to it being called, "The CATHOLIC Church", do you.
That's what I thought . . .
Its universal, nothing to do with Jesus, not mentioned in teh bible not from God, and Jesus said He will build it, not men. But than you dont even kno that His chucrh is made up of 1Pe_2:5 Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.

People its not a religion like yours.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes it is and everyone knows that, its just not your,
Yes it is teh "catholic" church not His just as you said.
Still dont understand why He is such a problem with you.
He not a problem for me -He's a problem for YOU.
Why?? Because He identifies His very SELF with His Church (Acts 9:4-5).

The Catholic Church is and always HAS been HIS Church.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Its universal, nothing to do with Jesus, not mentioned in teh bible not from God, and Jesus said He will build it, not men. But than you dont even kno that His chucrh is made up of 1Pe_2:5 Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.
People its not a religion like yours.
Wrong - but I 'understand how somebody as ignorant as you would make this claim.
"Catholic" doesn't mean "universal". It comes from TWO words:
Καθ (katah) - Through out, according to
Ολης (holos) - All, whole, completely

Ignatius of Antioch didn't say "Kata" and "holos".
He said "CATHOLIC".

This proves that the Church that e=was established by Jesus Christ was already being called "The Catholic Church" by the end of the 1st century - whiles the Apostle John was STILL alive.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Καθ (katah) - Through out, according to
Ολης (holos) - All, whole, completely
Oh so you threw out the truth to hold on to your doctires. cooolll

This proves that the Church that e=was established by Jesus Christ was already being called "The Catholic Church" by the end of the 1st century - whiles the Apostle John was STILL alive.

Proves teh first part not teh second its all lies and inuendo.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
He not a problem for me -He's a problem for YOU.
Why?? Because He identifies His very SELF with His Church (Acts 9:4-5).
Yes His church not the catholic chruch why do you hate people who choose Jesus and not your religion.??