It is not in the bible.....sola scripture

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Okay, will look now. I confess I have not read ALL the many pages to this thread ( red face)

Okay , I went back to read it.
I still believe that be they Catholic, protestant , even some of the in betweens..IF they have a searching heart after God ....IF they long to be one with Him in His presence and dwell with Him forever....then they ARE ALL in the Body Of Christ.
I believe that within every denomination God has His "7000 that have not bowed their head to Baal." But serve Him in their hearts.
That's my take.... :)
amen

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Unfortunately, Jesus is not divided and neither can His Body be divided.
The is only ONE Body - and thousands of factions that splintered off of that ONE Body.
this body you imagine to be the Body--it is observable, yes? Do you not really read the Bible, just parrot programming, or what ezackly.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I have a friend who ties himself in knots because of all the denominations. Why I have no idea!
largely because we have become a codependent nation, and codependents need everyone in their orbit to agree with them, or they feel offended. My family is extremely codependent, it is a disease.

Reactions: Helen

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
See post #436 . . .
you are like Catholic by birth or something, huh. I feel sorry for you, and pray that you might come to a point where you no longer know everything, so that maybe you can learn something someday. Because i don't think your "body" sells redemption for cash any more; at least overtly.

Mjh29

May 28, 2017
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
proof is for lawyers, and law, and you have no proof of anything you believe, and i mean not a single, solitary thing.
how can a sin for me not be a sin for you? Who's right and who's wrong there?
The Bible. People don't define sin, Scripture does

Mjh29

May 28, 2017
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
well then how can a sin for you not be a sin for me then? pray tell
It can't. Saying that is like sayingh
How can water for you not be water for me? It doesn't work that way water is water is water. If I take a water bottle from California to New York does it cease being water?
Nope. Just like water, sin is sin no matter who what or where.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
It can't. Saying that is like sayingh
How can water for you not be water for me? It doesn't work that way water is water is water. If I take a water bottle from California to New York does it cease being water?
Nope. Just like water, sin is sin no matter who what or where.
then how do you interpret that Scripture?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
The men who rebelled against the Church in the 16th century WERE part of the Body.
They chose to cause division within the Body.

There is only ONE Body of Christ and MANY sects that have separated themselves from that ONE Body.
It always cracks me up when Protestants refer to their perpetually-splintering sects as "THE Body of Christ".

Kind of sad, really . . .
i hope you understand that i bear you no ill will, and i am only overwhelming you with the more obvious dichotomies of your religion to deprog you, as was done for me once ok. Unfortunately i doubt you are even aware of most of the Scriptures i am referencing, but the hope is that when/if you ever start actually reading Scripture with the Spirit as your guide they may resonate. Peace.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
for that to be true, "the church" that you mean would have to have been defined as the Body, and it is not.
It absolutely is (1 Cor. 12, Col. 1:18, Eph. 1:22-23).
What Bible are YOU reading, sparky??
imagine how we feel though, ring-kisser. Ps you still confessing your sins in the dark to some guy you call "father?" Because with all due respect i notice that you never apologize here. Have you ever properly confessed a sin in your life?
I confess my sins as prescribed in Sripture (John 20:21-23, James 5:16).

The practice of confessing your sins to the Church is an ancient one that goes all the way back to the Apostles themselves. We see this in the 1st century document, the Didache (The Teachings of the Twelve Apostles), where it emphatically states the necessity of confessing our sins to the Church:
Confess your sins in Church, and do not go up to your prayer with an evil conscience. This is the way of life. . . , On the Lord's Day gather together, break bread, and give thanks, after confessing your transgressions so that your sacrifice may be pure” (Didache 4:14,14:1 [A.D.70]).

St. Paul makes no small case for this ministry of reconciliation in 2 Cor. 5:18-20:
“And all this is from God, who has reconciled us to himself through Christ and given us the ministry of reconciliation, namely, God was reconciling the world to himself in Christ, not counting their trespasses against them and entrusting to us the message of reconciliation. So we are ambassadors for Christ, as if God were appealing through us. We implore you on behalf of Christ, be reconciled to God.”

In 2 Cor. 2:10, he states, “Whomever you forgive anything, so do I. For indeed what I have forgiven, if I have forgiven anything, has been for you in the presence of Christ.

In the Greek, the word “presence” in this phrase is Prosopone, which means Person. In the PERSON of Christ is a more correct translation. Paul was indicating that they were forgiving sins in the PERSON of Christ, which is translated into Latin as In Persona Christi.

Do YOU confess your sins to the Church??
If not - you are disobedient to God.

As for ring-kissing - the only person whose ring I've ever kissed is my wife's on her finger . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i hope you understand that i bear you no ill will, and i am only overwhelming you with the more obvious dichotomies of your religion to deprog you, as was done for me once ok. Unfortunately i doubt you are even aware of most of the Scriptures i am referencing, but the hope is that when/if you ever start actually reading Scripture with the Spirit as your guide they may resonate. Peace.
How could I be "unaware" of the Scriptures YOU are referring to when you haven't presented any, sparky??

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you are like Catholic by birth or something, huh. I feel sorry for you, and pray that you might come to a point where you no longer know everything, so that maybe you can learn something someday. Because i don't think your "body" sells redemption for cash any more; at least overtly.
I never claimed to know "everything" - so I'm not sure why you would make that dishonest remark.
I am part of the Body of Christ - not some man made institution that came along some 1500 years later - or later than that.

By the way - nobody is Catholic from birth. I'm Catholic from my Baptism.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
if you became Catholic to seek Christ then it will be apparent in your fruit; and for all i know you are a great guy, ok. You might lighten up and recognize...well, what your king has already publicly recognized, that being that there are believers other than RCC, from each of those 50 billion splinters that you currently do not recognize.

You want to be validated for your beliefs, right? You want to be recognized as a believer. You wanna be recognized, then recognize bro. Your beliefs are simply no one else's business. What do i care if you pray to Mary? I have nothing to say about that. I care if my kids are going to be safe with you next door.

Reactions: Helen

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
if you became Catholic to seek Christ then it will be apparent in your fruit; and for all i know you are a great guy, ok. You might lighten up and recognize...well, what your king has already publicly recognized, that being that there are believers other than RCC, from each of those 50 billion splinters that you currently do not recognize.

You want to be validated for your beliefs, right? You want to be recognized as a believer. You wanna be recognized, then recognize bro. Your beliefs are simply no one else's business. What do i care if you pray to Mary? I have nothing to say about that. I care if my kids are going to be safe with you next door.
I simply recognize - as Christ Himself does (Matt. 16:18, John 17:20-23), that there is only ONE Body - not 50,000 or so perpetually-splintering sects all teaching different doctrines.

I don't want to be part of one of those rebellious sects about whom He says:
Matt. 7:21-23
Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who DOES the will of my Father in heaven.

Many will say to me on that day,o ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name? Did we not drive out demons in your name? Did we not do mighty deeds in your name?’
Then I will declare to them solemnly, ‘I never knew you. Depart from me, you evildoers.’