It is not in the bible.....sola scripture

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
ha, you're hilarious. Are you like the only one who has found Jesus or something? You don't think this is maybe a bit presumptuous?
No not at all. I have yet to understand how it is that people who call themselves christians, who claim to have Christ would put the dead letter before teh living Jesus Now if all men would go to Christ instead of trying to prove themsleves to God or work it out for themeselvbes than we would have no need for church nor teh bible, but men are carnal and, well you can see what happens whe nmen try to do anything in therie own strength,

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
No not at all. I have yet to understand how it is that people who call themselves christians, who claim to have Christ would put the dead letter before teh living Jesus Now if all men would go to Christ instead of trying to prove themsleves to God or work it out for themeselvbes than we would have no need for church nor teh bible, but men are carnal and, well you can see what happens whe nmen try to do anything in therie own strength,
but they are your brothers, and you do not castigate younger children for elder offenses, mjr.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
and you do not castigate younger children for elder offenses, mjr
If showing peopel teh beter way as Christ came to do is castigating maybe id better start showing them teh wide way to hell if it will make them feel better

You seem a smart man, go ask Jesus if He will teach you, and when He does you will see,

Jas 4:2 Ye lust, and have not: ye kill, and desire to have, and cannot obtain: ye fight and war, yet ye have not, because ye ask not.
Jas 4:3 Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that ye may consume it upon your lusts.

Can you think of a better teacher than your Lord and saviour??

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
ah there it is
So waht do you think, that reading the bible is being taught by JEus, or studying otr going to church. Doesnt work that way. We go to Him wmpty so He can fill us. If we are filled with all our own learning than we leave no place for Him, whcic is teh reason why He had so much trouble with teh Pharisses in teh old and why even today teh lrearned struggle to find Him.

Mat_11:25 At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes.

Jesus desires empty vessels so He can fil them, so few willing to be counted as fools for His sake. Enjoying some of you posts though yo uare getting a grasp on things.

Mjh29

May 28, 2017
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So waht do you think, that reading the bible is being taught by JEus, or studying otr going to church. Doesnt work that way. We go to Him wmpty so He can fill us. If we are filled with all our own learning than we leave no place for Him, whcic is teh reason why He had so much trouble with teh Pharisses in teh old and why even today teh lrearned struggle to find Him.

Mat_11:25 At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes.

Jesus desires empty vessels so He can fil them, so few willing to be counted as fools for His sake. Enjoying some of you posts though yo uare getting a grasp on things.
What happens if we both "go to Jesus", and He tells you one thing and me something completely different? Whos right and whos wrong? How can you prove it anyways?

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
What happens if we both "go to Jesus", and He tells you one thing and me something completely different? Whos right and whos wrong? How can you prove it anyways?

No point asking mjrhealth to prove anything. He never provides any evidence to back up his opinions let alone proof.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
proof is for lawyers, and law, and you have no proof of anything you believe, and i mean not a single, solitary thing.
how can a sin for me not be a sin for you? Who's right and who's wrong there?

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is precisely what happens every time another Protestant denomination pops up - to the tune of almost 50,000 . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
thank God for that!
Thank God for division??
Christ is not divided and neither can His Body be divided.

John 17:20-23
“I pray not only for them, but also for those who will believe in me through their word, so that they may all be ONE, as you, Father, are in me and I in you, that they also may be in us, that the world may believe that you sent me.
And I have given them the glory you gave me, so that they may be
ONE, as we are ONE,
I in them and you in me,
that they may be brought to perfection as ONE, that the world may know that you sent me, and that you loved them even as you loved me.

YOU like 50,000 splinter sects?
Jesus doesn't . . .

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
YOU like 50,000 splinter sects?
Jesus doesn't . . .
yes, He does. I missed the memo where you were made Jesus' spokesman, could you shoot me a copy? lol

look, i understand that right now you are convinced that you deserve worship, ok, but someday you might see that the kingdom does not come by observation. Best of luck to you.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
yes, He does. I missed the memo where you were made Jesus' spokesman, could you shoot me a copy? lol

look, i understand that right now you are convinced that you deserve worship, ok, but someday you might see that the kingdom does not come by observation. Best of luck to you.
Jesus likes division within the Body?? Can you show me where the Bible says this??
Chapter and verse, please.

I missed the memo where He appointed YOU to lie about Him . . .

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Jesus likes division within the Body?? Can you show me where the Bible says this??
Chapter and verse, please.

I missed the memo where He appointed YOU to lie about Him . . .
well, they would first have to be in the Body in order to be dividing it, right.
I'm not even sure that is possible.

Reactions: Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
well, they would first have to be in the Body in order to be dividing it, right.

Good point!
I have a friend who ties himself in knots because of all the denominations. Why I have no idea!
Some people like dogs, others prefer cats..all of Gods flowers look and smell differently.
But they are all STILL God's flowers!!
The Body of Christ is still the body of Christ...with different emphases on what message they focus on to preach.
Sometime, someplace...it will all come together!
It is said that persecution brings unity...the way the world is going right now ...we may be tested on that and find out just how true it is and probably soon rather that later!! :eek:

Reactions: bbyrd009

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The men who rebelled against the Church in the 16th century WERE part of the Body.
They chose to cause division within the Body.

There is only ONE Body of Christ and MANY sects that have separated themselves from that ONE Body.
It always cracks me up when Protestants refer to their perpetually-splintering sects as "THE Body of Christ".

Kind of sad, really . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good point!
I have a friend who ties himself in knots because of all the denominations. Why I have no idea!
Some people like dogs, others prefer cats..all of Gods flowers look and smell differently.
But they are all STILL God's flowers!!
The Body of Christ is still the body of Christ...with different emphases on what message they focus on to preach.
Sometime, someplace...it will all come together!
It is said that persecution brings unity...the way the world is going right now ...we may be tested on that and find out just how true it is and probably soon rather that later!!
See post #436 . . .

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
See post #436 . . .

Okay, will look now. I confess I have not read ALL the many pages to this thread ( red face)

Okay , I went back to read it.
I still believe that be they Catholic, protestant , even some of the in betweens..IF they have a searching heart after God ....IF they long to be one with Him in His presence and dwell with Him forever....then they ARE ALL in the Body Of Christ.
I believe that within every denomination God has His "7000 that have not bowed their head to Baal." But serve Him in their hearts.
That's my take.... :)

Last edited:

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay, will look now. I confess I have not read ALL the many pages to this thread ( red face)

Okay , I went back to read it.
I still believe that be they Catholic, protestant , even some of the in betweens..IF they have a searching heart after God ....IF they long to be one with Him in His presence and dwell with Him forever....then they ARE ALL in the Body Of Christ.
I believe that within every denomination God has His "7000 that have not bowed their head to Baal." But serve Him in their hearts.
That's my take.... :)
Unfortunately, Jesus is not divided and neither can His Body be divided.
The is only ONE Body - and thousands of factions that splintered off of that ONE Body.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
The men who rebelled against the Church in the 16th century WERE part of the Body.
for that to be true, "the church" that you mean would have to have been defined as the Body, and it is not.
They chose to cause division within the Body.

There is only ONE Body of Christ and MANY sects that have separated themselves from that ONE Body.
It always cracks me up when Protestants refer to their perpetually-splintering sects as "THE Body of Christ".

Kind of sad, really . . .
imagine how we feel though, ring-kisser. Ps you still confessing your sins in the dark to some guy you call "father?" Because with all due respect i notice that you never apologize here. Have you ever properly confessed a sin in your life?