It is obvious to me.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
You obviously do disdain , you said Lord rebuke you. More dishonesty, & you mock even basic Christian teachings thinking your ultra spiritual or woke or something.
seems to me Scripture speaks for itself there, you're free to address that whenever you like I guess
There is only One Immortal

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree that the children of God will do good works. But good works are not the ones people decide to do to show their faith and/or earn salvation. Their good works will be brought about by the Spirit leading them to do them, not by them deciding to do what they think is a good work.
First thanks for the reply, second, salvation is not earned, it a free gift. Romans 5:8 "But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
Romans 5:9 "Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.
Romans 5:10 "For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life".

works have nothing to do, or to be earned unto salvation.

and, as you quoted, "good works will be brought about by the Spirit leading them to do them". no, scripture, Galatians 2:20 "I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

Romans 4:1 "What shall we say then that Abraham our father, as pertaining to the flesh, hath found?
Romans 4:2 "For if Abraham were justified by works, he hath whereof to glory; but not before God.
Romans 4:3 "For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness.
Romans 4:4 "Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt.
Romans 4:5 "But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.
Romans 4:6 "Even as David also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth righteousness without works,
Romans 4:7 "Saying, Blessed are they whose iniquities are forgiven, and whose sins are covered.
Romans 4:8 "Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin.

PICJAG.

Reactions: H. Richard

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No Son of Man may die for another's sins
you and your sons will be here with me
No one has ever gone up to heaven

But God (Jersus) has already died for the sins of the world. God is not man. If that is not true then no one will ever be saved.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
But God (Jersus) has already died for the sins of the world. God is not man. If that is not true then no one will ever be saved.
That's Scripture HR, so argue with it, ok, or get a better def of saved, or keep believing as you do, fine with me. As I said, there is more than one way to Read "Jesus died for my sins," but only one way I know of that it will still comport with "No Son of Man may die for another's sins."

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is obvious to me is that those that teach a child of God MUST have works to show their faith have hung the statement of James that “faith without works is dead” around the necks of those “IN CHRIST” who believe in Jesus‘ work on the cross.

To these we are just required to keep the law of good works and those works are defined by them with selected verses. Which is better, to be kind to others or to try and get them to see the salvation that Jesus paid for on the cross? Baring fruit for God isn’t a person glorifying in their own works; but glorifying Jesus' work on the cross. We are to witness to faith in Jesus’ work and not our own.

Tell me, which is better, to be kind to others or to help lead them to eternal life? It seems to me that every time a person tries to reach out to God in faith the religious works crowd hangs the requirement of works around their neck.

I am completely aware that a child of God will be lead by the Holy Spirit to do what God wishes for them to do. But that is not what the works crowd wants. They want to determine the works others are to do. Doesn’t matter if those person’s are doing what God wants them to do.

Even though I have shown that James was certainly not writing to those under grace and that he got some things wrong the religious works crowd still cling to their traditions. They will not see that placing their faith in works will not save them and as Paul writes they are under a curse. Why???? Because they trample under foot the “:completed” work of Jesus on the cross.

Heb 10:28-29
28 Anyone who has rejected Moses' law dies without mercy on the testimony of two or three witnesses.
29 Of how much worse punishment, do you suppose, will he be thought worthy who has trampled the Son of God underfoot, counted the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified a common thing, and insulted the Spirit of grace?
NKJV

To me, it seems that, most can tell you about their faith in keeping commandment and picking up their cross of their works but they will not tell about their faith in what Jesus did on the cross. Most who testify that they have faith in Jesus’ work on the cross are even accused, by the works crowd, of not being saved by given them derogatory labels so they can accuse them of not having a true faith.

But to us who know that faith in what Jesus did on the cross is the only way to please God will never say we earn a place with God BECAUSE of our works. Now the works crowd will say that they are doing that too. If they are doing that too then why do they give statements like easy believes?

According to Paul, when a person adds works to grace they are under a curse. I, personally do not claim any works.. Does that mean I do not do any?? Off course not! It means I place no confidence in my works. If I have any God knows it, not me.

But that is okay, I let others talk about how they keep Jesus’ commandment. But when, and if, they look into their hearts they would know they are not. I think God’s judgment on them for boasting in their own works while neglecting to boast in Jesus’ work will not bring a good out come.

But hey, that is just a person’s remarks that have been told that what I believe is totally wrong and is easy believism. So faith in Jesus’ work on the cross is just easy believism. So get out there and do your works.

It's true we must live by faith in what The True God Jehovah and his only begotten Son Jesus Christ did for mankind. Jehovah God willingly sent his only begotten Son to die for mankind so that mankind could be saved and Jehovah's only begotten Son willingly came to die for mankind so that mankind could be saved. If we exercise faith in this Loving act that Jehovah God and his only begotten Son Jesus Christ did we will be saved. We can't get salvation through our own works. The law that Jesus Christ the only begotten Son gave us to obey is the law of love. Just as Jehovah God and his only begotten Son loved us we are to love mankind but especially our spiritual brother and sister. We all know that if you truly love someone you don't treat them unlovingly. You don't kill a person or steal from someone or falsely accuse someone if you truly love them. It's true the loving act that Jehovah God and his only begotten Son did for us saves us, but Jehovah God through his only begotten Son teaches us how we should love just as they love. Anyone coming to me telling me I must believe their doctrines in order to be saved I choose not to listen to.

Reactions: H. Richard

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
That's Scripture HR, so argue with it, ok, or get a better def of saved, or keep believing as you do, fine with me. As I said, there is more than one way to Read "Jesus died for my sins," but only one way I know of that it will still comport with "No Son of Man may die for another's sins."

You are quoting a part of the righteousness law.

As in...

"The righteousness of the righteous will be credited to them, and the wickedness of the wicked will be charged against them."

It is the soul that sins that shall die.

This is true.

But there is a higher law than righteousness. (the human kind) There is the righteousness of God which is in holiness.

God has upped the ante by empowering His people to walk as Jesus walked and overcome as Jesus overcame. But to do this Jesus had to purchase back mankind with His blood. So in this way Jesus indeed died for us. His purchase was by a higher righteousness. One that is according to love. One that empowers us from our own limitations...because we are unable to do what is right in our own strength. We need His grace to fulfill His laws.

So He equips us.

But if we continue to choose sin over holiness...then there is no more sacrifice for sins. Then, the righteousness law takes over once again....and grace has been frustrated.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are quoting a part of the righteousness law.

As in...

"The righteousness of the righteous will be credited to them, and the wickedness of the wicked will be charged against them."

It is the soul that sins that shall die.

This is true.

But there is a higher law than righteousness. (the human kind) There is the righteousness of God which is in holiness.

God has upped the ante by empowering His people to walk as Jesus walked and overcome as Jesus overcame. But to do this Jesus had to purchase back mankind with His blood. So in this way Jesus indeed died for us. His purchase was by a higher righteousness. One that is according to love. One that empowers us from our own limitations...because we are unable to do what is right in our own strength. We need His grace to fulfill His laws.

So He equips us.

But if we continue to choose sin over holiness...then there is no more sacrifice for sins. Then, the righteousness law takes over once again....and grace has been frustrated.

More of your Gnostic redefining everything is law.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
we need to go pick up our crosses I guess

What does "empowers us from our own limitations" even mean Epi

any sec now you'll be telling me ppl who believe certain things are special or something?

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
we need to go pick up our crosses I guess

What does "empowers us from our own limitations" even mean Epi

any sec now you'll be telling me ppl who believe certain things are special or something?

Grace is what empowers us to go beyond our human limitations. How did Peter walk on water or heal people? Not human effort.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Grace is what empowers us to go beyond our human limitations. How did Peter walk on water or heal people? Not human effort.
Just seems like you are awful close to disavowing don't be deceived little children imo. "Grace is what empowers us" etc might certainly be true, or might also be a convenient way to stand still imo. About seeking miracles I don't know