It Is Written!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When a believing sinner comes to God..they recieve everything the father has to give. He hold's nothing back for those that believe unto salvation. We don't believe that. It's a miracle if you believe anything. We don't believe what is written and have had to shift our thoughts to making life work somehow!

To; how does God do things ..and if I'm a Christian how can I get God to work on my behalf ..and I need to ..and I better ...and it goes on and on. No end to what man will do to philosophize scripture. What is written plain as the Noonday Sun has to have my Twist on it.

I'll break it down ..I'll go to my favorite teacher or preacher and get their good opinion ..and I'll choose to know nothing. Spend a lifetime in seaching for what is right in front of you.

Remember when Jesus said the day would come when men would say 'he is there, he is here, no he is in the desert.' We are there in the age of solemn ignorance of what is written. Men have done exactly what Jesus said not to do ..

Do not change the words of this book:

Most translations will take the in Christ message out; but even deeper words that translate that message "the gospel," into simpler English that lose their meaning. Supposedly to help you better understand what is written. So change what is written and I will write what I think will make you better understand what is written. Is that what they call a oxymoron?

And the pay days have been enormous. But what we get is; what we have today. People are so dumbed down by their ignorance of the word of God and the things of God that you cannot talk to them as a learned person..as a student of scripture..and concerning the things of God. Philosophy and random ignorance is the Hot Topic.

Listen to Paul:

1 I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;

2 preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.

3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

4 and they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

5 But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry.

6 For I am now ready to be offered, and the time of my departure is at hand.

7 I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith: - 2 Timothy 4:1-7.

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Most translations will take the in Christ message out; but even deeper words that translate that message "the gospel," into simpler English that lose their meaning. Supposedly to help you better understand what is written. So change what is written and I will write what I think will make you better understand what is written. Is that what they call a oxymoron?

And the pay days have been enormous. But what we get is; what we have today. People are so dumbed down by their ignorance of the word of God and the things of God that you cannot talk to them as a learned person..as a student of scripture..and concerning the things of God. Philosophy and random ignorance is the Hot Topic.

you're correct about the paraphrased bibles and erroneous translations that are passed around. but that is intentional to get the unsuspecting to see it according to the paraphraser. there is a concerted effort amongst the liberal minded to change Christianity to their way of thinking.

and yes the joy of sharing in the knowledge of Christ is evaporated from places like this because most don't know and experience the Lord God via Jesus Christ. so they can't relate to what you're saying. they will relate to each other in feel goods about promises of goodness and happiness according to their own judgement, like they are entitled it with rainbows and unicorns, but they don't know God. They may even know theology but theology is of men and they don't have to know God to know theology, but Truth of God is of God therefore to know the Truth of God one must know God.

Last edited:
Reactions: soul man

WillTell

Aug 22, 2021
Deep South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When a believing sinner comes to God..they recieve everything the father has to give. He hold's nothing back for those that believe unto salvation. We don't believe that. It's a miracle if you believe anything. We don't believe what is written and have had to shift our thoughts to making life work somehow!

To; how does God do things ..and if I'm a Christian how can I get God to work on my behalf ..and I need to ..and I better ...and it goes on and on. No end to what man will do to philosophize scripture. What is written plain as the Noonday Sun has to have my Twist on it.

I'll break it down ..I'll go to my favorite teacher or preacher and get their good opinion ..and I'll choose to know nothing. Spend a lifetime in seaching for what is right in front of you.

Remember when Jesus said the day would come when men would say 'he is there, he is here, no he is in the desert.' We are there in the age of solemn ignorance of what is written. Men have done exactly what Jesus said not to do ..

Listen to Paul:

1 I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;

2 preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.

3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

4 and they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

5 But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry.

6 For I am now ready to be offered, and the time of my departure is at hand.

7 I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith: - 2 Timothy 4:1-7.

Hi, @soul man, the 8th chapter of Amos is a good picture of what we see happening today. Watered down messages from weak pastors, corrupt translations and paraphrases of the Bible, and idols everywhere “swallow up the needy” (v.4). Those familiar with prophecies about the end of this age are preparing, but sadly, many have not even heard. “Behold, the days come, saith the Lord God, that I will send a famine in the land, not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the Lord: And they shall wander from sea to sea, and from the north even to the east, they shall run to and fro to seek the word of the Lord, and shall not find it” (Amos 8: 11-12). May we all continue to hunger and thirst for righteousness while there is yet time! :) And keep the faith….

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Hi, @soul man, the 8th chapter of Amos is a good picture of what we see happening today. Watered down messages from weak pastors, corrupt translations and paraphrases of the Bible, and idols everywhere “swallow up the needy” (v.4). Those familiar with prophecies about the end of this age are preparing, but sadly, many have not even heard. “Behold, the days come, saith the Lord God, that I will send a famine in the land, not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the Lord: And they shall wander from sea to sea, and from the north even to the east, they shall run to and fro to seek the word of the Lord, and shall not find it” (Amos 8: 11-12). May we all continue to hunger and thirst for righteousness while there is yet time! :) And keep the faith….
@WillTell: Great quote from Amos!

I don't see it directly as being about the church, but it indeed has good application.

Last edited:

WillTell

Aug 22, 2021
Deep South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@WillTell"Great quote from Amos!

I don't see it directly as being about the church, but it indeed has good application.

@farouk, you are quite right that the church had not been established in the days of Amos, the prophet; but the message of the book is definitely applicable to us today.

God chose Amos to prophesy to His people who, in spite of their prosperity, were an ungrateful people who lacked love one for another, whose worship was hollow, and who were lacking in mercy—even though God had shown mercy to them time and time again. Do these people sound familiar? God was disappointed in them and sent Amos to remind them that judgement would come. The end of this age of grace will come, too, and those who are not ready will be running around in confusion. Let us never grow weary of sharing the Good News! :)

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I am hearing this often lately... CORRUPT bible translations... What is up with that??
I have NKJV... and NASB.... full bibles... then I have an old parallel bible ( New Testament ) with 4 translations
KJV... Amplified... Living New Testament and Revised Standard.

I doubt that any of them are going to lead me ASTRAY.... When one KNOWS the basic attributes of God... everything else falls into place.

This seems to be an up and coming NEW thing... to bash bible translations.. as being weak and watered down.

I think it's the church that is doing the watering down... NOT the bible.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am hearing this often lately... CORRUPT bible translations... What is up with that??
I have NKJV... and NASB.... full bibles... then I have an old parallel bible ( New Testament ) with 4 translations

I doubt that any of them are going to lead me ASTRAY.... When one KNOWS the basic attributes of God... everything else falls into place.

This seems to be an up and coming NEW thing... to bash bible translations.. as being weak and watered down.

No they are not and I have the same parallel bible and also a NT with 8 side by side translations. It helps give an understating on how different translations provide the nuances of the Greek / Hebrew words and their meanings. Its good for reading/devotional purposes without using study helps.

I have no patience with the militant KJV only folks as no one will ever change their minds. They hold that translation above the original Hebrew/ Greek and LXX used in Jesus day.

And its not even based on the original language but based upon other translations.

The Geneva Bible was translated only from Hebrew OT and Greek NT in 1560. Queen Elisabeth commissioned the Bishops Bible, completed in 1568, which was a rewriting of the Great Bible of 1539, which was translated from the Latin Vulgate.

hope this helps !!!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@farouk, you are quite right that the church had not been established in the days of Amos, the prophet; but the message of the book is definitely applicable to us today.

God chose Amos to prophesy to His people who, in spite of their prosperity, were an ungrateful people who lacked love one for another, whose worship was hollow, and who were lacking in mercy—even though God had shown mercy to them time and time again. Do these people sound familiar? God was disappointed in them and sent Amos to remind them that judgement would come. The end of this age of grace will come, too, and those who are not ready will be running around in confusion. Let us never grow weary of sharing the Good News! :)
People have as a group always been essentially the same, so even though perhaps written without the modern day churched or churchless people in mind of the writer, it seems to me that God had it in mind when He gave the writer the words.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
People have as a group always been essentially the same, so even though perhaps written without the modern day churched or churchless people in mind of the writer, it seems to me that God had it in mind when He gave the writer the words.
Did God also have a say in what any translators wrote down?

Reactions: bbyrd009

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No they are not and I have the same parallel bible and also a NT with 8 side by side translations. It helps give an understating on how different translations provide the nuances of the Greek / Hebrew words and their meanings. Its good for reading/devotional purposes without using study helps.

I have no patience with the militant KJV only folks as no one will ever change their minds. They hold that translation above the original Hebrew/ Greek and LXX used in Jesus day.

And its not even based on the original language but based upon other translations.

The Geneva Bible was translated only from Hebrew OT and Greek NT in 1560. Queen Elisabeth commissioned the Bishops Bible, completed in 1568, which was a rewriting of the Great Bible of 1539, which was translated from the Latin Vulgate.

hope this helps !!!

By golly, Moses came down from the mountain with two tables of stone, and a KJV, (the authorized by God, version), and if it’s good enough for Moses, it’s good enough for me!!

Reactions: ChristisGod

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
By golly, Moses came down from the mountain with two tables of stone, and a KJV, (the authorized by God, version), and if it’s good enough for Moses, it’s good enough for me!!
The sad thing is some people really believe that lol.

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am one of those folks who sticks with the KJV, but with a few different reasons and twists...

First, since I got serious about God, its what I read. Second, my Pastor preaches from it and its not a bad thing for him and his congregation to be reading the same version. Next, and I may be in error about this, its the first English version that used many different scholars to be translated instead of just one or two. That is important because no one man could push their bias on the Word.

Now, that being said, I am not afraid of other versions and don't look down at people who use other versions. I will at times look at other versions just to see what they say. But I do stick with the KJV as my choice.

The Bible is supposed to educate us, change us and mold us. With that in mind what I do dislike is when people change versions to make the Bible fit their agenda. And it happens subtlety quite a bit.

Furthermore in this age of political correctness and shaming anyone who would suggest someone is doing wrong, we better be on guard!

Can you imagine what a Bible will say 50 years from now if someone doesn't insist on holding fast to the Bible we have today?

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
hmm…who translates our Bibles after all, if not those who we deem “in the church?”
I have no idea who worked at putting together the bibles we know today... I am talking about the translations that have been written already.
I would imagine a "scholar" is someone who has studied extensively.
My point about the churches was that many "teachers/pastors" are perverting the gospel... ( the one that is written ).

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
I have no idea who worked at putting together the bibles we know today... I am talking about the translations that have been written already.
me neither, but surely they were believers? So iow they had an agenda, by which i dont mean "evil" necessarily, but biased, prolly?

Reactions: amadeus

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I would imagine a "scholar" is someone who has studied extensively.
My point about the churches was that many "teachers/pastors" are perverting the gospel... ( the one that is written ).
In the NT, Apostolic authorship is so important, with the exception of Luke's Gospel, whose author wrote the Acts of the Apostles in any case. You are right that in many places they are not truly preaching the Word at all.

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
me neither, but surely they were believers? So iow had an agenda, by which i dont mean "evil" necessarily, but biased, prolly?
My brain does not think like that... LOL.... I am SOOOO HAPPY to see you back Mr. Bbyrd.
Addy... you are NOT the arbitrator of my words.... HAHAHA.... Still makes me laugh.

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Yes and no..but you have to see scripture in full context of the over theme - it all points to him and eventually to him in you. Christ in you the hope of glory! That is the weight in scripture..and that is what has been so diluted thst it takes a miracle of the Spirit to relate it to believers because of mens translation of it. Leaving out - and placing in easier thoughts..supposedly for humanity to understand it better. That thinking in it self is heretical. Then it will be implimented by translators into what people believe to be scripture. That is the point!!

Last edited:
Reactions: bbyrd009