Its of Faith so to be of Grace

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TEXBOW

Jul 8, 2021
Cypress
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
IMHO God's grace is like rolling out the red carpet, sending an invitation in the mail. You can come or decline. The red carpet and invitation are for all mankind. SO God provided via his Spirit the red carpet and the invitation. He has a gift for you if you want to accept it. Without the red carpet or invitation, man could not come to God.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Again, Faith/believing in Christ is by grace.
There's no argument there.
That doesn't mean God made you believe, or that he does your believing for you.
It means he cleared the way and gave you the ability to believe, if you want to.

"29For it has been granted to you on behalf of Christ not only to believe in Him, but also to suffer for Him" Philippians 1:29

"...and how He had opened the door of faith to the Gentiles." Acts of the Apostles 14:27

Last edited:

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes. Please see John 11:25,26.

You have a lot to explain?

Luke 9:23
And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me.

2 Timothy 2:12
If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us:

Phil 1:29
For unto you it is given in the behalf of Christ, not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for his sake;

Hebrews 12:4
Ye have not yet resisted unto blood, striving against sin.

matt 28:19-20 teaching them to observe all things I have commanded you

and many more

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
IMHO God's grace is like rolling out the red carpet, sending an invitation in the mail. You can come or decline. The red carpet and invitation are for all mankind. SO God provided via his Spirit the red carpet and the invitation. He has a gift for you if you want to accept it. Without the red carpet or invitation, man could not come to God.
Someone did a song about this, It was about a train headed for Zion. And your ticket was already purchased, all you have to do is climb on.

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This should be properly interpreted in context. Why did Christ say this? He was responding to this question: Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God?

The Jews of Christ's time had been taught by their religious leaders that they could merit eternal life (salvation) by good works. So when Christ said "This is the work of God" He could have meant one of two things: (a) salvation is the work of God and man cannot do anything to merit salvation, or (b) the only work which God expects is "no work" but simple faith in Christ. By no stretch of the imagination is "faith" (believing and trusting God and Christ) a work. According to Scripture it is "a non-work" (to coin a term).

"That you believe in Him Whom He has sent" (John 6:29) is applied by Lord Jesus as "this is the work of God" (John 6:29).

"That you believe in Him Whom He has sent" (John 6:29) represents faith/belief of a person in Jesus.

Therefore, faith/belief of a person in Jesus is the work of God (John 6:29).

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Therefore, faith/belief of a person in Jesus is the work of God (John 6:29).
Provided that we are clear that faith comes by hearing the Gospel (which is the work of God) and the power of the Holy Spirit in convicting and convincing when the Gospel is preached (which is also a work of God). But what Christ really meant is that there is no work that anyone can do for salvation. Faith is NOT a work and work is NOT faith. That was His response to the question posed by the Jews.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You have a lot to explain?
Everything else follows saving faith, but it is faith which justifies the sinner and it is faith which results in imputed righteousness. Obviously, this transcends humanistic reasoning.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Ones Believing in Christ for Salvation is Gods work. Its not of man !
Well this Scripture refutes that idea: And [the jailer] brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved? And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house. (Acts 16:30,31)

So who does the believing? God or man? WE know where saving faith comes from, and no doubt this jailer had heard the Gospel and heard about Christ:
So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God. (Rom 10:17)

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There's no argument there.
That doesn't mean God made you believe, or that he does your believing for you.
It means he cleared the way and gave you the ability to believe, if you want to.

"29For it has been granted to you on behalf of Christ not only to believe in Him, but also to suffer for Him" Philippians 1:29

"...and how He had opened the door of faith to the Gentiles." Acts of the Apostles 14:27
Thats exactly what it means, God makes or causes some to believe by Grace., He gives them Faith

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well this Scripture refutes that idea: And [the jailer] brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved? And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house. (Acts 16:30,31)

So who does the believing? God or man? WE know where saving faith comes from, and no doubt this jailer had heard the Gospel and heard about Christ:
So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God. (Rom 10:17)
Ones Believing in Christ for Salvation is Gods work. Its not of man ! Man does the believing because God causes it by His Grace.

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Its Grace that saves, nothing of our works or conditions, even the Faith that we believe by, is given by God on account of the Grace that saves. See when Salvation is by Grace, the one being saved has not met any conditions.

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Grace enables us to be holy, pure, and righteous:

Grace is that attribute of God that “ sees” us as Righteous even though we are sinners...

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We must surrender our free will to conform to God’s will, deny ourselves and take up our cross and follow Him:

The only thing we MUST do is to do God's Will......what might that be? “ Believe in the One that He sent”

Reactions: amigo de christo

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lets explain this just a bit better for him . If one truly believes in Christ JESUS , they have the LOVE of GOD upon their hearts .
If they have the LOVE of GOD upon their hearts , they would LOVE what GOD calls GOOD and abhor what God has called evil .
They would in fact have the righteouness of the law upon their hearts . The love that comes FROM GOD
would have us walking righteously by the power of the indwelling HOLY GHOST .
The LOVE of GOD does not trangress the righteousness of the law . IT FULLFILLS IT .
Love does not transgress the holy words of GOD , it obeys them . From the heart . Not seeing the law as a means
to be made righteousness nor to be saved , but rather just having LOVE FOR THE TRUTH UPON our hearts .
Folks , IF WE have truly been born again , WE LOVE what GOD loves and we hate what HE hates . TIS that simple .
WE Are NEW creatures , REBORN by the SPIRIT wherein our heart has been truly changed .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It was said of Lydia, the seller of purple.....” God opened her heart to receive the Gospel”......why would it be different for anybody else....
Its exactly how it happens . It was GOD who flipped me around , GOD who put the desire to love the truth upon my heart
GOD who put me into the holy scriptures and GOD who made me aware by those scriptures of how i direly need JESUS CHRIST
to save me from my own self . That is a fact . The only goodness i have , COMES NOT FROM ME
BUT F ROM GOD . Given us in JESUS CHRIST . ONLY GOD can even draw us to CHRIST . And that is A FACT . A VERY VERY FACT .

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not just Believe, But have faith (mere belief is not enough

Repent and believe, No one will have faith until they first repent. Many believe but have yet to repent.

To repent means to change your mind......have you gone from Unbelief to Belief? If so, you have done all of the “ repenting” you need to doin order to be Saved....

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To repent means to change your mind......have you gone from Unbelief to Belief? If so, you have done all of the “ repenting” you need to doin order to be Saved....
Lets be just a bit clearer so as none falls for the same kind of unbelief i once had . its true i once had that kind of belief
that kind of dead faith . True belief , true faith comes from GOD , so as no man can boast .
But WHEN GOD gives us faith , ITS IN THE JESUS and not in another jesus that many men preach .
WE have the LOVE that comes FROM GOD upon our hearts which has been shed by the HOLY GHOST .
And that kind of love is not the love that many preachers preach on today . ITS the LOVE
of GOD that loves what GOD calls good and abhors the evils that HE calls evil .
Belief and obediance are not seperate . They are one . And as i said the LOVE that comes from GOD
changes the heart and to do the things HE has said are not a burden , BUT JOYOUS .
SIN is deadly and a monster and it can harden a heart . Lusts can choke the word . PRAISE GOD HE KNOWS THIS
and thus Has given us the SPIRIT . My advice is , HEED the SPIRIT and not the flesh .