JaneDoe's "What I believe"

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Family. Family is SO important; a pinnacle part of the Second Great Commandment. Family helps us grow, teaches us love to such a depth, (ideally) helps support us, and is amazing. That’s not to say there aren’t rough spots- my baby has been screening since 1 AM and we are both so sleepy now… but still these relationships are so foundational and critical. Families are forever.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Family. Family is SO important; a pinnacle part of the Second Great Commandment. Family helps us grow, teaches us love to such a depth, (ideally) helps support us, and is amazing. That’s not to say there aren’t rough spots- my baby has been screening since 1 AM and we are both so sleepy now… but still these relationships are so foundational and critical. Families are forever.
He who loves father , mother , daughter son , wife or husband more than me aint worthy of me .
Let us not follow the all inclusvie pattern of what they teach us , RATHER KNOW and understand
that the family of GOD consists ONLY of those who believe in Christ and put HIM above all . Which means HIS TRUTH
AKA , DOCTRINE MATTERS . From mormons to rome and inbetween all are being given over to a false charity and a false unity
and a false family . From the prosperity gospel to the emergent and all inbetween . I am watching all false ones
GO under a common mindset . And its a mindset which denies even its own beginnings , THOUGH they be false ,
It seems the false ones are all going under the same mindset , WE ARE ONE , LETS cast aside differences , LEts build bridges
lets find common ground . LET ME KNOW if any of those things sounds famliar TO YA .
ALL are getting duped and worse it will get as well . ONLY the true lambs will not go under the lie .
The false love , the false unity , the false concept behind the movement which cometh of the dragon
to UNIFY all to be as one .

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He who loves father , mother , daughter son , wife or husband more than me aint worthy of me .
Let us not follow the all inclusvie pattern of what they teach us , RATHER KNOW and understand
that the family of GOD consists ONLY of those who believe in Christ and put HIM above all . Which means HIS TRUTH
AKA , DOCTRINE MATTERS . From mormons to rome and inbetween all are being given over to a false charity and a false unity
and a false family . From the prosperity gospel to the emergent and all inbetween . I am watching all false ones
GO under a common mindset . And its a mindset which denies even its own beginnings , THOUGH they be false ,
It seems the false ones are all going under the same mindset , WE ARE ONE , LETS cast aside differences , LEts build bridges
lets find common ground . LET ME KNOW if any of those things sounds famliar TO YA .
ALL are getting duped and worse it will get as well . ONLY the true lambs will not go under the lie .
The false love , the false unity , the false concept behind the movement which cometh of the dragon
to UNIFY all to be as one .
If you would like to discuss with me about what I actually believe and wrote, I welcome that.

If you want to your personal soap box subjects, that’s a great subject for your own thread.

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I myself to believe that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is His one true Church on the earth today, but that doesn't mean other folks aren't Christians too-- I've seen many marvelous Christian lives across so many denominations.
So what was the one true church before LDS?

Reactions: amigo de christo

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Prompted by other discussion on this forum, I'm posting a "What I believe" post. I've done these in the past, but it's always good to share one's love of Christ over and over again :) And yes, I'm a "Mormon".

1) I believe in Jesus Christ the divine Son of God & Savior of the World. MY Savior. He pulled me out of the darkness I felt so strongly as child and continues to light my way as the decades roll onward. He saves me from my own sins and screw ups, and those of others, though of course it's not always a smooth cruise line. Jesus Christ is my rock, the foundation of my entire world, without Him I am nothing.

2) I believe in the the Holy Spirit. He, also a divine person, enlightens the hearts of men, including my own. It is through His testimony that any of us are able to understand the slightest things of God and know His Truth. I believe enthusiastically that God still teaches and reveals His mysteries to each of us individual and to the whole world.

3) I also believe in God the Father. He is the master planner, all knowing, and so incredibly merciful & just. He just amazes me.
Is Jesus God. Yes or no? And not "a" God, ''THE'' God.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Going off some other topics on this board:

A person becomes a Christian the moment they have faith in Christ and desire to follow Him. That desire & faith is a gift from God. It is a seed.

Some people will nourish that gift, and follow Him with their whole selves.

Some will starve the gift/seed and cast it out.

Some will nourish it at first, and then cast it out. And then maybe revivify it later in life. That’s a rougher path, but still ultimately yields good fruit.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is Jesus God. Yes or no? And not "a" God, ''THE'' God.
Jesus IS God.
He, the Father, and the Spirit are 3 different divine persons in 1 God.

min going to be direct here:actual LDS Christian beleifs are very different than the straw man the “anti-cult” movement proclaims. There are plenty of other thread on here that I’ve participated in and started myself explaining many of those differences.

If a person is truly interested in truth, then that should show in their actions, including being interested in what a person truly believes before any judgments are made.

And if anyone is wanting to proclaim Christ, then they should LISTEN to how a person loves Christ.

Last edited:

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Dropship quote- Growing up in our wacky family home, I sometimes wondered if I'd been born into the Munsters or the Addams family..:)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As a person who is currently visiting family in another statesman I hear you there!

Haha, as a kid I was brought up to think we must always "put on a show" for neighbours by being well-dressed, well mannered etc.
So every time I went out to play with my mates my mother would say "Comb your hair, it's sticking up on top like a cockatoo!"
It must have had such an effect on me that even now many years later I can't help looking at my reflection in shop windows to see if it's still sticking up..:)

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dropship quote- Growing up in our wacky family home, I sometimes wondered if I'd been born into the Munsters or the Addams family..:)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Haha, as a kid I was brought up to think we must always "put on a show" for neighbours by being well-dressed, well mannered etc.
So every time I went out to play with my mates my mother would say "Comb your hair, it's sticking up on top like a cockatoo!"
It must have had such an effect on me that even now many years later I can't help looking at my reflection in shop windows to see if it's still sticking up..:)
I once lived next door to a fair sized church. The people going on Sunday would park in front of house and in their parking lot that my windows overlooked. I saw a LOT of crazy families getting out of the car, trying to straighten up, last minute hair brushing (or shove it in a pony tail), breakfast being consumed in large bites as they walked to the door, sometime tempers obviously fried, etc.

“Crazy” is the norm.

Reactions: Dropship

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I once lived next door to a fair sized church. The people going on Sunday would park in front of house and in their parking lot that my windows overlooked. I saw a LOT of crazy families getting out of the car, trying to straighten up, last minute hair brushing (or shove it in a pony tail), breakfast being consumed in large bites as they walked to the door, sometime tempers obviously fried, etc.
“Crazy” is the norm.

Haha I bet if Jesus's young cousin John turned up at churches today, most would say "Sorry chum you ain't coming in here unless you spruce yourself up a bit!"
Yet Jesus said "John is the greatest man ever to be born" (Matt 11:11)..:)

Michael York as John in 'Jesus of Nazareth'
john-11-11.jpg

Reactions: Jane_Doe22

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus IS God.
He, the Father, and the Spirit are 3 different divine persons in 1 God.

min going to be direct here:actual LDS Christian beleifs are very different than the straw man the “anti-cult” movement proclaims. There are plenty of other thread on here that I’ve participated in and started myself explaining many of those differences.

If a person is truly interested in truth, then that should show in their actions, including being interested in what a person truly believes before any judgments are made.

And if anyone is wanting to proclaim Christ, then they should LISTEN to how a person loves Christ.
Interesting, that is not what your church teaches. Do you believe Jesus was created or always was?

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Interesting, that is not what your church teaches. Do you believe Jesus was created or always was?
Jesus Christ has always been. And always been God.

Again: Actual LDS Christian beliefs are completely different than the hogwash "ant-cult" material claims (like a created or non-divine Christ). If you want to LISTEN and LEARN actual beliefs, I'm happy to answer question via PM. However I'm not anyone mindlessly parroting "anti-cult" material-- Christians should never be mindless. I've seen way to much "anti-cult" brainwashed folks that have zero interest in truth or Christ, and I have zero patience for left for it.

Last edited:

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Again: Actual LDS Christian beliefs are completely different than the hogwash "ant-cult" material claims (like a created or non-divine Christ). If you want to LISTEN and LEARN actual beliefs, I'm happy to answer question via PM. However I'm not anyone mindlessly parroting "anti-cult" material-- Christians should never be mindless. I've seen way to much "anti-cult" brainwashed folks that have zero interest in truth or Christ, and I have zero patience for left for it.
So if I believe Jesus is the Son of God and not God himself, I'm being pro cult?

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Trust me, I've studied the Mormon heresy. Jesus is a spirit child of God just like we are, no different than us, according to your false church.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Trust me, I've studied the Mormon heresy. Jesus is a spirit child of God just like we are, no different than us, according to your false church.
This is an excellent example of "anti-cult" misinformation: Jesus is God, we are not. If I explain the actual beliefs are you willing to listen? I don't want to waste either of our time if you're not interested.

Last edited:

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So if I believe Jesus is the Son of God and not God himself, I'm being pro cult?
(Breaking this down to different sub-topics)

- Scripture (both the Bible and other books LDS Christians consider to be scripture) plainly proclaim the divine Sonship of God. He's not the Father-- they are two different persons, but both are God. The Spirit is a third divine person. I'll have another post here in a few minutes citing a bunch of verses about that.

- If you don't believe the Jesus is the divine Son of God, then you can't be an LDS Christian (belief in his Sonship is required), but that doesn't mean your love of Christ or standing as a Christian is in any way denied-- loving Christ is still something to be celebrated! Obviously there's major disagreements on foundational theology. And you as a person should be treated with love and respect.

- Even if you don't believe in Christ at all (non-Christian or even non-religious) you as a person should be treated with love and respect. Every person has the right to believe according to the their own conscious. That respect is so important to LDS Christians it's literally in the Article of Faith (which are considered scripture) Article of Faith 11

- As a group: The "anti-cult" movement is a Protestant thing, not LDS Christian-- in fact "Mormons" are the favorite targets of the "anti-cult" movement. LDS Christians don't hold classes teaching "this is what other people believe and why it's bad", rather teach that we should respect other people's beliefs (again, it's literally an Article of Faith).

- I personally have studied many faiths because I'm a nerd that way. I study by attending X services, asking X members their beliefs, reading their literature with them etc. Very diligent first-hand studying. My definition of a "cult" has nothing to do with whether or not you accept Christ, but how they operate. A cult foundaitonally employs fear-based tactics of "us vs them", threats, encourages attacking others, cutting off family members, and only following what the leaders say rather than individual thought, etc. I actually find the "anti-cult" movement to be a cult itself, as well as the JW. I've found individuals with a cultic mindset in a about every group (human fallacy).

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

Nah, Jesus himself said he wasn't God..:)

A certain ruler asked him, “Good teacher, what must I do to inherit eternal life?”
“Why do you call me good?” Jesus answered, “No one is good except God alone" (Luke 18:19)

Jesus said - "Only God knows when Judgment Day will be, I don't know myself" (Mark 13:32)

Jesus said - "I say nothing of my own accord, i only say what my father tells me to say.." (John 12:49)