Jehovah is either God or He is not, correct?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I thought this was interesting
Here is Isaiah 44:6
"Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God."

Isaiah 44 - Hebrew English Translation Massoretic Text MT Interlinear Holy Name King James Version KJV Strong's Concordance Online Parallel Bible Study

Both LORDs in this verse are translated from Yahwe

Christ is our Redeemer. He calls himself the 1st and Last in this verse..
Jesus says the same thing in Rev 22:13

“I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.”

Reactions: GRACE ambassador

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One thing you also fail to understand- honor here is not a term for respect, but is a term in estimating value! so it has nothing to do with our actions of obedience. It has everything to do with how we value both the Father and Son. However we values the Father,we must value the Son.

Jesus showed Himself God, called Himself God, Injspired the wrtiers of Scripture to call HIm god, why the watchtower deceives its flocks to not do so is a tragic mystery!

John 20:28
And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.

We all know the Watchtower Thomas was shouitng a surprised exclamation! That is pure manure!!!

1. that would have been blasphemy for a jew.
2. Jews did not come up with exclamations involving God
3. Thomas had already seen Him and heard Him and was told to put his fingers in his wounds.
4. Thomas made a declaration.

How do we know it is true?

If Jesus was not Jehovah Elohim (the Hebrew N.T. He would have rebuked Thomas for blasphemy! He didn't.

Instead He said you believe I am God because you see, but blessed are those who believe this truth:

John 1:1
King James Version

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

But don't see.

We disagree sir.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
YOu are so narrow minded you forget teh rest of Scripture to strain at your gnats!

Jesus emptied HImself to come to earth.

God gave Satan the kingdoms of this world due to mans sin.

Jeus was offered those kingdoms (which are his ultimately).

Degrees of worship? so you accept the catholic ideas here?

It iss easy to say the word worship has many levels of degree, but not to one who has studied Greek and Hebrew and nknows you are lying for your watchtower masters.

And yes Jesus is called Jehovah, also the first and last and the almightry and god! I have posted these from Gods Word. You can accept that bowl of pottage from teh Watchtower, but you sacrifice your birthright for that meal that will not satisfy.

We disagree sir.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is the Bible wrong to state: (Exodus 20:5) . . .for I, Jehovah your God, am a God who requires exclusive devotion. . .

Was Jesus wrong to state: (Matthew 4:10) . . .“Go away, Satan! For it is written: ‘It is Jehovah your God you must worship, and it is to him alone you must render sacred service.’”
(Luke 10:27) . . .“‘You must love Jehovah your God with your whole heart and with your whole soul and with your whole strength and with your whole mind’ . . .

Are we in error when we Christians say: (1 Corinthians 8:6) . . .there is actually to us one God, the Father, from whom all things are and we for him; and there is one Lord, Jesus Christ. . .

Jehovah is Not wrong.
Scripture is Not wrong.
Men error and thus can be wrong.

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is the Bible wrong to state: (Exodus 20:5) . . .for I, Jehovah your God, am a God who requires exclusive devotion. . .

Was Jesus wrong to state: (Matthew 4:10) . . .“Go away, Satan! For it is written: ‘It is Jehovah your God you must worship, and it is to him alone you must render sacred service.’”
(Luke 10:27) . . .“‘You must love Jehovah your God with your whole heart and with your whole soul and with your whole strength and with your whole mind’ . . .

Are we in error when we Christians say: (1 Corinthians 8:6) . . .there is actually to us one God, the Father, from whom all things are and we for him; and there is one Lord, Jesus Christ. . .

Don’t the Russellites and Watchtowerites ever give the Arian heresy a rest?

There is one god, manifest as three persons, which is why the father commanded the angels to do something that violates His own command - unless Jesus is divinity, - which is to WORSHIP Jesus:

Heb 1:6 And again, when he bringeth in the firstbegotten into the world, he saith, And let all the angels of God worship him.

Jesus also accepted worship of himself, which is a sin to allow UNLESS He is God the son:

Mat 28:9 And as they went to tell his disciples, behold, Jesus met them, saying, All hail. And they came and held him by the feet, and worshipped him.

You will note many instances of men falling down to worship angels or apostles, and they always instantly stopped them - as they should - but Jesus allowed himself to be worshipped multiple times.

The watchtower is the blind leading the blind.

Reactions: Nancy and Cassandra

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No. It's just that trinitarians assert singular pronouns refer to 3.

Do you find the verse Jesus quoted to be worded strangely Wrangler, Jehovah our God is one Jehovah. I know that Moses should record Jehovah's words as inspired, but I would have been very tempted to render it Jehovah our God is one God. To me that makes much more sense.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you find the verse Jesus quoted to be worded strangely Wrangler, Jehovah our God is one Jehovah. I know that Moses should record Jehovah's words as inspired, but I would have been very tempted to render it Jehovah our God is one God. To me that makes much more sense.

It is worded very strangely if one concludes that there is only one entity called Jehovah or that Jehovah is divided like the pagan triads (counterfewits) of gods who had separate natures!

By using the plural elowah and echad (which can designate a unified one or plural one) instead of yachid (absolute one) God was saying something about HImself that though three- they are one

atpollard

Jun 30, 2019
Port Richey, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Yup.
The vowels in the anagram were lost in Babylon, so the only thing we know for certain is "JEHOVAH" is not the correct transliteration of the original since it comes from mashing together two different words since the name of GOD was too holy to write down.

Considering how many different names God gives Himself, I don't think that He is as uptight about the issue as some people are. He knows His sheep and they follow Him and He gives them eternal life (see John 10 for more details.)

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Let me ask you one question. In this present age, which name is the highest name a person can utter?

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don’t the Russellites and Watchtowerites ever give the Arian heresy a rest?

There is one god, manifest as three persons, which is why the father commanded the angels to do something that violates His own command - unless Jesus is divinity, - which is to WORSHIP Jesus:

Heb 1:6 And again, when he bringeth in the firstbegotten into the world, he saith, And let all the angels of God worship him.

Jesus also accepted worship of himself, which is a sin to allow UNLESS He is God the son:

Mat 28:9 And as they went to tell his disciples, behold, Jesus met them, saying, All hail. And they came and held him by the feet, and worshipped him.

You will note many instances of men falling down to worship angels or apostles, and they always instantly stopped them - as they should - but Jesus allowed himself to be worshipped multiple times.

The watchtower is the blind leading the blind.

Hi Curt, who did Jesus say to worship sir? Might you explain why Jesus said what he did at Mat 18:26? That may assist greatly in understanding sir.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No you disagree with Scripture, I agree with it. so your disagreement is not with me but God Himself!

One of us does sir. We do not serve the same God. We do not speak in agreement, and time will reveal which if either of us is correct.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One of us does sir. We do not serve the same God. We do not speak in agreement, and time will reveal which if either of us is correct.

Well you are correct in that we do not serve the same god! You serve the God redesigned by the Watchtower Bible and Tract Association. and in this time is your enemy, not your friend.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I can see nothing to object to here.

Status
Not open for further replies.