Jehovah is either God or He is not, correct?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

-Phil

Nov 22, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is the Bible wrong to state: (Exodus 20:5) . . .for I, Jehovah your God, am a God who requires exclusive devotion. . .
Exclusive refers to the excluding of beliefs. It’s not like there’s a multitude of Gods, and one of them requires exclusivity.
Was Jesus wrong to state: (Matthew 4:10) . . .“Go away, Satan! For it is written: ‘It is Jehovah your God you must worship, and it is to him alone you must render sacred service.’”
Sharing personal beliefs purported as truth is blasphemous (not sacred). Don’t believe me, believe the discord felt.
(Luke 10:27) . . .“‘You must love Jehovah your God with your whole heart and with your whole soul and with your whole strength and with your whole mind’ . . .
All beliefs are apparently partial. It’s the Whole aspects there which is the message.
But this presents a problem for ‘the individual’, because if one is already Whole… what sense or purpose does religion have?
The ‘individual’ would have to put down worshipping Jesus to actually hear what he‘s saying.
Are we in error when we Christians say: (1 Corinthians 8:6) . . .there is actually to us one God, the Father, from whom all things are and we for him; and there is one Lord, Jesus Christ. . .
It’s not error, it’s ignorance, perpetuated by arrogance, pride, and vanity of righteousness (putting beliefs above Truth).

Keturah

Dec 19, 2022
Here
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am American and I speak English.
I speak the language of  love revealed through God's Spirit to hear and know him !

God first called himself " I am, that I am" in Exodus 3, when he sent Moses to the Israelites to come up out of Egypt.

I am is past, present and future!.

LORD works for me for I want his supreme RULE over my life.

Be careful to not commit blasphemy when arguing over God's name. That would be a MARK not in anyone's favor.

Or is the argument over whether God's Son is God ?

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The obverse of this, is the beast that ascends out of the bottomless pit who claims the name "was, is not now, and is to come", and all the harlot church rides on that best out of the wilderness. That is they who deny that Jesus is God incarnate. (See revelation 17:8-11)
Pick a side, and you will determine your outcome.

I'm not sure what you're point is mate, all I know is that Jesus made it quite clear that he wasn't God..:)
Jesus said-
“Why do you call me good?..No one is good except God alone" (Luke 18:19)
"Only God knows when Judgment Day will be, I don't know myself" (Mark 13:32)
"I say nothing of my own accord, I only say what my father tells me to say.." (John 12:49)
“Father, the hour has come...I am coming to you now" (John 17:13)

"I am going to the Father, for my Father is greater than I" (John 14:28)

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not sure what you're point is mate, all I know is that Jesus made it quite clear that he wasn't God..:)
Jesus said-
“Why do you call me good?..No one is good except God alone" (Luke 18:19)
"Only God knows when Judgment Day will be, I don't know myself" (Mark 13:32)
"I say nothing of my own accord, I only say what my father tells me to say.." (John 12:49)
“Father, the hour has come...I am coming to you now" (John 17:13)

"I am going to the Father, for my Father is greater than I" (John 14:28)
You're quoting all the verses that show Jesus' humbled state as a man (Philippians 2:6-8)

Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

Reactions: Keturah

Keturah

Dec 19, 2022
Here
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God is.......................................................................whatever he wants to be.

God spoke and it happened.
God came down and led the children of Israel by fire and a cloud.
God came and dwelt among us as a human man to complete HIS PLAN OF SALVATION!
God's Spirit now dwells with real believers to be God among us continually.

To deny is TO BE DENIED!

GOD IS REAL, IN MORE WAYS THAN WE CAN EVEN IMAGINE, WHETHER IT IS BELIEVED OR NOT

Keturah

Dec 19, 2022
Here
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A real reason for controversy, another gospel, falsehoods and lies of religion are YOU'RE PLANTED IN THE WRONG SOIL!

Get outta your dung heap of fake soil, it's just a pile of poop.

Get into the good ground that your roots may grow deep like the tree planted by the water who was so grounded that NO STORM CAN UPROOT IT !

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Exclusive refers to the excluding of beliefs. It’s not like there’s a multitude of Gods, and one of them requires exclusivity.

Sharing personal beliefs purported as truth is blasphemous (not sacred). Don’t believe me, believe the discord felt.

All beliefs are apparently partial. It’s the Whole aspects there which is the message.
But this presents a problem for ‘the individual’, because if one is already Whole… what sense or purpose does religion have?
The ‘individual’ would have to put down worshipping Jesus to actually hear what he‘s saying.

It’s not error, it’s ignorance, perpetuated by arrogance, pride, and vanity of righteousness (putting beliefs above Truth).
There are 2 real Gods sir, Jehovah and satan, and you will be judged as being with one of them in the end

Was Jesus wrong to state: (Matthew 4:10) . . .“Go away, Satan! For it is written: ‘It is Jehovah your God you must worship, and it is to him alone you must render sacred service.’”

That is why I used Scripture sir, not my personal beliefs. Although I do admit they are the same.

Are we in error when we Christians say: (1 Corinthians 8:6) . . .there is actually to us one God, the Father, from whom all things are and we for him; and there is one Lord, Jesus Christ. . .

I fully agree Phil, it is not error sir, it is a fact.

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Even God himself said- "This is my beloved son in whom I am well pleased, listen to him" (Matt 17:5)
So if anybody doesn't believe Jesus was his son, they're prime candidates for-

naughty-step.jpg

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Even God himself said- "This is my beloved son in whom I am well pleased, listen to him" (Matt 17:5)
So if anybody doesn't believe Jesus was his son, they're prime candidates for-
Jesus is the Son of God no one is denying this that says Jesus is God incarnate.

Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood. Acts 20:28

When did God shed his blood to purchase the church of God If Jesus was not God?

-Phil

Nov 22, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are 2 real Gods sir, Jehovah and satan, and you will be judged as being with one of them in the end
Jesus says ‘leave the judgment to God’ humorously. The punchline is God is Unconditional & infinite and there isn’t anyone or anything to judge.
Sharing personal beliefs purported as truth is blasphemous (not sacred).
Exactly. It’s like you’re talking about Disney World never having been. It’s very obvious to Disney World.
That is why I used Scripture sir, not my personal beliefs. Although I do admit they are the same.
‘Scripture’ is a personal belief. Infinite can not know finite.
I fully agree Phil, it is not error sir, it is a fact.
‘Facts’ are actually beliefs. No one’s ever actually seen one.

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, you have yet to convince me!
I don't have to convince you. The Bible clearly states that the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit are all manifestations of God. You have yet to convince me otherwise.

Vilianaanj

Nov 19, 2022
Belgium
Faith
Christian
Country
Dominica
How to reply to a topic?
Maybe I'm doing something wrong?
Please tell me.
Thank you.

Есть кто из модераторов, так как не могу ответить в новую тему?
Что я делаю не так?
Прошу помочь.
Спасибо.

stormymonday

Dec 25, 2022
concord
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where is this survey? Who conducted it? What specifically was asked?

The Bible clearly says that Jesus is God, as are God the Father and the Holy Spirit.
I'm not sure. I saw John MacArthur mention it as well as a few others. I'll have to look. Don't know if it was Pew or Barna or what...

In no time I found this...

52 Percent of Americans Say Jesus Isn't God but Was a Great Teacher: Poll

Google it - you'll find numbers all over the place. People are finally realizing that it's impossible for Jesus to be 'God' or be co-equal with God.

Last edited:

stormymonday

Dec 25, 2022
concord
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where is this survey? Who conducted it? What specifically was asked?

The Bible clearly says that Jesus is God, as are God the Father and the Holy Spirit.
Where is Jesus called "God the Son?" Where is the holy spirit called, "God the holy spirit?" And while you're at it, what's the holy spirit's name anyway?

Status
Not open for further replies.