Jesus a writer?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

David323

Mar 13, 2007
I was just wondering, why didn't Jesus personally write some of the Bible? Or did he write some of his teachings and the apostles later use them in thier books of the NT?

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well his ministry only lasted three years. That doesn't leave much time for writing and performing the acts that he did all across the region. Being a scribe wasn't like it is today. He couldn't just sit down and write the Jesus memoirs. Jesus was more concerned about the there and then and about the fulfilment of prophecy. I'm not trying to say God had to hurry along his plan by any means, but it is his plan at the same time. Jesus knew the plan and he knew that his disciples would record his acts and then they would be followed by the apostles. As for the disciples that recorded what he did, they were in his presence and recorded what they were told to do. If you accept the Scriptures as divinely inspired then I think Jesus not writing them doesn't really matter all that much.