Jesus and Commands

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You say you cannot discern that benefit or why the Gospel works -- that is fine.

I never meant that, and you know it, so you are just being ornery, and why I don't care to discuss things with you. I do know. I just wondered if you did. You still haven't said the most important element of the New Covenant. You wouldn't accept it if I told you, so I'm done with you.
There are other Adventists more agreeable that don't try to pick fights.

Last edited:

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I never meant that, and you know it, so you are just being ornery, and why I don't care to discuss things with you. I do know. I just wondered if you did. You still haven't said the most important element of the New Covenant. You wouldn't accept it if I told you, so I'm done with you.
There are other Adventists more agreeable that don't try to pick fights.

"I came to bring you life..." but people prefer the status quo...together with religious guarantees from dubious preachers.

Reactions: faithfulness

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As I said, the Sabbath is the first holy convocation listed in Leviticus 23.
Yes, God mentioned His weekly Sabbath first, before giving the yearly feasts and sabbaths - and concludes by saying that those yearly sabbaths are "beside" the Sabbath of the Lord". Therefore, the "sabbaths" of Colossians 2:15 have as much to do with the ceremonial yearly sabbaths of Leviticus as the "meat, drink, new moon, and holy day" mentioned there: all ceremonial references that were shadows of Christ, which the weekly Sabbath is not. The shadows pointed forward to Christ, but the Sabbath points back to Creation week.

Reactions: brakelite

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let me ask you something. Hebrews 4 talks of entering into God's rest. Do you honestly believe that God's rest is the 7th day Sabbath, or something else?
Why do you ask if God's rest is the seventh day Sabbath? It is clear that the "rest" He asks us to enter is "spiritual rest". The weekly Sabbath is "literal rest", which is the outward evidence of the inward rest - like baptism is the outward expression of the inward conversion from death to life. You don't suggest baptism is no longer binding to Christians, so why claim resting from work "as God did from His" is not binding to the Christian?

Heb 13:8

Nov 2, 2016
USA
there is no punishment in Hades, the Greek god's mythology Heb, and you are misled i'm pretty sure
7Dear children, don't let anyone deceive you about this: When people do what is right, it shows that they are righteous, even as Christ is righteous.
then how come you and the Bible sound so different here Heb

your god is a monster Heb, and Scripture seems to be your worst enemy, no offense

Not Hades the grave bbyrd, the lake of fire. God is only a monster to non believers until they actually come to faith.

Rev 20:5 (The rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were ended.)

God bless

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, God mentioned His weekly Sabbath first, before giving the yearly feasts and sabbaths - and concludes by saying that those yearly sabbaths are "beside" the Sabbath of the Lord". Therefore, the "sabbaths" of Colossians 2:15 have as much to do with the ceremonial yearly sabbaths of Leviticus as the "meat, drink, new moon, and holy day" mentioned there: all ceremonial references that were shadows of Christ, which the weekly Sabbath is not. The shadows pointed forward to Christ, but the Sabbath points back to Creation week.

Yes, it points backwards, but forward as well. That is why it is mentioned in Hebrews 4.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why do you ask if God's rest is the seventh day Sabbath? It is clear that the "rest" He asks us to enter is "spiritual rest". The weekly Sabbath is "literal rest", which is the outward evidence of the inward rest - like baptism is the outward expression of the inward conversion from death to life. You don't suggest baptism is no longer binding to Christians, so why claim resting from work "as God did from His" is not binding to the Christian?

You started off fine in finally understanding, then dropped it again to fall from grace.

Letter of the law - literal rest
Spirit of the law - spiritual rest

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
the grave bbyrd, the lake of fire
so, you don't know what you are talking about, and you are determined to not find out?
why not just yell fire in a theater Heb
i would make you demonstrate this or block you if i could, just so you know
God is only a monster...
God bless
you specifically avoid reading the Bible, huh, you don't have the first clue what is in There do you

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
so, you don't know what you are talking about, and you are determined to not find out?
you specifically avoid reading the Bible, huh, you don't have the first clue what is in There do you
I think it's obvious that he has read at least one bible verse....Hebrews 13:8 perhaps?

Reactions: bbyrd009

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Good people are in hell bbyrd, good people who aren't born again. it's belief that saves u, not doing "good". don't be deceived.

Luke 18:19 "Why do you call me good?" Jesus answered. "No one is good--except God alone.

So you have the good people going to an eternal torment? Because God hates good people. But He loves the world...so then He must love bad people. So then bad people reign with Christ and good people go to hell in your opinion.

Maybe you mean "nice" people.

People who do good works are rewarded by God...not condemned.

read more than one verse...

Romans 2:10

but glory and honor and peace to everyone who does good, to the Jew first and also to the Greek.

Reactions: bbyrd009

Nov 2, 2016
USA

Well, a lot are trying to go thru the wrong door to finde God. Jesus Christ is the only door Pharisee.

Jhn 10:1 "Very truly I tell you Pharisees, anyone who does not enter the sheep pen by the gate, but climbs in by some other way, is a thief and a robber.

Jhn 10:7-10 Therefore Jesus said again, “Very truly I tell you, I am the gate for the sheep. 8All who have come before me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep have not listened to them. 9I am the gate; whoever enters through me will be saved. They will come in and go out, and find pasture. 10The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.

there's a better way

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
yes, and crying LordLord when it suits you is not it wadr
and neither is steadfastly ignoring the half of the Bible that doesn't suit you

now i don't know how good an indication of your heart that is, you seem like a very decent and kind soul ok, but i have to suppose that your model will lead to quite a bit of obliviousness in the things that really matter too Heb, bc this is only an extension of that

Last edited:

Nov 2, 2016
USA
So you have the good people going to an eternal torment? Because God hates good people. But He loves the world...so then He must love bad people. So then bad people reign with Christ and good people go to hell in your opinion.

Maybe you mean "nice" people.

People who do good works are rewarded by God...not condemned.

read more than one verse...

Romans 2:10

but glory and honor and peace to everyone who does good, to the Jew first and also to the Greek.

No Episk, Jesus died for the sins of the world, but most in the world deny the free gift of salvation. Take this forum for example

Nov 2, 2016
USA
yes, and crying LordLord when it suits you is not it wadr
and neither is steadfastly ignoring the half of the Bible that doesn't suit you

the one's crying lord lord were trying to get in to the kingdom thru works, Matt 7:22-23. works won't save u.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
the one's crying lord lord were trying to get in to the kingdom thru works, Matt 7:22-23. works won't save u.
never said they would Heb, i said that your works are going to condemn you, and that No Son of Man may die for another's sins is still completely true, still Scripture, whether you choose to understand it or not