Jesus, Bible and Your Skin

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

saramnyc

Apr 2, 2008
In searching for how to lead a holy and holistic lifestyle, I turn to the Bible. This way, we can all me more like our lord and savior Jesus Christ. My family and I choose to lead a life like that of Jesus Christ. Instead of consuming harmful chemicals and pills to change our mood or appearance, we try to mirror that of the Bible and Jesus Christ. My first recommendation would be to visiting madefromearth.com for holistic and healthy skin care products. Please dont use the ones in the stores because they are full of impurities and toxins.The first mention of Aloe Vera in the Bible is In the Psalms (45-8) where it is written that the "garments of the King are perfumed with mhyrr and aloe". Aloe Vera in the Bible is reffered to as the "bitter herb" because of its smell, and there are over a dozen passages in the Bible that note that Jesus's body was anointed with bitter aloes before being placed into the tomb. Here is an excerpt from that great passage: "Later, Joseph of Arimathea asked Pilate for the body of Jesus. Now Joseph was a disciple of Jesus, but secretly because he feared the Jews. With Pilate's permission, he came and took the body away. He was accompanied by Nicodemus, the man who earlier had visited Jesus at night. Nicodemus brought a mixture of myrrh and aloes, about seventy-five pounds.Taking Jesus' body, the two of them wrapped it, with the spices, in strips of linen. This was in accordance with Jewish burial customs." John 19:38-40 Since then, Aloe Vera especially combined with Myrrh have held special relevance in the Christian world. While the Old Testament describes ancient burial practices, it is really about how are lives are changed and shaped by Jesus.

Mikey

Jan 22, 2008
I use aloe vera for sun burns but man I'm gona have a dark tan this year
biggrin.gif
:D allo dude.