Jesus Christ is Almighty God

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You don’t think. Do you know what source material is? Reference text? Autographed texts of antiquity? Ring any bells Septu—-a—- ... nah nothing???
No, " I don't think you're a Greek expert". I don't think you're qualified to rewrite our Bible.

Osrs Daniel

May 25, 2021
oakland
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, " I don't think you're a Greek expert". I don't think you're qualified to rewrite our Bible.
1 peter 3:15 But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:”

never answered anything and im suppose to take your criticism serious lol

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 peter 3:15 But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:”

never answered anything and im suppose to take your criticism serious lol
Stop trying to rewrite our Bible! You're not qualified!

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
so the bible wasnt originally written in hebrew and greek???... when you go into the hebrew word used for God in the Passage its elohim. which is modern hebrew.. if you go to paleo hebrew it is pronounced allahayam.

I never heard of paleo Hebrew. However, your point begs the question of why don't you type "Elohim" as it is actually spelled rather than what you claim is the phonetic pronunciation? Seems to be the opposite of scholarship?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You can’t quote scripture out of context at least give me the verse about it too sheesh

what’s context?

scripture is scripture
All scripture alone s inspired even one word, but not context

Osrs Daniel

May 25, 2021
oakland
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
what’s context?

scripture is scripture
All scripture alone s inspired even one word, but not context
im not debating whether its inspired or not. im talking about its relevant to your point since it started in the middle of the context and what you were trying to say was lost to me, since you quotes one verse of the scripture and this particular scripture needed more , maybe your explanation would have help instead of getting defensive. because im not going back to see your post now

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You said Jesus is “Yahweh”. You also said he is the highest yet you haven’t shown that. I gave you the precepts
Well of course Scripture declares that the Son is YHWH. Try reading and believing the truth without bias. Scripture calls Christ God, YHWH and LORD. There is One LORD.

Paul says in Romans 10 that if you confess Jesus is LORD and believe God raised Him from the dead you shall be saved. What does it mean to confess Jesus is Lord? Let’s examine just a couple of passages from Paul and John.

Isaiag 6:1-5
I saw the Lord sitting on a throne, lofty and exalted, with the train of His robe filling the temple. 2Seraphim stood above Him, each having six wings: with two he covered his face, and with two he covered his feet, and with two he flew. And one called out to another and said,
"Holy, Holy, Holy, is the Lord of hosts,
The whole earth is full of His glory."
4And the foundations of the thresholds trembled at the voice of him who called out, while the temple was filling with smoke. 5Then I said,
"Woe is me, for I am ruined!
Because I am a man of unclean lips,
And I live among a people of unclean lips;
For my eyes have seen the King, the Lord of hosts."

John 12:41-42
These things Isaiah said because he saw His glory, and he spoke of Him. We see that the Apostle John said that Isaiah saw the glory of Jesus in Isaiah 6 for this was the one and only time Isaiah was in the presence of Yahweh.

In Romans 10:9-10, we see that Christians will confess that Jesus is Lord. The context through verse 13 clearly shows that Jesus is the Lord which all men must call on in order to be saved. Paul quotes from Joel 2:32 to make his point.Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved (verse 13). If you read Joel 2:32 one can see that Paul quoted from this verse. When we look at the OT passage salvation comes to those who call on the name of YHWH ie...the Divine name of Israel for God. Paul declares it is Jesus upon whom we must call on in order to be saved.

In Philippians 2:9-11, we read that Jesus has a name that is above every name that at His name every knee should bow and that every tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord. Paul bases his statements on Isaiah 45:23, where we read (By myself I have sworn, my mouth has uttered in all integrity a word that will not be revoked: Before Me every knee will bow; by Me every tongue will swear .In the context this is clearly YHWH speaking of Himself. He is the Lord who says there is no God apart from Me in verse 21.Paul does not hesitate in saying that every knee will bow to Jesus and every tongue will confess Jesus is YHWH.

It is an indisputable fact that Paul said God bestowed the Name “Yahweh” on Jesus because in Philippians 2: 9-11 he was quoting Isaiah 45: 21-24.

This is what Yahweh told Isaiah:
“And there is no other God besides Me, a righteous God and a Savior; there is none except Me. Turn to Me, and be saved, all the ends of the earth; for I am God, and there is no other. I have sworn by Myself, the Word has gone forth from My mouth in righteousness and will not turn back, that to Me every knee will bow, every tongue will swear allegiance, they will say of Me, ‘Only in Yahweh are righteousness and strength.’ Men will come to Him and all who were angry with Him shall be put to shame.”

Isaiah 43: 11- Yahweh said that He is our only Savior- Even I Am Yahweh and there is no other Savior besides Me. This verse is very clear as to its meaning.

We see that Yahweh is the Name God bestowed on Jesus and it is Yahweh which is the Name that is above every name and it is Yahweh to which every knee will bow. There is no mistaking that Paul declares in his epistles that Jesus is the Yahweh of the Hebrew Scriptures. Jesus is our Lord Yahweh in the New Testament as well as our Savior. These were the specific names that were Gods alone in the Old Testament.

hope this helps !!!

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul says in Romans 10 that if you confess Jesus is LORD and believe God raised Him from the dead you shall be saved. What does it mean to confess Jesus is Lord?

There is a difference between LORD and lord. There are many lords in Scripture but there is only one LORD God almighty.

Confessing Jesus is our lord is not to be confused with claiming he is God. Hence, 1 Corinthians 8:6.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is a difference between LORD and lord. There are many lords in Scripture but there is only one LORD God almighty.

Confessing Jesus is our lord is not to be confused with claiming he is God. Hence, 1 Corinthians 8:6.
Thanks for quoting 1 Cor 8:6 which proves the Deity of Christ.

Welcome to the N.T. Shema ! The ONE LORD/GOD !

yet to us there is one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we unto him; and one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom are all things, and we through him.

PS- is the Father Lord ? yes or no

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Lk 1:11 For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.

Jude 1:25 To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.

The savior is God!