Jesus Christ is Almighty God

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ByGraceThroughFaith

Mar 14, 2021
Dudley
trinitystudies.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Which is the highest ? Interesting then why does Christ have a god ?
Matthew 27:46
46 And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? that is to say, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?
john14:28
28Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I. 29And now I have told you before it come to pass, that, when it is come to pass, ye might believe. 30Hereafter I will not talk much with you: for the prince of this world cometh, and hath nothing in me. 31But that the world may know that I love the Father; and as the Father gave me commandment, even so I do. Arise, let us go hence.

In Isaiah 9:6, Jesus Christ is called, "’êl Gibbôr", which is also used in 10:21, for the Father, in both places the Hebrew is translated as "Mighty God", which is what the Jehovah's Witnesses also have! So, here we have TWO Who are called "Mighty God"!

Then, in Hebrews 1:8, we have God the Father addressing Jesus Christ, where He says, "But of the Son he says, “Your throne, O God, is forever and ever, the scepter of uprightness is the scepter of your kingdom". Which is from Psalm 45:6, "Your throne, O God, is forever and ever;
A scepter of righteousness is the scepter of Your kingdom". God the Father clearly calls Jesus Christ GOD!!!

Osiris

May 10, 2021
Oakland
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In Isaiah 9:6, Jesus Christ is called, "’êl Gibbôr", which is also used in 10:21, for the Father, in both places the Hebrew is translated as "Mighty God", which is what the Jehovah's Witnesses also have! So, here we have TWO Who are called "Mighty God"!

Then, in Hebrews 1:8, we have God the Father addressing Jesus Christ, where He says, "But of the Son he says, “Your throne, O God, is forever and ever, the scepter of uprightness is the scepter of your kingdom". Which is from Psalm 45:6, "Your throne, O God, is forever and ever;
A scepter of righteousness is the scepter of Your kingdom". God the Father clearly calls Jesus Christ GOD!!!
So you aren’t gonna read the scriptures I already brought out giving context to what you are even attempt to do

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Which is the highest ? Interesting then why does Christ have a god ?
Matthew 27:46
46 And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? that is to say, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?
john14:28
28Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I. 29And now I have told you before it come to pass, that, when it is come to pass, ye might believe. 30Hereafter I will not talk much with you: for the prince of this world cometh, and hath nothing in me. 31But that the world may know that I love the Father; and as the Father gave me commandment, even so I do. Arise, let us go hence.

Christ has two natures and two wills

divine and human

the father and I are one (nature)
The son obeys the Father human

John 8:58
Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
here you go.
Colossians 1: 16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.

19 For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell;

20 And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven.

it is his church Matt 16:18

Osiris

May 10, 2021
Oakland
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Easy!

John 1 The Word was God
The Word became flesh ...
Word was god ( allahayam) angels are called allahayam. The saints are called allahayam or Elohim) not YHWH or the most high god as I said. Try again.
In the beginning the word was god and the word was with god. Who is the God the word was with?

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Word was god ( allahayam) angels are called allahayam. The saints are called allahayam or Elohim) not YHWH or the most high god as I said. Try again.
In the beginning the word was god and the word was with god. Who is the God the word was with?
So you're right and our Bibles are wrong?

Osiris

May 10, 2021
Oakland
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
gal 4:26 But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all.

matt 28:19 teach
Lk 1:4 instructed

Jerusalem was the city of the Israelites in Israel. Jerusalem also in Hebrew means “way of wholeness or completion”
Israelites were born from Jerusalem.
And “Mother church “ doctrine is off