Jesus Christ or Allah of Islam Which One Is The True God

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ps , you talking to a man that supports no war . Just wanted to let you know that .
The trinity religions have all throughout because they do not have Jesus. Putins religion is backing his war effort even though its the same religion in Ukraine. Brother in Christ vs brother in Christ= not the real Jesus who is-Love, peace, unity.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The trinity religions have all throughout because they do not have Jesus. Putins religion is backing his war effort even though its the same religion in Ukraine. Brother in Christ vs brother in Christ= not the real Jesus who is-Love, peace, unity.
Okay what group are you of ........
cause i keep seeing the word trinity religions . Just cause a clock is broken dont mean it aint right twice a day .
So
let
us try reading the bible .
Open the book to the gospel of JOHN .
Now read the beginning of it for a bit .
THEN BELIEVE WHAT IT SAYS . Dont try and twist what it says to deny the diety of Christ . That is all i am gonna say about that .
Men do as men do and men will sit under whoever they desire to sit .
THIS LAMB GONNA SIT UNDER JESUS and simply BELIEVE WHAT IS WRITTEN in the bible .
Try it my friend . IT works wonders for the soul and one will grow wise for doing so by the grace of GOD .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay what group are you of ........
cause i keep seeing the word trinity religions . Just cause a clock is broken dont mean it aint right twice a day .
So
let
us try reading the bible .
Open the book to the gospel of JOHN .
Now read the beginning of it for a bit .
THEN BELIEVE WHAT IT SAYS . Dont try and twist what it says to deny the diety of Christ . That is all i am gonna say about that .
Men do as men do and men will sit under whoever they desire to sit .
THIS LAMB GONNA SIT UNDER JESUS and simply BELIEVE WHAT IS WRITTEN in the bible .
Try it my friend . IT works wonders for the soul and one will grow wise for doing so by the grace of GOD .
How about this bible truth--No slaughtering of brothers( in Christ) is allowed.- 1John 3:10-12

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How about this bible truth--No slaughtering of brothers( in Christ) is allowed.- 1John 3:10-12
Me thinks you are a JW . So if you are , if you are , allow me some friendly loving advice .
FLEE It and return to the true bible my friend . Now if you are not a JW , well you cant blame a man for thinking you might be one .
And that was a real friendly , heartfelt reminder , cause i DO care for your soul .

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Me thinks you are a JW . So if you are , if you are , allow me some friendly loving advice .
FLEE It and return to the true bible my friend . Now if you are not a JW , well you cant blame a man for thinking you might be one .
And that was a real friendly , heartfelt reminder , cause i DO care for your soul .
God inspired his name in his bible over 7000 spots. Wicked men by satan's will removed it and replaced in the OT, every spot-GOD or LORD is=YHWH( Jehovah) belongs. and over 200 spots in NT where those spots are quoted. The New world translation whose translators had enough love and respect for God to put his name back where he willed it because he wants it there, was condemned by the religionssssssss using the altered versions-Why? Using altered versions is supporting satans will over Gods will= darkness. The name was removed to MISLEAD. I would never go to those religions using the altered versions.
This whole world better relook-99% are being mislead. How? like this-2Cor 11:12-15

Only One King

Jul 6, 2023
Busan
Faith
Christian
Country
Korea, Republic Of
There is no --i am that i am in the Hebrew written OT. Its a mistranslation-I will be what i will be is correct. According to Hebrew scholars.
Jesus just answered the question honestly-he lived before Abraham.
Interesting! The same Hebrew scholars say that "I Am that I Am" is the covenant name of God.

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The Quran cannot be compared to the Bible anymore than Allah can be compared to my God
May I suggest you reread the post I linked to and understand the argument.

The quantity says the bible is reliable, but the quantity contradicts the bible, therefore the quantity is not reliable.

Let me turn this whole argument around,
Would you believe arguments put forward by a Muslim that showed the superiority of the quran over the bible? I Don think you would.
But suppose that same Muslim arguing from the bible demonstrated the same argument?
That would provide food for thought. ( there are no such arguments, it is an illustration. )
That is what theatrical is trying to do, to show Muslims that the quran is not what they have been taught.

JosephZ

Jan 6, 2022
Davao City
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
The quantity says the bible is reliable, but the quantity contradicts the bible, therefore the quantity is not reliable.
The Bible is never mentioned in the Qur'an.

What do you think of the argument shown in this link
:-https://winteryknight.com/2023/07/05/what-should-christians-bring-up-when-discussing-truth-with-muslims-4/

That uses the queen's own claim that the inju was to be trusted and was reliable.
That because the quantity contradicted the gospels, which it says are trustworthy, the quantity cannot be trusted?
From the linked article:

"The crux of the argument is this: The Qur’an affirms the inspiration, authority, and preservation of the New Testament Gospels; yet the Qur’an also contradicts the Gospels on major theological and historical points. Therefore, the Qur’an cannot be reliable."

"...take note that the Qur’an actually says that Allah is responsible for sending Jesus and the “the Gospel,” referring to what we call the New Testament."

"Here’s the dilemma for Muslims: If the Gospels are not trustworthy, then the Qur’an is false because it teaches that the Gospels are the inspired, perfectly preserved, authoritative words of God. But if the Gospels are trustworthy, then the Qur’an is false because it teaches contradictory, mutually exclusive facts about key issues. Either way, the Qur’an is false."

This arguement is flawed because the Qu'ran isn't refering to the New Testament Gospels. The Gospel (Singular) that is recognized in the Qur'an is the gospel that was sent directly down to Jesus, not the gospels of Matthew, Luke, John, and Mark found in our Bible.

"And We sent, following in their footsteps, Jesus, the son of Mary, confirming that which came before him in the Torah; and We gave him the Gospel [Singular], in which was guidance and light and confirming that which preceded it of the Torah as guidance and instruction for the righteous." (Quran 5:46)

"We sent in their wake Our messengers, and followed up with Jesus son of Mary, and We gave him the Gospel [Singular], and instilled in the hearts of those who followed him compassion and mercy." (Qur'an 57:27)

If a Muslim were to be confronted with this arguement, they would be able to easily defend the Qur'an by explaining the difference between the New Testament Gospels found in our Bible, which are historical accounts of Jesus' ministry while on Earth written many years after his ascension, and the gospel that was sent directly down to Jesus, according to the Qur'an, while He was still on Earth.

I always suggest to people who want to witness to Muslims that before they begin, they should take the time to read the Qu'ran in its entirety and to learn as much as they can about what Islam teaches. This can prevent errors like the one found at the link you shared.

Paul is a perfect example for us to follow when it comes to witnessing to people of other religions and from different cultures. Paul understood Greek culture and was educated in the religions that the Greeks followed and their gods. He was able to incorporate their teachings into the teaching of the gospel, and we can do the same today when witnessing to Muslims. Also, when sharing the Gospel with a Muslim, criticizing their religion, Muhammad, or the Qur'an is neither effective nor necessary and only leads to discord. Our aim is not to condemn, insult, or embarrass Muslims, but to love, respect, and accept them, and we desire that they too will come to know Christ as we do.

"Sanctify Christ as Lord in your hearts, always being ready to make a defense to everyone who asks you to give an account for the hope that is in you, but with gentleness and respect;" (1 Peter 3:15)

Last edited:

Only One King

Jul 6, 2023
Busan
Faith
Christian
Country
Korea, Republic Of
When Jesus met Paul on his way to Damascus to round up and jail and or have Christians killed the Lord was straightforward with Him. Worrying about offending him was clearly of no concern.

Sharing the Truth in season and out of season does not imply one is insulting, embarrassing, or practicing condemnation and disrespect.

When sharing the Gospel of Christ and truths of the Bible walking on eggshells so not to offend those who threaten to kill you because their god who they proclaim is the same as yours, when he isn't, demands that the truth be told and spoken with boldness.

When our earthly parents disciplined us and told us the truth it was not well taken but as time went on we realized that they were trying to help us, save us and or protect us, thus being considered love. Likewise, when our Lord disciplines us the same is said to be true.

Gentleness indeed has its place when sharing Christ and the Word of God but pretending that we are being gentle and respectful so not to be offensive while holding back the fullness of the Truth while trying to sound smart and wise helps no one including ourselves. Also, being told and threaten without asking about the hope you have in Christ calls for a different approach.

Elijah, when facing the 850 false prophets challenged them and everyone around him with the truth not to condemn but to open the eyes of the blind. Whatever happens from there is up to the Lord not us. Our part is to speak up according to the season we find ourselves in. Although it may be hard to hear for some who are viciously against us it must be told anyway.

Last edited:

PinSeeker

Oct 4, 2021
Nashville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Bible is never mentioned in the Qur'an.
It is, actually. It's called "the book," and mentioned several times... really more so "the people of the book." So believers of the Bible are specifically mentioned, but of course the Bible is referenced indirectly.

If a Muslim were to be confronted with this arguement, they would be able to easily defend the Qur'an...
They have their stock answers and talking points, for sure. :)

...by explaining the difference between the New Testament Gospels found in our Bible, which are historical accounts of Jesus' ministry while on Earth written many years after his ascension, and the gospel that was sent directly down to Jesus, according to the Qur'an, while He was still on Earth.
Well, we know that Jesus Himself wrote no Scripture. It's all about Him, as He said (the Old Testament, which He calls "Moses and the prophets"... and of course the New Testament is about Him; the Gospels are biographies, as it were, and the rest of the New Testament epistles and Revelation are, also), but not written by Him.

I always suggest to people who want to witness to Muslims that before they begin, they should take the time to read the Qu'ran in its entirety and to learn as much as they can about what Islam teaches. This can prevent errors like the one found at the link you shared.
That's not bad advice, per se, but really, the Gospel is all that's needed. Our job is to proclaim. It's the Holy Spirit's place to open eyes and ears and hearts, which He may or may not do, according to the Father's will.

Also, when sharing the Gospel with a Muslim, criticizing their religion, Muhammad, or the Qur'an is neither effective nor necessary and only leads to discord. Our aim is not to condemn, insult, or embarrass Muslims, but to love, respect, and accept them, and we desire that they too will come to know Christ as we do.
Agreed.

Grace and peace to you, JosephZ.

Reactions: Only One King

JosephZ

Jan 6, 2022
Davao City
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
It is, actually. It's called "the book," and mentioned several times... really more so "the people of the book." So believers of the Bible are specifically mentioned, but of course the Bible is referenced indirectly.
This is a commonly held belief among non-Muslims; however, in Islam, the "People of the Book" are considered those nations/people who received previous revelations from God through the prophets. The "Book" isn't the Bible, but rather a book that is in the presence of God known as the Mother of Books. This Mother of Books is the source from which all messages and scriptures from God have come from; the Injil/Gospel of Jesus, the Zabur/Psalms of David, the Tawrat/Torah of Moses, and the Suhuf/Scrolls of Abraham. These are all individual books/scriptures and are not in the form of a single book like our Bible..

The Qur'an also originated from the Mother of Books.

Mother of Books duel.jpg

That's not bad advice, per se, but really, the Gospel is all that's needed. Our job is to proclaim. It's the Holy Spirit's place to open eyes and ears and hearts, which He may or may not do, according to the Father's will.
Agreed. We can only do our part which is to share the gospel and love the people as Christ loves us. It's the Holy Spirit that's doing the work of reaching the unbeliever, not us. We are simply the ones who share the gospel. In many cases the results may seem disappointing, but we should not be discouraged. We have no idea what God is doing in the lives of all the people we encounter and/or share the gospel with and we may never know. Someone we share the gospel with today may or may not come to Christ, but they may share what we have told them about Jesus with someone else in the future at which time the Holy Spirit convicts that person; a person we have never encountered or may never meet.

Grace and peace to you, JosephZ.
And also to you.

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Interesting! The same Hebrew scholars say that "I Am that I Am" is the covenant name of God.
No they dont. Hebrew scholars say --it translates--i will be what i will be. Catholicism translated it to --i am that i am.

JosephZ

Jan 6, 2022
Davao City
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Sharing the Truth in season and out of season does not imply one is insulting, embarrassing, or practicing condemnation and disrespect.
When sharing the Gospel of Christ and truths of the Bible walking on eggshells so not to offend those who threaten to kill you because their god who they proclaim is the same as yours, when he isn't, demands that the truth be told and spoken with boldness.
Do you believe sharing the Gospel of Christ and the truths of the Bible with Muslims requires one to slander their prophet, twist the words of their holy book, or telling them that they worship a different god?

For example, the Qur'an instructs Muslims to worship the God of Abraham.

"All food was permissible to the Children of Israel, except what Israel forbade for himself before the Torah was revealed. Say, “Bring the Torah, and read it, if you are truthful.” Whoever forges lies about God after that—these are the unjust. Say, “God has spoken the truth, so follow the religion of Abraham..." (Qur'an 3:93-95)

Follow the religion of Abraham, the Monotheist. He was not an idol-worshiper.” (Qur'an 16:123)

"We will worship thy God, the God of our forefathers Abraham and Ishmael and Isaac, the One God; and unto Him will we surrender ourselves." (Qur'an 2:133)

Why would someone witnessing to a Muslim try to convince them that they worship a different God when they already claim to worship the God of Abraham and believe in their heart and mind that they are worshiping the same God as we are? Doing this would only offend the Muslim. Why not follow the example of Paul instead? During his Areopagus sermon, he used the altar to the Unknown God and proclaimed that this unknown god was the God who revealed Himself in Jesus Christ.

There was also nothing condemning in Paul's sermon, in fact, he doesn't even tell the people that their god is a false god. Rather than take that approach he uses words from Aratus that invoke Zeus (A false god) when he says "For we are also His offspring" and follows with his own words in saying "Being then the children of God."

Paul stood in the midst of the Areopagus and said, “Men of Athens, I observe that you are very religious in all respects. For while I was passing through and examining the objects of your worship, I also found an altar with this inscription, ‘TO AN UNKNOWN GOD.’ Therefore what you worship in ignorance, this I proclaim to you. The God who made the world and all things in it, since He is Lord of heaven and earth, does not dwell in temples made with hands; nor is He served by human hands, as though He needed anything, since He Himself gives to all people life and breath and all things; and He made from one man every nation of mankind to live on all the face of the earth, having determined their appointed times and the boundaries of their habitation, that they would seek God, if perhaps they might grope for Him and find Him, though He is not far from each one of us; for in Him we live and move and exist, as even some of your own poets have said, 'For we are also His offspring.' Being then the children of God, we ought not to think that the Divine Nature is like gold or silver or stone, an image formed by the art and thought of man. Therefore having overlooked the times of ignorance, God is now declaring to men that all people everywhere should repent, because He has fixed a day in which He will judge the world in righteousness through a Man whom He has appointed, having furnished proof to all men by raising Him from the dead.”

Now when they heard of the resurrection of the dead, some began to sneer, but others said, “We shall hear you again concerning this.” So Paul went out of their midst. But some men joined him and believed, among whom also were Dionysius the Areopagite and a woman named Damaris and others with them.
(Acts 17:22-34)

When Paul had finished this sermon those who listened were not angry, hurt, or argumentative because Paul respected the beliefs of others and shared the gospel with them in a non-condemning way and without showing disapproval of them, their religion, or their faults.

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you believe sharing the Gospel of Christ and the truths of the Bible with Muslims requires one to slander their prophet, twist the words of their holy book, or telling them that they worship a different god?

For example, the Qur'an instructs Muslims to worship the God of Abraham.

"All food was permissible to the Children of Israel, except what Israel forbade for himself before the Torah was revealed. Say, “Bring the Torah, and read it, if you are truthful.” Whoever forges lies about God after that—these are the unjust. Say, “God has spoken the truth, so follow the religion of Abraham..." (Qur'an 3:93-95)

Follow the religion of Abraham, the Monotheist. He was not an idol-worshiper.” (Qur'an 16:123)

"We will worship thy God, the God of our forefathers Abraham and Ishmael and Isaac, the One God; and unto Him will we surrender ourselves." (Qur'an 2:133)

Why would someone witnessing to a Muslim try to convince them that they worship a different God when they already claim to worship the God of Abraham and believe in their heart and mind that they are worshiping the same God as we are? Doing this would only offend the Muslim. Why not follow the example of Paul instead? During his Areopagus sermon, he used the altar to the Unknown God and proclaimed that this unknown god was the God who revealed Himself in Jesus Christ.

There was also nothing condemning in Paul's sermon, in fact, he doesn't even tell the people that their god is a false god. Rather than take that approach he uses words from Aratus that invoke Zeus (A false god) when he says "For we are also His offspring" and follows with his own words in saying "Being then the children of God."

Paul stood in the midst of the Areopagus and said, “Men of Athens, I observe that you are very religious in all respects. For while I was passing through and examining the objects of your worship, I also found an altar with this inscription, ‘TO AN UNKNOWN GOD.’ Therefore what you worship in ignorance, this I proclaim to you. The God who made the world and all things in it, since He is Lord of heaven and earth, does not dwell in temples made with hands; nor is He served by human hands, as though He needed anything, since He Himself gives to all people life and breath and all things; and He made from one man every nation of mankind to live on all the face of the earth, having determined their appointed times and the boundaries of their habitation, that they would seek God, if perhaps they might grope for Him and find Him, though He is not far from each one of us; for in Him we live and move and exist, as even some of your own poets have said, 'For we are also His offspring.' Being then the children of God, we ought not to think that the Divine Nature is like gold or silver or stone, an image formed by the art and thought of man. Therefore having overlooked the times of ignorance, God is now declaring to men that all people everywhere should repent, because He has fixed a day in which He will judge the world in righteousness through a Man whom He has appointed, having furnished proof to all men by raising Him from the dead.”

Now when they heard of the resurrection of the dead, some began to sneer, but others said, “We shall hear you again concerning this.” So Paul went out of their midst. But some men joined him and believed, among whom also were Dionysius the Areopagite and a woman named Damaris and others with them.
(Acts 17:22-34)

When Paul had finished this sermon those who listened were not angry, hurt, or argumentative because Paul respected the beliefs of others and shared the gospel with them in a non-condemning way and without showing disapproval of them, their religion, or their faults.
Few listen to reason and must be shown in other ways. Like Jesus tried and tried with the Israelite leaders-they refused to listen to his kind ways, thus he told them off and told them their father was the devil.

JosephZ

Jan 6, 2022
Davao City
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Few listen to reason and must be shown in other ways. Like Jesus tried and tried with the Israelite leaders-they refused to listen to his kind ways, thus he told them off and told them their father was the devil.
Jesus was a Jew speaking Jewish leaders. They were not followers of another religion.

ButterflyJones

Feb 19, 2023
USA
youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Muhammad borrowed from Judaism and Christianity to create his doctrine.

In 622 A. D well after he proclaimed himself a prophet he took his invention to the Jews in Medina. They weren't receptive.

So really, the God he identified for his doctrine is that of the Jews and Christians.

Reactions: JosephZ

Only One King

Jul 6, 2023
Busan
Faith
Christian
Country
Korea, Republic Of
Jesus was a Jew speaking Jewish leaders. They were not followers of another religion.
Jesus was a Jew speaking Jewish leaders. They were not followers of another religion

So Islam follows the God of Abraham because they believe in Jesus whom God has sent? Or are they using the Bible as most false religions do, thus twisting the Scripture to their own advantage while promoting death to all who refuse to hear them?

Are we being a true testimony to Jesus by pretending that our God and Allah are in the same category?

Romans 1:16 - For I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God that brings salvation to everyone who believes: first to the Jew, then to the Gentile.

Personally, I am not ashamed of the Gospel for it is the power of the One true God whose name is not Allah. Neither will I pretend that Allah and Elohim are connected in any way or form. That is a scheme used by the devil not the Lord.
We plant, others water and God himself gives the increase.

Have you ever watched how a Muslim convert to Jesus Christ actually shares the Gospel? You can learn a lot from their approach. It is not done in the way you speak of. It's bold, direct and to the point.

With all due respect, I'm not sure if you actually share the gospel in defense of Christianity in person or just on the internet but I deal directly with Muslims in person week to week. I am a Christian who comes from a Jewish heritage yet we sit together. We eat together. I have learned from them that standing up for the Truth and what I believe is essential or they will not take me seriously.

My written word here may sound harsh but it is always soft spoken verbally and respectful but the Truth must be told. Interesting is that they keep coming back to hear more.

Being offensive comes in many colors.... but sharing the truth in love of the Gospel of Jesus Christ and the grace of God is not one of them.

Last edited:

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
which are historical accounts of Jesus' ministry while on Earth written many years after his ascension, and the gospel that was sent directly down to Jesus, according to the Qur'an, while He was still on Earth.
The new testament was written within the life time of the apostle, before 70 ad when Rome destroyed Jerusalem, its historic accuracy has been confirmed by many historians.

In comparison the quantity was not written down until long after the actual listeners to mohamed had died, also one of the hereditary leaders edited the quran so effectively that unlike the bible where many families of documents can be identified there are very few earlier examples of the qumran.
It's accuracy is as a result questionable.

They would be hard pressed to identify just what Jesus's message was from the qumran, in contrast the nt gives a clear message.

JosephZ

Jan 6, 2022
Davao City
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
So Islam follows the God of Abraham because they believe in Jesus whom God has sent?
Muslims follow the God of Abraham because they can trace their lineage back to him and that is what the Qur'an instructs them to do.

"Who would forsake the religion of Abraham, except he who fools himself?" We chose him in this world, and in the Hereafter he will be among the righteous. (Qur'an 130)

Below is what Islam teaches about Jesus:
  • His mother, Mary, was a virgin;
  • Jesus was the "Word" of God;
  • Jesus was the Messiah sent to the children of Israel;
  • Jesus confirmed the validity of the Torah;
  • Jesus lived a righteous life; performed miracles, healed the blind, the sick, and raised the dead;
  • Jesus removed some of the law of Moses;
  • Jesus was raised into Heaven, currently sits with God, and will return at the day of the Resurrection (Judgement Day);
  • Jesus is the only living prophet today.
The Angels said, “O Mary, God gives you good news of a Word from Him. His name is the Messiah, Jesus, son of Mary, well-esteemed in this world and the next, and one of the nearest. He will speak to the people from the crib, and in adulthood, and will be one of the righteous.”

She said, “My Lord, how can I have a child, when no man has touched me?”

“It will be so. God creates whatever He wills. To have anything done, He only says to it, ‘Be,’ and it is. And He will teach him the Scripture and wisdom, and the Torah and the Gospel. A messenger to the Children of Israel: I have come to you with a sign from your Lord. I make for you out of clay the figure of a bird; then I breathe into it, and it becomes a bird by God’s leave. And I heal the blind and the leprous, and I revive the dead, by God’s leave. And I inform you concerning what you eat, and what you store in your homes. In that is a sign for you, if you are believers. And verifying what lies before me of the Torah, and to make lawful for you some of what was forbidden to you. I have come to you with a sign from your Lord; so fear God, and obey me. God is my Lord and your Lord, so worship Him."
(Qur'an 3:45-51)

Or are they using the Bible as most false religions do, thus twisting the Scripture to their own advantage while promoting death to all who refuse to hear them?
Muslims do not use the Bible, nor do they promote death to all who refuse to hear them.

Are we being a true testimony to Jesus by pretending that our God and Allah are in the same category?
Muslims can trace their lineage back to Abraham, and the Qur'an instructs them to put their faith in the same God that Abraham did. As we know, Abraham worshiped the one true God, so what other god could Muslims be worshiping?

It's impossible to come to the conclusion that Muslims worship a different god than the God of Abraham if one reads the Qur'an and/or talks to Muslims about their faith and what they believe. Muslims do, of course, miss the most important aspect of Jesus: that He is the Way, the Truth, and the Life (John 14:6) and that He died for our sins according to the Scriptures (1 Corinthians 15:2-4), but regardless, they are still worshiping the God of Abraham.

We plant, others water and God himself gives the increase.
Yes, the gospel and the kingdom of God are all about planting, watering, and faith. When it comes to sharing the gospel our job is to plant and water seeds. It's God who makes things grow.

"What then is Apollos? And what is Paul? Servants through whom you believed, even as the Lord gave opportunity to each one. I planted, Apollos watered, but God was causing the growth. So then neither the one who plants nor the one who waters is anything, but God who causes the growth. Now he who plants and he who waters are one; but each will receive his own reward according to his own labor. For we are God’s fellow workers; you are God’s field, God’s building." (1 Corinthians 3:5-9)

With all due respect, I'm not sure if you actually share the gospel in defense of Christianity in person or just on the internet but I deal directly with Muslims in person week to week.
I lived in Turkey for 11 months in the mid-80s, and for the past 11 years I have been a missionary based in Davao City on the island of Mindanao, where I serve among a people group that is Sunni Muslim for the most part. The first five years I was in Davao, I resided in a Muslim community, and I was the only Christian living in the apartment building I lived in. My mission work takes me to the predominately Islamic communities and islands found in the Sulu Archipelago, where the Muslim population is anywhere from 70 to close to 100%, depending on the island.

I have devoted my life to the gospel, and I'm also willing to take this gospel wherever God leads me, even when it means putting my life at risk to do so.

Have you ever watched how a Muslim convert to Jesus Christ actually shares the Gospel? You can learn a lot from their approach. It is not done in the way you speak of. It's bold, direct and to the point.
As a missionary, I get to meet many former Muslims who have become Christians and a few who choose to work in their communities to introduce others to Christ. In fact, one of my good friends in Davao is a former Muslim from Saudi Arabia who found Christ when he was in his 30s when a Filipino foreign worker shared the gospel with him in his country. He is now in his late 40s and is a missionary to Muslims in Mindanao, like myself. I have never known him to have slandered Muhammad, criticized the Qur'an, or told the people that they worship a different god. As I mentioned in an earlier comment, criticizing Islam, Muhammad, or the Qur'an when witnessing to Muslims is neither effective nor necessary and only leads to discord. Besides, our job isn’t to prove Islam, the Qur'an or the Muslim wrong, it's to give a clear witness to the Truth of the Gospel. It's the Holy Spirit that will convict the Muslim and show him or her the errors in their ways if that is God's will for them.

My written word here may sound harsh but it is always soft spoken verbally and respectful but the Truth must be told. Interesting is that they keep coming back to hear more.
This is good to hear.

Last edited: