Jesus Is A God Of Conditional Love, Not Unconditional Love.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Vengle53

Aug 11, 2010
Ohio
They were not His children.

I didn't say God loves everyone. If they were God's children the He sure is an abusive parent.

That settles it then.

His love has to be conditional if he does not love everybody.

There has to be a reason he does not love the ones he does not love and that is love with conditions.

Vengle53

Aug 11, 2010
Ohio
Sound more like Jesus is saying that if we love Him we should keep His commandments... not in order for Him to love us... I believe He showed His love for us by dying for us when we were still sinners... healing us when we're still sinners... providing for us when we're still sinners... protecting us while we're still sinners... and so on...

Jesus also said to love our enemies so we would be like our Father who loves both the evil and the just...

I also think of Jesus asking for the Father's forgiveness for those that were condemning Him... the way He treated the woman caught in adultery... all the sinners he healed even the one saying, "Take up your mat and walk... your sins are forgiven you"

Because I believe Jesus is the perfect revelation of the Father I can't believe anything else but that God's love is perfect and unconditional thanks to His life... I might find something that disagrees with that outside of Jesus in the Law or the Prophets but I've learned not to build three tabernacles that make Elijah, Moses and Jesus as equals... Jesus is His beloved Son in whom He is well pleased so I should just hear Him... otherwise I'm still seeing the Father through a veil...

Much Love...

PS: I do agree that if I love Him I'll keep His commandments... with how many ways I've failed at following Him I think it's best for me to now just say, "God be merciful to me a sinner"

John 14:21 "He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him."

TexUs

Nov 18, 2010
John 14:21 "He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him."
The condition is "he that loves me".
Who is "he that loves me"???
"He who keeps my commandments"
Nobody can keep his commandments apart from the Spirit.
Does the Spirit indwell non believers? No. This must be talking about Christians.

IanLC

Encounter Team
Mar 22, 2011
North Carolina
Jesus is love and his love is unconditional and eternal! If he wasn't he wouldn't have died for all people's sins. He would have not took the time to come down and redeem man. That is love without conditions if you ask me. And He stayed on the cross even when He knew that people would still reject and deny him! My God that is love!

Eccl.12:13

Aug 28, 2010
God loves everybody.... He proved it by sending His son to die for the sins of the whole world.

"And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world."

But why does that love that God has for the whole world not allow the whole world to enter into His coming kingdom?

Why will NOT the whole world be saved?

What is it that is different between those that will make it into God's kingdom and those that will not?

What did those that are allowed entrance into His kingdom do different?

Was it faith? And if by faith, was it faith alone?

Rom.10
[12] For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.

So there is no difference....what the Jew must do far salvation is the samething the Greek must do. And what must they both do? Let's read..
[13] For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

But is that all?

[14] How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?

So it takes more than calling on God's name! Is there more?

[15] And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!

Not ALL preachers, but only those sent by God! And is there more?

[16] But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report?

So along with all that was mentioned one must also OBEY the gospel!

[17] So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

So there are certain condition for entrance into His kingdom.