Jesus is either God or is not God: There is no 'In Between'

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My God is the Father alone. The Messiah’s God is the Father alone. Israel’s God is the Father alone.

The Messiah will deal with the wayward rabbis of the world when the time comes.

My plea to them is to repent and return to the God of the fathers.

There is no God besides their God alone. Those who follow other deities will be put to shame.
Jesus is the only God there is.

You can speak to Him about it when He returns.

Like these guys. Matthew 7:21-23

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So is your God one person, Jesus?

What, if anything, do you say to Jesus about his God?
You might not be as educated in Scripture as you think.

Because God Himself calls Jesus God.
Hebrews 1:8

Hmm.

That's a doozy for ya.
mature-man-pulling-a-funny-face-of-surprise-with-wide-eyes-picture-id1242574920

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
You might not be as educated in Scripture as you think.

Because God Himself calls Jesus God.

Hmm.

That's a doozy for ya.
mature-man-pulling-a-funny-face-of-surprise-with-wide-eyes-picture-id1242574920

God himself (Jesus) calls Jesus God?

God himself (not Jesus) calls Jesus elohim / theos.

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God himself (Jesus) calls Jesus God?
The Father calls the Son 'God.'

Maybe you just can't read. No worries, some can't.

Here, I'll post the whole verse for you and we can take it one word, or thought, at a time.

"But unto the Son, He (the Father) saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: ..."

Now, just ask if you run into trouble. I'm right here to assist.

Start with 'But'.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
The Father calls the Son 'God.'

Maybe you just can't read. No worries, some can't.

Here, I'll post the whole verse for you and we can take it one word, or thought, at a time.

"But unto the Son, He (the Father) saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: ..."

Now, just ask if you run into trouble. I'm right here to assist.

Start with 'But'.

No trouble.

RedFan

May 15, 2022
New Hampshire
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Philo of Alexandria (20 B.C. - 40 A.D.) occupies a unique place in the history of philosophy. He was a Jewish thinker living in one of the most important cities of the ancient world during a pivotal time. Much of Philo's work is focused on the transcendence of God and the "Logos." The notion of the Logos was deeply ingrained in Greek philosophy during the first century. But what makes the Philonic Logos particularly compelling is that the Gospel of John (the Evangelist) calls Jesus Christ the "Logos" (John 1:1-3). Questions have subsequently arisen regarding what extent, if any, Christian doctrines such as the Incarnation are derivative of Philo. The aim of this article is to provide a brief sketch of the Philonic Logos and compare it with the Johannine Logos. A close analysis shows only surface level similarities between these two conceptions.

Such are the musings of Adam Davis. But consider Thyssen's analysis (I've just uploaded it for you). He makes the case for the contrary view, that Philo's and Hellenstic Jewish philosophy's influence on John's Prologue was extensive.

Attachments

• Thyssen, PHILOSOPHICAL CHRISTOLOGY IN THE NEW TESTAMENT.pdf
    223.8 KB · Views: 0

Ed McKee

Jun 25, 2022
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus is the only God there is.

You can speak to Him about it when He returns.

Like these guys. Matthew 7:21-23

Why are waiting till he returns??? I've had many many conversations with God. But of course, you know that Jesus said his Father was the only true God in John 17:3, so what kind of god then do you think Jesus is since nether Jesus or HS can be the true God. I didn't say it, Jesus did.

RedFan

May 15, 2022
New Hampshire
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But of course, you know that Jesus said his Father was the only true God in John 17:3, so what kind of god then do you think Jesus is since nether Jesus or HS can be the true God. I didn't say it, Jesus did.

Slight correction: the author of John's Gospel SAID that Jesus said it. But Jesus would never, in a conversation with the Father, have referred to himself as "Jesus Christ" (17:3). John is putting words in Jesus' mouth to make a theological point for his readers.

Ed McKee

Jun 25, 2022
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Slight correction: the author of John's Gospel SAID that Jesus said it. But Jesus would never, in a conversation with the Father, have referred to himself as "Jesus Christ" (17:3). John is putting words in Jesus' mouth to make a theological point for his readers.

As I said before here a couple times what you or anyone else thinks matters no to me. What the Bible says does. If you are saying that Jesus didn't say what John said he did then you don't believe the Bible or John was lying, which is your privilege if you want. If Jesus said it and the Bible says he did then it is fact, unless you think Jesus was lying or didn't know what he was talking about. Jesus said that his Father was the only true God which could only mean that no one else is, including Jesus or HS.

Show me the scripture that says John was merely making a theological point and I'll believe it. Opinions not backed up by scripture mean nothing.

RedFan

May 15, 2022
New Hampshire
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Show me the scripture that says John was merely making a theological point and I'll believe it. Opinions not backed up by scripture mean nothing.

In my opinion the world is not flat, but round. I have no Scripture cite to back my opinion up, and I believe that Scriptural references suggesting a flat earth, like “the four corners of the earth” (Is. 11:12) and “the ends of the earth” (Job 37:3), are pure figures of speech, not to be taken literally.

Is my opinion about round earth, unsubstantiated by Scripture, wrong for that reason?

John wasn't lying. What he wrote was theological truth, just not necessarily literal truth. It's the theological truth that matters. He wasn't trying to chronicle. He was trying to persuade. He says so himself in John 20:31.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
In my opinion the world is not flat, but round. I have no Scripture cite to back my opinion up, and I believe that Scriptural references suggesting a flat earth, like “the four corners of the earth” (Is. 11:12) and “the ends of the earth” (Job 37:3), are pure figures of speech, not to be taken literally.

Is my opinion about round earth, unsubstantiated by Scripture, wrong for that reason?

John wasn't lying. What he wrote was theological truth, just not necessarily literal truth. It's the theological truth that matters. He wasn't trying to chronicle. He was trying to persuade. He says so himself in John 20:31.
Pro_8:27 When He set in place Shomayim, I was there; when He drew a khoog (circle, horizon) upon the face of the tehom,
Isa_40:22 It is He that sitteth above the circle of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof are like chagavim (grasshoppers); that stretcheth out Shomayim like a curtain, and spreadeth them out like an ohel to dwell in;
OJB
J.