Jesus is either God or is not God: There is no 'In Between'

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Many times we lose the main point by getting caught up in all the details of Scripture.

The main thing is that Jesus is either God or He is not.

There is the true God, and then there all the rest of us created beings: there is no 'almost' God.

God is the most high God, because there is no created being anywhere near being God, other than God Himself.

If Jesus is just another created being and man, who behaved himself heroically on earth, then he's a real hero worthy of respect and admiration and study, just like all famous or infamous men and angels, but he is not any man's savior nor redeemer nor lord nor god.

Only God can be my Savior and Redeemer and God: I am not saved by Superman, nor by a new Gilgamesh or Herakles.

All those who reject Jesus as God, only make things confusing by also hypocritically trying to honor Him as something between God and every other created being.

In Scripture, there is no such thing.

The Mediator between God and man is not another created being somewhere in between man, the angels, and God.

There is God the Creator and eternal Spirit, and there is all of us created spiritual beings among men and angels.

That's it.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All those who reject Jesus as God, only make things confusing by also hypocritically trying to honor Him as something between God and every other created being.

Not sure why this is confusing. Scripture says that all glory goes to God and that Jesus, the Son of God, Liberating King, Savior of the world and our master (lord) is God's servant. Acts 3:13.

Years ago I read a book about the real George Washington. At the end, the author pointed out that he was the 1st American honored with a holiday, along with Columbus and Jesus Christ. There is a hierachy in Scripture that should clear up any confusion. 1 COR 11:3. We pray to God YHWH (who relate to as Father) in the name of his Son Jesus. So, what's confusing you?

Reactions: APAK

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not sure why this is confusing. Scripture says that all glory goes to God and that Jesus, the Son of God, Liberating King, Savior of the world and our master (lord) is God's servant. Acts 3:13.

Years ago I read a book about the real George Washington. At the end, the author pointed out that he was the 1st American honored with a holiday, along with Columbus and Jesus Christ. There is a hierachy in Scripture that should clear up any confusion. 1 COR 11:3. We pray to God YHWH (who relate to as Father) in the name of his Son Jesus. So, what's confusing you?
Do you know God?

Reactions: marks

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

On fire again....ouch

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Robert you cannot answer a question with a question. What is the answer to the question of what specifically confuses you about Jesus not being God?
That's not a question for me, because I never said it confuses me about Jesus not being God.

Saying Jesus is not God is simple. I understand that.

The confusion is only when them rejecting Him as God, then try to make him a christ that is almost like God, sort of God, but more than man. A created creature somewhere in between God and His creatures.

There is no such thing. There is God the Creator, and there is the rest of us created by Him.

If Jesus is not God, then He is not God, and he is just one of us created creatures.

My Savior is Christ my Lord and my God. Your christ is not God.

And so, do you know God?

Do you know Jesus Christ?

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We pray to God YHWH (who relate to as Father) in the name of his Son Jesus. So, what's confusing you?
When we pray to God in Jesus' Name, we are acknowledging, and giving praise/credit to, all that God accomplished upon the earth in the flesh.

Jesus' life upon the earth changed everything. His sacrifice eliminated all further need for animal sacrifice for sins, it put us in direct contact with God Almighty - negating the need for an earthly priest by giving us direct access to The Spirit (God) - and paved the way to redemption for all who are given faith to believe and choose to live after His example.

Thank you, God Almighty, for all that you did upon the earth for us. In Jesus' Name we pray.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wrangler

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If Jesus is not God, then He is not God at all.

He is not to be worshipped, praised, nor honored as God at all.

No more than we would worship and praise any creature created such as ourselves.

Those who reject Jesus as God, honor him only as another man as themselves.

There is no in between.

And hero worship for fellow man deified as a god is paganism.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No more than we would worship and praise any creature created such as ourselves.

There is no in between.
Again, you are simply ignoring or denying the hierarchy of 1 COR 11:3.

There is an in between and his name is Jesus. See 1 Timothy 2:5 (NLT) There is one God and one Mediator who can reconcile God and humanity—the man Christ Jesus.

You are speaking contrary to Scripture at every post.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
nor honored as God at all
I think you are confusing deity with divinity.

Angels are divine, in that they are 'of God.' Jesus, being the Son is also 'of God.' But neither are a deity. How many times does YHWH have to say he alone is our God? You do recognize that YHWH said this, right?

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Many times we lose the main point by getting caught up in all the details of Scripture.

The main thing is that Jesus is either God or He is not.

There is the true God, and then there all the rest of us created beings: there is no 'almost' God.

God is the most high God, because there is no created being anywhere near being God, other than God Himself.

If Jesus is just another created being and man, who behaved himself heroically on earth, then he's a real hero worthy of respect and admiration and study, just like all famous or infamous men and angels, but he is not any man's savior nor redeemer nor lord nor god.

Only God can be my Savior and Redeemer and God: I am not saved by Superman, nor by a new Gilgamesh or Herakles.

In Scripture, there is no such thing.

The Mediator between God and man is not another created being somewhere in between man, the angels, and God.

There is God the Creator and eternal Spirit, and there is all of us created spiritual beings among men and angels.

That's it.

Jesus is the Only Begotten Son of God as the scriptures say he is. The apostle John repeatedly describes the Lord Jesus Christ as the Only Begotten Son of God.(John 1:14; 3:16,18; 1John 4:9) This is not in reference to his human birth or to him as just the man Jesus. As the Logos or Word, "this one was in the beginning with God," even "before the world was."(John 1:1, 2; 17:5, 24) At that time while in his prehuman state of existence, he is described as the "Only Begotten Son" whom his Father sent "into the world."(1John 4:9)
An angel who was part of creation chose to desire something he didn't have the right to desire which was, worship. This angel kept focusing on this inappropriate desire until he finally acted upon this desire when he confronted Eve and deceived her into believing lies about the True God, and deceiving her to believe she would be a goddess if she ate the fruit from the forbidden tree.
Most people don't have faith that God can send another person who's a part of creation, his Only Begotten Son, to undo what another person of creation did which was that angel who became Satan and the Devil.
Many people are teaching people to deny that God sent his Only Begotten Son to mankind and so are teaching people to deny that it was the Only Begotten Son of God who died for mankind.

Reactions: DavidB and Wrangler

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think you are confusing deity with divinity.

Angels are divine, in that they are 'of God.' Jesus, being the Son is also 'of God.' But neither are a deity. How many times does YHWH have to say he alone is our God? You do recognize that YHWH said this, right?
So, I've answered your question.

Now, do you know God? Do you know Jesus Christ?

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus is the Only Begotten Son of God as the scriptures say he is. The apostle John repeatedly describes the Lord Jesus Christ as the Only Begotten Son of God.(John 1:14; 3:16,18; 1John 4:9) This is not in reference to his human birth or to him as just the man Jesus. As the Logos or Word, "this one was in the beginning with God," even "before the world was."(John 1:1, 2; 17:5, 24) At that time while in his prehuman state of existence, he is described as the "Only Begotten Son" whom his Father sent "into the world."(1John 4:9)
An angel who was part of creation chose to desire something he didn't have the right to desire which was, worship. This angel kept focusing on this inappropriate desire until he finally acted upon this desire when he confronted Eve and deceived her into believing lies about the True God, and deceiving her to believe she would be a goddess if she ate the fruit from the forbidden tree.
Most people don't have faith that God can send another person who's a part of creation, his Only Begotten Son, to undo what another person of creation did which was that angel who became Satan and the Devil.
Many people are teaching people to deny that God sent his Only Begotten Son to mankind and so are teaching people to deny that it was the Only Begotten Son of God who died for mankind.
Do you know God? Do you know Jesus Christ?

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus is either God or is not God: There is no 'In Between'
OP ^

Gods Word IS God. (Word aka Jesus)
Gods Power IS God. (Power aka Christ)

There is an “in between”...the tweeners, which are the PEOPLE...
Not the Lord God Almighty Himself, Always in Agreement with Himself.

*** Mankind has 3 distinct LIFE’s and LIFE sources...
Applicable to An INDIVIDUAL ONE MAN.

1) BLOOD....Life source of the mans BODY....that MUST DIE.

2) Gods BREATH...Life source of the mans SOUL...Already IS DEAD, if it is not SAVED, via Gods POWER.

2) Gods SPIRIT...Life source of the mans SPIRIT...Already IS DEAD, if it is not QUICKENED by Gods SEED, via Gods POWER.

***Each of Mankind’s LIVES was given Him, at DIFFERENT TIMES.

1) FIRST the formed BODY...

2) and THEN the SOUL....

3) and THEN (for those expressly choosing)....natural spirit, ReBORN, a QUICKENED SPIRIT...

* NOT a mystery...manKIND was created and made IN GODS LIKENESS...
* NOT a mystery...manKIND has multiple NAMES, multiple TITLES, multiple DESCRIPTIONS

Why it it still a mystery...(to some)...Gods 3 Distinctions?
IS ONE INDIVIDUAL Lord God Almighty
IS ONE INDIVIDUAL Son, Father, Holy Spirit
IS ONE INDIVIDUAL Word, Will, Power
IS ONE INDIVIDUAL Jesus, Rock, Christ
IS ONE INDIVIDUAL Truth, Life, Way
IS ONE INDIVIDUAL He, Mine, I AM

Each of Gods LIVES was REVEALED, at DIFFERENT TIMES.

1) God -Creator and Maker
2) Holy Spirit -Power -Called CHRIST
3) Lord -Maker -Called Word, JESUS

NOT a mystery...manKIND fell from BEING in Gods LIKENESS.
NOT a mystery...GOD is on a MISSION, that ALL men, HEAR, and (Gods Desire) that ALL men FREELY Choose, to BECOME “IN GODS LIKENESS”.

* WHAT can an individual man GIVE TO GOD, in exchange for GOD’s unmerited Grace to MAKE a man SAVED forever WITH GOD?

* the ONE and only most precious things a man possesses...
His own Body’s LIFE.

* and WHAT is one mans BODILY Life...to God?
A mans BODILY LIFE “given to God”?
IS, Gods INHERITANCE!

Youbetcha God is on a MISSION to restore mens souls, to quicken mens spirits, glorify mens body’s.....
IT IS HIS INHERITANCE at stake.

WHAT man would say...eh, my ENEMY is trying to STEAL my inheritance...oh well, gee, darn ?

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you know God? Do you know Jesus Christ?

I know who the person is that Jesus Christ said is the only true God and what this person's name is and what it means. Do you?
I know what the Bible reveals to be the four main attributes of this person that Jesus said was the only true God. Do you?
I know what the only true God’s greatest expression of love for mankind was. Do you?
I know how we can enjoy friendship with the only true God. Do you?

THERE are many famous people in the world. Some are well-known in their own community, city, or country. Others are known worldwide. However, just knowing the name of someone famous does not mean that you truly know him. It does not mean that you know details about his background and what he is really like as a person.

People around the world have heard something about Jesus Christ, even though he lived on earth some 2,000 years ago. Yet, many are confused about who Jesus really was. Some say that he was merely a good man. Others claim that he was nothing more than a prophet. Still others believe that Jesus is God and should be worshipped.

It is important for us to know the truth about Jesus. Because the Bible says: “This means everlasting life, their coming to know you, the only true God, and the one whom you sent, Jesus Christ." (John 17:3)
So coming to know the only true God and Jesus Christ can lead to everlasting life. (John 14:6) Furthermore, Jesus sets the best example of how to live and how to treat others. (John 13:34, 35)