Jesus is the answer. - But what's the question?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think you need to lighten up a little.....no one was speaking against the son of God.
Well said, thank you. Great post!

The notion of a grim, stone-faced God scanning the globe for trivial reasons to be offended is utterly alien to my Christianity.
Well said. Thanks. Great post!

/

Reactions: Spyder and Lambano

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Which "Jesus" are you referring to? Jesus of the Bible Who said BILLIONS of humans will burn in Hell fire "forever and ever"?
1708413271981.png
ONLY Satan's children would think that's funny.

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What verse are you referencing that says that Jesus is the answer?
Seriously?
Would you claim that Jesus is NOT the answer if I couldn't come up
with an exact Bible quote saying "Jesus is the answer"?

The word Trinity isn't in the Bible. Do you believe in the Trinity?

Do we have to have a verse for everything we talk about?
This comes to mind. The question would be: "Who is the Messiah?"
What would be the answer? ____________________ (fill in the blank)

Mark 8:27-30 NIV
Jesus and his disciples went on to the villages around Caesarea Philippi.
On the way he asked them, “Who do people say I am?”
28 They replied, “Some say John the Baptist; others say Elijah;
and still others, one of the prophets.”
29 “But what about you?” he asked. “Who do you say I am?”
Peter answered, “You are the Messiah.”
30 Jesus warned them not to tell anyone about him.

/

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The body of Christ was devoured by wolves shortly after Paul died. None of the sheep were spared:
Christ said he would build his church. You say it was devoured.
There's a contradiction here somewhere.

I remember now. You preach the latter rain gospel. Correct?

/

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What question(s) does Jesus answer by BEING the answer?
Here's a good question, and I'm grateful to our friend, old "Doubting Thomas", for having the guts to come right out and ask what was on his heart:
43_Jhn_14_05.jpg

Reactions: St. SteVen

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are the questions more important than the answers?

Sometimes the question on our hearts is unstated. In Martha's case, the unstated question might've been, "Lord, where the hell were you when my brother died?" Is the answer in verse 25?

6076.jpg

(And if my mode of making this point offends people, so be it.)

Reactions: St. SteVen

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
(And if my mode of making this point offends people, so be it.)
Matthew 13:57 NIV
And they took offense at him.
But Jesus said to them, “A prophet is not without honor
except in his own town and in his own home.”

/

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here's another question that gets asked a lot, in one form or another. Is Jesus's answer in verse 5, or verse 25?

John-9-2-WEB-His-disciples-asked-him--Rabbi-who-sinned-this-I43009002-L01.jpg

FaithWillDo

Mar 1, 2023
Fort Collins, CO, USA
www.greatmysteryofchrist.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Seriously?

/
Dear St. SteVen,
You asked:

Yes, I would. God's Word tells us to not to add to the teachings of scripture.

This verse applies:

1Cor 4:6 Now, brothers and sisters, I have applied these things to myself and Apollos for your benefit, so that you may learn from us the meaning of the saying, “Do not go beyond what is written.” Then you will not be puffed up in being a follower of one of us over against the other.

When Christ and Paul were asked a question, they would frequently say "what sayeth the scripture" or words to that effect. When I make a post on the forum, I also frequently support my statements with scripture. In contrast, I have noticed that most other posters on this forum frequently omit any scriptural support for their statements. And their statements are usually nothing more than reasonings of the carnal mind. This is true of the subject of this thread (Jesus is the answer).

Adding to what is revealed to us from scripture can easily lead to error. If God's Word wanted us to know that "Jesus is the answer", Christ would have given us a double witness of scripture stating that truth.

You asked:

No, I do not. That doctrine is a false extrabiblical teaching which comes from the apostate church. It is "leaven" that has been hidden in the truth of God (bread):

Mat 13:33 Another parable spake he unto them; The kingdom of heaven is like unto leaven, which a woman took, and hid in three measures of meal, till the whole was leavened.

You asked:

The question does not have to come from scripture but the answer should (what sayeth the scripture). By quoting Mark 8:27-30, you answered the question in the manner as taught by scripture. However, scripture also says that to prove a truth, two or three scriptures (witnesses) are required. This concept is a requirement of the Law.

Christ teaches His Apostles this concept below:

Luke 22:35 And he said unto them, When I sent you without purse, and scrip, and shoes, lacked ye any thing? And they said, Nothing. 36 Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: AND HE THT HATH NO SWORD, LET HIM SELL HIS GARMENT, AND BUY ONE. 37 For I say unto you, that this that is written must yet be accomplished in me, And he was reckoned among the transgressors: for the things concerning me have an end. 38 AND THEY SAID, LORD, BEHOLD, HERE ARE TWO SWORDS. AND HE SAID UNTO THEM, IT IS ENOUGH.

Do you understand the spiritual language of Christ? The "sword" is the Word of God. When Christ sent the apostles out into the world to teach the Gospel, He told them to carry a sword. When the apostles responded, they said they had two swords. Christ responded that two was enough. In other words, a double witness of scripture is enough to prove any truth.

Likewise, when we go out into the world to teach the Gospel, we, too, should be armed in the same manner.

Joe

Last edited:

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Humor is such a truly gigantic part of human life - a way to cope with the worst of life's challenges and trials, a way to defuse anger, a way to keep peace in the family - that I have to believe it is a VERY LARGE aspect of God's creative nature and a VERY LARGE part of His plan for His creation. The notion of a grim, stone-faced God scanning the globe for trivial reasons to be offended is utterly alien to my Christianity. I realize that FaithWillDo's position is not an uncommon one, but in my Christianity taking God's name in vain and profaning God's name are far more serious matters than a wry bumper sticker or funny little story. It kind of reminds me of all the Puritan rules and regulations that pretty much amounted to a new commandment: Thou Shalt Not Enjoy Life.
quote-may-god-protect-me-from-gloomy-saints-saint-teresa-of-avila-1-35-23.jpg

Reactions: Mr E and O'Darby

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I thought the bumper sticker of my college days - HONK IF YOU'RE JESUS - was a hoot and a wry commentary on the HONK IF YOU LOVE JESUS nonsense.
I saw a story in our local newspaper (back when newspapers were still a thing):

The author was stopped at a red light behind a car with a HONK IF YOU LOVE JESUS bumper sticker. Being happy to see a fellow brother in Christ, he honked his horn. The driver of the car ahead jumped out of his car, gave him the finger, and yelled, "CAN'T YOU SEE THE LIGHT'S RED, YOU @#!*%$ MORON?!?!"

O'Darby

Feb 17, 2024
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I saw a story in our local newspaper (back when newspapers were still a thing):

The author was stopped at a red light behind a car with a HONK IF YOU LOVE JESUS bumper sticker. Being happy to see a fellow brother in Christ, he honked his horn. The driver of the car ahead jumped out of his car, gave him the finger, and yelled, "CAN'T YOU SEE THE LIGHT'S RED, YOU @#!*%$ MORON?!?!"
As I was thinking about it, @FaithWillDo would presumably approve the HONK IF YOU LOVE JESUS sticker but regard HONK IF YOU'RE JESUS as profane and blasphemous. Ironic?

FaithWillDo

Mar 1, 2023
Fort Collins, CO, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christ said he would build his church. You say it was devoured.
There's a contradiction here somewhere.

I remember now. You preach the latter rain gospel. Correct?

/
Dear St. SteVen,
I do not "preach the Latter Rain gospel". I teach the truth of God's Word which proclaims that a person is only saved after they have received both the Early and Latter Rains of the Spirit.

James 5:7 Be patient therefore, brethren, unto the coming of the Lord. Behold, the farmer waiteth for the precious fruit of the earth, and hath long patience for it, until he receives the EARLY and LATTER RAIN. 8 Be ye also patient; stablish your hearts: for the coming of the Lord draweth nigh.

The believers to whom James is writing have only received the Early Rain of the Spirit. They are still waiting for the Lord to return with the Latter Rain.

Paul teaches this truth here:

Heb 9:28 So Christ was sacrificed once to take away the sins of many; and he will appear a second time, not to bear sin, but to bring salvation to those who are waiting for him.

When Christ first comes to a person, He will give them the Early Rain of the Spirit. At this time, Christ will only appear to them "in the flesh" as when He did when He went to the cross. This happens because the new believer will remain spiritually blind and carnally minded after receiving the Early Rain. They will not be able to see Christ spiritually which will leave the truth of God's Word concealed from their understanding.

John makes this statement below about the apostate church (believers who have the spirit of anti-Christ):

1John 4:3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

Apostate believers don't realize that when Christ first came to them, He did so "in the flesh". In other words, an apostate believer denies that they have only received the Early Rain of the Spirit and are not converted. They don't believe that they must wait on the Lord to "come again" with the Latter Rain for their salvation and conversion. Because they don't realize their true spiritual state, they dwell in "peace and safety" in the apostate church, believing that they are following Christ when they are not.

1The 5:3 For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.

This verse above applies to the birthing analogy. When Christ comes to a fallen away Elect believer, He will bring "sudden destruction" upon them with His judgment. When this judgment is complete, the Elect believer will be converted and the new child of God will be born.

There are no churches/denominations that understand this truth taught by the Early and Latter Rains used in the farming analogy because they remain spiritually blind and are consuming Satan's leavened bread. They deny that Christ ever came to them in the flesh (the Early Rain).

The true church consists of only converted Elect believers who have received both the Early and Latter Rains of the Spirit.

Mat 22:14 For many are called, but few are chosen.

The "many" who are "called" will enter the church after they receive the Early Rain of the Spirit. This is when a person is espoused to Christ. But because they remain spiritually blind, they will be deceived by Satan and will not remain faithful. In other words, they will commit fornication with Satan (believing Satan over Christ) and will fall from grace. This occurs when the spirit of anti-Christ enters the new believer and they are made "worse than the first" (Mat 12:43-45). This event is the Abomination of Desolation.

All called out believers will remain in this deceived & fallen away state until they die UNLESS they are one of the "few" who have also been "chosen" from the foundation of the world. For them (the Elect), their days as a man of sin will be shortened (Mat 24:22) since they will be harvested early as a First Fruit of Christ's harvest of mankind. Because their days are shortened, Christ will "come again" to them before they die. At that time, He will pour out the Latter Rain of the Spirit upon them and heal their spiritual blindness. Now with "eyes that can see", the Elect believer will see the A of D that had previously occurred within themselves, along with the man of sin being revealed.

These verses apply:

Jer 3:3 Therefore the showers have been withholden, and there hath been no Latter Rain; and thou hadst a whore's forehead, thou refusedst to be ashamed.

1Sam 12:17 Is it not wheat harvest to day? I will call unto the LORD, and he shall send thunder and RAIN
(Latter Rain); that ye may perceive and see that your wickedness is great, which ye have done in the sight of the LORD, in asking you a king.

When a fallen away Elect believer sees these signs (among others), Christ says this:

Luke 21:27 And then shall they see the Son of man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. 28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

When Christ appears to them, He will gather the Elect believer (who is now a child of God) to dwell with Him in heaven (spiritually speaking). This is the moment an Elect believer is saved after having fallen away. However, they are still not yet converted. To convert the Elect believer, Christ's judgment will fall on them. With this judgment, Christ will remove and destroy the spirit of anti-Christ & the Great Harlot (Mat 24:40-41) which still remains within the believer. With their destruction, only the Holy Spirit will remain within the believer. This spiritual process is called the "First Resurrection" in Rev 20:5.

It is also called "conversion" and is mentioned by John the Baptist below:

Mat 3:11 I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Spirit (Latter Rain), and with Fire (judgment):

After the Elect believer is converted, they will forever dwell in the Kingdom of Heaven and the gates of hell will not be able to prevail against them.

Mat 16:18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

This is the true church which still exists in the world today. It is "few" in numbers and is unknown by this world - unlike Satan's church which is made up of "many" and is greatly known by the world.

Joe

Last edited:

FaithWillDo

Mar 1, 2023
Fort Collins, CO, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As I was thinking about it, @FaithWillDo would presumably approve the HONK IF YOU LOVE JESUS sticker but regard HONK IF YOU'RE JESUS as profane and blasphemous. Ironic?
Dear O'Darby,
Jesus is holy and righteous. It is wrong to place His name on a bumper sticker regardless of how it is used. Christ should not be brought down to being some type of advertisement or joke. It is very inappropriate and it violates the second commandment.
Joe

Reactions: O'Darby

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The answer to spiritual annuity by the end of life. He will supply you with eternal life-during waters, and eternal life-during bread. A peace which is not known in this world because this world doesn't give this type of peace, but is known by heavenly merit to have peace with Yahava.