Jesus is the answer. - But what's the question?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Us guys?
How will you do in the "everyone-in-the-pool" BBQ?
Mt 7 Narrow is the way that leads to life and FEW there be who find it!

So what does "few" mean. Jesus explained. "As in the days of Noah..." ONLY 8 were saved. "As in the days of Lot..." ONLY 3 were saved.
Mark 9:49 NIV
Everyone will be salted with fire.
You twist Scripture like JW's.

Revelation 20:15
15 And anyone not found written in the Book of Life was cast into the lake of fire.

Last edited:

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So what does "few" mean.
Indeed. What does it mean? (that whole scripture, I mean)
We better hope it has NOTHING to do with salvation.

Is God making sport with our souls? Few find it?
Have you bothered to think about what you are claiming?

Did God make the way to him so difficult to find that only a small percentage will make it?
A puzzle so hard to solve that EVEN if one tries with all their might, only a few get it right?

What sort of diabolical monster have you created?

/

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Indeed. What does it mean? (that whole scripture, I mean)
You conveniently evaded my explanation.

So what does "few" mean. Jesus explained. "As in the days of Noah..." ONLY 8 were saved. "As in the days of Lot..." ONLY 3 were saved.
We better hope it has NOTHING to do with salvation.

Is God making sport with our souls? Few find it?
Have you bothered to think about what you are claiming?

Did God make the way to him so difficult to find that only a small percentage will make it?
A puzzle so hard to solve that EVEN if one tries with all their might, only a few get it right?

What sort of diabolical monster have you created?
But you clearly implied you don't believe any of the Bible is the written Word of God.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Dear St. SteVen,
I do not "preach the Latter Rain gospel". I teach the truth of God's Word which proclaims that a person is only saved after they have received both the Early and Latter Rains of the Spirit.

James 5:7 Be patient therefore, brethren, unto the coming of the Lord. Behold, the farmer waiteth for the precious fruit of the earth, and hath long patience for it, until he receives the EARLY and LATTER RAIN. 8 Be ye also patient; stablish your hearts: for the coming of the Lord draweth nigh.

The believers to whom James is writing have only received the Early Rain of the Spirit. They are still waiting for the Lord to return with the Latter Rain.

Paul teaches this truth here:

Heb 9:28 So Christ was sacrificed once to take away the sins of many; and he will appear a second time, not to bear sin, but to bring salvation to those who are waiting for him.

When Christ first comes to a person, He will give them the Early Rain of the Spirit. At this time, Christ will only appear to them "in the flesh" as when He did when He went to the cross. This happens because the new believer will remain spiritually blind and carnally minded after receiving the Early Rain. They will not be able to see Christ spiritually which will leave the truth of God's Word concealed from their understanding.

John makes this statement below about the apostate church (believers who have the spirit of anti-Christ):

1John 4:3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

Apostate believers don't realize that when Christ first came to them, He did so "in the flesh". In other words, an apostate believer denies that they have only received the Early Rain of the Spirit and are not converted. They don't believe that they must wait on the Lord to "come again" with the Latter Rain for their salvation and conversion. Because they don't realize their true spiritual state, they dwell in "peace and safety" in the apostate church, believing that they are following Christ when they are not.

1The 5:3 For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.

This verse above applies to the birthing analogy. When Christ comes to a fallen away Elect believer, He will bring "sudden destruction" upon them with His judgment. When this judgment is complete, the Elect believer will be converted and the new child of God will be born.

There are no churches/denominations that understand this truth taught by the Early and Latter Rains used in the farming analogy because they remain spiritually blind and are consuming Satan's leavened bread. They deny that Christ ever came to them in the flesh (the Early Rain).

The true church consists of only converted Elect believers who have received both the Early and Latter Rains of the Spirit.

Mat 22:14 For many are called, but few are chosen.

The "many" who are "called" will enter the church after they receive the Early Rain of the Spirit. This is when a person is espoused to Christ. But because they remain spiritually blind, they will be deceived by Satan and will not remain faithful. In other words, they will commit fornication with Satan (believing Satan over Christ) and will fall from grace. This occurs when the spirit of anti-Christ enters the new believer and they are made "worse than the first" (Mat 12:43-45). This event is the Abomination of Desolation.

All called out believers will remain in this deceived & fallen away state until they die UNLESS they are one of the "few" who have also been "chosen" from the foundation of the world. For them (the Elect), their days as a man of sin will be shortened (Mat 24:22) since they will be harvested early as a First Fruit of Christ's harvest of mankind. Because their days are shortened, Christ will "come again" to them before they die. At that time, He will pour out the Latter Rain of the Spirit upon them and heal their spiritual blindness. Now with "eyes that can see", the Elect believer will see the A of D that had previously occurred within themselves, along with the man of sin being revealed.

These verses apply:

Jer 3:3 Therefore the showers have been withholden, and there hath been no Latter Rain; and thou hadst a whore's forehead, thou refusedst to be ashamed.

1Sam 12:17 Is it not wheat harvest to day? I will call unto the LORD, and he shall send thunder and RAIN
(Latter Rain); that ye may perceive and see that your wickedness is great, which ye have done in the sight of the LORD, in asking you a king.

When a fallen away Elect believer sees these signs (among others), Christ says this:

Luke 21:27 And then shall they see the Son of man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. 28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

When Christ appears to them, He will gather the Elect believer (who is now a child of God) to dwell with Him in heaven (spiritually speaking). This is the moment an Elect believer is saved after having fallen away. However, they are still not yet converted. To convert the Elect believer, Christ's judgment will fall on them. With this judgment, Christ will remove and destroy the spirit of anti-Christ & the Great Harlot (Mat 24:40-41) which still remains within the believer. With their destruction, only the Holy Spirit will remain within the believer. This spiritual process is called the "First Resurrection" in Rev 20:5.

It is also called "conversion" and is mentioned by John the Baptist below:

Mat 3:11 I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Spirit (Latter Rain), and with Fire (judgment):

After the Elect believer is converted, they will forever dwell in the Kingdom of Heaven and the gates of hell will not be able to prevail against them.

Mat 16:18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

This is the true church which still exists in the world today. It is "few" in numbers and is unknown by this world - unlike Satan's church which is made up of "many" and is greatly known by the world.

Joe
The necessity of a lot of words indicates to me a lack of understanding!

Reactions: St. SteVen

FaithWillDo

Mar 1, 2023
Fort Collins, CO, USA
www.greatmysteryofchrist.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Right.
If it's that hard to explain... it's probably wrong.
Or too complicated to matter. - LOL

/
Dear St.SteVen,
So you don't believe this scripture below?

Prov 2:1 My son, if you receive my words and treasure up my commandments with you, 2 making your ear attentive to wisdom and inclining your heart to understanding; 3 yes, if you call out for insight and raise your voice for understanding, 4 if you seek it like silver and search for it as for hidden treasures, 5 then you will understand the fear of the Lord and find the knowledge of God.

The truth of God is not meant to be easy to find or understand. It takes a great deal of study and prayer to find it and that's after a believer has been given "eyes that can see". Without those "eyes", the truth of God is impossible to find. For that reason, when a believer is converted, they will be given a "love for the truth" which will give them a passion to do all that is necessary to find the hidden treasures of God.

Joe

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Implied?
Your perception then, not what I actually said. (slander?)
Yes, VERY clearly. Tell us some Scripture that is the written Word of God. I know we've been here several times before and you totally EVADED my question. Slander? Maybe by you.

O'Darby

Feb 17, 2024
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dear O'Darby,
Jesus is holy and righteous. It is wrong to place His name on a bumper sticker regardless of how it is used. Christ should not be brought down to being some type of advertisement or joke. It is very inappropriate and it violates the second commandment.
Joe
OK, fair enough. How about GOD LOVES YOU or JESUS IS GOD? Is that profane? Is it the bumper-sticker context that makes it profane? Is a bumper-sticker somehow more profane than a billboard or an internet discussion forum? I think we have to decide for ourselves what violates the Second Commandment and be prepared to answer to God if we're wrong. The most grim, strict, narrow view is not inevitably the one most pleasing to God. This was the mistake of the Puritans, and it led to some hideous consequences.

Reactions: Aunty Jane

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OK, fair enough. How about GOD LOVES YOU or JESUS IS GOD? Is that profane? Is it the bumper-sticker context that makes it profane? Is a bumper-sticker somehow more profane than a billboard or an internet discussion forum? I think we have to decide for ourselves what violates the Second Commandment and be prepared to answer to God if we're wrong. The most grim, strict, narrow view is not inevitably the one most pleasing to God. This was the mistake of the Puritans, and it led to some hideous consequences.
I see a lot of these signs on my bike rides:
jesussigns_sign-thankyoujesus_v1_1024x1024@2x.jpg

Something in me wants to whisper a quiet "Amen".

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I do not "preach the Latter Rain gospel". I teach the truth of God's Word which proclaims that a person is only saved after they have received both the Early and Latter Rains of the Spirit.

James 5:7 Be patient therefore, brethren, unto the coming of the Lord. Behold, the farmer waiteth for the precious fruit of the earth, and hath long patience for it, until he receives the EARLY and LATTER RAIN. 8 Be ye also patient; stablish your hearts: for the coming of the Lord draweth nigh.

The believers to whom James is writing have only received the Early Rain of the Spirit. They are still waiting for the Lord to return with the Latter Rain.
You do realize that what you inferred there was an interpretation of scripture that suits your beliefs…..nowhere is this statement given the interpretation you have gleaned from it. We can all speculate about what scripture, especially ambiguous verses, mean….but that does not of itself mean that what we take from the words is necessarily what was intended by the one who said them….or translated correctly by the one who translated it.

I see that you did this with the swords that Jesus told his apostles to purchase….you put a spin on that to suit your own interpretation…..that doesn’t make it true, as good as it may sound to you….Jesus himself said that it was to fulfill prophesy…that he was to be ‘counted among lawless ones’.

The two swords would not be enough to defend the group victoriously against an armed mob, but they would be enough for the purpose of teaching a lesson, to emphasize that Jesus was submitting of his own will, freely, and not violently resisting, as his group was now equipped to do. (John 18:11) Why do you think Jesus rebuked Peter for using his sword to cut of the ear of the High Priest’s slave?

Jesus was put to death among two lawless criminals, but he willingly did so for the benefit of mankind. There was no armed resistance. (John 18:36)

FaithWillDo

Mar 1, 2023
Fort Collins, CO, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dear O'Darby,
I hardly think that keeping the name of Jesus off bumper stickers, T-shirts and billboards is equivalent to what the Puritans taught, nor is it a "grim, strict, and narrow view". The name of Jesus is holy and is above all names. It should be given the highest level of respect and not used in jokes or in commercial ways to sell products.
Joe

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Paul teaches this truth here:

Heb 9:28 So Christ was sacrificed once to take away the sins of many; and he will appear a second time, not to bear sin, but to bring salvation to those who are waiting for him.
Have you studied the scriptures carefully FWD? I am sure that you think you have, but whose ideas are you promoting? Who told you that what you state is the truth, and the correct interpretation? Are you not one of many who identify as “Christians”, all with different versions of “the truth of God’s word”?

This verse you quoted about Jesus’ second appearance….what was the writer (Paul) indicating, in the light of other scripture…no verse can be taken out of the Bible without knowing what the entirety of scripture teaches, so that all beliefs are in harmony with God’s word.

Matt 24:1-14 is Jesus’ prophesy on the “end of the age” or the time when he would return. Jesus gave various features of coming world events (of a serious nature)….unprecedented international wars, great earthquakes, pestilences, food shortages, persecution, false prophets, betrayal, an increase in lawlessness and love ’growing cold’ among mankind…..he said that his disciples would need endurance to make it to “the end”…..but what is this “the end” of? And his next statement….”And this good news of the Kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come.”
Who are out there in the whole world preaching about God’s Kingdom? What is “God’s Kingdom”….and what is “the good news” about it?

All of these “signs” would herald, NOT Christ’s “coming”….but his “parousia”, which means his “presence”.
The angels told the apostles after Christ’s ascension that he would come back in the same “manner” as they saw him leave, (Acts 1:11)……so what was the “manner” in which he left? The world at large was unaware that it had taken place, no one saw it or knew about it apart from his spirit anointed apostles who were to carry on his work. Once they passed away, they were not going to be aware of the passage of time…..it was to be all the way to this 21st century before their Master would return to take them “home” to be where he was.

Do we understand that God operates in universal time, not earth time. What seems to be taking an inordinate amount of time from our standpoint, means little when the main subjects of the object lesson we have been forced to endure, was not human. We are the hostages and a ransom was demanded and paid, but the hostages have not all been freed….yet.

We are now living in “the time of the end“ prophesied by Daniel, (some 500 years before Jesus’ birth as a human)….he was told to “seal up“ his book because no one would understand it until “the time of the end”. (Dan 12:4;9-10)
We should now understand Daniel’s prophesy about our time, but unless we do, not much will make sense.

Interestingly Daniel was told that only the “wicked” would fail to discern the meaning of his words which included a ‘cleansing and refining’ of God’s genuine worshippers at this juncture. A whole house cleansing was in order because of the corruption that had all but destroyed true worship on this earth.…..the devil would by then, have set up so many counterfeits that confusion would reign among the masses in their search for the diamonds in a massive pile of broken glass. Only those “drawn” by the Father would find them and join them together as a global brotherhood, in true worship. (John 6:44; 65; 1 Cor 1:10)

Since no one was to be resurrected until Christ’s return, (1 Thess 4:13-17) as Paul indicated, those who were “sleeping”…..the ”dead in Christ” would “rise first”…..this was reiterated by John in Revelation 20:6. This “first resurrection“ would take place when Christ returned….not in a spectacular fashion, but without the world knowing that the “signs” he gave indicating his “presence” were already being experienced.

The first “sign” was a war that was the first of its kind in human history….a war that was to involve the whole world…”nation against nation and kingdom against kingdom”…..and that war came out of nowhere, due to the assassination of Arch Duke in an obscure country, because of alliances signed by all nations, all were drawn into a war that no one was prepared for.

Following the war there were food shortages and a disease pandemic that took more lives than the war did. Since the First World War, all the features of the sign indicating Jesus’ “parousia” have been evident…..so Christ has already returned as indicated by the signs he himself gave……the next time the world sees “the son of man” it will be with his angelic forces to crush and put an end to all wickedness on this earth…..those who pass the test of faithfulness will be found in peace, whilst the world under Satan’s influence rages against itself. True Christians will have to endure the greatest tribulation this world has ever seen. (Matt 24:21)
Their citizenship is already in God’s Kingdom, not man’s. Jesus has been separating the wheat from the weeds all this time. “The end” will be a time of judgment….as Jesus said…
”Also, there will be signs in the sun and moon and stars, and on the earth anguish of nations not knowing the way out because of the roaring of the sea and its agitation. 26 People will become faint out of fear and expectation of the things coming upon the inhabited earth, for the powers of the heavens will be shaken. 27 And then they will see the Son of man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. 28 But as these things start to occur, stand up straight and lift up your heads, because your deliverance is getting near.” (Luke 21:25-28)

Soon now we will see the outbreak of this “great tribulation”….all of us will be either accepted or rejected by the same judge….only then will we know if we have put our trust in the right teachers.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You do realize that what you inferred there was an interpretation of scripture that suits your beliefs…..nowhere is this statement given the interpretation you have gleaned from it. We can all speculate about what scripture, especially ambiguous verses, mean….but that does not of itself mean that what we take from the words is necessarily what was intended by the one who said them….or translated correctly by the one who translated it.

I see that you did this with the swords that Jesus told his apostles to purchase….you put a spin on that to suit your own interpretation…..that doesn’t make it true, as good as it may sound to you….Jesus himself said that it was to fulfill prophesy…that he was to be ‘counted among lawless ones’.

The two swords would not be enough to defend the group victoriously against an armed mob, but they would be enough for the purpose of teaching a lesson, to emphasize that Jesus was submitting of his own will, freely, and not violently resisting, as his group was now equipped to do. (John 18:11) Why do you think Jesus rebuked Peter for using his sword to cut of the ear of the High Priest’s slave?

Jesus was put to death among two lawless criminals, but he willingly did so for the benefit of mankind. There was no armed resistance. (John 18:36)
Can you imagine a JW making such a comment? I think the irony meter just exploded!

Last edited:

FaithWillDo

Mar 1, 2023
Fort Collins, CO, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Dear Aunty Jane,
You said:
You do realize that what you inferred there was an interpretation of scripture that suits your beliefs…..nowhere is this statement given the interpretation you have gleaned from it.

My beliefs only come from scripture and my understanding of scripture comes from the Holy Spirit.

Below is where I learned the concept of the Early and Latter Rains:

The Early and Latter Rain concept is part of the farming analogy and is taught in many places of God's Word.

Hos 6:3 Then shall we know, if we follow on to know the LORD: his going forth is prepared as the morning; and he shall come unto us as the RAIN, as the latter and former RAIN unto the earth.

When Christ first comes a person to call them out from the world, He will give them the Early Rain of the Spirit. The Early Rain of the Spirit was given to the Apostles during Christ's earthly ministry. With the Early Rain, the Apostles were able to recognize Jesus as the Christ. At that time, they were also given a measure of faith; and with that faith, they accepted Jesus as "Lord".

1Cor 12:3 (shown below) says that no one can call Jesus "Lord" if they do not have the Holy Spirit - even with just the Early Rain of the Spirit which is given in measure (a small amount):

1Cor 12:3 Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Spirit.

Joel 2:23 Be glad then, ye children of Zion, and rejoice in Jehovah your God; for he giveth you the Early Rain in just measure, and he causeth to come down for you the rain, the Early Rain and the Latter Rain, in the first month.

Deu 32:2 My doctrine shall drop as the Rain, my speech shall distil as the dew, as the small rain
(Early Rain) upon the tender herb, and as the showers (Latter Rain) upon the grass:

Job 37:6 For he saith to the snow, Be thou on the earth; likewise to the small rain
(Early Rain), and to the great rain (Latter Rain) of his strength.

After the Apostles received the Early Rain, they had to wait for Christ's return (His second coming) before they would receive the Latter Rain (also called the baptism of the Holy Spirit) and be converted. When the Day of Pentecost arrived, Christ returned and poured out the Latter Rain upon them. This was immediately followed by the baptism of Fire (judgment).

The Early and Latter Rain concept is not always taught using those symbols. Below is how Paul applied that concept to the Corithian church:

1Cor 1:2 Unto the church of God which is at Corinth, to them that are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, with all that in every place call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both theirs and ours:

Notice that Paul addresses his letter to those who are "called to be saints". Paul addresses them in this manner because they had only received the Early Rain of the Spirit. They had not yet received the Latter Rain and been converted. Paul was expecting them to receive the Latter Rain later because he says this in verse 6:

1Cor 1:6 Even as the testimony of Christ was confirmed in you (Early Rain): 7 So that you come behind in no gift; waiting for the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ: 8 Who shall also confirm you unto the end (Latter Rain), that ye may be blameless in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ.

The "end" is referring to the time when the "ends of the ages" come upon an Elect believer when they are given the Latter Rain.

1Cor 10:11 Now all these things happened to them as types, and have been written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the ages are come.

With the Latter Rain, the Elect believer will be made blameless when judgment (Day of the Lord) falls on them. This is true because when a believer receives the Latter Rain, the Law will no longer be able to accuse them. This truth is taught in the story of the woman taken in adultery (John 8:3-11).

Also with the Latter Rain, the believer's spiritual blindness is healed. This truth is taught by Paul's conversion story and by the healing of the blind man in Mark 8:20-25.

What I have presented above is only small amount of supporting scripture which teaches the truth of the Early and Latter Rains.

You said:

I did not put my "spin" on the story of the swords. Christ words are spirit and to understand those words, Paul says to compare spiritual things (words) with spiritual (1Cor 2:13). In other words, we must look to other scripture and see how those same words are used there. Then, with the guidance of the Holy Spirit, the meaning of a spirit words (symbol) can be discerned. This is the scripturally taught way to understand the spiritual language of Christ.

In Christ's language, the spirit word "sword" represents the Word of God who is Christ. When Christ sent the Apostles out into the world to teach the Gospel, He told them to take a sword and that "two" would be enough. Two is enough because a double witness of scripture is required to prove a truth.

Here is another example using swords:

Mat 26:52 Then said Jesus unto him, put up again thy sword into his place: for all they that take the sword shall perish with the sword.

Christ’s concealed spiritual point He is making in Matt 26:52 is that all who take up the Sword (those who follow Him), must perish by the Sword (death of the Old Man). This death is a necessary part of the conversion process which happens when the Word of God (Christ, the Sword) comes to a person a second time and gives them the Baptism of Fire:

Mat 3:11 I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Spirit, and with Fire.

This conversion event is what the Apostles experienced on the Day of Pentecost:

Acts 2:1 And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place. 2 And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting. 3 And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of FIRE, and it sat upon each of them. 4 And they were all filled with the HOLY SPIRIT, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.

In the spiritual language of Christ, the Apostles took up the Sword and then they died by the Sword.

In light of what I presented above, do you understand what this verse below is teaching?

Isa 66:16 For by fire and by his sword will the LORD plead with all flesh: and the slain of the LORD shall be many.

This verse is teaching that Christ will save all mankind (all flesh) by the Sword (Word of God) and by Fire (judgment).

I could say more on "swords" but this post is long enough.

Joe

Last edited:

MA2444

Jan 9, 2024
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You can answer from that POV if you wish. - LOL

Does everyone get to create their "own personal Jesus"?

/

That was cool. I never heard that before. I like Johnny Cash.

I think that people "create" a personal Jesus by creating/helping/cooperating a relationship with Him. Inasmuch as everyone is different in personality traits and so forth it will be a different relationship than all others.

I think He made us all different to fill different spots in His Heart. So that you and you alone are the only one qualified to fill that exact spot in His Heart. and there is room in His Heart for all peoples ever born to woman. He is not willing thay any should perish because that would leave a void in His Heart.

Billions may go to hell. But that is by their own choosing. We all are without excuse. Everyone knows instinctivly if they are right with God through their conscience. Some listen, and some do not listen to their conscience and live for themselves by choice.

It's not going to be a good day for Jesus when He has to tell people, I never knew you. It will break His Heart.

MA2444

Jan 9, 2024
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who's Alex?

/

I hear ya! I've never had Alex. Alexia, Siri in my home. WHo wants to pay to talk to the enemy when we can talk to the Lord for free!

It's almost like we got dropped into a war behind enemy lines and all we have with us is a Field Manual (Bible) and a Radio (Prayer) oh yes, and a Contact, our guide and teacher (Holy Spirit).

I woke up with amnesia and didnt even know at first how to operate the radio, Lol! I didnt even know my mission. But I learned over time. I got the radio working real good now. I havent tried to call in an air strike yet. Fire from heaven like Elijah did, but if it was in the Lords will I could. Weird war though. Instead of killing the enemy, I'm supposed to make contact with them and try to help rescuse them. That's a twist.

FaithWillDo

Mar 1, 2023
Fort Collins, CO, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have you studied the scriptures carefully FWD? I am sure that you think you have, but whose ideas are you promoting? Who told you that what you state is the truth, and the correct interpretation? Are you not one of many who identify as “Christians”, all with different versions of “the truth of God’s word”?
Dear Aunty Jane,
You asked:

I was converted back in 2005 and immediately my understanding of scripture changed. I quickly learned that nearly everything that I thought was true was actually the false teachings of the apostate church. Since the time of my conversion, I have studied God's Word extensively and the Lord has been gracious to teach me many new truths. The Early and Latter Rain teaching was not taught to me by any man but was taught to me directly by scripture and the Holy Spirit.

My conversion testimony is posted on my website.

As for the many different teachings/churches in the world, the believers in these churches have only received the Early Rain of the Spirit and are spiritually blind. These churches are little more than places where the "blind lead the blind". And since these believers have no ability to understand the truth of God, Satan has come to each of them and deceived them. All the churches are now apostate and have been in this condition since Paul's death. When a believer in one of these apostate churches receives the Latter Latter of the Spirit and has their spiritual blindness healed, they will quickly leave their church because light cannot fellowship with darkness. For this reason, I do not associate with any church. I do know a few converted believers, but none locally.

You said:
Matt 24:1-14 is Jesus’ prophesy on the “end of the age” or the time when he would return.

All end-time prophecy teaches about the spiritual events that will occur within each Elect believer as they travel the pathway to salvation. That pathway begins with the Early Rain of the Spirit and ends when Christ returns to them with the Latter Rain and judgment (the conversion event). There is no visible second coming of Christ which will occur at the literal end of the age. That false belief comes from a carnal understanding of scripture. The "end of the age" occurs when an Elect believer is converted.

1Cor 10:11 Now all these things happened to them as types, and have been written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the ages are come.

Consider what these verses teach about the second coming of Christ:

Rev 1:3 Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for THE TIME IS AT HAND.

Rev 1:4 John to the seven churches which are in Asia: Grace be unto you, and peace, from him which is, and which was, and which is to come; and from the seven Spirits which are before his throne...

Rev 1:8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

Rev 4:8 And the four beasts had each of them six wings about him; and they were full of eyes within: and they rest not day and night, saying, Holy, holy, holy, Lord God Almighty, which was, and is, and is to come.

Rev 22:7 Behold, I come quickly: blessed is he that keepeth the sayings of the prophecy of this book.

Rev 22:10 And he saith unto me, SEAL NOT the sayings of the prophecy of this book: for THE TIME IS AT HAND.

The second coming of Christ is a reoccurring spiritual event which happens when He brings salvation to one of the Elect via the Latter Rain of the Spirit and judgment. For this reason, Christ will come to them "quickly" before they die. Even when John received the vision, the time for the prophecy's fulfillment was "at hand". John was even told to not seal the sayings of the prophecy. These "sayings" have applied to the lives of each of the Elect for the past 1900+ years. The events described by the prophecy are not future events and neither is Christ's second coming - they are reoccurring events.

As for Daniel's Seventy Weeks prophecy, it is a prophecy that teaches the salvation of the Elect. The first 69 1/2 weeks of years ended when Christ was "cut off" at the cross. This ended the Old Covenant of Law and left 3 1/2 years of the prophecy to be fulfilled under the New Covenant. Since the New Covenant is spiritual and happens within the Elect, the last 3 1/2 years are fulfilled individually and spiritually. The last 3 1/2 years begins for an Elect believer when they receive the Early Rain of the Spirit and it ends when Christ gives them the Latter Rain of the Spirit and judgment. All the scriptures which use the phrases "time, times and a half, 42 months, 1260 days or 3 1/2 years are teaching about some aspect of the time an Elect believer spends between receiving the Early and Latter Rains. It is not literal time. When the last Elect believer is saved, this age will come to an end and Christ will have fulfilled all the goals mentioned in Dan 9:24.

As for signs in the sun and moon, those signs have been seen by every Elect believer when Christ came to them a second time to convert them. The light that the natural sun (Satan) and moon (carnal nature) give off is darkened because the converted believer will no longer receive their truth from this world (a false truth). Now, they will receive their light from the New Sun (Christ) and the New Moon (spiritual nature of the Holy Spirit). Like the spirit word "Sword", all the symbols used in end-time prophecy have spiritual meanings (inward) and not carnal meanings (outward). Until a person can make this change in their understanding, the truth of the prophecies is going to remain concealed from them.

As for the "great tribulation", an Elect believer will experience it after they become a "man of sin" under the influence of Satan. It is a spiritual event and does not happen out in the world as is commonly taught.

This is all the time I have for tonight to respond to your post. If you have any questions from what I stated above, I would be happy to answer them (as the Lord wills).

Joe

Last edited:

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That was cool. I never heard that before. I like Johnny Cash.
The song has a rather infamous history.
Written and recorded originally by Depeche Mode. (1990)
Marilyn Manson recorded it as a cover. (2004)
Both of these were really a mockery of a relationship with Jesus.
Johnny Cash covered the song and it took on the positive vibe you heard. (2002)

/

Reactions: MA2444

Berserk

Apr 13, 2019
Colville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

"If I am lifted up, I will draw ALL PEOPLE unto myself (John 12:32)."