Jesus Ministry.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Goldie75

Mar 20, 2022
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
If you first see the Father healing, then all you do is declare it and it is...

The issue of what realm or cause is at that point insignificant.

But you must learn to hear Him first.

In your opinion, would there ever be a time when you thought it was right for someone to seek medical help? Or that the Holy Spirit could work through a Dr, surgeon or psychiatrist?

Reactions: L.A.M.B. and marks

Carl Emerson

Apr 6, 2022
Auckland
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Of course - God works on a variety of levels.

However in this age we need to be wise about when and why we seek help about what.

Also in any event we should put the matter before God first.

This said I will expand on that comment you quoted.

I had a friend that became quite ill. He was in bed with some serious pneumonia like symptoms.

Church folk came to his house to pray and several prayed good prayers for our sick friend.

I was waiting on God by the bed and every time I felt to pray - a dog under the bed began to howl.

So I asked someone to remove the dog.

As this was happening suddenly I saw in a vision Jesus Himself lifting the sickness off the man.

This was a first for me and in fact remains a unique experience.

Having seen the vision I had the faith to simply say 'be healed in Jesus name'

He immediately got up out of bed, healed...

Now I want to stress that all my experiences of seeing God heal like this simply started by obeying the Scripture where it says "confess your sins to one another and pray for one another that you may be healed..."

I started to simply do this, and leave the results up to Him.

Over time, after about a year or so, there was clear evidence that He was at work confirming His Word.

Personally I don't think it is a matter of being gifted, rather I just decided to do what He said.

Goldie75

Mar 20, 2022
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Of course - God works on a variety of levels.

However in this age we need to be wise about when and why we seek help about what.

Also in any event we should put the matter before God first.

This said I will expand on that comment you quoted.

I had a friend that became quite ill. He was in bed with some serious pneumonia like symptoms.

Church folk came to his house to pray and several prayed good prayers for our sick friend.

I was waiting on God by the bed and every time I felt to pray - a dog under the bed began to howl.

So I asked someone to remove the dog.

As this was happening suddenly I saw in a vision Jesus Himself lifting the sickness off the man.

This was a first for me and in fact remains a unique experience.

Having seen the vision I had the faith to simply say 'be healed in Jesus name'

He immediately got up out of bed, healed...

Now I want to stress that all my experiences of seeing God heal like this simply started by obeying the Scripture where it says "confess your sins to one another and pray for one another that you may be healed..."

I started to simply do this, and leave the results up to Him.

Over time, after about a year or so, there was clear evidence that He was at work confirming His Word.

Personally I don't think it is a matter of being gifted, rather I just decided to do what He said.

My apologies, I didn’t mean to derail your thread.

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I have a few problems with these 'apparent' miracles.....not that I don’t believe that they happened, but how and why they happened is more important to me from the biblical perspective.

First of all why were miracles part of the ministry of Jesus Christ? Why did he perform these miracles in the first place?
If you see what he did and what he commanded his apostles to do, you can see something that explains why....

Matthew 10:1, 5-8....
“So he summoned his 12 disciples and gave them authority over unclean spirits, in order to expel these and to cure every sort of disease and every sort of infirmity. . . .These 12 Jesus sent out, giving them these instructions: “Do not go off into the road of the nations, and do not enter any Sa·marʹi·tan city; 6 but instead, go continually to the lost sheep of the house of Israel. 7 As you go, preach, saying: ‘The Kingdom of the heavens has drawn near.’ 8 Cure the sick, raise up the dead, make lepers clean, expel demons. You received free, give free.

The theme of Jesus entire ministry was “God's heavenly Kingdom”....it is what he taught his disciples to preach and to pray for....and yet exactly what the kingdom of God is, eludes most Christians. If you ask point blank what the kingdom is, and what is “good news” about it....it is often met with thoughtful stares and shrugs....and maybe’s....
We are supposed to preach about it, especially in this "time of the end". (Matthew 24:14)

So what is the connection with God’s kingdom and the miracles? Every one of them was a demonstration of what the Kingdom will accomplish when it “comes” to remove the present wicked world system under influence from the devil (1 John 5:19) and replace its evil rule with the best rulership that humankind could ever have, (Daniel 2:44)...in fact it was the rulership of God that they never got to experience because of the actions of our first parents. They lost it....but Christ came to get it back for us. Why would God not finish what he started? (Isaiah 55:11)

So what about the miracles? If they were a demonstration of the benefits of the coming Kingdom of God in the hands of his Christ, were they to continue? If not, why not?

The reason why we have to question the origin of the power behind these miracles is recorded in 2 Thessalonians 2:9-12....Paul was warning about a coming “apostasy” and what would identify it.....

He begins in the opening verses...
2 However, brothers, concerning the presence of our Lord Jesus Christ and our being gathered together to him, we ask you 2 not to be quickly shaken from your reason nor to be alarmed either by an inspired statement or by a spoken message or by a letter appearing to be from us . . . . .
3 Let no one lead you astray in any way, because it will not come unless the apostasy comes first and the man of lawlessness gets revealed, the son of destruction.”

So this “man of lawlessness” is a collective, rather than an individual....."he" was going to make his presence felt, and his activity was beginning to be discerned among the early Christians, leading many in the wrong direction, especially after the death of the apostles.

These would be the “weeds” of Jesus’ parable, (Matthew 13:24-30, 36-42) which he said were “sown by the devil”...."while men were sleeping". What that meant was that a counterfeit form of Christianity would emerge, after the death of the apostles, and basically become dominant like “weeds” generally do and overtake the genuine plants in a field of “wheat”.

He went on to say.....
But the lawless one’s presence is by the operation of Satan with every powerful work and lying signs and wonders 10 and every unrighteous deception for those who are perishing, as a retribution because they did not accept the love of the truth in order that they might be saved. 11 That is why God lets a deluding influence mislead them so that they may come to believe the lie, 12 in order that they all may be judged because they did not believe the truth but took pleasure in unrighteousness."

What do you notice about "powerful works...lying signs and wonders....every unrighteous deception"? They are the work of the devil....so should we trust that the devil cannot deceive us with miracles that appear to be from God? Some would be horrified by the suggestion, but what did Jesus tell his disciples to do?....
"Cure the sick, raise up the dead, make lepers clean, expel demons."

What do we see in these faith healing ministries today? Curing the sick? Yes.....but the placebo effect could account for a large majority of those. What about the many soul destroying failures? Jesus did not have any failures. (Matthew 4:23-24; Luke 6:19) His apostles didn't either....(Acts 5:15-16)

Expelling demons? Yes....but could the demons be play acting the part for those who fall for their trickery? There is only one thing that the devil cannot mimic......RAISING THE DEAD. Wouldn't that be front page news!
Why do we not hear about this? It was all part of the Kingdom's promises.

What else did Paul warn us about?
2 Corinthians 11:13-15...
"For such men are false apostles, deceitful workers, disguising themselves as apostles of Christ. 14 And no wonder, for Satan himself keeps disguising himself as an angel of light. 15 It is therefore nothing extraordinary if his ministers also keep disguising themselves as ministers of righteousness. But their end will be according to their works."

What lengths will the devil go to in order to deceive.....especially if his works appear to be beneficial? That is for each of us to discern for ourselves.

1 Corinthians 13:8-
"...But if there are gifts of prophecy, they will be done away with; if there are tongues, they will cease; if there is knowledge, it will be done away with. 9 For we have partial knowledge and we prophesy partially, 10 but when what is complete comes, what is partial will be done away with. 11 When I was a child, I used to speak as a child, to think as a child, to reason as a child; but now that I have become a man, I have done away with the traits of a child. . . . .Now, however, these three remain: faith, hope, love; but the greatest of these is love."

When Paul said that the gifts would cease and be replaced by more mature reasons for our Christian beliefs (faith, hope and love) don't we have to wonder? If we are not identified by those three essential elements of Christianity, then of what benefit are the gifts if death still overtakes the ones who were cured? It only makes sense if it was a temporary demonstration of things to come.

If God pulled the miracles because he knew that the devil would produce counterfeits, then all that remain are the counterfeits......we don't have to wonder, nor do we have to ask why these healings are not used by those people who supposedly have "the gift" for the benefit of the sick and dying. Imagine....if all they had to do was sit and have a healer walk past and have his shadow fall on them like Peter.....I agree with @Cassandra on this.

Does any of this add up? I'm sorry but its not what took place in the first century no matter how 'wonderful' it makes people feel. It taps into a power that is not from God.....its the difference between a miracle and magic....the real miracles are just ahead of us.....in the "new earth" that we eagerly await. (2 Peter 3:13) The devil is the magician.

Carl Emerson

Apr 6, 2022
Auckland
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I have a few problems with these 'apparent' miracles.....not that I don’t believe that they happened, but how and why they happened is more important to me from the biblical perspective.

First of all why were miracles part of the ministry of Jesus Christ? Why did he perform these miracles in the first place?
If you see what he did and what he commanded his apostles to do, you can see something that explains why....

Matthew 10:1, 5-8....
“So he summoned his 12 disciples and gave them authority over unclean spirits, in order to expel these and to cure every sort of disease and every sort of infirmity. . . .These 12 Jesus sent out, giving them these instructions: “Do not go off into the road of the nations, and do not enter any Sa·marʹi·tan city; 6 but instead, go continually to the lost sheep of the house of Israel. 7 As you go, preach, saying: ‘The Kingdom of the heavens has drawn near.’ 8 Cure the sick, raise up the dead, make lepers clean, expel demons. You received free, give free.

The theme of Jesus entire ministry was “God's heavenly Kingdom”....it is what he taught his disciples to preach and to pray for....and yet exactly what the kingdom of God is, eludes most Christians. If you ask point blank what the kingdom is, and what is “good news” about it....it is often met with thoughtful stares and shrugs....and maybe’s....
We are supposed to preach about it, especially in this "time of the end". (Matthew 24:14)

So what is the connection with God’s kingdom and the miracles? Every one of them was a demonstration of what the Kingdom will accomplish when it “comes” to remove the present wicked world system under influence from the devil (1 John 5:19) and replace its evil rule with the best rulership that humankind could ever have, (Daniel 2:44)...in fact it was the rulership of God that they never got to experience because of the actions of our first parents. They lost it....but Christ came to get it back for us. Why would God not finish what he started? (Isaiah 55:11)

So what about the miracles? If they were a demonstration of the benefits of the coming Kingdom of God in the hands of his Christ, were they to continue? If not, why not?

The reason why we have to question the origin of the power behind these miracles is recorded in 2 Thessalonians 2:9-12....Paul was warning about a coming “apostasy” and what would identify it.....

He begins in the opening verses...
2 However, brothers, concerning the presence of our Lord Jesus Christ and our being gathered together to him, we ask you 2 not to be quickly shaken from your reason nor to be alarmed either by an inspired statement or by a spoken message or by a letter appearing to be from us . . . . .
3 Let no one lead you astray in any way, because it will not come unless the apostasy comes first and the man of lawlessness gets revealed, the son of destruction.”

So this “man of lawlessness” is a collective, rather than an individual....."he" was going to make his presence felt, and his activity was beginning to be discerned among the early Christians, leading many in the wrong direction, especially after the death of the apostles.

These would be the “weeds” of Jesus’ parable, (Matthew 13:24-30, 36-42) which he said were “sown by the devil”...."while men were sleeping". What that meant was that a counterfeit form of Christianity would emerge, after the death of the apostles, and basically become dominant like “weeds” generally do and overtake the genuine plants in a field of “wheat”.

He went on to say.....
But the lawless one’s presence is by the operation of Satan with every powerful work and lying signs and wonders 10 and every unrighteous deception for those who are perishing, as a retribution because they did not accept the love of the truth in order that they might be saved. 11 That is why God lets a deluding influence mislead them so that they may come to believe the lie, 12 in order that they all may be judged because they did not believe the truth but took pleasure in unrighteousness."

What do you notice about "powerful works...lying signs and wonders....every unrighteous deception"? They are the work of the devil....so should we trust that the devil cannot deceive us with miracles that appear to be from God? Some would be horrified by the suggestion, but what did Jesus tell his disciples to do?....
"Cure the sick, raise up the dead, make lepers clean, expel demons."

What do we see in these faith healing ministries today? Curing the sick? Yes.....but the placebo effect could account for a large majority of those. What about the many soul destroying failures? Jesus did not have any failures. (Matthew 4:23-24; Luke 6:19) His apostles didn't either....(Acts 5:15-16)

Expelling demons? Yes....but could the demons be play acting the part for those who fall for their trickery? There is only one thing that the devil cannot mimic......RAISING THE DEAD. Wouldn't that be front page news!
Why do we not hear about this? It was all part of the Kingdom's promises.

What else did Paul warn us about?
2 Corinthians 11:13-15...
"For such men are false apostles, deceitful workers, disguising themselves as apostles of Christ. 14 And no wonder, for Satan himself keeps disguising himself as an angel of light. 15 It is therefore nothing extraordinary if his ministers also keep disguising themselves as ministers of righteousness. But their end will be according to their works."

What lengths will the devil go to in order to deceive.....especially if his works appear to be beneficial? That is for each of us to discern for ourselves.

1 Corinthians 13:8-
"...But if there are gifts of prophecy, they will be done away with; if there are tongues, they will cease; if there is knowledge, it will be done away with. 9 For we have partial knowledge and we prophesy partially, 10 but when what is complete comes, what is partial will be done away with. 11 When I was a child, I used to speak as a child, to think as a child, to reason as a child; but now that I have become a man, I have done away with the traits of a child. . . . .Now, however, these three remain: faith, hope, love; but the greatest of these is love."

When Paul said that the gifts would cease and be replaced by more mature reasons for our Christian beliefs (faith, hope and love) don't we have to wonder? If we are not identified by those three essential elements of Christianity, then of what benefit are the gifts if death still overtakes the ones who were cured? It only makes sense if it was a temporary demonstration of things to come.

If God pulled the miracles because he knew that the devil would produce counterfeits, then all that remain are the counterfeits......we don't have to wonder, nor do we have to ask why these healings are not used by those people who supposedly have "the gift" for the benefit of the sick and dying. Imagine....if all they had to do was sit and have a healer walk past and have his shadow fall on them like Peter.....I agree with @Cassandra on this.

Does any of this add up? I'm sorry but its not what took place in the first century no matter how 'wonderful' it makes people feel. It taps into a power that is not from God.....its the difference between a miracle and magic....the real miracles are just ahead of us.....in the "new earth" that we eagerly await. (2 Peter 3:13) The devil is the magician.

Hello Auntie Jane,

I was relieved to read that what you offer is just an opinion. :)

If you would like to ask me any particular questions, no problem.

You might notice I don't emphasise the issue of gifts.

My Church has a long history of healing in fact has a healing order as part of the structure of the church.

What I have described took place in open public spaces or private homes.

Sorry that such events are at odds with your theology.

I think to pronounce them as demonic is a little unfriendly, but hey we weren't promised an easy ride so I am OK with that.

I will continue to post testimonials so I hope you don't get too upset.

Have a great day.

Carl Emerson

Apr 6, 2022
Auckland
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Here is a more recent example of prayer being answered.

Dear friend of 33 diagnosed with cancer.

Several Tumours in her thyroid.

She confessed sins. We prayed with oil for healing.

Pre op biopsy, cells extracted Malignancy confirmed...

Initially facing a wait of several months for operation.

Doors opened very fast, she had op a week later.

A Pastor had also prayed that if they took the thing out there would be NO cancer.

Results from post op biopsy NO CANCER.

Hospital very embarrassed to have operated unnecessarily - in 2000 ops never seen this happen.

I have copies of medical records - have permission to share this...

She has publicly testified in church.

He is on the move again despite our clever theologies.

All praise to Jesus.

Carl Emerson

Apr 6, 2022
Auckland
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
And one in the last 12 months.

This was a first for me - a member of the Christian forum in the US asked me for prayer - PSA 70+

I am just telling it as it is...

I wandered out on the back lawn and prayed earnestly to God and cursed the cancer and asked for healing in God's mercy.

Over the next few months the PSA dropped right down to .02

This was checked and verified and the member is elated and glorifying God.

All over the internet - no human contact.

I can refer anyone to the thread if interested.

Carl Emerson

Apr 6, 2022
Auckland
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Here we go again...

I had to take a German backpacker to hospital with acute tonsillitis.

He had a roaring fever, hot and cold sweats, raging sore throat, dizzyness.

They gave him paracelomol and brufen and a script for antibiotics.

But...

I prayed for his healing in the Hospital waiting room.

Usually it would take about 7 days to clear up.

So we agreed to delay the antibiotic for one day.

within 5 hours his temp dropped to 37 and this morning 36.

He is feeling really well but we will continue to monitor his temp.

My wife is a nurse with a degree in health science so we are in good hands.

So friends - please pray for the sick and give Him a chance to show who He is...

and pray for the salvation of Titus, my German backpacker friend with whom I am sharing the gospel.

He knows God intervened.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here we go again...

I had to take a German backpacker to hospital with acute tonsillitis.

He had a roaring fever, hot and cold sweats, raging sore throat, dizzyness.

They gave him paracelomol and brufen and a script for antibiotics.

But...

I prayed for his healing in the Hospital waiting room.

Usually it would take about 7 days to clear up.

So we agreed to delay the antibiotic for one day.

within 5 hours his temp dropped to 37 and this morning 36.

He is feeling really well but we will continue to monitor his temp.

My wife is a nurse with a degree in health science so we are in good hands.

So friends - please pray for the sick and give Him a chance to show who He is...

and pray for the salvation of Titus, my German backpacker friend with whom I am sharing the gospel.

He knows God intervened.
Give God the glory!

Carl Emerson

Apr 6, 2022
Auckland
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Friends,

I give more detail on one of my more notable experiences...

I left NZ with $150 on a jumbo Jet to Jerusalem. The money for the flight came in by faith one hour before the tickets had to be paid for. I was away for 10 weeks and everything I needed was paid - strangers supported me.

When I got there I didn't have a clue what He wanted so I prayed three days solid in a big leather chair in the King David Hotel. I was down to my last $50. I got to the point of saying "Lord if you wanted a man of faith - you got the wrong guy - I might as well pack up and fly back to NZ."

Then God...

A couple came into the Hotel and pointed at me - come with us...

They were running a ministry giving support to believing Jews in Gilo.

They took me in - I did practical work for them.

I observed the way they were operating the ministry and had misgivings but had no authority to speak about it.

Then I visited and was having dinner with Esther Dorflinger and half way through the meal God spoke to me very deeply, very urgently - leave immediately !!!

Wow.. how embarrassing but Esther was lovely and 'understood that sort of guidance'

I jumped in a Taxi and got back to Gilo ASP.

As the taxi pulled up - it was raining - I saw the husband running down the road - I jumped out of the car and yelled 'what's wrong ? He yelled back 'my wife is having a heart attack I am getting the Doctor.

Mmmm... God leads me here urgently - lady dying - do I ring the Pastor ?

No - He wants me to pray.

I go in the door - she is crying out not to be taken as her children are still young.

She explained her Auntie died of the same symptoms at the same age...

Her pulse fast and erratic...

I pray as led - speaking against the condition in Jesus Name and for healing.

Within two minutes complete healing and never had a relapse.

Then after seeing God move - they were able to receive words from me that addressed issues in their ministry.

Doors then opened for me to participate in a ministry in Lebanon and fly out to China where I had some contact with the underground church.

Returning to New Zealand after 14 weeks away all bills were paid - isn't God amazing...

I have waited 40 years to be able to share this stuff.

I am an ordinary Joe Blow - no profile - and He wants others to move into this exciting life of faith.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen to that...

...and I am trying to gently encourage others to join in praying for others simple faith and obedience.
More prayer, I believe, is needed on this forum for one another. The darts are thrown too often with seemingly deadly intent. Where is the soft answer that turns wrath away?

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
If you would like to ask me any particular questions, no problem.
I raised some issues that would concern me as a Bible teacher for many years.
Do you have any response to those issues and the scriptural reasons provided to explain why we need to exercise caution when emotions are so highly involved in these “healings”.....?

You might notice I don't emphasise the issue of gifts.

My Church has a long history of healing in fact has a healing order as part of the structure of the church.

What I have described took place in open public spaces or private homes.
None of that matters when we are addressing the power behind these “healings” and why the healers are not using their gifts to benefit a wider proportion of the public. Why aren’t you people in hospitals curing dying children.....or even resurrecting them as Jesus commanded?

Were the people “healed” in your ministry, “believers”? The one thing you will notice in the Bible is that no gift of the spirit was used to benefit a believer....for example the ones who did the healing, did not heal each other or themselves.....the gifts were to be used only for the benefit of unbelievers. Paul told Timothy to take a little wine for the sake of his frequent bouts of sickness. (1 Timothy 5:23) And Paul himself had an affliction that he called “a thorn in his flesh”, an angel of satan that kept assaulting him to keep him humble. He asked God to take it away, but was denied.

The gifts were given initially to show the blessings of the kingdom in real life to unbelievers, to show them what Christ as Messianic King would accomplish in the future when the kingdom would take control of earth’s affairs...to allow God’s will to be “done, on earth as it is in heaven”. It was to demonstrate that God was with his son and not with the corrupt religious leaders were not able to do anything like that.

When the large crowds came to hear Jesus, he first of all cured them of all their infirmities so that none would be distracted by their afflictions and could listen to his sermons in relative comfort and get the true meaning of them...after that he fed them. Their comfort and instruction was his main concern.
The miracles were not for the sake of it, but because Jesus wanted to demonstrate to the Jewish people who their God was backing....not their religious leaders, but this prophet who was making waves among the people who came to hear him speak and to witness his miracles.

Sorry that such events are at odds with your theology.
My “theology” is of no importance in this issue.....I am questioning the emotional appeal of “healing” churches as a means to draw people in.....and the benefit of these “healings” for those who already believe. The gifts of the spirit were to cease with the death of the apostles, who were the only ones who could pass on the gifts with “the laying on of hands”.

We also have to question the success rate....what do you say to those who don’t experience a healing, or who present as sick again a short time later? What does that do to their faith?

I have shown you what the scriptures say regarding the “signs and wonders, and lying deceptions” that that the devil would use to attract those who don’t know any better. He preys on the ignorant and especially exploits human emotions. Do the deceived know that they are....? Is the devil obvious in his use of deception? If that was true, he would have no victims.

I think to pronounce them as demonic is a little unfriendly, but hey we weren't promised an easy ride so I am OK with that.
It’s not what I am saying, but what the scriptures are saying that matters. I don’t expect that you will easily admit the possibility of being deceived, as it must be very gratifying to participate in those events. I am only sounding a warning for those who might get carried away with the emotional appeal and forget that the enemy also has power.

I will continue to post testimonials so I hope you don't get too upset.
I am not upset, but just keeping it real for the readers here who might question the validity of this activity. What we believe is up to us.

Carl Emerson

Apr 6, 2022
Auckland
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I raised some issues that would concern me as a Bible teacher for many years.
Do you have any response to those issues and the scriptural reasons provided to explain why we need to exercise caution when emotions are so highly involved in these “healings”.....?

None of that matters when we are addressing the power behind these “healings” and why the healers are not using their gifts to benefit a wider proportion of the public. Why aren’t you people in hospitals curing dying children.....or even resurrecting them as Jesus commanded?

Were the people “healed” in your ministry, “believers”? The one thing you will notice in the Bible is that no gift of the spirit was used to benefit a believer....for example the ones who did the healing, did not heal each other or themselves.....the gifts were to be used only for the benefit of unbelievers. Paul told Timothy to take a little wine for the sake of his frequent bouts of sickness. (1 Timothy 5:23) And Paul himself had an affliction that he called “a thorn in his flesh”, an angel of satan that kept assaulting him to keep him humble. He asked God to take it away, but was denied.

The gifts were given initially to show the blessings of the kingdom in real life to unbelievers, to show them what Christ as Messianic King would accomplish in the future when the kingdom would take control of earth’s affairs...to allow God’s will to be “done, on earth as it is in heaven”. It was to demonstrate that God was with his son and not with the corrupt religious leaders were not able to do anything like that.

When the large crowds came to hear Jesus, he first of all cured them of all their infirmities so that none would be distracted by their afflictions and could listen to his sermons in relative comfort and get the true meaning of them...after that he fed them. Their comfort and instruction was his main concern.
The miracles were not for the sake of it, but because Jesus wanted to demonstrate to the Jewish people who their God was backing....not their religious leaders, but this prophet who was making waves among the people who came to hear him speak and to witness his miracles.

My “theology” is of no importance in this issue.....I am questioning the emotional appeal of “healing” churches as a means to draw people in.....and the benefit of these “healings” for those who already believe. The gifts of the spirit were to cease with the death of the apostles, who were the only ones who could pass on the gifts with “the laying on of hands”.

We also have to question the success rate....what do you say to those who don’t experience a healing, or who present as sick again a short time later? What does that do to their faith?

I have shown you what the scriptures say regarding the “signs and wonders, and lying deceptions” that that the devil would use to attract those who don’t know any better. He preys on the ignorant and especially exploits human emotions. Do the deceived know that they are....? Is the devil obvious in his use of deception? If that was true, he would have no victims.

It’s not what I am saying, but what the scriptures are saying that matters. I don’t expect that you will easily admit the possibility of being deceived, as it must be very gratifying to participate in those events. I am only sounding a warning for those who might get carried away with the emotional appeal and forget that the enemy also has power.

I am not upset, but just keeping it real for the readers here who might question the validity of this activity. What we believe is up to us.

Thanks for your reply.

This is a testimony thread - I think it is best to keep it that way.

We are quite likely to meet on more appropriate forums and address your theological questions.

I am quite used to dialogue with folks who's theology doesn't let them believe that God heals today, and therefore they conclude that any activity in that area must be demonic.

Meantime I hope you can tolerate reading of events you think are satanic, if not it may be best to ignore this thread.

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Thanks for your reply.

This is a testimony thread - I think it is best to keep it that way.

We are quite likely to meet on more appropriate forums and address your theological questions.

I am quite used to dialogue with folks who's theology doesn't let them believe that God heals today, and therefore they conclude that any activity in that area must be demonic.
There are only two sources of power, so these events must be accomplished by either one or the other. Do you trust a deceiver?

Meantime I hope you can tolerate reading of events you think are satanic, if not it may be best to ignore this thread.
Yes, thank you....I am happy to discuss any and all theological issues. The only reason I replied to this thread was to offset the ‘warm fuzzies’ that often accompany these related events. Those ‘warm fuzzies’ often end in lost faith when a healing does not take place or is only temporary, and the person themselves are blamed for not having enough faith....as if they were somehow not good enough for God to heal them.

I will perhaps start a thread on this subject....

Last edited:

Carl Emerson

Apr 6, 2022
Auckland
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
OK time for more testimony...

One thing I have learned is, many folks have been afraid to share their encounters with God, for fear of looking stupid or deceived.

At 76 I don't care any more and am about to share how I came to know Jesus in some detail including several encounters with Him.

By the age of 3 or 4 I knew Jesus was real as I saw His fingerprint in creation.

I was not an easy child. At about 8 Jesus appeared to me in a vision and simply said that there was nothing in this life that I would do the He would not see.

I still remember the detail to this day and exactly where I was standing in the old house in Dunedin.

So I had a deep faith developing.

My parents were believers one Roman Catholic, one Salvation Army. Both were excommunicated from family for the wedding. There were only 5 attended and the taxi driver had to be called to be a witness.

Such was the religious prejudice in those days.

At 13 I went to a Christian summer camp and saw other kids making a life commitment to Jesus.

My faith was already very personal and there was no way I could share about what was going on in my heart.

However I knew my time had come and I needed to fully commit to Him.

So I took off and wandered up the side of Lake Wanaka alone, lay down prone on the gravel and said " Lord Jesus, I have always been yours but there comes a time to fully commit and fully surrender to you and give you control of my life. Sorry for my sin and the mess I have made of things - come and take over - I give you my all. As I was praying thus, I heard footsteps coming towards me on the pebbles but when I opened my eyes and looked up - there was no one there - but He has been with me ever since.

I was water baptised at 16 and was active in the church.

However when I saw the life of Jesus in Scripture and saw what passed as normal in Christian circles I became afraid of total surrender for fear of being called to become a ragged bare-footed voice for Him on the street.

So I liberalised my faith to avoid this, married a non-believer at 22 and had a disastrous marriage for 7 years.

As I was seeking to have some personal identity, I was drawn into the drug world and the darkness that goes with it.

At university things came to a head - I was a sitting duck for the enemy - having opened myself to the demonic I was battling a realm without the tools and understanding - I was forcefully taken into medical care and 'treated' with electric shock therapy and psychoactive drugs.

But... folks heard about me and prayed.

Somehow I was miraculously released from the programme of 'treatment' and though I was reduced to a vegetable state with a broken will through such abusive treatment, His still small voice prevailed.

If He hadn't taken ownership of me when I was 13 it would have been all over.

So I knew that the still small voice was saying to return to my Christian roots.

So I dropped everything and took off up country to find Him again.

I met folks along the way with the right word, but on the wharf at Collingwood He 'picked me up by the scruff of the neck' gave me a shake and said in no uncertain terms - these are the rails - stay on them.

So from there I knew that He had never left me and that I needed to rebuild my entire world view from Scripture and never to deviate from the faith again.

So the was the beginning of 7 years of prayer and ministry that was needed for me to return to any sense of 'normality'.

I read nothing but scripture for over 5 years.

One deep truth from all of this is that I cannot attribute my salvation to anything but Him.

Over the years a 'new me' emerged as I was healed and restored - I also had to learn how to deal with the demonic vulnerabilities I had foolishly allowed to take a hold in my life.

Presently the Lord introduced me to my new wife Sandi and we have a precious partnership in Him.

I do not in anyway deserve the beautiful life He has established for us - more than we could ask or think.

So eventually moving out in faith to minister to others came with much humility as one restored from nothing and deeply undeserved.

I haven't mentioned weeping through the service every Sunday for about a year.

I haven't mentioned being baptised in the spirit in a church that didn't believe in it - seeing the huge chasm between His holiness and our best. Being totally undone in the encounter, then empowered for future ministry.

Love you all - may His best be found in your life - lets celebrate His Love and goodness together, walking faithfully in 'the way' giving all Glory to Jesus.

Carl Emerson

Apr 6, 2022
Auckland
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Here is a more recent example of prayer being answered.

Dear friend of 33 diagnosed with cancer.

Several Tumours in her right thyroid.

She confessed sins. We prayed with oil for healing.

Pre op biopsy, cells extracted Malignancy confirmed...

Initially facing a wait of several months for operation.

Doors opened very fast, she had op a week later.

A Pastor had also prayed that if they took the thing out there would be NO cancer.

Results from post op biopsy NO CANCER.

Hospital very embarrassed to have operated unnecessarily - in 2000 ops never seen this happen.

I have copies of medical records - have permission to share this...

She has publicly testified in church.

He is on the move again despite our clever theologies.

All praise to Jesus.

Here are the medical records...

Here are the files.

The first two refer to the pre. op biopsy confirming cancer in the thyroid. This was before prayer.
https://www.christianforums.com/dat.../331580_4d4d059b61cc08ed955fdb6d0e23bcaf.jpeg
https://www.christianforums.com/dat.../331581_67f14549f9731932b22be865a1c6e491.jpeg

The third is a post op biopsy - no cancer.
https://www.christianforums.com/dat.../331582_977072df6612105fac0384f572bd3ef8.jpeg

The last one is a comment from the surgeon who was embarrassed that they operated unnecessarily.
https://www.christianforums.com/dat...8/331583_29709b80437707d5e5b43353f55e743f.JPG

The surgeon said he had never seen such a thing in 2000 operations.

At the request of our dear friend who was healed I have blacked out her name and the names of the medics. She was very thankful for her care and doesn't want them hassled.

Last edited:
Reactions: Azim