Jesus Never "Chatted."

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

jkdjr25

Nov 5, 2007
Personally I find some of the arrogance displayed here to be astounding. I can't say whethere or not Jesus had normal conversations with people about things, I wasn't there and the writers didn't record such events. I trust God in this and I thank Him that I was blessed with an imagination so that I might picture such an event. I do so because I'm curious as to what He might say in relation to what I'm talking about. It is important to note that another reason we think about things like this is not to humanize Jesus, but because of man's special place in Creation. In all of Creation even the angels must stand at attention, only man may call Him Abbah Father, which can be translated to Daddy.That's why we imagine Jesus having these informal Conversations, because He is the Son of Our Father who is in Heaven. Because if we can't talk to Him, who can we talk to?

Shelli

Nov 13, 2007
(jkdjr25;24479)
Personally I find some of the arrogance displayed here to be astounding. I can't say whethere or not Jesus had normal conversations with people about things, I wasn't there and the writers didn't record such events. I trust God in this and I thank Him that I was blessed with an imagination so that I might picture such an event. I do so because I'm curious as to what He might say in relation to what I'm talking about. It is important to note that another reason we think about things like this is not to humanize Jesus, but because of man's special place in Creation. In all of Creation even the angels must stand at attention, only man may call Him Abbah Father, which can be translated to Daddy.That's why we imagine Jesus having these informal Conversations, because He is the Son of Our Father who is in Heaven. Because if we can't talk to Him, who can we talk to?
What does your imagination come up with regarding Jesus' words not recorded in Scripture?

Shelli

Nov 13, 2007
(jkdjr25;24479)
How do you presume to speak for "We?" You certainly can "Chatt!!" at Jesus, but He will never "Chatt!" with you.Have you actually read what Scripture consistently says about human imagination? If you care about God's opinion regarding human imagination, then you ought to read about it in Scripture before you make any more mistakes about it.If we can't talk to Jesus, we can talk to other people. Simple.

Letsgofishing

Nov 27, 2007
"Jesus did many other things as well. If every one of them were written down, I suppose that even the whole world would not have room for the books that would be written."John 21 verse 25Your theory that if it isn't in the scripture jesus didn't do it. Is disproved by the scripture.Try to put yourself in the place of Mathew, Mark, John and luke.First off the most important part of christianity is not that Jesus was fully human but Fully God. he was fully human yes, but you can believe he was fully human and not God all you want and never be saved. But if you believe the opposite that Jesus was fully God and not fully human your mistaken but also saved.So therefore it is much more important to show the Godly side of Jesus.Second christians were being murdered by rome when these books were written. Christians needed courage, needed instructions, needed reasurance. What they didn't need is light imformal chit chat. Sure Jesus chatted but it wouldn't of helped anybody by writing these useless conversations down.And third off, if you were writing a movie or a book and if theres a conversation which doesn't push the message, or doesn't advance the plot what do you do. You trash it, erase it, get rid of it. Imformal, light conversations by jesus wouldn't have pushed the message the christians were trying to get out.Your brother in christRyan Fitz

Shelli

Nov 13, 2007
(Letsgofishing;25841)
"Jesus did many other things as well. If every one of them were written down, I suppose that even the whole world would not have room for the books that would be written."John 21 verse 25Your theory that if it isn't in the scripture jesus didn't do it. Is disproved by the scripture.Try to put yourself in the place of Mathew, Mark, John and luke.First off the most important part of christianity is not that Jesus was fully human but Fully God. he was fully human yes, but you can believe he was fully human and not God all you want and never be saved. But if you believe the opposite that Jesus was fully God and not fully human your mistaken but also saved.So therefore it is much more important to show the Godly side of Jesus.Second christians were being murdered by rome when these books were written. Christians needed courage, needed instructions, needed reasurance. What they didn't need is light imformal chit chat. Sure Jesus chatted but it wouldn't of helped anybody by writing these useless conversations down.And third off, if you were writing a movie or a book and if theres a conversation which doesn't push the message, or doesn't advance the plot what do you do. You trash it, erase it, get rid of it. Imformal, light conversations by jesus wouldn't have pushed the message the christians were trying to get out.Your brother in christRyan Fitz
What makes you think "Chatting!!" is part of being a Godly human?

Letsgofishing

Nov 27, 2007
and anyway the bible is full of humor. you just miss it.For example 39] When Joseph and Mary had done everything required by the Law of the Lord, they returned to Galilee to their own town of Nazareth. [40] And the child grew and became strong; he was filled with wisdom, and the grace of God was upon him. [41] Every year his parents went to Jerusalem for the Feast of the Passover. [42] When he was twelve years old, they went up to the Feast, according to the custom. [43] After the Feast was over, while his parents were returning home, the boy Jesus stayed behind in Jerusalem, but they were unaware of it. [44] Thinking he was in their company, they traveled on for a day. Then they began looking for him among their relatives and friends. [45] When they did not find him, they went back to Jerusalem to look for him. [46] After three days they found him in the temple courts, sitting among the teachers, listening to them and asking them questions. [47] Everyone who heard him was amazed at his understanding and his answers. [48] When his parents saw him, they were astonished. His mother said to him, "Son, why have you treated us like this? Your father and I have been anxiously searching for you." [49] "Why were you searching for me?" he asked. "Didn't you know I had to be in my Father's house?" [50] But they did not understand what he was saying to them. [51] Then he went down to Nazareth with them and was obedient to them. But his mother treasured all these things in her heart. [52] And Jesus grew in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and menThis story is hilarious. We just always miss the humor. I mean picture one day when Joseph is working as a carpenter when Mary comes up to him.Mary- "um....Joseph" Joseph- "what" Mary- "well you know jesus" Joseph "yeah, our child"Mary- " and the savior of the human race"Joseph- " and the king of kings."Mary- " sort of like the most imporatant person in history"Joseph- "yeah youde think so, knowing that hes god"Mary- "I....uh..."Joseph- " what"Mary- " i sort of lost him"Joseph- " You LOST GOD!!!!!!"yeah, you always miss the humorand then theres the wedding of cannineMary- " hey Jesus, uh could you perform a miracle"Jesus- yeah why not what do you want me to do, split mars in half, move a mountain, blow up the nation of australia, have a tree perform karoke then jump in the ocean"Mary- "I was thinking about something a bit more modest"Jesus- Oh, teleportation, heal the sick, talk in 42 different languages at the same time."Mary-" no not exactly Jesus- " what do you want me to do then!"Mary- " could you change this water into wine."Jesus- " thats it."Mary- " uh yeah."Jesus- "Miller or budweiser"Mary- " i said wine"Jesus- " oh"Your brother in christRyan Fitz

Nov 8, 2007
even in a joking matter, it's still blasphemy because Christ was modest and even the slightest bit of joking you are mocking the event. It was permissible to blaspheme him when he was in flesh, now that he's in the glory of the Father, you shouldn't mock him.

Letsgofishing

Nov 27, 2007
I wasn't mocking him.and I apologize if it appears that I did.I just find that the bible is sometimes read in such death and gloom that it drives me crazy.Sometimes you just have to lighten the mood.God did not mean the bible to be deppressing he meant it to be of hope. Your brother in Jesus Christ ( who probably did chat)Ryan Fitz

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
actully I agree with lets gofishing here I think God has a great sense of humor Man is the only creature on earth blessed with humor I think it was one of those speacial gifts that was given us when he breathed life into Adam and if we a made in his image then he has humor I have a thread on the site somewhere called "Does God have a sense of Humor" He says there is a time to laugh I dont think we should make a joke out of the Word but even if we find humor in an event it doesnt diminish the lesson or the point he is showing us but there's nothing wrong with cracking a smile at a situation in scriptures futher more being able to laugh at ourselves keeps us humble

Nov 8, 2007
I believe he does have a sense of humor, after all Man is God's Thoughts expressed, with his characteristics and features. With that said, there's so many times God made me laugh. In the Summer of 2006, I was walking home in 110 Degree heat. I was but a few blocks away, and I had prayed, I said Father God, in the name of Jesus Christ your son, please give me a ride home. So then I waited in the shade for a cool minute then proceeded. I see my friend driving his van I said, oh Lord you are great, thank you. But then he waves and just drives on by. THIS IS IN 110 DEGREE HEAT LOL! So then I say, oh well Lord even if I have to burn crisp I still love you, then as I'm only two blocks away I said Lord, I'm gonna take a break I really am thirsty. Guess what? God answered my prayer when I was 3 houses Away from my House! LOL! God is Great! I love you Lord. There's a time for everything? AMen Ecclesiates 3

Shelli

Nov 13, 2007
(Unorthodox Christian;25914)
I believe he does have a sense of humor, after all Man is God's Thoughts expressed, with his characteristics and features. With that said, there's so many times God made me laugh. In the Summer of 2006, I was walking home in 110 Degree heat. I was but a few blocks away, and I had prayed, I said Father God, in the name of Jesus Christ your son, please give me a ride home. So then I waited in the shade for a cool minute then proceeded. I see my friend driving his van I said, oh Lord you are great, thank you. But then he waves and just drives on by. THIS IS IN 110 DEGREE HEAT LOL! So then I say, oh well Lord even if I have to burn crisp I still love you, then as I'm only two blocks away I said Lord, I'm gonna take a break I really am thirsty. Guess what? God answered my prayer when I was 3 houses Away from my House! LOL! God is Great! I love you Lord. There's a time for everything? AMen Ecclesiates 3
It is actually very easy to experience humor without chatting.Jesus did it.

Letsgofishing

Nov 27, 2007
But wait.Jesus never used humor in the bible.which means he must of did it outside of the scriptures.but wait nothing happened outside of the scriptures.never mind what this verse says.Jesus did many other things as well. If every one of them were written down, I suppose that even the whole world would not have room for the books that would be written."John 21 verse 25and the years from the time our lord was 12 to 36 years old ( when he started preaching his ministry.)Jesus probably just sat and stared at a wall for those 24 years . I mean you couldn't risk light imformal chat could we?I'm sorry but this is getting ridiculous
smile.gif
Ryan Fitz

Shelli

Nov 13, 2007
(Letsgofishing;26083)
But wait.Jesus never used humor in the bible.which means he must of did it outside of the scriptures.but wait nothing happened outside of the scriptures.never mind what this verse says.Jesus did many other things as well. If every one of them were written down, I suppose that even the whole world would not have room for the books that would be written."John 21 verse 25and the years from the time our lord was 12 to 36 years old ( when he started preaching his ministry.)Jesus probably just sat and stared at a wall for those 24 years . I mean you couldn't risk light imformal chat could we?I'm sorry but this is getting ridiculous
smile.gif
Ryan Fitz
Fish,How do you know when you are imagining the right thing about Jesus ... ?

JIP

Dec 7, 2007
I will know that it is the right things about Jesus because the bible will tell me so. If its not in the bible , then I will not pursue it further.

Tyrel

Jan 16, 2007
(Shelli;26202)
Fish,How do you know when you are imagining the right thing about Jesus ... ?
You are serious aren't you?This is silly.

Letsgofishing

Nov 27, 2007
Hey a question Shellidid Jesus ever blink.well every human does it about 20 times in a minute...........................................oh wait, its not in the bible he must not have done it.lets try another metaphor Shelli.have you ever read a biography. It details the life of the person, what they were about, famous quotes, accomplishments. But they obviously do not have every single thing which happened in a persons life. it does not have the conversations which aren't important to his life. I meean if we are in the middle of a civil rights battle, it does not tell us " and at that moment, when the anticipation was at a climax, martin Luther King turned around and asked his closest advisor" how are those red sox" and the advisor responded " There amazing Martin" Martin Luther snapped back. : yeah like 20 and 2 amazing." No succesful meaningful book would ever do it. It would completlety ruin the message of the book if they spent half the time talking about meaningless conversations.'Your brother in ChristRyan Fitz

Mighty Bear

Oct 20, 2007
(JIP;26216)
I will know that it is the right things about Jesus because the bible will tell me so. If its not in the bible , then I will not pursue it further.
"While I was with them, I kept them in your name, which you have given me. I have guarded them, and not one of them has been lost except the son of destruction, that the Scripture might be fulfilled. But now I am coming to you, and these things I speak in the world, that they may have my joy fulfilled in themselves."(John 17:12-13)

tomwebster

Dec 11, 2006
I don't know how you can even think that Jesus didn't have meaningless little conversations with His mother and brothers and sisters. He was the son of a carpenter, might have worked in the shop a bit, sweeping floors, etc. Do you think His earthly father and he would have only had theological converstaions? Christ was a human, like we are. Part of being human is having little meaningless conversations.