Jesus never said he was God Almighty

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"...and without shedding of blood is no remission." After Jesus, there is no more need for a blood sacrifice..."once for all..."
We might consider just what the blood was in the OT and what the real blood of Jesus is. What if the first is but a type or shadow of the real thing which is not physical?

Jesus did shed his natural blood, but was that the source of Life for you and for me? Within Jesus was real Life. Perhaps better said: Jesus was/is real Life.

Jesus yielded up the Ghost or he shed the Spirit, the Spirit that was to become available to whosoever will, no? The Ghost is the Holy Ghost or Holy Spirit for Jesus. He was beginning to share with whosoever will the Spirit within him by shedding it. This is the Life promised to us and/or for us:

”Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life." II Cor 3:6

The natural blood as is the giver of natural life. The spirit of man is the corrupted spirit, which was corrupted in the Garden of Eden. That spirit provides only natural, temporal or carnal life. That spirit cannot give the Life which Jesus is:

"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." John 14:6

What was it Zechariah wrote?

"Then he answered and spake unto me, saying, This is the word of the LORD unto Zerubbabel, saying, Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit, saith the LORD of hosts." Zech 4:6

This was not the natural blood of Jesus consisting of approximately 10 pints inherited from his carnal mother, Mary. That blood was spilled and lost in natural death. The Life giving blood he spilled or shed or spread was the Spirit, the Holy Spirit when he yielded up the Ghost (Spirit).

Reactions: Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@amadeus
You have tried to share that before elsewhere about the blood....and I never really "got it" then.
I think I have it now... time will tell :)

I am going to copy it and share it with Dave.
Thanks

Reactions: amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you claim receiving tongues that comes with no interpretation when you had received what you had believed was the Holy Spirit apart from salvation or not?

And who is it that made you a judge over me? Do you suppose that you could change the truth by logically [according to you] drawing a conclusion in support of your stand?
Do we live for God by logic or by faith?

Do not others ( holy rollers ) also claim to receive the Holy Spirit apart from salvation by falling down and other acts of confusion again and again and again?

"For we dare not make ourselves of the number, or compare ourselves with some that commend themselves: but they measuring themselves by themselves, and comparing themselves among themselves, are not wise." II Cor 10:12

Our faith is the Jesus Christ is in us; 2 Corinthians 13:5

The tradition taught of us as to when we had received the sanctification of the Spirit & the belief of the truth was at the calling of the gospel ( 2 Thessalonians 2:13-15 )

To preach to receive Jesus again or receive another spirit, thinking it is the Holy Spirit, is the same thing as preaching another gospel as believers are led astray by moving away from their rest and faith in Jesus Christ to do another work which is denying Him as in us when you had first believed. 2 Corinthians 11:1-4

You are speaking nonsense. Another spirit, is it? And how would you know this? Did they not say that Jesus had power by Bezeelbub? How did they know? Apparently the same way that you do. They wanted to be right in their way so as to retain their superior [as they thought] position. Stand down my friend and simply seek God and hold your tongue until you are led by the Holy Spirit to speak.

That other calling is hardly keeping the gospel simple as it is moving believers away from the simplicity of the gospel.
Even if I were wrong and you were right, I could not move a heart hungry and thirsty for righteousness away from God. People do ultimately get what they really desire even if they do not know it and that my friend includes you.

"Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled." Matt 5:6

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We might consider just what the blood was in the OT and what the real blood of Jesus is. What if the first is but a type or shadow of the real thing which is not physical?

Jesus did shed his natural blood, but was that the source of Life for you and for me? Within Jesus was real Life. Perhaps better said: Jesus was/is real Life.

Jesus yielded up the Ghost or he shed the Spirit, the Spirit that was to become available to whosoever will, no? The Ghost is the Holy Ghost or Holy Spirit for Jesus. He was beginning to share with whosoever will the Spirit within him by shedding it. This is the Life promised to us and/or for us:

”Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life." II Cor 3:6

The natural blood as is the giver of natural life. The spirit of man is the corrupted spirit, which was corrupted in the Garden of Eden. That spirit provides only natural, temporal or carnal life. That spirit cannot give the Life which Jesus is:

"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." John 14:6

What was it Zechariah wrote?

"Then he answered and spake unto me, saying, This is the word of the LORD unto Zerubbabel, saying, Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit, saith the LORD of hosts." Zech 4:6

This was not the natural blood of Jesus consisting of approximately 10 pints inherited from his carnal mother, Mary. That blood was spilled and lost in natural death. The Life giving blood he spilled or shed or spread was the Spirit, the Holy Spirit when he yielded up the Ghost (Spirit).

Life is in the blood. Jesus (God) the perfect- shed his blood to die for the sins of people-the imperfect. Almighty God the Creator and sustainer of ALL things- Himself being the ONLY good and perfect being came to this earth to offer Himself as the ONLY fitting sacrifice that could ever be. He made Himself to feel what we feel and sinned not a day in His life so, being in human form with all it entails, pain, emotions... He left behind His glory so as to truly become a fitting sacrifice FOR human sin. Who cares what percentage of Mary's blood he might have had in Him? Did you ever think that our God might be powerful enough that even a microdot of His blood would do? I mean, He DID create all things after all. He IS all powerful, all knowing and everywhere at the same time...He is eternal...has no beginning and no end and...He is totally faithful. amen?
God Bless

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@"ByGrace" I guess I still need to expand on the sin in the life of a believer according to the natural man in all of us. Believers are not perfected yet and are sensitive to sin and the spirit within helps to avoid or prevent sin. It never is a way of life anymore. God sees a perfect/perfecting being in Christ and theirs sins are not seen anymore. They do not exist. We are baptized in Christ. This is why believers say they do not sin anymore.

Unbelievers operate without the spirit of Christ. If convicted to something that is considered sin, God moves a believer to acknowledge and repent if necessary usually to those we offend. We do not practice or continue in sin anymore. Our sin is not held against us as the spirit within us is working to perfect us to salvation. Now a sinner or unbeliever will cry wolf every time and say a believer is a hypocrite, has a license to sin, or is a big fat liar and a sinner like them. And we know as a believer this is completely false. Unless the professing believer is really a fake and is absent of the spirit.

Bless you,

APAK

We could be talking apples and oranges. So what would you describe sin as. Is there more than one category? I believe so.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul is saying that when zealous for spiritual gifts as he began in verse 1, to seek the gift of prophesy over all spiritual gifts and repeated it again in general that in seeking a gift to excel to the edifying of the church. Thus leading into verse 13 about when a believer has tongues, that they were to pray while speaking in tongues that somebody else will interpret that tongue being manifested in the tongue speaker. Paul goes on to say that he would understand the tongue for why he is praying that someone will interpret the tongue while that tongue is manifested in him by the Holy Spirit.

You're funny. Your guess at what this means is wrong, and adding to what it says.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Taken, you take a very liberal and creative approach to whom you consider God,

Not sure what you mean by liberal and creative.

I consider many things to consider whom I believe is God. One such things, IS Names and Titles that apply to God and Not mankind.

by using his many purposeful attributes

Not sure your point. "Purposeful attributes", but yet "without purpose" ?

and they are not necessarily his limited number of titles.

I mentioned a few examples. Never said anything about Limited.

Just because someone such has Jesus or even me or you use possesses or aligns with some of the attributes of God does not make us God.

Never said it does.

What religion is this?

That was your comment, not mine. You would have to answer your own question about what religion that would be.

You have invented a fail-safe way of saying Jesus = God

No. Scripture itself discloses things that ONLY apply to God.

for every attribute/or in any mode of God Jesus uses.

I did not say EVERY attribute or IN ANY MODE.

You know I will never agree with you on this fantasy.

Most of what you have written is your words, not mine. I don't agree with them either.

You really believe that God reveals his power IS Christ.

Yes.
1 Cor 1:24 ...Christ the Power of God...

Really, 'IS'??

Yes.

Now if you said THROUGH Jesus, then that is biblical.

So is 1 Cor 1:24, Biblical!

Are you a Oneness/modalist believer then?

What is that? Something men invented?

I have to admit it is pretty creative, but DEAD wrong.

Again the creative words are pretty much yours, not mine. So, it appears you are disagreeing with yourself.

God Bless,
Taken

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
No all that you are tempting to do is disregarding the Bible as the written Word of God.
ah, i hope you understand that it's not that i am against the idea, but that i learned it is simply not true
No one is idolising the Books, it's the Word of God that is within that are Holy.
i don't see how you can speak for others there, Word requires breath just like your word, and you cannot Quote "The Bible is Holy" for i guess the same reason.

Again, seems like those would be true to me, too; but obv "Easter" then becomes "Word" and "Holy" i guess
I read the Bible everyday and I still discover point's that I missed. it's a fantastic book to get to know and the way it's done far exceeds any other book ever written by far, nothing comes close, nothing has the spiritual power like that, I read the book of Mormon and it was total crap as it put me to sleep boring as, but the Bible is never dull as it always blows me away, I pick it up and it's like spiritual Gold.
believe me i feel the same, but that does not negate the fact that scribes will scribe It up to suit the buyers. Or that Word requires Breath.

It's perfectly ok with me if you want to believe the Bible is the Word ok, but then what will you call Word when you hear it?

Last edited:
Reactions: amadeus and Helen

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
I'm trying to understand you, otherwise I would just pass on.
of course i have to do some of the same thing, i get you.
Ask, seek, knock i guess
(which you might contrast with your current path/statements.
speaking generally there tho, i dunno, being as how you have not passed on.)

Last edited:

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We could be talking apples and oranges. So what would you describe sin as. Is there more than one category? I believe so.

As a believer sin is some type spiritual infraction that the spirit makes us aware of and we then know how to deal with it either through repentance or asking forgiveness of someone we offended. It is a ‘heart’ condition. Actually a believer can actually fool themselves to think they sin in some easy and it may not really be sin as we are very sensitive to it in our lives.

We cannot walk in the spirit successfully until we square away other things that offend others and ultimately God. Well with me over the years, I continue to minimize sin in my life as I grow in understanding of Christ and my walk with him through the power of God.

To a sinner meaning one with a sin heart condition without the surgeon being in the house or with the regenerative spirit within, the unsaved, these folks make up their own rules if they are ‘good’ or that sin is bad or not really bad etc. What penalty or penance is warranted etc. They are sinners and under the law, where those in Christ are not they are under grace.

There are no categories of sin to a believer only to sinners and unbelievers. These continue to struggle with how to categorize them.

Bless you,

APAK

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not sure what you mean by liberal and creative.

I consider many things to consider whom I believe is God. One such things, IS Names and Titles that apply to God and Not mankind.

Not sure your point. "Purposeful attributes", but yet "without purpose" ?

I mentioned a few examples. Never said anything about Limited.

Never said it does.

That was your comment, not mine. You would have to answer your own question about what religion that would be.

No. Scripture itself discloses things that ONLY apply to God.

I did not say EVERY attribute or IN ANY MODE.

Most of what you have written is your words, not mine. I don't agree with them either.

Yes.
1 Cor 1:24 ...Christ the Power of God...

Yes.

So is 1 Cor 1:24, Biblical!

What is that? Something men invented?

Again the creative words are pretty much yours, not mine. So, it appears you are disagreeing with yourself.

God Bless,
Taken
Taken:

1 Corin 1:24 Christ appears to them as the power of God; or it is through him that the power of salvation is communicated to them. Jesus is never the source of power, God alone is possesses this greatness.

Read 1 Cor 1:18 to get the definition and context “the power of Christ”

Bless you and I do love your honesty,

APAK

Reactions: bbyrd009

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And who is it that made you a judge over me? Do you suppose that you could change the truth by logically [according to you] drawing a conclusion in support of your stand?
Do we live for God by logic or by faith?

How about what God's word says about how the Holy Spirit can speak and how He cannot speak in John 16:13? Is that not how we test the spirits but by the scriptures? It cannot be by sensing it feels good because they are seducing spirits.

"For we dare not make ourselves of the number, or compare ourselves with some that commend themselves: but they measuring themselves by themselves, and comparing themselves among themselves, are not wise." II Cor 10:12

This is about believers who exalt themselves over others and you do that by testifying to having something that not all regular believers have; another drink of the One Spirit by which you gained that tongue for private use.

You are speaking nonsense. Another spirit, is it? And how would you know this?

Did not Paul give order in how tongues were to be used in the assembly wherein if someone came in and saw everybody speaking in tongues, they would deem the church as mad? The same applies to anyone coming in on you and seeing you pray in tongues privately so how can God have you abstain from that appearance of evil in using tongues privately? God wouldn't.

Did they not say that Jesus had power by Bezeelbub? How did they know? Apparently the same way that you do. They wanted to be right in their way so as to retain their superior [as they thought] position. Stand down my friend and simply seek God and hold your tongue until you are led by the Holy Spirit to speak.

John 16:13 testify that the Holy Spirit cannot use the prophetic God's gift of tongues to speak unto the people to turn it around for uttering His own intercessions. If you go to the Greek of Romans 8:26, even His groanings cannot be uttered, hence no sound at all for why Another in Romans 8:27 has to know the mind of the Spirit to give His unspoken intercessions to the Father, and that Another is Jesus Christ, the same one that searches our hearts as Hebrews 4:12-16 confirms.

http://www.sacrednamebible.com/kjvstrongs/index2.htm

On the left column, scroll down to click on 8 under Romans and then scroll down to verse 26 and click on the last Greek word mirroring that verse 26 and you will find this definition below.

"from a - a 1 (as a negative particle) and a derivative of lalew - laleo 2980; unspeakable:--unutterable, which cannot be uttered."

Do you use His words to reprove the works of darkness or not? Then discern the meat of His words now for why that is NOT the Holy Spirit prompting you to pray in tongues. You do not need tongues to pray and certainly the Holy Spirit does not need tongues to give His unspoken intercessions to the Father when He has Jesus to give it for Him. 1 Timothy 2:5

Even if I were wrong and you were right, I could not move a heart hungry and thirsty for righteousness away from God. People do ultimately get what they really desire even if they do not know it and that my friend includes you.
"Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled." Matt 5:6

You were filled at you salvation. Note His promise for how all who had come to Him and believed in Him shall have at their salvation; no more hungering nor thirsting.

John 6:35 And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.

So for a believer to still hunger and thirst is him denying he has been saved by Him when he had come to & believed in Him.

Luke 5:37 And no man putteth new wine into old bottles; else the new wine will burst the bottles, and be spilled, and the bottles shall perish.38 But new wine must be put into new bottles; and both are preserved.

That is why there is no other calling; no other drink of the One Spirit to be had so you can rest in Him as complete in Christ when you were saved.

Colossians 2:6 As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him: 7 Rooted and built up in him, and stablished in the faith, as ye have been taught, abounding therein with thanksgiving. 8 Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ. 9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. 10 And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:

To seek another filling is to deny the completeness you are in Him since you had been saved and being seen as a broken vessel by that tongue which you had received by that other calling.

But if you are going to doubt His words and play with it, then how can you reprove anything?

I do not doubt what you have is real to you, but the apostle John would warn you to test the spirits by His words because in no way would God's gift of tongues would cease to come with interpretation as it was never meant for private use but for speaking unto the people ( 1 Corinthians 14:20-22 ).

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're funny. Your guess at what this means is wrong, and adding to what it says.

Seeing how John 16:13 reproves that the Holy Spirit cannot turn God's gift of tongues around for His own purpose of speaking His unspeakable intercessions is not funny at all. That and 1 Corinthians 12:7-13 is proof that you are applying Paul's words wrong in 1 Corinthians 14th chapter.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Taken:

1 Corin 1:24 Christ appears to them as the power of God; or it is through him that the power of salvation is communicated to them. Jesus is never the source of power, God alone is possesses this greatness.

APAK

A Spirit APPEARED to men AS a human man.

I happen to believe, THAT Spirit came forth Out from God in Heaven, And TOOK upon Himself a BODY, prepared BY God, So Human men Could SEE Him, Learn from Him, Relate to Him.
Taken:

APAK

Sounds like you are leaning toward
Thee Lord,
Thee God,
Thee Almighty

Are 3 separate entities.

If that is the case, I would disagree and then understand your disagreement with me,

Otherwise, not sure What you are challenging and disagreeing with...(per your post # 507.)

Also, I do believe Christ IS the Power of God.
But then, I have been clear, Father, Son, Holy Spirit are all thee ONE Lord God Almighty.

God Bless,
Taken

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Life is in the blood. Jesus (God) the perfect- shed his blood to die for the sins of people-the imperfect. Almighty God the Creator and sustainer of ALL things- Himself being the ONLY good and perfect being came to this earth to offer Himself as the ONLY fitting sacrifice that could ever be. He made Himself to feel what we feel and sinned not a day in His life so, being in human form with all it entails, pain, emotions... He left behind His glory so as to truly become a fitting sacrifice FOR human sin. Who cares what percentage of Mary's blood he might have had in Him? Did you ever think that our God might be powerful enough that even a microdot of His blood would do? I mean, He DID create all things after all. He IS all powerful, all knowing and everywhere at the same time...He is eternal...has no beginning and no end and...He is totally faithful. amen?
God Bless
No argument. But I would clarify. I simply see two things, that which is carnal and that which is spiritual. In the OT the carnal ways of men affected their connection or lack thereof with God. But, nearly all or all of that related directly or indirectly to the spiritual connection with God. All of that, or nearly all of that was a type and/or shadow of the ultimate connection with God.

As to blood, without blood no man can live physically. What I am saying is to consider the spiritual blood as the Holy Spirit in us. Without the spiritual blood we are dead. All of us were dead to God when born to our carnal mothers. Some of us took hold of the Life Jesus brought and are no longer dead to God. Without the Holy Spirit in us we are dead to God.

Reactions: Taken

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How about what God's word says about how the Holy Spirit can speak and how He cannot speak in John 16:13? Is that not how we test the spirits but by the scriptures? It cannot be by sensing it feels good because they are seducing spirits.

This is about believers who exalt themselves over others and you do that by testifying to having something that not all regular believers have; another drink of the One Spirit by which you gained that tongue for private use.

Did not Paul give order in how tongues were to be used in the assembly wherein if someone came in and saw everybody speaking in tongues, they would deem the church as mad? The same applies to anyone coming in on you and seeing you pray in tongues privately so how can God have you abstain from that appearance of evil in using tongues privately? God wouldn't.

John 16:13 testify that the Holy Spirit cannot use the prophetic God's gift of tongues to speak unto the people to turn it around for uttering His own intercessions. If you go to the Greek of Romans 8:26, even His groanings cannot be uttered, hence no sound at all for why Another in Romans 8:27 has to know the mind of the Spirit to give His unspoken intercessions to the Father, and that Another is Jesus Christ, the same one that searches our hearts as Hebrews 4:12-16 confirms.

http://www.sacrednamebible.com/kjvstrongs/index2.htm

On the left column, scroll down to click on 8 under Romans and then scroll down to verse 26 and click on the last Greek word mirroring that verse 26 and you will find this definition below.

"from a - a 1 (as a negative particle) and a derivative of lalew - laleo 2980; unspeakable:--unutterable, which cannot be uttered."

Do you use His words to reprove the works of darkness or not? Then discern the meat of His words now for why that is NOT the Holy Spirit prompting you to pray in tongues. You do not need tongues to pray and certainly the Holy Spirit does not need tongues to give His unspoken intercessions to the Father when He has Jesus to give it for Him. 1 Timothy 2:5

You were filled at you salvation. Note His promise for how all who had come to Him and believed in Him shall have at their salvation; no more hungering nor thirsting.

John 6:35 And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.

So for a believer to still hunger and thirst is him denying he has been saved by Him when he had come to & believed in Him.

Luke 5:37 And no man putteth new wine into old bottles; else the new wine will burst the bottles, and be spilled, and the bottles shall perish.38 But new wine must be put into new bottles; and both are preserved.

That is why there is no other calling; no other drink of the One Spirit to be had so you can rest in Him as complete in Christ when you were saved.

Colossians 2:6 As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him: 7 Rooted and built up in him, and stablished in the faith, as ye have been taught, abounding therein with thanksgiving. 8 Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ. 9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. 10 And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:

To seek another filling is to deny the completeness you are in Him since you had been saved and being seen as a broken vessel by that tongue which you had received by that other calling.

But if you are going to doubt His words and play with it, then how can you reprove anything?

I do not doubt what you have is real to you, but the apostle John would warn you to test the spirits by His words because in no way would God's gift of tongues would cease to come with interpretation as it was never meant for private use but for speaking unto the people ( 1 Corinthians 14:20-22 ).
I am glad that you have put so much time and effort in this. If you continue to work in that direction maybe sometime God will speak to your heart about all of these things.

Sorry, but I will not answer you in every point, as we both know that you would not be changed by that. Only God give the increase but He will never press a person to change what he is has set in concrete. If a person is really in touch with God he will always be returning the lowest room because he has no doubts at all about God. He knows that God will be with him each step of the way and change him as change is needed. For me to go through each point would to you be me arguing my beliefs as me being right and you being wrong. I won't do that unless and until God wants me to walk that way for His reasons. I am listening to Him.

Give God the glory!

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are no categories of sin to a believer only to sinners and unbelievers. These continue to struggle with how to categorize them.

Bless you,

APAK

I disagree, just the opposite. When we have a close relationship with God, we want to understand what He thinks of all sin, and not just make something up. The Word of God is clear on that. Just wanted to know if it was important to you too.

Reactions: Nancy

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A Spirit APPEARED to men AS a human man.

I happen to believe, THAT Spirit came forth Out from God in Heaven, And TOOK upon Himself a BODY, prepared BY God, So Human men Could SEE Him, Learn from Him, Relate to Him.

Sounds like you are leaning toward
Thee Lord,
Thee God,
Thee Almighty

Are 3 separate entities.

If that is the case, I would disagree and then understand your disagreement with me,

Otherwise, not sure What you are challenging and disagreeing with...(per your post # 507.)

Also, I do believe Christ IS the Power of God.
But then, I have been clear, Father, Son, Holy Spirit are all thee ONE Lord God Almighty.

God Bless,
Taken
I do understand what your position is here. I guess I 'saw' something not there in the previous post.

I agree with your initial statement in your post here, if you mean that God's spirit created and formed the human being called Jesus, and God's spirit also resided with Jesus' own unique spirit since his conception. He is begotten of God and a complete human being, the son of man. Jesus became a natural believer in God from conception - the one and only from birth.

The Lord, God Almighty, YWHW are the same person, not three...

Bless you,

APAK

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Seeing how John 16:13 reproves that the Holy Spirit cannot turn God's gift of tongues around for His own purpose of speaking His unspeakable intercessions is not funny at all. That and 1 Corinthians 12:7-13 is proof that you are applying Paul's words wrong in 1 Corinthians 14th chapter.

Here is what I burst out laughing about. You said,

Thus leading into verse 13 about when a believer has tongues, that they were to pray while speaking in tongues that somebody else will interpret that tongue being manifested in the tongue speaker. Paul goes on to say that he would understand the tongue for why he is praying that someone will interpret the tongue while that tongue is manifested in him by the Holy Spirit.

13 Therefore let him who speaks in a tongue pray that he may interpret. Not, somebody else; himself! ROFL

What a twist! If you refuse to believe what it actually says so you can learn of God, then you have to add words to the written word to make it say what you - your own god - says. Humble yourself and come down off that silly throne of willful arrogance and false pride that makes you think you are above the Word of God and can make it say what you think it says.

Lord Byron, romantic poet of the early 1800’s, walked into a pub and sat down at a table by the fire. Sitting at the table next to him he overheard the heated conversation of two gentlemen discussing the meaning of a poem – one written by the poet himself. He listened with amusement as they debated over the meaning of the poem, both completely missing the point. Finally, he chimed in with the true meaning of the poem, introducing himself as the author. Even so they stood their ground preferring their own interpretations, and both argued with Lord Byron over the meaning of the poem.

Last edited:
Reactions: Helen and amadeus
Status
Not open for further replies.