Jesus never said he was God Almighty

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes figurative speech. Remember you are the one that claims God is the image of the invisible God, the Firstborn of all Creation; 1 Col

I didn't write the Bible.

Colossians 1:14-15 (NKJV)
14 in whom we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins.
15 He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.

I simply disagree with your doctrine of error. God is eternal... God is never wrong but you are...
I NEVER denied that God is eternal! Stop LYING!
Personal Attacks prove that you are becoming more desperate and that you are simply trying to disrupt the forum.
You are doing exactly what you are charging me of doing.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, a figure of speech. But none of the trinity is taking on Satan. God sent his messenger to take on Satan. And then we also have Jesus words at (Matthew 26:53)

New King James Version
Or do you think that I cannot now pray to My Father, and He will provide Me with more than twelve legions of angels?

Literal Standard Version
do you think that I am not able now to call on My Father, and He will place beside Me more than twelve legions of messengers?

If Jesus is Almighty God then why would he call on someone else to send angels? Many of this forum claim Jesus is the Father in the flesh... so why this major discrepancy?

American Standard Version
I and the Father are one. (John 10:30) Seems to be figurative speech also.

One divine essence
With three equal persons

God breathed life to Adam gen 2:7
Christ breathed new creation life Jn 20:21-23
And is the way the truth and the life
The resurrection and the life
Only God is life!

Reactions: Richard Evans

BroRando

May 1, 2021
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I didn't write the Bible.

Colossians 1:14-15 (NKJV)
14 in whom we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins.
15 He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.

I NEVER denied that God is eternal! Stop LYING!

You are doing exactly what you are charging me of doing.

I have no need to lie. According to you (John 10:30) is not figurative speech. So can we apply your doctrine of error to the following?

• I am no longer in the world, but they are in the world, and I am coming to you. Holy Father, watch over them on account of your own name, which you have given me, so that they may be one just as we are one. (John 17:11)
  • I have given them the glory that you have given me, in order that they may be one just as we are one. (John 17:22)
  • I and the Father are one. (John 10:30)
If Jesus is Almighty God as you claim, then why is Jesus asking his Father to do something for him? Obviously these scriptures are not literal but figurative speech...

The teaching that Jesus is the Father in the flesh doesn't hold water.... modalism is a pagan doctrine that was declared as an Arian Hersey.... today most trinitarians tend to accept this teaching because they cannot find a scripture that claims God is made up of three sperate persons. So claiming (Jesus is God) is an Arian Heresy because you deny that Jesus is the Christ the son of the living God. (Matthew 16:16) God is not an image of God but angels and humans are... this doesn't mean they are God, but can be one with HIM if we believe in the messenger that was sent. (John 3:16)

Neither was God Begotten... God is eternal... Nor is God a man or the Son of man... (Numbers 23:19) Now if you want to push ahead and preach another gospel of Christ foreign to the Bible... I won't hold you back... It's a Personal Choice.

Now back to the topic... Jesus never said he was God Almighty

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have no need to lie. According to you (John 10:30) is not figurative speech. So can we apply your doctrine of error to the following?

• I am no longer in the world, but they are in the world, and I am coming to you. Holy Father, watch over them on account of your own name, which you have given me, so that they may be one just as we are one. (John 17:11)
  • I have given them the glory that you have given me, in order that they may be one just as we are one. (John 17:22)
  • I and the Father are one. (John 10:30)
If Jesus is Almighty God as you claim, then why is Jesus asking his Father to do something for him? Obviously these scriptures are not literal but figurative speech...

The teaching that Jesus is the Father in the flesh doesn't hold water.... modalism is a pagan doctrine that was declared as an Arian Hersey.... today most trinitarians tend to accept this teaching because they cannot find a scripture that claims God is made up of three sperate persons. So claiming (Jesus is God) is an Arian Heresy because you deny that Jesus is the Christ the son of the living God. (Matthew 16:16) God is not an image of God but angels and humans are... this doesn't mean they are God, but can be one with HIM if we believe in the messenger that was sent. (John 3:16)

Neither was God Begotten... God is eternal... Nor is God a man or the Son of man... (Numbers 23:19) Now if you want to push ahead and preach another gospel of Christ foreign to the Bible... I won't hold you back... It's a Personal Choice.

Now back to the topic... Jesus never said he was God Almighty
Revelation 22:12-13 (NKJV)
12 "And behold, I am coming quickly (Jesus), and My reward is with Me, to give to every one according to his work.
13 I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End, the First and the Last."

Are there any Scriptures in the Bible that Kingdom Hall doesn't TWIST the Hell out of?

Last edited:

BroRando

May 1, 2021
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Revelation 22:12-13 (NKJV)
12 "And behold, I am coming quickly (Jesus), and My reward is with Me, to give to every one according to his work.
13 I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End, the First and the Last."

Are there any Scriptures in the Bible that JW's don't TWIST the Hell out of?

I have no need to twist. I simply quoted the words of Jesus Christ that you rejected.

At the Beginning Of Revelation we read, "A revelation by Jesus Christ, which GOD Gave him," (Revelation 1:1) Now you would say something like... No No Jesus is God, he wouldn't receive a Revelation given to him by God... Doesn't Jesus know he is God... what is wrong with that Jesus?

Then I would say... I'm quoting the scripture.. then you would say I'm lying.. Jesus is God. And I would say, there is no such scripture. And you would say Jesus is Almighty God... and then I would ask you to show me the scripture. And after several days you would say blah blah blah like the teacher in Charlie Brown that nobody understands and say see Jesus said he was Almighty God in Genesis 1:1 and I say the scripture doesn't even say Jesus... then you would say I'm lying again.... blah blah blah...

Then I would give you another quote from Jesus... and we repeat the process... Like... did you know Jesus claimed to be the Bright Morning Star?

“‘I, Jesus, sent my angel to bear witness to you about these things for the congregations. I am the root and the offspring of David and the bright morning star.’” (Revelation 22:16)

Then I would throw in another scripture to make you stay up all night.... AS far as we know there are two morning stars that fight over Jehovah's Sovereignty. Can you guess which one wins?

Job 38:7
When the morning stars joyfully cried out together, And all the sons of God began shouting in applause? The Bright Morning Star is the Beginning of Creation as in Jn 1:1... "In the Beginning was the Word"

Col 1:15... Firstborn of All Creation
Rev 3:12... the Beginning of Creation of God

Last edited:

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So now you're denying that Gen 1:26 is referring to angels? Make up your mind.
You must know you are DECEITFUL and a BOLD-FACED LAIR kcnalp!

And get off the angel thing like a whiny screaming child who loves to irritate adults. You want to keep beating the angel thing in Gen 1:26 for some hidden reason. You know what I wrote so stop with your childish outbursts.

I did include angels in Gen 1:26 in response to YOUR QUESTION in a specific context as you well know, as being also in the image of God as a possible meaning to your initial query concerning the plural form usage of 'us' and 'our.' And the other answer/second contender I gave as my preferred answer to Gen 1:26

Read my original post here again: And then stop your constant fabrication of LIES, adding in words and statements that I never said or intended.
----------------the post rewritten again----------------------------------------
Yes I do, and there are two strong contenders: the angels and/or the use of the majesty expression -plurality, or overwhelming dominance.

The former is self-explanatory and the latter means that God Almighty (singular) uses a plural emphasis to emphasized his dominance and overwhelming power in creation. An easy example today would be a King or Queen stating the plurality 'we' when they embark or announce something of importance to their people. This majesty expression was a common expression with the Hebrews and it has been imported into the Western culture thousands of years ago. It is however not a common expression today. And we must read scripture in context in the times it was spoken or written.

So in Genesis 1:26 And God said, “Let us make man in our image, after our likeness.” (KJV)

Again with more explanation...

Elohim and Adonim, are Hebrew words for God, and occur in the plural. If this literally meant a plurality of persons, it would be translated “Gods.” But the Hebrews/Judahites, being truly monotheistic and thoroughly familiar with the idioms of their own language, have never understood the use of the plural to indicate a plurality of persons within the one God. This use of the plural is for amplification, and is called a “plural of majesty” or a “plural of emphasis,” and is used for intensification. Many Hebrew scholars identify this use of “us” as the use of the plural of majesty or plural of emphasis. This is what I believe.

And from another person concerning the plural of majesty, clearly attested to in writing from royalty through the ages.

Hyndman writes:

"The true explanation of this verse is to be found in the practice which has prevailed in all nations with which we are acquainted, of persons speaking of themselves in the plural number. “Given at our palace,” “It is our pleasure,” are common expressions of kings in their proclamations "

And this is what you responded with...
1. You were created by angels? Oh my! How utterly outrageous!
-------------my response rewritten again------------------
No, we might have an image as the angels, as the angels have an image of the Creator, as we have an image of the Creator. Figure it out if you have a brain. Let me know if you need some assistance understanding this simple concept.
-------------------------------------------------------
Again, I prefer the last solution, as you could deduce from my repost, although one cannot discount that God Almighty spoke with the angels in Gen 1:26.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And this is you latest outrageous outburst from this comment of mine:
2. So now you're denying that Gen 1:26 is referring to angels? Make up your mind.
---------------------------------------------------------------

I said it can refer to angels already boy....read again boy, and stop your lying tongue from moving!

You are truly a mentally-challenged person or you just want to cause strife on these forums.

So the challenge to you boy is this. What is your meaning of Gen 1:26? I will want your answer so any casual observer can understand it.

I will be asking you this question until you answer it for me boy....

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did Jesus speak and claim he was divine, let alone God Almighty? A clear resounding No! This something to ponder over.

Jesus said in plain view he was the son of man and never a divine being.

Can we believe scripture or not, or shall we believe in several noted early writers that provided their own opinions and concluded for Jesus Christ, that he was not only divine, but also God himself? Is there a dilemma here?

These early writers evidently had a real impact into the 4th century when Constantine and the bishops voted that Jesus was indeed God and divine?

Image you are a visitor from Mars with much more intellect and led by the spirit of God. You lay all this data out in front of you to search for the truth of Jesus the Lord and Savior from Earth. Would you conclude and side with these mentioned early writers or the God-breathed words of God?

Is it that most people, including these early writers wanted to believe that for Jesus to succeed n his mission on earth and never sin he MUST HAVE BEEN GOD and then is GOD TODAY, even though it does not make any sense at all. Is Jesus in heaven today God Almighty or not? We cannot change our minds if we said he was GOD on earth and then say he is not now. He is at the right side of God Almighty is he not? So how do we reconcile this apparent dilemma?

Is this logical scriptural thinking?

Once a lie or err is introduced even well-intentioned, it grows with more forced errors to support the base lie.

My thinking and logic is, it went down as at least a six-layered structure of errors with a lot of frosting built on sand:

1. The early writers were in error about Jesus and gave their personal opinions about what they thought Jesus was, his nature. Once this error gained momentum it eventually gained official approval as fact, especially by the 4th century.

Since then, it (Jesus = God) had to be defended with a vengeance for the credibility of the entire fledgling religious movement.

2. So, the supporters of this err had to invent the concept of incarnation to say God birthed himself into a human being. A wild concept. Sounds pagan.

3. Then the concept of hypostasis was invented to now say Jesus was both divine and human, the fusing of two natures as one spirit.

Now they had to glue it somehow to scripture to give it the appearance as truth.

4. They had to find some part of scripture as its touchstone of their newly acquired lie. They forced a new meaning into John 1:1-2 and the FIRST part of John 1:14 to add a new secondary meaning for the Greek word ‘logos.’ In all scripture ‘logos’ has one consistent meaning: it has always meant a kind of plan, logic, or purpose and never a person, let alone Jesus. Check it out for yourself. Yes, Jesus is called the ‘word of God’ in a couple of places in scripture, although this simply means he was the instrument to execute and complete the ‘plan’ logos of salvation originated by God.

5. Then, because of this third tiered lie, they had to now say Jesus preexisted at the beginning of time, I guess.

6. Then because of the first 5 structured lies, more lies in the form of many, many writings and sermons are still finishing this structure today. They are just window dressings composed of many cherry-picked scriptures and blind interpretations to clue the entire structure together and make it look more credible, enticing and pleasing to the hears and eyes.

The structure of the lie that Jesus = God will all coming crashing down all in good time. It will not stand because it does not hold up as truth. It is a profound and brazen lie.

Jesus was the only born believer in God because God Almighty really conceived him, with Mary. God was surely with him and thus us! That is what Emmanuel means by the way. It does not naively mean Jesus = God, as most probably the early writer thought.

Jesu was the last Adam and the first of the new creation of believers of God. Why do you think the spirit of Christ and truth was given to us? Do you think the spirit of Christ would be given to us if Jesus = God? Not! We are conforming to the image of Christ not God Almighty. It is impossible to confirm to the exact image of God! Jesus was the closest in his power and life. Jesus is the closest to God’s power in heaven. God Almighty had to bring the spirit of Christ to us. Christ could not do it alone. He ‘rode down’/used the spirit of God to get to our human hearts.

We as believers partake of the divine nature OF GOD ONLY, during our lives, THROUGH the spirit of Christ that already has divinity OF GOD in him. Jesus partakes of the spirit of DIVINITY today, so that we can partake of the same spirit of DIVINITY THROUGH him only. There is no other way. The source of divinity is and has always been from God Almighty, not Jesus. Jesus is the 1st layer user of the spiritual power of God. We as believers are the 2nd layer users, drawing off this same spiritual power through Christ.

A decent analogy is like the main grid and source of power is God Almighty. Jesus is the 1st layer of power manipulation as the step-down transformer system on the poles or on the ground to our homes. We are the home users, the users of the 2nd layer of power manipulation, drawing power off these transformers.

Jesus partook of the divinity and nature of the spirit of God since he was conceived, and then as the Christ, he possessed the ‘full’ suit of power of God after his baptism.

This is how Jesus, the Christ never sinned and completed his mission, with the power of God Almighty. He could not have succeeded without his Father, God Almighty.

People of little faith is apparently not a dated phenomenon.

What say you?

Peace and love out!

(Deu 6:4) “Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one.
(Deu 6:5) You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might.
(Deu 6:6) And these words that I command you today shall be on your heart. (ALL ESV)

Bless you,

APAK

So, tell us all why God violated His own command to worship Him alone, by commanding the angels to worship Jesus?

And tell us why the apostles sinned by falling at Jesus’ feet and worshipping Him, and why Jesus sinned by accepting their worship?

Reactions: kcnalp

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please stop with your sheer ignorance and childish behaviour. Are you always this argumentive who loves to add words in for other people. You are just embarrassing yourself.

No, we might have an image as the angels, as the angels have an image of the Creator, as we have an image of the Creator. Figure it out if you have a brain. Let me know if you need some assistance understanding this simple concept.

If you continue with another stupid and degrading reply, I will not be too kind with my words głupi człowiek!
I have to agree with you. I have a question...Being created in His Image....what exactly is His image since He is spirit?
I will discuss this further in a pm
..tomorrow with you. It's late and fixing to go to bed.

Reactions: APAK

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, tell us all why God violated His own command to worship Him alone, by commanding the angels to worship Jesus?

And tell us why the apostles sinned by falling at Jesus’ feet and worshipping Him, and why Jesus sinned by accepting their worship?
Every knee shall bow, every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord of Lords and King of Kings....yes we worship our Lord and King.
And since Jesus said that He and the Father are one then all.praiee is given to our Father and our Lord and Saviour.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You must know you are DECEITFUL and a BOLD-FACED LAIR kcnalp!
You said, "Yes I do, and there are two strong contenders: the angels and/or the use of the majesty expression -plurality, or overwhelming dominance." Remember? Now, who's the "LAIR"?
And get off the angel thing like a whiny screaming child who loves to irritate adults. You want to keep beating the angel thing in Gen 1:26 for some hidden reason. You know what I wrote so stop with your childish outbursts.
Yes, I know what you said. "Yes I do, and there are two strong contenders: the angels and/or the use of the majesty expression -plurality, or overwhelming dominance."
I did include angels in Gen 1:26 in response to YOUR QUESTION in a specific context as you well know, as being also in the image of God as a possible meaning to your initial query concerning the plural form usage of 'us' and 'our.' And the other answer/second contender I gave as my preferred answer to Gen 1:26
Gen 1:26 is referring to God the Creator.
Read my original post here again: And then stop your constant fabrication of LIES, adding in words and statements that I never said or intended.
----------------the post rewritten again----------------------------------------
Yes I do, and there are two strong contenders: the angels and/or the use of the majesty expression -plurality, or overwhelming dominance.

The former is self-explanatory and the latter means that God Almighty (singular) uses a plural emphasis to emphasized his dominance and overwhelming power in creation. An easy example today would be a King or Queen stating the plurality 'we' when they embark or announce something of importance to their people. This majesty expression was a common expression with the Hebrews and it has been imported into the Western culture thousands of years ago. It is however not a common expression today. And we must read scripture in context in the times it was spoken or written.

So in Genesis 1:26 And God said, “Let us make man in our image, after our likeness.” (KJV)

Again with more explanation...

Elohim and Adonim, are Hebrew words for God, and occur in the plural. If this literally meant a plurality of persons, it would be translated “Gods.” But the Hebrews/Judahites, being truly monotheistic and thoroughly familiar with the idioms of their own language, have never understood the use of the plural to indicate a plurality of persons within the one God. This use of the plural is for amplification, and is called a “plural of majesty” or a “plural of emphasis,” and is used for intensification. Many Hebrew scholars identify this use of “us” as the use of the plural of majesty or plural of emphasis. This is what I believe.

And from another person concerning the plural of majesty, clearly attested to in writing from royalty through the ages.

Hyndman writes:

"The true explanation of this verse is to be found in the practice which has prevailed in all nations with which we are acquainted, of persons speaking of themselves in the plural number. “Given at our palace,” “It is our pleasure,” are common expressions of kings in their proclamations "

And this is what you responded with...
1. You were created by angels? Oh my! How utterly outrageous!
-------------my response rewritten again------------------
-------------------------------------------------------
Again, I prefer the last solution, as you could deduce from my repost, although one cannot discount that God Almighty spoke with the angels in Gen 1:26.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And this is you latest outrageous outburst from this comment of mine:
2. So now you're denying that Gen 1:26 is referring to angels? Make up your mind.
---------------------------------------------------------------

I said it can refer to angels already boy....read again boy, and stop your lying tongue from moving!

You are truly a mentally-challenged person or you just want to cause strife on these forums.

So the challenge to you boy is this. What is your meaning of Gen 1:26? I will want your answer so any casual observer can understand it.

I will be asking you this question until you answer it for me boy....
Now you're a Hebrew expert? You're TWISTING Gen 1:26 to fit YOUR doctrine. It's perfectly clear.

Gen 1:26 God said, "Let US make man in OUR image according to OUR likeness".

Father, Son and Holy Spirit!

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have no need to twist. I simply quoted the words of Jesus Christ that you rejected.

At the Beginning Of Revelation we read, "A revelation by Jesus Christ, which GOD Gave him," (Revelation 1:1) Now you would say something like... No No Jesus is God, he wouldn't receive a Revelation given to him by God... Doesn't Jesus know he is God... what is wrong with that Jesus?

Then I would say... I'm quoting the scripture.. then you would say I'm lying.. Jesus is God. And I would say, there is no such scripture. And you would say Jesus is Almighty God... and then I would ask you to show me the scripture. And after several days you would say blah blah blah like the teacher in Charlie Brown that nobody understands and say see Jesus said he was Almighty God in Genesis 1:1 and I say the scripture doesn't even say Jesus... then you would say I'm lying again.... blah blah blah...

Then I would give you another quote from Jesus... and we repeat the process... Like... did you know Jesus claimed to be the Bright Morning Star?

“‘I, Jesus, sent my angel to bear witness to you about these things for the congregations. I am the root and the offspring of David and the bright morning star.’” (Revelation 22:16)

Then I would throw in another scripture to make you stay up all night.... AS far as we know there are two morning stars that fight over Jehovah's Sovereignty. Can you guess which one wins?

Job 38:7
When the morning stars joyfully cried out together, And all the sons of God began shouting in applause? The Bright Morning Star is the Beginning of Creation as in Jn 1:1... "In the Beginning was the Word"

Col 1:15... Firstborn of All Creation
Rev 3:12... the Beginning of Creation of God[/QUOTE]
Even the NWT says Jesus is God.

NWT John 20:28 In answer Thomas said to him: “My Lord and my God!”

Kingdom Hall should have an emergency meeting to edit that out.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do not think so. That is just you, wishing that God Almighty is plural to force conformance with your pagan tradition and theory of the nature of the one God kcnalp. There is ONLY ONE God Almighty and he is indivisible with one nature and personality, and he alone is divine. He is the Father of all.
God is not plural. He is OUR and US in Gen 1:26.

John 1:1-3 (NKJV)
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Qqqqq1q1
You said, "Yes I do, and there are two strong contenders: the angels and/or the use of the majesty expression -plurality, or overwhelming dominance." Remember? Now, who's the "LAIR"?

Yes, I know what you said. "Yes I do, and there are two strong contenders: the angels and/or the use of the majesty expression -plurality, or overwhelming dominance."

Gen 1:26 is referring to God the Creator.

Now you're a Hebrew expert? You're TWISTING Gen 1:26 to fit YOUR doctrine. It's perfectly clear.

Gen 1:26 God said, "Let US make man in OUR image according to OUR likeness".

Father, Son and Holy Spirit!
It was obvious to me that APAK was not supporting the idea that God was referring to angels in Gen 1.
But rather he pointed to the fact that the only persons present with God when He said this is heavenly angels and therefore a student of His Word has to understand the use of language as an explanation who "us" is...so by use of knowledge of truth it is easy to rule out the angels.
You have twisted what he said and made it into something he didn't say.
Instead of attacking with assumptions of his meaning wouldn't it be more Christian like to ask what he meant?
Reading all of yours and others posts has no resemblance of a Christian and how we should be humble and respond in the spirit of love.
Considering locking this thread in lieu of all the anger and hateful words being spoken.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Qqqqq1q1

It was obvious to me that APAK was not supporting the idea that God was referring to angels in Gen 1.
But rather he pointed to the fact that the only persons present with God when He said this is heavenly angels and therefore a student of His Word has to understand the use of language as an explanation who "us" is...so by use of knowledge of truth it is easy to rule out the angels.
You have twisted what he said and made it into something he didn't say.
Instead of attacking with assumptions of his meaning wouldn't it be more Christian like to ask what he meant?
Reading all of yours and others posts has no resemblance of a Christian and how we should be humble and respond in the spirit of love.

Now you are making accusations without proof!
Considering locking this thread in lieu of all the anger and hateful words being spoken.
So you are defending someone who denies that Jesus is God?

APAK said, "Did Jesus speak and claim he was divine, let alone God Almighty? A clear resounding No! This something to ponder over.

Jesus said in plain view he was the son of man and never a divine being."

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you are defending someone who denies that Jesus is God
You are creating a false narative...I am not defending anyone...I am in agreement that you have misunderstood or read it wrong as to what was being implied.

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@kcnalp so what does Gen 1:26 mean to you son? And elaborate on what does 'us' and 'our' mean in this scripture.

God Almighty could have spoken with the angels, his first creation, when He, the Father alone, created us in his image. So how many times do you want me to repeat it; and then for you to echo it again back to me like banging your head against the same wall. The outcome will always be the same. It won't get any better, trust me on that one.

What is you point you want to make about it anyway? Don't you like angels? You want the 'us' and 'our' to mean the Father AND the Son of God the Father, don't you? Don't be shy about it, just say it. You can be upfront and then I might consider you truthful in the matter. We can differ in opinion you know. I look for honesty and integrity in your answers as I do in others, don't you?

And again for the last time, the Father most probably was using the 'us' and 'we' SOLELY as an expression of MAJESTIC/MAJESTY - his complete and unchallengeable and unquestionable dominance of power, authority over ALL creation. He alone is the Creator of all, including mankind.

Happy trails and I would get another pair of glasses that don't have imprinted on them, Jesus is God the Creator. You show your sheer ignorance of scripture by wearing them. Just a suggestion that will help you learn more of truth in scripture.

APAK

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have to agree with you. I have a question...Being created in His Image....what exactly is His image since He is spirit?
I will discuss this further in a pm
..tomorrow with you. It's late and fixing to go to bed.
A short answer I once wrote down is this one...made in His image ...is to possess and become with God (Father and his Spirit) -like glory and moral capacity to reign and rule the earth as His representatives, and then beyond that under Christ in the Kingdom, as immortals.

Hope this helps Sis.

Bless you

You can shut this thread down at your convenience. It is apparent that it has past its age of useful production and for any edification for anyone.

APAK

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A short answer I once wrote down is this one...made in His image ...is to possess and become with God (Father and his Spirit) -like glory and moral capacity to reign and rule the earth as His representatives, and then beyond that under Christ in the Kingdom, as immortals.

Hope this helps Sis.

Bless you

You can shut this thread down at your convenience. It is apparent that it has past its age of useful production and for any edification for anyone.

APAK
Okay will.do

Status
Not open for further replies.