Jesus own words that He is the Son of God

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Justbobg

Oct 4, 2022
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I wonder why all those of you who deny the three in one Godhead will not say which religion they belong to. Makes me think you are ashamed or afraid to say.
It does not exist in scriptures there is nothing to deny .

Reactions: Wrangler

Justbobg

Oct 4, 2022
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Some comments get miss directed some how , not sure why .
Maybe they have an audit , that happens on some web sites , they will not allow a fair exchange , they will accuse you of something and cut you off , making you look bad .

Justbobg

Oct 4, 2022
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
John 1:1-5 KJV
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God,
and the Word was God.

2 The same was in the beginning with God.

3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

5 And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

John 1:14 King James Version

14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
You should try obeying the word and be silent and not try to teach men things you do not understand. But then again I don’t expect that your type read the Bible much .

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Endless questions gets you no where.
He's been answered this over and over, but to no avail.

Jeremiah called God the "God of all flesh", so when Jesus was incarnated, He took this on also.

Philippians 2:6-8 KJV
6) Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
7) But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:
8) And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

It's the same as Jesus being baptized by John. Jesus shared in all that goes with Humanity, except sin.

Much love!

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
He's been answered this over and over, but to no avail.

Jeremiah called God the "God of all flesh", so when Jesus was incarnated, He took this on also.

Philippians 2:6-8 KJV
6) Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
7) But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:
8) And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

It's the same as Jesus being baptized by John. Jesus shared in all that goes with Humanity, except sin.

Much love!
@marks The wonder of the hypostatic union.......John 1:14; Colossians 2:9.....

Reactions: Pearl

BeyondET

Jul 9, 2022
Hampton Roads
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One God in Three Persons; Three Persons in One God..........there are plenty of verses to illustrate God in Three Persons.
I'd agree with that, and verses that God is all three. I wouldn't call a leg of a octopus a separate octopus just because the leg can think on its own.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Endless questions gets you no where.
That's not what I said at all. Jesus is NOT God. I know this because he died. It is a demonstrable fact.

Jesus knows he is not God, which is why he said he has a God who is the only true God. It's so simple, even a trinitarian can understand it.

BeyondET

Jul 9, 2022
Hampton Roads
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's not what I said at all. Jesus is NOT God. I know this because he died. It is a demonstrable fact.

Jesus knows he is not God, which is why he said he has a God who is the only true God. It's so simple, even a trinitarian can understand it.
Jesus didnt bolster about things like that in the flesh. Human flesh is not equal to God but the Spirit that dwelled in it was.

BeyondET

Jul 9, 2022
Hampton Roads
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When God showed Moses His backside, the Throne in Heaven was not empty because God was on earth showing Moses His back. God is localized and centralized to the max.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
@marks The wonder of the hypostatic union.......John 1:14; Colossians 2:9.....

Council of Chalcedon, 451 A.D.

Source of the “Jesus is not a human person” doctrine.

The wonder - an understatement, imo - of the Hypostatic Union.